Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Has Piano Tuna Been Removed?

Sat Aug 07, 1999 5:37 am

Hey! I just wanted to know if Piano Tuna's message "What Plane was I on?" been removed? I can't find it anywhere, and I thought of something that might help her indentify the plane she was on. Anyone help me? Thanx FlexeBex

Rule Britannia

RE: Has Piano Tuna Been Removed?

Sat Aug 07, 1999 5:45 am

i was wondering that myself because I was interested in and repied to his topic about what plane he was on yesterday. I wanted to see how it had progressed.

Regards,
Neil,
England

Granite

Sat Aug 07, 1999 5:54 am

Hi FlexBex

Please contact one of the administrators re-this deletion.

Regards
Gary Watt
Aberdeen, Scotland

B-707

Sat Aug 07, 1999 5:59 am

It really should not suprise you that the topic was deleted. Every time I visit the forum most of the topics I was following have been removed. The freedom of speech around here is very limited. If you inadvertantly drift off the topic of aviation it is invariably removed. I was following that particular post too.

mirage

BTW, Who Are The Administrators? (nt)

Sat Aug 07, 1999 6:09 am

?

UPS Pilot

Freedom Of Speech

Sat Aug 07, 1999 6:12 am

The administrators should be able to to delete advertisments or any profanity but that is it! I did not follow that post and there are some others that I don't follow because they are actually pretty ridiculous at times. But being a commercial aviator which most of the contributors on the forum are not, I have alot to add to the forum but if it is going to be deleted or changed in any sort of way then I will no longer contribute to the site in any way and also write to sponsors of the site asking them why they support such a site where freedom of expression will not be tolorated.
Granted they should not allow people to make money from ads on their site and protect childeren and other to where profanity may be offensive but if I feel a persons comments are full of B.S. then I should be able to express my opinion freely.
Jeff

David L

RE: Freedom Of Speech

Sat Aug 07, 1999 6:31 am

I may have missed some of the later posts on that subject but it seemed pretty much on topic to me. However, didn't you find the question a bit odd? I mean, "I flew on a plane with blue seats and the Vicar of Dibley, what kind of plane was it?" from somebody in Lancashire who "thinks" there's a place called Manchester, or something (Manchester is the biggest city in Lancashire). I can't help wondering if it was removed for reasons other than those mentioned here. Personally, I found it rather amusing but you know what I'm like...

Charles802

RE: Aviation Related?

Sat Aug 07, 1999 6:31 am

I was trying to answer a question somebody had about the X-15, and included a fair amount of factual info, and the post was removed. Isn't the X-15 aviation related? Can't I at least answer somebody's question? Nowhere on this forum does it say it most be commercial aviation, it says general aviation. What blows be away is that they delete Piano Tuna's post, yet they don't delete posts asking what color were the napkins on Ancient Airways, or what color was the door to the head on Obsolete Air. Well, its still the best avation chat around.

mirage

What's The Smell Under A Blue Seat Of UA?

Sat Aug 07, 1999 6:44 am

Nice topic ha? he he, just kidding.

What blows me away is that this topic will be a winer in number of replies and for example my topic about a TAP Connie photographed in 1959 in Harare, Zimbabwe only have 1 reply. That's ok, I accept it but it shows how people must and like to talk about human relations.
I just would like to add that Johan Lundgren is making a wonderful work administrating this site. He has made some changes based on our opinions wich I doubt would happen in other sites.
My curiosity is to know who are the NEW administrators here.

Luis, Faro, Portugal

B-707

RE: Administrators.

Sat Aug 07, 1999 6:56 am

I know who the administrators are. They did introduce themselves in a topic once. Guess what? that topic was deleted. It's not my place to name them, they said they would come back and formally introduce themselves. But I don't think that has happened yet. That's not much help to you Luis. Sorry

mirage

RE: Administrators.

Sat Aug 07, 1999 7:08 am

I remember 2 of the administrators and also remember that story about they being formally presented.
But as until now nothing happen I would like to be sure about who they are.
I want to make clear that it's just my curiosity, nothing else.
Thanks anyways B-707

cedarjet

Sat Aug 07, 1999 8:48 am

Administrators keep some of the crap out but I think some people here (including me, to a degree) would relish some debates much more if there were no rules about conduct. The Airbus vs Boeing...erm...discussions would reach unbelievable levels of profanity, animosity and bullsh*t not previously witnessed outside of the Jerry Springer show. I wish more of those posts about door handles and 70s seat covers would stop, while good posts about aviation slip down the list. Personally I think that post about "what kind of plane was I on" was a wind-up, why would you register and get a password if your interest in aviation doesn't extend to recalling the airline, or even the destination (but recalling the in-flight TV programme AND how good it was?!).
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

UPS Pilot

Sat Aug 07, 1999 10:31 am

I agree alot of the posts are pretty stupid but let us decide what we will respond too and what not. If somebody wants to know what airline has the roomiest toilet and somebody else wants to respond to it then it's their choice. If I want to respond by saying "Who cares about the toilets " then give me the opportunity. JetPilot I think would agree. The people wondering who has the best seats can go to the trip.com

administrator

A Word From Your Admin

Sat Aug 07, 1999 10:44 am

Hello all,

About the "What Plane was I on?" thread: I'm really sorry to say that it was mistakenly deleted.  Unfortunately a deletion is irreversible and I am unable to un-delete it. If the original poster would like to take up the topic again you're free to do so.

Now, I'd like to say a few words to those of you that feel we should leave the forum un-moderated:

This would be an entirely different place if we didn't have rules and moderators. Trust me, you would all have left long time ago. The sad truth is that there are always a few people out there without respect for anything or anyone that would flood this forum with adverts, irrelevant topics, profane language, personal insults etc etc.

If you follow the rules your post will not be deleted. If not, it will most likely be. If you don't like the rules, e-mail me with your comments and suggestions. But please don't give me that crap about democracy, freedom of speech and that you should be allowed to say whatever you want. You are mistaking the state of Democracy for the state of Anarchy. Every Democracy must have laws to function. Same goes for this forum; it must have rules to work.

A big problem is that people tend to say things in a discussion forum that they wouldn't in any other context. Hiding behind anonymous user names people feel that they can say anything. If I didn't spend a large amount of my free time deleting posts with strong language and insults this place would be nothing but a battlefield.

To give me more time improving and adding new sections to the site instead of deleting posts, I am currently "training" additional administrators that can help me moderate the forum. More about that at a later date.

Regards,

Johan Lundgren
Editor Airliners.net
[email protected]
Working on the site from morning 'till night that's livin' alright (1997-2007)

UPS Pilot

I Apologize For The Tantrum

Sat Aug 07, 1999 11:46 am

Listen I think it should be moderated but not so extreme let the people decide and debate about issues irrelevant or not. I'm sorry about the tantrum but my Grandfather was killed in action over Europe during WWII defending Democracy, My father was killed in Vietnam fighting rfor my country and I served in The gulf War when people start talking about my first amendment rights I get very upset because of the price my family has paid for people to say what they please right or wrong
Jeff

administrator

RE: I Apologize For The Tantrum

Sat Aug 07, 1999 1:01 pm

Let me clarify this a bit:

I did not call "freedom of speech" crap and I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. To call upon "The freedom of speech" as an excuse to break the rules is what I called crap.

Cheers,
Johan
Working on the site from morning 'till night that's livin' alright (1997-2007)

Administrator

Sat Aug 07, 1999 6:03 pm

I agree when you guys some of what Piano Tuna wrote was pretty irrelavent, but this person was obviously interested about avaition to actually find the site and write a comment like that. If you look in Piano Tunas details it says that her age ie 5-15. That could mean that she could actually be 5. My brother is six and he's better than me using the internet (I'm 15). The thing that gets me is that she was actually interested in what aircraft she was on. Okay, so saying the colours of the seats may seem a little rediculous, but if she thought that saying that would help us find out what plane she was on, she should be allowed to put it without the fear of being removed. Espeacially if Piano Tuna is a little kid. FlexeBex

David L

RE: A Word From Your Admin

Sat Aug 07, 1999 6:04 pm

After all that the topic was deleted by mistake? Boy, there must be some red faces around here, including mine  

RE: A Word From Your Admin

Sat Aug 07, 1999 6:14 pm

Ooops, sorry!

David L

RE: FlexeBex & Piano Tuna

Sat Aug 07, 1999 6:20 pm

FlexeBex is right. As a genuine question it was perfectly valid. The problem was that it looked as if it could have been a wind up. I hope Piano Tuna doesn't get chased away.

RE: FlexeBex & Piano Tuna

Sat Aug 07, 1999 11:27 pm

I agree that it could have been a wind up, but I really think that there are some younger kinds out there who may have an interest in aviation. To little kids (Sorry Piano Tuna if you are an adult!!) the seat colour and that might seem important. I personnalt thought that the question was quite amusing, but I personally think that it was a genuine question. FlexeBex

RE: Has Piano Tuna Been Removed?,Johan

Sun Aug 08, 1999 12:04 am

Dear Johan,
Are you the only person in charge of this fourm>? and how many adds to people try to put up on this site?

Granite

Flex Bex Guy Or Girl?

Sun Aug 08, 1999 1:15 am

Hi FlexBex

Are you the same "Girl" who has posted a message on the "Photo request" site with a "Guy's" name called Dave!!??

Or are you using someone elses PC and e-mail number?

I'd be interested to know.
Regards
Gary Watt
Aberdeen, Scotland

LanFan

Delete Johans Post

Mon Aug 09, 1999 8:07 am

Mr. Administrator,

How can you regulate porfanity when you yourself use words of poor taste. I thank you very much for your efforts to make this a great site, but please dont be a hipocrat.

Jay
Miami,Fl

flpuck6

RE: Delete Johans Post

Mon Aug 09, 1999 11:55 am

I'm not so sure that Johan used poor word choice. If you are referring to his use of the word "crap," I think it's well justified as this whole thing of "freedom of speech" is a bunch of crap. It was used merely out of frustration with us. I also would not question anything that Johan himself posts in this forum.

This is an ELECTRONIC forum and people DO hide behind screen names etc. I do not personally know Johan, but I know he does spend a lot of time keeping this forum aviaition related. And with this message, I, myself, have broken the rules!
Bonjour Chef!

RE: Flex Bex Guy Or Girl?

Mon Aug 09, 1999 8:58 pm

Yep! I'm the same person! I am a girl and not a guy. "Dave" is my dad. Y'see I have to use his email address at the moment because me computer is just the dumbest computer in the world and kinda crashed. That sort everything out?! FlexeBex

David L

RE: Delete Johans Post

Mon Aug 09, 1999 9:30 pm

If "crap" is a good enough word to be used in the Simpsons, it's good enough for me. The same goes for "de-bigulator" but that's another story.

cedarjet

Mon Aug 09, 1999 11:04 pm

I don't think Johan or anyone else objects to a little recreational swearing, I put asterisks in place of vowels and use sh*t fairly often and even f*** (it's ruder, so even some of the consonants are bleeped in this one) and I've never been censured or censored for it, as long as it's in context. In a post about KAL, I mentioned my old travel business had a "sh*t list" of airlines we wouldn't book clients on. That was the actual name of the list, I could call it something else for the benefit of this forum but why bother. If anyone is offended by these words these days they must be shocked rigid every time they open a magazine, turn on the TV, turn on the computer, walk past a children's playground etc.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos