Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airbus380
Topic Author

Aviation Dreams

Thu Sep 06, 2001 10:58 pm

I dreamed last night that I was on approach to MSY sitting in a CO DC-10-30 in BusinessFirst. It makes no sense. I also dreamed once that I was on a CO 744. I have weird dreams like this. Does anybody else have these?

Airbus380

classic707

RE: Aviation Dreams

Thu Sep 06, 2001 11:15 pm

I had a dream once that a huge airport had moved in next door. From my window the point where the aircraft turn onto the runway was less than 500ft! It was simalar to Boston Logan, the runwas were partly surrounded by water. I noticed the Western Pacific Simpson's 737 lining up, and behind it was an unknown 767. What caught my attention was a Continiental DC-10 doing a Go-around and I remember thinking "Continental sure is flying them low this morning, wait CO does, not surve Lockhart with the DC-10; come to think of it, Lockhart doesn't even have a comercial airport!" Latter I remembere seeing 3 L-1011s flying in formation, the middle one was LUT, but I don't know what the others were. I count my self lucky to have had such a nice dream!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

hoons90

Thu Sep 06, 2001 11:45 pm

I had a dream that I was on a British Airways 707 in 2001!

Sunken_Lunken

Fri Sep 07, 2001 12:41 am

Unfortunately, the only aviation dream I remember was a bad one.  Sad

I was either on a golf course, or a large field with trees all around on a bright, sunny afternoon. I saw a FedEx jet fly over at low altitude, level, and under control. The jet passes by....... them slams into a hillside a mile or so away.

I started running toward the smoking wreckage, yelling for help.

That's about all I remember. Sooooooo glad it was just a dream!!!!!

VapourTrails

Sat Sep 08, 2001 10:53 pm

I have had many aviation dreams both good and bad, but I don't remember most of them soon after. An interesting one that has recurred from time to time over the years is of being in the left hand seat of a light aircraft flying (I've never been in a light aircraft) - and it is situated at the first airport I ever remember going to, when I was about six.

Ilyushin96M

Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:07 am

Recently, I dreamt I was aboard an Aeroflot Ilyushin IL-96-300, not sure where it was flying to. Looking outside the windows, the engines were weird - not the PS90As the actual plane has, but engine nacelles with black prop-like fans right at the front. Anyway, the plane did a nosedive, the forward passenger door flew open, and the cabin lost pressure. I had to close the door myself. I went up to the flight deck to yell at the pilots for their crazy flying, and the F/As were all arguing with me. The dream was in Russian.  Smile Anyway, I went back to what must have been a sleeper section, even though the IL-96-300 has no such place, to check on my parents. They were really angry with me, because I'd convinced them to fly Aeroflot, even though they didn't want to.

Weird dream, eh?

mandala499

Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:20 am

I had a dream while on an Scandinavian DC10 over Afghanistan, that my plane blew up and I survived the blow and freefell to the mountains below! Thanks to the captain that mentioned during boarding that the DC10 have had a crash a few days before and said "Let's just board the plane quietly and hope nothing happens"

Yea, thanks Cap !

Mandala499

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos