Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SkyVoice
Topic Author

What happened to the "Denver Mayor Proclaims 'United Airlines Day'" thread in Civil Aviation?

Thu May 25, 2023 3:46 am

On the evening of Tuesday, 23 May, I posted a note of congratulations to the City of Denver, Colorado, and the people who work in and around the Denver International Airport on the thread "Denver Mayor Proclaims 'United Airlines Day'" in Civil Aviation. The next evening, I logged on and saw that there were three (3) newer posts that had quoted my post. However, when I went to the thread in question, I saw that the last post on it was my post from Tuesday, 23 May. Not even one of the three follow-up posts were to be found! They were not in the thread, nor could I bring them up using the notifications icon.

So, what gives? I know very well that Airliners.net has specific rules for posting, and I respect that. I have made 660 posts on this forum with only one deletion (and the mods were right to delete that one!). However, if my post was being praised, I'd like to read that. And, if I was being flamed, well, I think that I'm a mature grownup and that I can take it. I was an airline CSA before I retired, so I know how to handle that. I bear no ill will towards the three posters whose posts were deleted, and I want all to know that I had nothing to do with their deletion. It just seems strange to me that there were three posts in a row that quoted my post, and all three ended up getting booted off. That seems to be a bit above the law of averages.

atcsundevil

Re: What happened to the "Denver Mayor Proclaims 'United Airlines Day'" thread in Civil Aviation?

Thu May 25, 2023 4:30 am

SkyVoice wrote:
On the evening of Tuesday, 23 May, I posted a note of congratulations to the City of Denver, Colorado, and the people who work in and around the Denver International Airport on the thread "Denver Mayor Proclaims 'United Airlines Day'" in Civil Aviation. The next evening, I logged on and saw that there were three (3) newer posts that had quoted my post. However, when I went to the thread in question, I saw that the last post on it was my post from Tuesday, 23 May. Not even one of the three follow-up posts were to be found! They were not in the thread, nor could I bring them up using the notifications icon.

So, what gives? I know very well that Airliners.net has specific rules for posting, and I respect that. I have made 660 posts on this forum with only one deletion (and the mods were right to delete that one!). However, if my post was being praised, I'd like to read that. And, if I was being flamed, well, I think that I'm a mature grownup and that I can take it. I was an airline CSA before I retired, so I know how to handle that. I bear no ill will towards the three posters whose posts were deleted, and I want all to know that I had nothing to do with their deletion. It just seems strange to me that there were three posts in a row that quoted my post, and all three ended up getting booted off. That seems to be a bit above the law of averages.

None of your posts were removed. Only one of the three posts you're referring to was actually responding to your post. Due to our privacy policy, I can't share who posted it, what was posted, or any it was removed. It's not about you being mature enough to handle what was written, it's a matter of maintaining decorum and respect. That's why we're here.

On a side note, most deletions that occur here are for a referenced post deletion. When a user creates a post that requires removal, we have to remove all posts that quoted it in a reply. It accounts for probably 2/3 of all deletions on these forums. We don't have another way of handling it — our policy requires that everything be removed.