Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

vfw614
Topic Author

Ex CoEx ATR72s Bought For EAE

Mon Dec 24, 2001 10:28 pm

About a year ago, a small German leasing company (SSAL) bought two Continental Express ATR72-212 (N69901 and N69902) that were acquired for a lease to German airline European Air Express (ATR42-300 operator) for use from its MGL-base (1.200 runway). The aircraft were re-painted at Southend and later delivered with D-regs (D-ACCC and D-ADDD) in full EAE c/s to Cologne, but were immediately placed into storage there. The a/c never went into EAE service and one (D-ACCC) finally ended up with German ad hoc charter company Skyteam in late summer 2001 (possibly the 2nd a/c is now also with Skyteam). I'd be interested to know why the ATR72s never entered service with EAE. I doubt that it had something to do with finance as the leasing company that owns the aircraft is actually owned by the wife of one of EAE's owners.

akelley728

RE: Ex CoEx ATR72s Bought For EAE

Mon Dec 24, 2001 11:05 pm

How may ATR72s did CoEx have? Do they have any left?

[email protected]

RE: Ex CoEx ATR72s Bought For EAE

Tue Dec 25, 2001 8:23 am

I'm not sure how many ATR-72s were in the fleet, all I know is that none remain. The remaining ATR-42-320s (about 30) are being retired. Continental Express will no longer operate turboprop aircraft after the first quarter of 2003.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos