Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SAAB340
Topic Author

A/C To Fly In 10 Years?

Tue Oct 16, 2001 2:01 am

Hello all!

I am a 15 year old wanting to fly as a career and would like some help from some expereinced elders on what Airplanes will be most commonly flown in 10 years. I have been noticing all the planes I have been growing up with are quickly being faded out! I am just wondering what A/C would be a sure to choice to start preparing for now that will still be flying high in 10 years!

Thanks for your time!!

c172akula

RE: A/C To Fly In 10 Years?

Tue Oct 16, 2001 2:11 am

I don't think you can afford to be choosy when you are starting out. Look at me, right now I'll take a job anywhere. As long as it is in a plane. So with regards to your question just concentrate on what is in front of you, the airlines will train you on their aircraft when you get hired, not to mention tell you what you will be flying. I imagine it wouldn't be good making demands at your interview for a/c type!

prebennorholm

RE: A/C To Fly In 10 Years?

Tue Oct 16, 2001 3:21 am

If you are dreaming about an airliner career, then look out of the window and see what planes are in the air.
Add to that an A318 and an ERJ-170/190, maybe a Do 728/928.
And subtract all DC-9, DC-10 (except MD-10), B727, B737-200, L-1011, F-28/100 and Concorde.
A300/310 will at best be very rare birds except as freighters and military conversions.

There you have your selection of airliners when you are 25. You will not at that time get a seat up front in one of the still very rare A380s, or an even more rare Boeing Sonic Cruiser.

Regional planes are harder to predict.

Regards, Preben Norholm
Always keep your number of landings equal to your number of take-offs

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos