Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

RoshiniD
Topic Author

Questions about crew rest areas

Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:31 pm

Hi im new to this forum. I'm hoping to join aviation college in Sri Lanka.
Before joining im searching about the life of an cabin crew member.

How do they manage while long flights? Sleep food?
I found some article says there is a hidden room for cabin crew members to sleep.
http://www.wonderdiscovery.com/secret-airplane-bedroom-flight-attendants-sleep/

Is that true?

If cabin crew can sleep? Who will work? :)

Can anyone briefly explain this
Last edited by SQ22 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread title modified

sunrisevalley

Re: The Secret Airplane Bedroom Where Flight Attendants Sleep

Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:19 pm

[quote="RoshiniD"]I found some article says there is a hidden room for cabin crew members to sleep.

Most long haul (10hrs +)aircraft have crew rest areas above the cabin , one in the front and one in the rear. There is nothing "secret" about them , certainly they are not obvious because of where they are located. The crew takes turns to use them , probably one pilot and three or four cabin crew at a time.

enilria

Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:34 pm

I would say that being a flight attendant crewmember is very hard work. It's a lot of hours, and if you work for an airline with these sorts of rest areas you will be flying very long distances which is very hard on the human body. If you are someone who is prone to being sick then it probably would not be a compatible life as the rigors of it are tough on the immune system. Being a pilot is somewhat better, plus the pay is massively better.

Aviation is a wonderful industry, though, and meeting people and traveling is a wonderful experience as long as you enjoy it from your heart and not just your pocketbook.

If you have the option in your education, you might consider working in the headquarters staff of an airline in crew planning, or revenue management, or one of the other support areas that allows you to have travel benefits, but is a little easier lifestyle.

RoshiniD
Topic Author

Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Thanks for the answer. Is it true that the pilot and co-pilot are required to eat different meals? Is this also applicable for the cabin crew also?

longhauler

Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:19 pm

Maybe I am biased, but I can think of no better way to earn a living. :mrgreen:

Air Crew health and well being is something that is carefully controlled at airlines. Not just medical health via yearly or bi-yearly checkups, but also things like fatigue, meals, hotel quality ... one would be surprised.

In answer to a few of your questions ...

Cabin crew meals are usually identical to pilot meals, but the restriction of eating the same meal is not required. While less of an "emgergency" should they all fall ill, also it would be a logistics nightmare to keep 15-20 meals separate and different.

Crew rest facilities exist in most long range aircraft. Pilot facilities are usually separate ... above the cabin in the nose, for two at a time, with two separate bunks, two seats and a lav ... with Flight Attandant facilites above (or below in some aircraft) the cabin with bunks for around 6.

Rest periods are scheduled on a rotational basis so that there is never less than minimum crew, for both Pilots and F/As on duty at any one time.

Fatigue is something that is well watched, and it goes to more levels than just on board crew rest. Committees also watch the quality of hotels, the length and quality of crew rest, circadium rhythms within a duty period, duty cycle and duty month, etc. It is not as haphasard as some think.

I see you are going to attend College. If you have the opportunity, consider being a pilot as well. I know in some countries and some cultures, female pilots are still a rarity so often not a consideration.

Good luck.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

Dalmd88

Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:34 pm

Some long haul aircraft have pods in the aft baggage hold that are for cabin crew rest. There is a door in the aft galley that leads down into the pod. I think ours have six bunks. The spare flight crew member uses a first class seat on the 767 and I think the A330. Our 777 have the overhead rest areas. The 777 has a lot more room above the cabin than the 767.

afterburner

Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:48 pm

RoshiniD wrote:
Is it true that the pilot and co-pilot are required to eat different meals? Is this also applicable for the cabin crew also?

