The line of stored 787s on runway 11/29 that has been a staple of Paine Field for the last 5+ years (and an embarrassing reminder of how incompetent Boeing management was during the early years of the 787 program) has finally been expunged. All the terrible teens are at least being reworked. It's quite an occasion and I think worthy of some acknowledgment!
Out of the 11 787s classified as terrible teens (which included line 22 because it was overweight, unfinished, rejected by original the customer, and stored for years like the rest of them):
- 1 is delivered and in passenger service (line 22)
- 1 is delivered to VIP outfitting (line 11)
- 1 is awaiting customer acceptance flights and delivery (line 12)
- 1 is in paint in Victorville (line 14)
- 1 is preparing for first flight (line 13)
- 6 are in various stages of rework (lines 10, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19)