Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

IndianGuy
Topic Author

FA's Acting Fresh

Thu Nov 29, 2001 3:18 am

What do you think about FA's who forget their work and try to get familiar with you while u are travelling?

2 days back i had to travel to another city at short notice. So early that morning, my colleague and I made our way to the airport to try and get tickets for the early morning flight. To our bad luck the flight was totally booked, but the ticket clerk told me that 2 J-Class seats from the VIP quota were available, and i could use my FF points to get an upgrade by paying some taxes. WE usually never travel J as we consider it a little too expensive for our tastes, but with little options available, we decided to pay up and take the upgrade.

This wasnt my first time on J, but this experience that i had was definitely new. We were the youngest upfront, and atleast one of the 2 FA's assigned to our section was showing a lot of interest in us. With my half-goatee and colored hair I probably looked like one of those newly rich(which i am not!) dot-commers or something, so mebbe it was that. whatever, the attention we got was simply phenomenal. She first helped us open the overhead lockers and all(no-one did that for me in Y EVER!) and introduced herself. In 2 minutes she was behaving extremely familiar. when the warm-towels were being passed around, she almost wiped my forehead with it until my colleague gave her a sharp look!

After take off, this Ms.M plonked herself on the seat behind mine and started making conversation about what we did and all. The look on her face when we said "Software Consultants" so very obviously read "BINGO!". Perhaps she hadnt read about the downturn in this field!

For the next 1 hour and 20 minutes, this madam went on as if we were college pals or something getting up only briefly to get the food carts. The other FA, a rather gay-acting Sardarji who was also the chief purser kept to his business, but the look on his face showed that he obviously found the whole thing very amusing and so did the other "uncles" in the cabin who kept giving me dirty smiles.

For the first 15 mins, she was somewhat tolerable, but after that it had obviously gone too far. I kept quiet and didnt make a fuss, because i didnt want to create a scene there nor did i want to sound rude.

But it was to get worse. She had managed to talk to my colleague while she was visiting the loo, and the 2 women had exchanged itineraries. So that evening as i came back to the hotel room to shower, i saw Madam M sitting in the lobby chatting with my colleague! She spent the rest of the evening with us, giving us a walktrough of her family tree.

When we returned, My colleague yakked about this to all her friends in the office, so now i have to sit thru ultra-sick "STUD" jokes at lunch.

I was totally pissed off at the FA's behaviour. Arent FA's trained to behave themselves? And shouldnt the superior (the Surd) have put her in her place?

Do u think i should report this to the airline?

Have you guys had any similar experiences?

EWRvirgin

RE: FA's Acting Fresh

Thu Nov 29, 2001 3:26 am

You some kind of queer, boy?!?!?!? Or are you disguising this brag as a complaint?

Thu Nov 29, 2001 3:31 am

I had a female FA on Virgin grab my ass (see looked butch), and I had a male IFD give me a bottle of wine on a United flight (I am 100% ladies man by the way).
Iain

airmale

Thu Nov 29, 2001 3:38 am

Coloured hair Confused
.....up there with the best!

AA737-823

Thu Nov 29, 2001 3:56 am

hahahahahah, no, just go with it. I mean, yeah, she got annoying, I understand that, they (women who think they're cuter than they actually are) do that sometimes.

No, she is responsible for herself, the purser is not a babysitter.

Randy

KROC

Thu Nov 29, 2001 3:58 am

I wish a FA would get "fresh" with me!  Nuts

CactusA319

Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:04 am

And you're complaining because.......

Unless she was unattractive or you're not into women I really don't see this as a problem.

IndianGuy
Topic Author

Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:14 am

Perhaps i should have clarified!

Whether she is attractive or otherwise is really besides the point.

My point is that the employee in question clearly overstepped her brief on inflight service.

Secondly she came on pretty strongly becuase of her perceptions on what we were, just because we happened to be travelling in J. Would she have done the same thing if i had been in 24C instead of 3C?

TonyBurr

Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:21 am

You don't have to worry about "over attention" in econmoy. They do no teven know you exist! In Business or First they do give alot more attention. Perhaps she went a bit too far, but... worse things happen. Be grateful she was friendly. I have too many who are anything BUT friendly!

flybulldog

Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:26 am

Maybe she thought you were Frank Gifford.

PLL-LOT

Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:28 am

What is Sardarji?

Avilitigator

Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:35 am

Just as EWRvirgin aptly put it: are you disguising this complaint as a boast?

By your own words, the FA exchanged itineraries with your female coworker and met her in the lobby of your hotel. Sounds like the FA had a thing for your coworker rather than you....

Likesplanes

Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:37 am

No real harm done; just smile and forget about it.
If it ever happens again, simply diffuse the situation by closing off the conversation. You could say, "well, it's been really nice talking to you, but I think I would like to rest now, if that is ok". There is always a polite way to deal with someone in this situation. If she was physically accosting you by touching or grabbing, then by all means report it if it would offend you. I wouldn't react too strongly over this one though. As has been pointed out already, at least you got some attention, because a lot of the time, FA's do not know you exist on a flight!

BarfBag

Thu Nov 29, 2001 5:13 am

What is Sardarji?

'Sardar' is another word for Punjabis (those of the Sikh religion in India, who wear turbans).

LOL Indianguy. Was this on IC, 9W or S2 ? I'm assuming its the first... I can't imagine those 9W F/As doing this  Smile

AWspicious

Thu Nov 29, 2001 5:37 am

Upon first reading this thread, I kept asking (as did the rest of you) "what is the problem here?" I've dated a f/a I met on a flight. Heck, that's in the top 10 list of fantacies!
Upon reading all your responses I got thinking of something even more fantastic - Again, in the top 10 fantacy list - Perhaps, the friendly f/a was looking for a 3some!!!
AAAHHHHHH!!!!  Wow!  Big thumbs up

p.s. er... e-mail me privatly with this airline's name and route. I'll er.... look in this rather er... disturbing matter  Wink/being sarcastic
Nevermind political correctness - Envision using your turn signals!