It's a common practice for airlines to avoid both the pilot and the co-pilot becoming ill from eating the same meals that have been poisoned (intentionally or unintentionally) or just being rotten.

reltney

Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:00 pm

Everyone's is different.
As a pilot, I find the "bunks" too small. I am 5'6" and never was claustrophobic until I had to use the crew(pilot rest facilities ) on a long haul 767 flight. Never again! I just forfeited my rest or grab a seat in back if open. Our airline usually has a first class seat in the 767 for average long haul. Longer flights we have a bunk. No thanks. I moved th the 747 and that bunk is tollarable for pilot rest. Flight attendants have bigger rest facilities and have been reported to be" fun" .

It is a great career. Lots of ups and few downs. It's what you make of it. Non crewmwmbers don't understand how we are paid or any aspect of being a crew member and their opinion doesn't matter.
I am a pilot and envy no one.
Knives don't kill people. People with knives kill people.
OUTLAW KNIVES.

I am a pilot, therefore I envy no one...

Tristarsteve

Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:26 pm

Lots of ups and few downs.

I would hope the ups and downs balance each other out :mrgreen:

reffado

Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:35 pm

I don't know how common this is, but I remember on RG aircraft they had some seats curtained off for crew rest, because the aircraft did not have a proper crew rest pod.

mafaky

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:40 am

Regarding currently flying passenger widebodies, with the exception of b744, b748, b763 & b764 and also neglecting few a310s still being used:

1) b777 versions (up from -200) and all b787s have separate crew rest areas for the cockpit crews and F/As. Same case for the brand new a350WXB. AFAIK, these are located in the upper part (ceiling side) of the fuselage.
3) now, a343/346, a332 & a333s have a different practice: In the cargo bay, one LDE container is disposed and its volume is used as a crew rest cabin, utilising a specially designed and built module in the physical shape of the cargo container... This is an optional hardware, manufactured by third parties (not by Airbus). Airlines using these models for shorter routes do not use these. The airline may purchase factory fresh planes with this cabin or without. It is practical to remove or install it; takes around 90 minutes. But I'm not very sure if these modules are used for the entire crew or only by the F/As. I have flown many Y flights, and maybe more J flights with QR on DOH-SIN & DOH-HKG routes. For HKG they used a332s, for SIN b777s. On every one of my HKG J flights, I witnessed either the Captain or the F/O, to come out of the cockpit (around mid-time of the flight), grab an empty seat in the J cabin (usually there's always one empty...); relax there for 3-4 hrs. and sometimes eat something and then go back into the cabin. But a second cockpit crew, never came out during the rest of the flight... I'm not sure if those flights were carrying 2, 3 or 4 cockpit crews...
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

jfklganyc

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

This is where aviation babies come from... :)

EWRCabincrew

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:26 pm

Secret bedroom? I would love to work for an airline that has a secret bedroom. My airline has cramped quarters that allows us to rest/sleep on long haul flights. The mystique quickly disappears when your fellow crew member is farting (and the smell is on par with sewage), snoring, keeping their light on, restless and making noise, etc..

I'm grateful for the place to go to "get away from it all" and actually rest.

Bedroom? Anything, but. :D
You can't cure stupid

4holer

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:21 pm

In the era of resurgent bedbugs, the farts wouldn't even be my biggest fear!
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

DTWPurserBoy

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:33 pm

The 744 and 777 are located above the cabin and are locked off to keep passengers out. The A330 has a lower lobe module which is claustrophobic and you hear the slamming of the lav doors while you are trying to sleep. The 763ER has them below the rear galley for the f/a's (you could kill yourself getting in and out of it!) and a BC seat curtained off for the pilot off duty. We have an overhead bin in which we lock their blankets and pillows because time has show us that passengers tend to snitch them.

Pilots cannot have the same entrée or set up. Two to four different ones are boarded and (naturally) the captains choose first although very often I hear "I don't care, you choose" being said to the first officer. The only problem with feeding the cockpit crew is that they all tend to want to eat at different times so it takes a little organization and a LOT of good memory to keep them straight. Woe betide the purser who did like a friend of mine. When she was one entrée choice short she fed the passenger the captain's meal. I think she is still bleeding from the ears from the chewing out she got.AS
Qualified on Concorde/B707/B720/B727/B737/B747/B757/B767/B777/DC-8/DC-9/DC-10/A319/A320/A330/MD-88-90

Manushi

Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:52 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
This is where aviation babies come from... :)

Haha that's funny lol

777PHX

Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:41 pm

reltney wrote:
Everyone's is different.
As a pilot, I find the "bunks" too small. I am 5'6" and never was claustrophobic until I had to use the crew(pilot rest facilities ) on a long haul 767 flight. Never again! I just forfeited my rest or grab a seat in back if open. Our airline usually has a first class seat in the 767 for average long haul. Longer flights we have a bunk. No thanks. I moved th the 747 and that bunk is tollarable for pilot rest. Flight attendants have bigger rest facilities and have been reported to be" fun" .

It is a great career. Lots of ups and few downs. It's what you make of it. Non crewmwmbers don't understand how we are paid or any aspect of being a crew member and their opinion doesn't matter.

You're a pilot and envy no one, yet you can barely string a sentence together.

I'm a pilot too and guys like you give the rest of us a bad name. C'mon man, get over yourself.

reltney

Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:15 pm

Well, you caught me. I graduated with a C- from high school English and they were being nice to me.

Now...
Get over yourself ha! Your 777PHX, I bet your plates on your car have av8r and a "rather be flying" frame.

I truly envy no one who doesn't achieve a goal set by wants and desires in this day. I at least made something of myself.

You make this website useless as you are critical to anything that upsets your goals instead of going out and achieving them.. Good humor and fun are projected and ground pounders with PPLs like you, slam, flame, critique and add insults to achieve what you could not in life.

I use to write as a contributing editor for 2 aviation magazines because I have been successful in bumping up my writing skills to make up for reading aviation magazines in school. Was not the class English geek no doubt. I write bullet statements to make communication simple as other than US English speakers read this forum. Hold over from military writing. I fly on the average 20 young eagles a year and just had a copilot who I gave his first young eagle ride 8 years ago.

I apologize if I insult you by being positive but, I achieved lots and want others to have a positive attitude and let nothing stand in their way.

Apply yourself and you can do what ever you want in life instead of being critical of others who "do instead of watch".

I apologize to others if my first post in this thread many months ago insulted as it was meant to be fun.

Cheers and flame away flamers.

No more responses from me.
Knives don't kill people. People with knives kill people.
OUTLAW KNIVES.

I am a pilot, therefore I envy no one...

coolian2

Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:20 pm

That's a quality take-down. I kinda wish you'd kept going for a bit longer.

I am being serious.
Q300/ATR72-600/737-200/-300/-400/-700/-800/A320/767-200/-300/757-200/777-300ER/
747-200/-300/-400/ER/A340-300/A380-800/MD-83/-88/CRJ-700/-900

Viscount724

Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:56 pm

longhauler wrote:

Air Crew health and well being is something that is carefully controlled at airlines. Not just medical health via yearly or bi-yearly checkups, but also things like fatigue, meals, hotel quality ... one would be surprised.

Cabin crew meals are usually identical to pilot meals, but the restriction of eating the same meal is not required. While less of an "emgergency" should they all fall ill, also it would be a logistics nightmare to keep 15-20 meals separate and different.

Crew rest facilities exist in most long range aircraft. Pilot facilities are usually separate ... above the cabin in the nose, for two at a time, with two separate bunks, two seats and a lav ... with Flight Attandant facilites above (or below in some aircraft) the cabin with bunks for around 6.

Rest periods are scheduled on a rotational basis so that there is never less than minimum crew, for both Pilots and F/As on duty at any one time.

Fatigue is something that is well watched, and it goes to more levels than just on board crew rest. Committees also watch the quality of hotels, the length and quality of crew rest, circadium rhythms within a duty period, duty cycle and duty month, etc. It is not as haphasard as some think.

I see you are going to attend College. If you have the opportunity, consider being a pilot as well. I know in some countries and some cultures, female pilots are still a rarity so often not a consideration.

Good luck.

Not sure what you did in your reply, but the black text on blue background is very hard to read.

SomebodyInTLS

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:57 am

Viscount724 wrote:
longhauler wrote:
Maybe I am biased[...]

Not sure what you did in your reply, but the black text on blue background is very hard to read.

It's a hangover from grey-on-white awfulness of the rebooted forums a couple of months ago... People where trying tricks such as manually formatting their replies so that they could actually be read.
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."

Manushi

Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:00 am

Viscount724 wrote:
longhauler wrote:

Good luck.

True

BobPatterson

Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:26 am

Viscount724 wrote:

Drag your cursor over the black text and it will change to easy-to-read white text on bright blue background.

Cheers,
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

OB1504

Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:32 am

777PHX wrote:
reltney wrote:
Everyone's is different.

You're a pilot and envy no one, yet you can barely string a sentence together.

I'm a pilot too and guys like you give the rest of us a bad name. C'mon man, get over yourself.

I am also a pilot (albeit not professionally) and I fail to see both any poor sentence construction or what may reflect poorly on the profession. He seems happy with and proud of his career. If anything, we need more people with this attitude in the industry. Too many bitter and angry people here already.

Cadet985

Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:58 am

DTWPurserBoy wrote:
The 744 and 777 are located above the cabin and are locked off to keep passengers out. The A330 has a lower lobe module which is claustrophobic and you hear the slamming of the lav doors while you are trying to sleep. The 763ER has them below the rear galley for the f/a's (you could kill yourself getting in and out of it!) and a BC seat curtained off for the pilot off duty. We have an overhead bin in which we lock their blankets and pillows because time has show us that passengers tend to snitch them.

Pilots cannot have the same entrée or set up. Two to four different ones are boarded and (naturally) the captains choose first although very often I hear "I don't care, you choose" being said to the first officer. The only problem with feeding the cockpit crew is that they all tend to want to eat at different times so it takes a little organization and a LOT of good memory to keep them straight. Woe betide the purser who did like a friend of mine. When she was one entrée choice short she fed the passenger the captain's meal. I think she is still bleeding from the ears from the chewing out she got.AS

I've been told that this differs from airline to airline. For example...if I'm a F/O, and am allergic to seafood, I'm not going to be forced to eat that just because the captain wanted the chicken or other meat option. I've also been told that passengers get first crack at choices, and crew gets a choice of whatever is left over. A flight attendant also once told me that some extra light food (usually turkey sandwiches or something) is carried on long flights for people who get hungry, or have to take medicine or have a health condition. I was on a flight to TLV...I forget whether it was DL or UA, but I felt my blood sugar dropping, and the FA brought me some turkey sandwiches.

But back to the topic at hand, I know a flight attendant who is on the tall side, and she HATES the rest areas on some of the planes she is on. She's about 5'8" (173 cm). On LY, I've seen some male and female F/A's that were closer to the 6' mark, and I have no idea how they slept even somewhat well. I'm 5'7' and sometimes take up most of a king size bed trying to get comfortable. I would guess that someone who served on submarines might be a great flight attendant...the sleeping quarters are nearly identical.

Marc

AirlineCritic

Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:16 am

Cadet985 wrote:
I would guess that someone who served on submarines might be a great flight attendant...the sleeping quarters are nearly identical.

Heh, funny :-)

But I have a serious question. Is there a warm bed policy, or do you get your own bed, bed clothes set up by the ground crew?

cougar15

Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:17 am

AirlineCritic wrote:

Heh, funny :-)

But I have a serious question. Is there a warm bed policy, or do you get your own bed, bed clothes set up by the ground crew?

I can only speak for crew rests on freighters (777F and 744F) , on those the ´bedding´ was provided on each landing by the same ground crew that bring you the catering. Pillows, blankets etc are delivered in clear sterile plastic bags. It´s a bit of a waste of money actually if you are only operating 6 or 7 hour sectors with 2 crew, meaning the crew rest is not used, but it is changed/resupplied on each landing when the AC is serviced. Crew rests on these freighters are really only used on longer sectors where cruise relief pilots are on board (EU-SIN for example at 12 odd hrs). On our 777´s its usually the jumpseaters flying along on company business that use the bunks.
some you lose, others you can´t win!

AviatorZA

Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:52 am

As former cabin crew, the rule followed was one a flight of ten hours plus you got one hour sleep four every five hours flown
So Jnb to LHR , it was two hour sleep, 6 crew sleep at a time on The 747, on the classic jumbos we slept in a pod in the tail
Dc 10 and Tristar crew tests were in the belly below door two , with a lift to take you down there

777PHX

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:21 pm

reltney wrote:
Well, you caught me. I graduated with a C- from high school English and they were being nice to me.

Now...
Get over yourself ha! Your 777PHX, I bet your plates on your car have av8r and a "rather be flying" frame.

Nope. I'm not pretentious enough to think people actually care what I do for a living, while I'm driving my car around.

I truly envy no one who doesn't achieve a goal set by wants and desires in this day. I at least made something of myself.

You make this website useless as you are critical to anything that upsets your goals instead of going out and achieving them.. Good humor and fun are projected and ground pounders with PPLs like you, slam, flame, critique and add insults to achieve what you could not in life.

Yet you're the apparently 40+ year old person here that's bragging to a bunch of kids about how bad ass of a pilot you are in some vain attempt to impress them. I'm not the insecure one here, you are.

I use to write as a contributing editor for 2 aviation magazines because I have been successful in bumping up my writing skills to make up for reading aviation magazines in school. Was not the class English geek no doubt. I write bullet statements to make communication simple as other than US English speakers read this forum. Hold over from military writing. I fly on the average 20 young eagles a year and just had a copilot who I gave his first young eagle ride 8 years ago.

Oh dear, tell me you're not Les Abend? You sure have the same pompous, egotisical attitude he does.

I apologize if I insult you by being positive but, I achieved lots and want others to have a positive attitude and let nothing stand in their way.

There's a difference between being positive and just sounding like a narcissistic douche. You're the latter, not the former.

777PHX

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:23 pm

coolian2 wrote:
That's a quality take-down. I kinda wish you'd kept going for a bit longer.

I am being serious.

Go google what a "reltney" is if you're so impressed by him.....

DTWPurserBoy

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:23 pm

Seafood is generally not an option for the pilots although occasionally one will make a quiet request. I have looked at this food for nearly 40 years and none of it appeals to me. I usually pick at a salad or leftover fruit and cheese. I eat when I get to the hotel or at home.

The bunks are not great for serious rest. I had to laugh at the fart comment--it does happen. The first crew on rest will go to the bunks, make up their bed with paper sheets and pillow cases and a clean blanket (a relatively recent change. Blankets used to ride around for months before they were cleaned). Then when you are ready to sleep you chuck off your uniform, try to hang it up neatly and crawl into your favorite sleep attire. For many of the ladies it is a granny nightgown or pajamas. For us guys it usually underwear. I have a well-worn pair of scrub pants that I slip on. And yes, we are all men and women together up there but there is no fooling around because there are about six other people up there in very close quarters and we all smell about the same at that point in the flight. When you awaken, you strip your bed, put the dirty sheets and cases in a plastic bag and put 2 cleans sheets, a pillow case and a clean blanket on the bunk for the next group. By the time we get downstairs (or up) they are ready for bed and have made a couple of pots of fresh coffee for us to help acclimate while we do a quick "refresh" in a lavatory.

Even if you don't sleep it is nice just to stretch out for a while away from the bustle of the cabin.
Qualified on Concorde/B707/B720/B727/B737/B747/B757/B767/B777/DC-8/DC-9/DC-10/A319/A320/A330/MD-88-90

CANPILOT

Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:13 am

In general, the crew rest area for flight crew tends to be nicer and quieter than the one for cabin crew. This is probably because it has greater regulatory requirements.

These are the requirements for Canadian carriers:
https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/ ... 0-2153.htm

"flight relief facility - seat" - means a comfortable, fully reclining seat, separated and screened from the passengers and flight deck, equipped with a call device, sleep restraint, portable oxygen, and not subject to distraction from noise generated in the cabin. (poste de repos - siège)

"flight relief facility - bunk" - means a bunk that meets the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Aerospace Recommended Practice (ARP) 4101/3, Crew Rest Facilities, used in conjunction with ARP 4101, Flight Deck Layout and Facilities. (poste de repos - couchette)

(3) Where a flight crew is augmented by the addition of at least one flight crew member, the division of duty and rest is balanced between the flight crew members and a flight relief facility is provided, flight duty time may be extended if:
(a) where a flight relief facility - seat is provided, the flight duty time may be extended to 17 consecutive hours, in which case the maximum flight deck duty time for any flight crew member shall be 12 hours;
(b) where a flight relief facility - bunk is provided, the flight duty time may be extended to 20 consecutive hours, in which case the maximum flight deck duty time for any flight crew member shall be 14 hours;
(c) the subsequent minimum rest period shall be at least equal to the length of the preceding flight duty time; and
(d) a maximum of 3 sectors may be completed.

Since, most modern wide-body aircraft are capable of doing flights greater than 17 consecutive hours, they are almost always fitted both a flight relief seat (sometimes two seats) and two bunks, usually located above the first/business class section (in the 787, A350, etc.) or in between flight deck and cabin, on the same level (in the A380 and 747).

Does anyone have the exact FAA or TC regulations and requirements for cabin crew relief bunks? I don't think I have ever seen relief seats for cabin crew, but I would be interested to know if any aircraft/airline offers them?

reggiet

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:24 am

Thanks 777PHX for the reality check to (Capt we presume) reltney's post of hubris. So true that a few God-complexed pilots ruin the rep for you good guys. My girlfriend is an Atlanta based Delta FA and is the A position when she flies, running the plane with the Capt each flight (as you in-flight guys/gals already know). Sharp but humble flight deck folks like yourself are at times far and few between in the business. Gracias senor.

Reggie Tait
Delta ramp AUS
Austin Fire Dept Driver-Engineer/19 years
Reggie in Austin

Manushi

Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:36 pm

reggiet wrote:
Thanks 777PHX for the reality check to (Capt we presume) reltney's post of hubris. So true that a few God-complexed pilots ruin the rep for you good guys. My girlfriend is an Atlanta based Delta FA and is the A position when she flies, running the plane with the Capt each flight (as you in-flight guys/gals already know). Sharp but humble flight deck folks like yourself are at times far and few between in the business. Gracias senor.

Reggie Tait
Delta ramp AUS
Austin Fire Dept Driver-Engineer/19 years

Nice explanation

Manushi

Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:02 am

DTWPurserBoy wrote:
Seafood is generally not an option for the pilots although occasionally one will make a quiet request. I have looked at this food for nearly 40 years and none of it appeals to me. I usually pick at a salad or leftover fruit and cheese. I eat when I get to the hotel or at home.

The bunks are not great for serious rest. I had to laugh at the fart comment--it does happen. The first crew on rest will go to the bunks, make up their bed with paper sheets and pillow cases and a clean blanket (a relatively recent change. Blankets used to ride around for months before they were cleaned). Then when you are ready to sleep you chuck off your uniform, try to hang it up neatly and crawl into your favorite sleep attire. For many of the ladies it is a granny nightgown or pajamas. For us guys it usually underwear. I have a well-worn pair of scrub pants that I slip on. And yes, we are all men and women together up there but there is no fooling around because there are about six other people up there in very close quarters and we all smell about the same at that point in the flight. When you awaken, you strip your bed, put the dirty sheets and cases in a plastic bag and put 2 cleans sheets, a pillow case and a clean blanket on the bunk for the next group. By the time we get downstairs (or up) they are ready for bed and have made a couple of pots of fresh coffee for us to help acclimate while we do a quick "refresh" in a lavatory.

Even if you don't sleep it is nice just to stretch out for a while away from the bustle of the cabin.

:)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos