OA260

Re: Irish 9/16: Let's go fly a kite ...

Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:20 pm

Eirules wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
Most important bit of the link:
Aer Lingus chief executive Stephen Kavanagh also said he would be making an announcement within the coming weeks concerning the carrier's transatlantic network.

He also said talks between Aer Lingus and rival Ryanair about the latter feeding into Aer Lingus' long haul network should also come to a conclusion in the coming weeks.

Mr Kavanagh was speaking at an event in Dublin Airport to mark the carrier securing four stars from Skytrax, which rates airports and airlines in terms of quality and service.

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 74770.html

Would I be wrong to assume that FR feeding EI flights will come from routes not currently operated by EI such as LTN or STN as opposed to those where Aer Lingus are already in situ such as LGW or MAN? Will this be passed by the competition authorities?

I would not assume that as they are not reported to be codeshares just the ability to book passengers on through tickets. Any airline can set up interline agreements even on routes they both fly. Of course anything is possible and maybe EI will want to limit it to routes that it does not fly themselves but I do not see any competition issues.

JAmie2k9

Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:48 pm

Eirules wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
Most important bit of the link:
Aer Lingus chief executive Stephen Kavanagh also said he would be making an announcement within the coming weeks concerning the carrier's transatlantic network.

He also said talks between Aer Lingus and rival Ryanair about the latter feeding into Aer Lingus' long haul network should also come to a conclusion in the coming weeks.

Mr Kavanagh was speaking at an event in Dublin Airport to mark the carrier securing four stars from Skytrax, which rates airports and airlines in terms of quality and service.

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 74770.html

Would I be wrong to assume that FR feeding EI flights will come from routes not currently operated by EI such as LTN or STN as opposed to those where Aer Lingus are already in situ such as LGW or MAN? Will this be passed by the competition authorities?

If EI had any sense that would be how it would work but I can't help but feel FR feeding EI will come back to bite EI in the future.

OA260

Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:02 pm

A new bus route has come into effect in Dublin which will make travelling to the airport very easy and fast.

Dublin Bus launched a new Airlink route serving the south side of the city which will help to get people to Dublin Airport quickly.

The new 757 route is the most direct route, which travels through the Port Tunnel, and serves busy tourist, business and residential areas including St Stephens Green, Merrion Square, the Docklands (Silicon Dock) and the IFSC.

Responding to increased customer demand for Airlink services, it is expected the route will carry 400,000 customer journeys each year.

Airlink now offers customers two routes between Dublin City and Dublin Airport and excellent value for money with adult single tickets costing €6 or €10 return.

The buses on the new route begin at 5am and run through to 12.15am.

For information on stops and to view a timetable visit www.dublinbus.ie.

VFRonTop

Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:33 pm

I've just noticed that Aer Lingus are advertising their DUB-LON routes as "Aer Bridge". Is this recent or have I just not seen it?
http://www.aerlingus.com/cheap-flights/aerbridge/
The headline is 'Seamless commuting'
'Dublin meets London when you bridge the gap with Aer Bridge - your seamless commute with up to 18 flights a day between Dublin's Terminal 2 and Heathrow's Terminal 2 and Gatwick. Smart flies Aer Bridge'

I like the idea, but I expect this is just some fancy marketing and not anything more. I'd love it they actually treated it like a shuttle service or the Iberia Puente Aéreo (Air Bridge) service between MAD and BCN which means you just buy a generic ticket and can fly on the next available seat, just show up 20mins before departure, no need to change bookings or call up. I expect they could also bring the BA flights into this taking the number up to ~26 flights a day.

RRTrent

Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:40 pm

VFRonTop wrote:
I expect they could also bring the BA flights into this taking the number up to ~26 flights a day.

We'll there is precedence for this as BA already have a similar operation in JFK for business customers where you can just turn up an hour before a flight and take a seat if available.

RRTrent

Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:52 pm

as we have hit the 200 mark, Kaitak has created Irish 10/16. Link below:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1337675

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos