Delta777-XXX
Topic Author

Valujet Flight 592

Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:51 am

Most of us know of Flight 592 and a lot of the controversy surrounding it. I found a pretty interesting site that made me want to cry. I have always loved AirTran, but I must say that this has definitely opened my eyes.

http://www.flight592.com

Reading this also made me want to find out more. Does anyone know of any books about this crash?

I found a book that looked good, it was called The Ghost of Flight 401 (Eastern L-1011). Does anyone know of any books about airline accidents like that book?

Thanks,
Hank  Big thumbs up

Beefmoney

RE: Valujet Flight 592

Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:53 pm

Wow, thanks for pointing me to that websitesa, I read the bio on the captain and FO, and it turns out the captain ws from PHX, AZ (My hometown) so now it really lets me put a face with the transcripts from the accident, which I am doing, again, right now.

Cessnapimp

Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:56 pm

Just finished reding the John Fuller book "the ghost of flight 401" and found it very entertaining...

All that paranormal stuff on airliners, i'd really, really like to have a chat with Mr. Fuller about this book! Is he still around?

The book begins by assuring the reader that the story is entirely factual. I find that amazing!

Delta777-XXX
Topic Author

Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:21 pm

Beefmoney, where did you read the bios?
Hank

meechy36

Fri Feb 01, 2002 11:55 am

A good series of books to read if you are interested in crashes is Air Disaster Vol 1,2,3,4. They cover a wide range of accidents, some that I had never heard of like a Swissair Caravelle in the early 60's and alot of the more well known ones. Volume 4 deals with propliner crashes which is pretty interesting since I had read little about these until this book. If you are interested in them you can find out where to order them in Airliners and Airways magazines. I found the first 2 at Barnes and Noble but had to order Vol 4.

Cheers,
Mike-BOS

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos