User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23575
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:56 am

Night flights over south Dublin during runway overhaul
Hundreds of flights will divert every week for more than a year from September.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/tran ... -1.2714068

----


Talks on Aran Islands flights deadlocked, says Seán Kyne
Deadline for contract talks extended after ‘stumbling blocks’ relating to airport identified

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/ ... -1.2714215
 
stratocruiser
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:41 am

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:37 am

RRTrent wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:
It does seem a bit quiet on here at the moment, I suspect that the new forum software has a lot to do with it.


I can only speak for myself, but I used to browse the forums for hours on end. Now Ive stopped doing that and only visit this page once or twice a day now to get updates on the Irish thread. I'm sure I'm not the only one.


You are not alone, I feel exactly the same to the point where I am probably not going to renew my First Class membership of Airliners.net. This is a shame as the previous site was pretty user-friendly unlike the new one, which is far from that.
 
iRISH251
Posts: 717
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:56 am

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:03 pm

OA260 wrote:
Night flights over south Dublin during runway overhaul
Hundreds of flights will divert every week for more than a year from September.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/tran ... -1.2714068

----

I'd have thought that this was more of an issue for north Dublin, as in the north side of the city. It's a regular enough occurrence anyway but if sustained for a long period as described, it will have some impact on people's quality of life until the work is finished.
Last edited by iRISH251 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
David_itl
Posts: 6365
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2001 7:39 am

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:18 pm

To be honest, i'm finding it easy to navigate. Thr odd tweak here and there and it's a good job done. There is no such thing as First Class Membership anymore - it will just expire and so an adblocker is what you need.
 
cc47
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:51 pm

Does anyone know how the Flybe flights to CWL from ORK are performing?

Also, I was on the Flybe website yesterday and they are now selling ORK-CDG on their website with a connection in CWL, they beat EI on price aswell!
 
AERTANK
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:53 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:38 pm

I've been a watcher/lurker on Airliners.net for many years and wasn't able to join up and participate but with the new lay-out now I can, so for me the changes have been good. I understand people don't like change especially if they're used to the old system, however I don't find the new lay-out any more difficult to navigate than the old one.
 
User avatar
shamrock350
Posts: 5292
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:38 am

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:20 pm

Anyone know of EI-FMJ is staying with Aer Lingus permanently? I was under the impression it was just a summer lease but seeing it in full livery has made me wonder.

Interested to know the cabin layout as well, being from Vueling I guess it would have already been quite high density so no need for pitch reduction like the former Iberia birds.
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23575
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:24 am

Belfast International Airport back in UK's top 10
BELFAST International Airport has returned to the top 10 of UK airports for the first time in a decade.

The boost follows a 16 per cent jump in passenger numbers in April with 395,640 people carried.

And authorities at Aldergrove say they are expecting the airport's busiest ever summer period that it said will help deliver more than 5 million journeys this year.

According to the most recent statistics, Belfast International Airport recorded 4,589,618 passengers in the year to April, pipping Newcastle by almost 14,000 to re-enter the top 10.

http://www.irishnews.com/business/2016/ ... 10-597251/
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23575
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:37 am

Something from the archives :


New airline Ryanair starts its first scheduled service between Ireland and Britain on 8 July 1985.

A daily service between Waterford and Gatwick Airport in London is the first route launched by Ryanair. A group of local businessman boarded the 15-seater Embraer Bandeirante aircraft flying to London. The daily flights to Gatwick were the first international scheduled air service from Waterford, making it Ireland’s fourth international airport. It was hoped that the new route will make the south-east of Ireland more attractive to business and industry.

The new service was initially aimed at businessmen, with an outward flight from Waterford at 8.30am and a return one 12 hours later, so that they could have a full day in London without having to overnight.

http://www.rte.ie/archives/2015/0707/71 ... st-flight/
 
JAmie2k9
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:24 pm

Re; Flybe at Cork

Not sure but given the low fares, poor operational days and time I expect it's a route going through the motions before it can be dropped. Think they are getting some support on it.

The April numbers if my numbers are correct (and CAA ones) produced a LF of 23% but lather in the summer last year 45-55% was common. It's an E195 operated route which is way to big.

They move to a WedSun schedule this winter which will be some little benefit to the route but I really think a Sun/Thu or Fri or Mon/Fri schedule is needed.
Last edited by JAmie2k9 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
cc47
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:44 pm

According to planespotters.net, after FR are finished taking delivery of aircraft with reg EI-FR' they will start taking delivery of aircraft with reg. EI-FT'
 
EI121
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:50 am

According to travel extra: "Aer Lingus will announce their new trans-Atlantic routes for May 2017 tomorrow at an event in Dublin Airport."

I wonder if it will be a single route or possibly more? Is it confirmed that there are receiving 2 more A333's next year?

I would say MIA is a definite, but if there were more routes I would like the see DFW and SEA.

In terms of frequency I think SFO could be 10 - 14 weekly, LAX daily and possibly the 3rd daily JFK being increased to 6 months.

Thoughts...
-----------------------------------------------

This is my first post in the new Airliners.net and I must admit I'm a NOT a fan. I think we have seen a large decrease in posts in this forum since the revamp.
 
User avatar
chrisnh
Posts: 4135
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 1999 3:59 am

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:35 am

-EDY got up to around Halifax last night operating 138 to DUB before abruptly turning around and returning to Boston.

The Omni-Lingus 762 seems to be a real workhorse between SNN-BOS this summer. Back and forth each day with nary a hiccup.
 
Eirules
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:17 am

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:41 am

MIA seems the obvious choice alright. Outside of that I think maybe PHL may be in with a shout. Personally I can see AA launching DFW before EI but clearly I could be wrong. I don't see SEA due to pretty much zero connections on that end and it's another long haul 9+ hour route which would require more aircraft, surely DL should be looking at that, their presence in Ireland hasn't increased at all of late despite all of their competitors doing so. Other possible options (though less likely I agree) could be CVG, PIT, YUL or LAS
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23575
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:39 am

Will be interesting to see if Hainan do indeed add a tag from MAN-DUB for the first ever China route.
 
JAmie2k9
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:05 pm

Think Montreal will be a route...and perhaps Miami, Fort Lauderdale or Tampa.
Last edited by JAmie2k9 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
ClassicLover
Posts: 4719
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:27 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:32 pm

EI121 wrote:
According to travel extra: "Aer Lingus will announce their new trans-Atlantic routes for May 2017 tomorrow at an event in Dublin Airport."

I wonder if it will be a single route or possibly more? Is it confirmed that there are receiving 2 more A333's next year?

I would say MIA is a definite, but if there were more routes I would like the see DFW and SEA.

In terms of frequency I think SFO could be 10 - 14 weekly, LAX daily and possibly the 3rd daily JFK being increased to 6 months.

Thoughts...



I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the new route(s) for next year are going to be.

No idea if there are more A330s coming next year - I thought we only knew about the ones coming later this year. There's been nothing else said apart from that.

Interesting times ahead, that's for sure!
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!
 
cc47
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Personally I don't think EI will go into competition with AA. If EI do start PHL then I think AA will pull out.


I don't think they will start DFW either but AA starting it would not be out of question.

Is ATL possible here lads, Jetblue have just announced they are planning flights into ATL in 2017 and ATL airport serves quite a lot of people. Also, only KL, AF,BA,VS, LH and DL fly in there from Europe so EI flights might appeal to those with a connection in DUB to avoid big airports. Just speculation of course. :D


I think MIA is a given for EI flights. Other than that maybe DTW, DEN and MSP maybe be outsiders. Again, just speculation.
 
Cipango
Posts: 1498
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:48 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
Think Montreal will be a route...and perhaps Miami, Fort Lauderdale or Tampa.

I hear from a good source MIA will be the route - as for the second? Not too sure.

Maybe PHL, DFW, SEA or LAS?

OA260 wrote:
Will be interesting to see if Hainan do indeed add a tag from MAN-DUB for the first ever China route.

Though the schedule would comfortably permit, I've head the PEK-MAN route is exceeding expectations and expected to go daily sooner rather than later (though we have heard this from Cathay for over a year) and so HU might not be willing to block seats for DUB when it could sell with MAN alone.
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23575
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:44 pm

Someone has claimed ( posted ) the routes on a FB page. They match my sources too so lets wait for the official announcement. :D
 
EI121
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:39 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
Think Montreal will be a route...and perhaps Miami, Fort Lauderdale or Tampa.


I think Montreal would be an interesting choice! Considering TS only fly x1 (?) a week. Definitely would work with a 757 I think. Does anyone know how YYZ is doing?
 
JAmie2k9
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:24 pm

EI121 wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
Think Montreal will be a route...and perhaps Miami, Fort Lauderdale or Tampa.


I think Montreal would be an interesting choice! Considering TS only fly x1 (?) a week. Definitely would work with a 757 I think. Does anyone know how YYZ is doing?


YYZ expected to go A330 while IAD will continue as daily B752. SFO A333, ORD to 2 daily. YUL may be better with a B752 however perhaps x3 weekly A330 could work. It's just a hunch no factual basis behind the suggestion. YUL has a lot of low yield traffic to Europe in summer and could be something EI may capture.

I agree with the above post about AA, I will be surprised if they go head to head on PHL or CLT.
 
User avatar
ClassicLover
Posts: 4719
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:27 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:36 am

OA260 wrote:
Someone has claimed ( posted ) the routes on a FB page. They match my sources too so lets wait for the official announcement. :D


In this case, it would have been nicer if you had said "Someone posted X and Y on Facebook" and that way people like me would have some idea of what was going to be announced. At least "they" implies more than one, so two is a good guess!
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23575
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:51 am

ClassicLover wrote:
OA260 wrote:
Someone has claimed ( posted ) the routes on a FB page. They match my sources too so lets wait for the official announcement. :D


In this case, it would have been nicer if you had said "Someone posted X and Y on Facebook" and that way people like me would have some idea of what was going to be announced. At least "they" implies more than one, so two is a good guess!


Like a few on here sometimes we are privy to certain information that is either posted in confidence within a private group or through friends who are in the industry. I would not jeopardise future information being told to me or put anyone in a difficult situation by re posting without authority to do so. When I can post I do so when I cant I dont.
 
User avatar
ClassicLover
Posts: 4719
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:27 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:05 am

OA260 wrote:
Like a few on here sometimes we are privy to certain information that is either posted in confidence within a private group or through friends who are in the industry. I would not jeopardise future information being told to me or put anyone in a difficult situation by re posting without authority to do so. When I can post I do so when I cant I dont.


I inferred from your comment that it was posted on Facebook that it had been posted by someone publicly on Facebook and therefore was available for anyone to see.

I certainly wouldn't want you to be breaching trust of course, and nor would I expect you to :)
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23575
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:15 am

ClassicLover wrote:
OA260 wrote:
Like a few on here sometimes we are privy to certain information that is either posted in confidence within a private group or through friends who are in the industry. I would not jeopardise future information being told to me or put anyone in a difficult situation by re posting without authority to do so. When I can post I do so when I cant I dont.


I inferred from your comment that it was posted on Facebook that it had been posted by someone publicly on Facebook and therefore was available for anyone to see.

I certainly wouldn't want you to be breaching trust of course, and nor would I expect you to :)


Sorry should have been more specific if I can I always post a link whether it be Twitter/FB/General news media. :D Sadly on this I cant.
 
EI121
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:18 am

Any idea on when the EI announcement will occur?
 
User avatar
AmricanShamrok
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:03 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:32 am

EI currently snapchatting about being Ireland's only 4-star airline (Skytrax). No sign of an announcement yet.
 
User avatar
ClassicLover
Posts: 4719
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:27 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:13 am

AmricanShamrok wrote:
EI currently snapchatting about being Ireland's only 4-star airline (Skytrax). No sign of an announcement yet.


I do like the way airlines are using Snapchat. Qantas have a good one (qantas), Qatar have been snapping from Farnborough (qatar-airways) and American Airlines (americanair) often have things on the app as well. Bit of a fan of Snapchat, I am :)

I just saw the Aer Lingus (aerlingus) snaps and the big decal by the door of the aircraft for Skytrax 4 star! I wonder if that's going to be applied to the whole fleet... nice to see they are no longer a crappy 3 star airline. That arrivals lounge and new business class has certainly helped. That won't be bad for any oneworld application either.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!
 
User avatar
ClassicLover
Posts: 4719
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:27 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:56 pm

EI121 wrote:
Any idea on when the EI announcement will occur?


Maybe the SKYTRAX 4-star airline was today's announcement?
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23575
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Route announcement not today it seems.Although maybe this is a few weeks of announcements. As for Skytrax I am always cautious of these ''awards''. Whilst I am in agreement that some of the product deserves it there are still things that need to be addressed.
 
Eagleboy
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:36 pm

OA260 wrote:
Route announcement not today it seems.Although maybe this is a few weeks of announcements. As for Skytrax I am always cautious of these ''awards''. Whilst I am in agreement that some of the product deserves it there are still things that need to be addressed.

100% agree. Seems like a very pat on the back type "award"
Lots of issues exist, but we'll just ignore those and give you a 4 star rating.
1-5 rating being a very rough system, 1-10 being a far better metric.
However perhaps EI may not focus more on maintenance of this rating and try to fix issues...or am I being far too naive?
 
JAmie2k9
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:43 pm

Think most of use should of known better, EI always announce routes like most carriers on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

I do think the announcement is close and not far off.
 
User avatar
ThrottleHold
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:00 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:46 pm

Miami.
And only 1 new 330 next year.
 
Callbell
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:52 pm

Heard 1 A330 too. EI have to make a business case for each addition to the fleet under IAG.
 
Eirules
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:17 am

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:26 pm

1 new A330 may still indicate more than one route. I don't see MIA being launched as daily, I could see maybe 4 weekly initially which would allow another route 3 weekly at least, assuming schedule for this summer remains as is...
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....
 
JAmie2k9
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:56 pm

Must say the site is 100 times better now, I think the brightness was the biggest problem.  

Greatly improved now.

As for EI 1 aircraft sounds realistic as it's still a net gain of 3 A330 which is significant for any carrier. 
 
EI121
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:04 pm

Eirules wrote:
1 new A330 may still indicate more than one route. I don't see MIA being launched as daily, I could see maybe 4 weekly initially which would allow another route 3 weekly at least, assuming schedule for this summer remains as is...

I would assume the new A333 would replace the A332 on the SFO route. Would be interesting if YYZ would be upgraded to an A332. Possibly we could see a x4 MIA and a x3 DFW or vice versa. 

Amazing what a bit of colour could do! Hopefully the Irish Thread will pick up again, not sure if anyone else felt that the number of posts decreased significantly since the new site was launched. 
Last edited by EI121 on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23575
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:05 pm

Thank god sense prevailed and we are now back to something easy to read.


Dublin Airport renews offer to buy houses for runway plan

DAA seeks lifting of planning conditions that limit night flights on second runway
Dublin Airport Authority (DAA) will this month renew its offer to buy 40 houses in the path of noise generated by a second planned runway.

The authority has now begun the process of attempting to have two conditions that are attached to planning for the project lifted. These relate to the number of night flights, on which there is currently no restriction.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/tran ... -1.2717406
 
JAmie2k9
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:10 pm

EI121 wrote:
Eirules wrote:
1 new A330 may still indicate more than one route. I don't see MIA being launched as daily, I could see maybe 4 weekly initially which would allow another route 3 weekly at least, assuming schedule for this summer remains as is...

I would assume the new A333 would replace the A332 on the SFO route. Would be interesting if YYZ would be upgraded to an A332. Possibly we could see a x4 MIA and a x3 DFW or vice versa. 

Amazing what a bit of colour could do! Hopefully the Irish Thread will pick up again, not sure if anyone else felt that the number of posts decreased significantly since the new site was launched. 


YYZ upgrade is penciled in and SFO will by in large move to A333 ops but there will be the odd A332
 
321neo
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:31 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
YYZ upgrade is penciled in


YYZ is already bookable as operated by an A330-200 from March 29th 2017, but with the B757 still operating on some occasions.

EI appears to have added a High Contrast setting to it's website, which makes the booking experience a little easier on the eyes!

The reintroduction of the blue A.net colourscheme is a welcome revision, however there still seems to be a lot of empty space on ones screen, and consequently a lot of scrolling is required!
 
JAmie2k9
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:04 am

321neo wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
YYZ upgrade is penciled in


YYZ is already bookable as operated by an A330-200 from March 29th 2017, but with the B757 still operating on some occasions.

EI appears to have added a High Contrast setting to it's website, which makes the booking experience a little easier on the eyes!

The reintroduction of the blue A.net colourscheme is a welcome revision, however there still seems to be a lot of empty space on ones screen, and consequently a lot of scrolling is required!


Should be fully A330 once fully updated.
 
User avatar
757usairways
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:11 am

I'll be shocked if they aren't PHL and MIA
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23575
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:11 am

Re : YYZ it is already showing in the GDS systems as all A330 with Tues/Thurs/Sun showing as A330 operated by ASL Airlines.
 
stratocruiser
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:41 am

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:55 am

[/quote] I would assume the new A333 would replace the A332 on the SFO route. [/quote]

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but does the runway length required for a fully loaded A333 prevent it operating to SFO from Dublin's existing R/W 10/28?
 
User avatar
ThrottleHold
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:00 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:08 am

OA260 wrote:
Re : YYZ it is already showing in the GDS systems as all A330 with Tues/Thurs/Sun showing as A330 operated by ASL Airlines.


Just to clarify, it's showing an "A330 Operated By ASL Airlines"? I looked on the EI site and it shows some days 757 by ASL and other days A330 by Aer Lingus.
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23575
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:30 am

Yes I think that is a glitch though and will be updated. All loaded as A330 (332) operated though.
 
JAmie2k9
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:33 am

stratocruiser wrote:
I would assume the new A333 would replace the A332 on the SFO route. [/quote]

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but does the runway length required for a fully loaded A333 prevent it operating to SFO from Dublin's existing R/W 10/28?[/quote]

The A333 issue to SFO was the old Airbus model and the runway at DUB, most of EI's are the new model and the A333's have already operated SFO during J refits.
 
JAmie2k9
Posts: 1879
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:45 am

Most important bit of the link:
Aer Lingus chief executive Stephen Kavanagh also said he would be making an announcement within the coming weeks concerning the carrier's transatlantic network.

He also said talks between Aer Lingus and rival Ryanair about the latter feeding into Aer Lingus' long haul network should also come to a conclusion in the coming weeks.

Mr Kavanagh was speaking at an event in Dublin Airport to mark the carrier securing four stars from Skytrax, which rates airports and airlines in terms of quality and service.

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 74770.html
 
Eirules
Posts: 1867
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:17 am

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:12 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
Most important bit of the link:
Aer Lingus chief executive Stephen Kavanagh also said he would be making an announcement within the coming weeks concerning the carrier's transatlantic network.

He also said talks between Aer Lingus and rival Ryanair about the latter feeding into Aer Lingus' long haul network should also come to a conclusion in the coming weeks.

Mr Kavanagh was speaking at an event in Dublin Airport to mark the carrier securing four stars from Skytrax, which rates airports and airlines in terms of quality and service.

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 74770.html



Would I be wrong to assume that FR feeding EI flights will come from routes not currently operated by EI such as LTN or STN as opposed to those where Aer Lingus are already in situ such as LGW or MAN? Will this be passed by the competition authorities?
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos