Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airDD

RE: VG Airlines Plans To Start In Feb.2002

Wed Dec 19, 2001 4:39 am

Anyway ...

Freddy makes it look so easy to start an airline, I feel like doing it myself...

Anyone wants to join me ?

Wink/being sarcastic

airDD

Wed Dec 19, 2001 4:42 am

I tell you, AirDD - I wish it was that easy!  Big thumbs up Big grin  Insane

LJ

Wed Dec 19, 2001 4:44 am

AirDD yep I want to join. May I do the finances and marketing?

Regards
Laurens

VG Airlines Artist Impression Soon To Be Unveiled

Wed Dec 19, 2001 7:30 am

Ordered (and already payed incl. taxes) by Freddy Van Gaever one of my best illustrators is painting now an artist impression of a VG Airlines A330-200. The image will be unveiled during the weekend between Christmas and New Year via this forum and via the website of Lila Design Aviation.

Regards,
Air Orange

SN-A330

RE: VG Airlines Artist Impression Soon To Be Unvei

Wed Dec 19, 2001 4:44 pm

Air Orange, can't wait to see it !

Regards, SN-A330
I would rather be flying...

Wed Dec 19, 2001 7:18 pm

Air Orange - I'm looking forward to it as well. Now, just convince Freddy that he has to play by the rules if he really wants to get into the air!

airDD

Thu Dec 20, 2001 1:56 am

What is the latest on Freddy : does he have planes or not ?

Ceilidh And AirDD

Thu Dec 20, 2001 8:47 am

Ceilidh: Tonight I drove with my Volkswagen Bora and my brand new radio/cd-player (my wife bought it today for me) through the windy and rainy Dutch/Belgian wheather to Freddy Van Gaever to deliver some colour printwork. I had to come to his favorite restaurant near Antwerp where a meeting of the board took place. We drunk Champagne to celebrate the official establishment of VG Airlines. Van Gaever told me he will start already in February 2002. As I am "just" the designer of the VG Airlines logo and livery I do not bother with all the airline's inside information and if this was the case I never unveil everything I see and hear until it is officially unveiled. My costumers can rely on my confidentiality. Tonight I heard the call sign of VG Airlines but it is not to me to mention it here. Perhaps later.

AirDD: My latest news is that they lease 2 Novair A330-200 but I cannot confirm this.

airDD

Thu Dec 20, 2001 8:52 am

Air Orange

Thanks for the info, you seem to be the insider.

Nice livery by the way

apuneger

Thu Dec 20, 2001 9:15 am

I'd sure like to see that artist impression as well..

Air Orange, nice job...

Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

VG Airlines Website

Thu Dec 20, 2001 5:51 pm

VG Airlines has contracted the Belgian web design agency PubliSite (http://www.publisite.be) to design the VG Airlines website. I think it will be soon unveiled. I have no URL jet.

Thu Dec 20, 2001 6:12 pm

Air Orange - how come Novair say that there is no contract in place between them and VG for the aircraft; and that in any case they have one, not two, surplus A330s?

That restaurant wasn't the really nice (and horribly expensive one) in the forest outside Antwerp, was it?  Big grin Have been there many times!

I wonder how he will start in February without any AOC, OL or DOT402 though!

LJ

Thu Dec 20, 2001 7:45 pm

Ceillidh according Van Gaever he'll decide next week from whom he'll lease the aircraft. Thus VG Airlines probably hasn't signed anything.

Regards
Laurens

Ceilidh

Thu Dec 20, 2001 8:09 pm

I really don't know what VG Airlines is going to lease than. It could be ex-Sabena or ex-Swissair aircraft.

Restaurant, Ceilidh!

Thu Dec 20, 2001 8:43 pm

Ceilidh, you have taste! But it was not the restaurant in the forest. I'm always very keen about service and manners of the waiters too and I can tell you it is a damned good, cosy and affordable restaurant. I really can recommend it to you. Shall I e-mail you?

Paintshop of the first VG Airlines aircraft will be probably done or in Amsterdam (KLM) or Zurich (SR Technics) or nearby Toulouse.

Flying Belgian

Thu Dec 20, 2001 8:54 pm

This project is pure flemish bulls*** !!!!

It has absolutly NO future, no plans, nothing.

I really do not understand the purposes of this "Joke-VG-Airlines".

Van Gaever should go to Afghanistan or Somalia, there his business has may be a chance.

I hope no to many ex-Sabena people will dream with VG because the fall will be painfull.

FB.
Life is great at 41.000 feet...

vfw614

Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:27 pm

Maybe it is helpful to consider that Freddie van Gaever founded DAT in 1966 and VLM in 1993 - which should give him an idea about how to set up an airline. He has been active in the forwarding business, owns his own leasing company FREVAG, has been on the board of a number of international airports and led, if memory serves, Transavia for a short time when they were in desperate need for an interim executive. This should give him more experience in dealing with airline start-ups, leasing aircraft, working with airports etc. than anybody who has posted here. I wish him luck and we shall see....

Thu Dec 20, 2001 11:47 pm

Air Orange - yes, please email me with the details. Have you ever visited the 5* Chinese restaurant round there? Again, one I can thoroughly recommend!

Flying Belgian - would you mind please taking your childish sectarian comments elsewhere? At least when I have a go at Belgians, I don't make a distinction between Flemish and Walloons! Can we assume that if they do get airborne, you will not be applying for a job there as cabin crew?  Big grin

Vfw614 True, but it should also ensure that he knows that the rules are there to be obeyed. The JAR-OPS regulations are very strict - and having gone through the whole process myself (including trying to find ways to short-cut the process!!) I know what I'm talking about. If he were operating purely intra-European flights, life would be very simple: he can just 'piggyback' on someone else's AOC (assuming that they have the right aircraft on it; and of course assuming that they will designate the specific aircraft you want to operate. The old system simply said that ABC Airways is authorised to operate B747s; the JAR-OPS one says that ABC Airways is authorised to operate B747-236 G-BDXN; B747-212 G-BHXX; A330-200 G-XXXX within the following areas: and then specifies them).

If they want to operate outside the EU on scheduled services, airlines must hold their own AOC and Operating Licence - both of which must be in place before the US Department of Transport will consider issuing a DOT402. Equally, they must also be in place before IATA will issue a two letter code and three digit accounting designator.

airDD

Fri Dec 21, 2001 2:21 am

FLYING BELGIAN

VG Airlines might be Flemish B/S but it does not waste TAX-payers money.

And lucky you, DAT + will waste the Walloon Government's money and will get no money from the Flemish government.

You will still have to SERVE mostly Flemish PAX, that is if you get your job back at DAT.  Sad

I feel sorry for you...

groholsky

Fri Dec 21, 2001 3:20 am

Flemish Pax, served by flemish crew with Walloon Money !

Congratulations !

LJ

Fri Dec 21, 2001 3:35 am

..............and Brussels money. What we only need now if for the Flemish government to be able to invest EUR 25mio into BIAC and there will be another civil war breaking out.

Why does any subject concerning anything Belgian always turns to a Flemish-Walloon war? Stop it!!!

Regards
Laurens

Let's Keep The Unity

Fri Dec 21, 2001 5:18 am

Common guys. I just live 3 miles from the Belgian border and I know Belgium has, unfortunately, always been an artificial state. Let's keep the unity, there is no reason to get angry with eachother.

Freddy Van Gaever told me that he don't like the blue-white-gold VLM Airlines logo and livery I designed few years ago. He was proud to the yellow-white (ex-Busy Bee) livery with the black Flemish lion. As I prefered too to have a typical Flemish design (because VLM means Flemish Air transport Company) the present Ducth owner Jaap Rosen Jacobson choosed for a more businesslike coloured livery. VLM should become more an airline for "all" Europeans.

Anyway when I sent Van Gaever my VG Airlines logo and aircraft livery design few weeks ago, Freddy didn't objected against the Belgian national flag I used.

My other idea was to have the tailfin at one side in yellow with the black Flemish lion and at the otherside a red fin with the yellow Walloon hen. I did not proposed the design as I think it would send sensitive wrong signals. For me as a Dutchman I thought it was a good idea to show the public the both sides (Wallony and Flanders) of the country melted to a unity on one aircraft.

erasmus

Fri Dec 21, 2001 5:30 am

I think www.vg-airlines.be will be the URL of the new airline. (Unless someone was faster then Freddy and claimed the name before he did)
Look it up via http://www.dns.be and the whois information on that website.