Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
 
n471wn
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:23 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:57 am

SXDFC wrote:
I highly doubt the Herb Kelleher-700 replacement will be a 7MAX.. IMHO it will be one of the N9** birds that have yet to be repainted. Not sure what the routes are going to be for the 7MAX, but I’d imagine the 700s will still fly a majority of the routes in the WN system.

I also heard of some of the -700 replacements being some of the former airTran planes?

Kinda wondering if we will see a new specialty plane this year?


Not sure what you mean by the Air Tran comment. These a/c are already in the 513 700’s and cannot therefore replace what they are already a part of
 
SXDFC
Posts: 2040
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:44 am

I meant to say retirements not replacements.. woops.
 
N383SW
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:28 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:40 am

SXDFC wrote:
I meant to say retirements not replacements.. woops.


The former FL -700’s are overall newer than the N700 and lower N400 tail numbers although some of the former FL planes are leased so maybe the leases are coming up?
 
qfatwa
Topic Author
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 1999 5:39 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:59 pm

N200WN and N201LV in Heart livery.
 
User avatar
william
Posts: 3334
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 1999 1:31 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:36 pm

How is the darker blue livery holding up or has the UV rays started taking their toll?
 
qfatwa
Topic Author
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 1999 5:39 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:42 am

With the MAX grounding, the paintbrush has likely been put away.

N203WN added - possibly N202WN AND N204WN might have been done - seems to be starting at the beginning!!

In Summary, 510 of 754 known to be painted.
UNPAINTED = 244 .. Remaining groups by tail number:
200s - 91 of 100.
400s - 25 of 99
500s - 6 of 21
700s - 28 of 96
900s - 14 of 69
77xxs - 30 of 52
78xxs - 5 of 86
86xxs - 45 of 99 [includes N500WR]

As always, any updates / corrections valued.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
 
qfatwa
Topic Author
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 1999 5:39 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:51 pm

Recently reported in the Southwest thread that painting has been ongoing, mainly one line.

Added to those painted are N496WN and N957WN. Any further updates over the past 6 months?

About 20 of the N77xx group are going to United - the first was an old lvery aircraft N7714B and one other old livery, N7703A will also leave.
 
qfatwa
Topic Author
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 1999 5:39 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:40 am

Also seen on photographs as repainted:
N210WN
N223WN
N473WN
N480WN
N482WN
N483WN
N484WN
N485WN
N486WN
N498WN
N785SW

N8604K

N554WN

So a total of 15 more now noted.
 
User avatar
Veigar
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:28 am

qfatwa wrote:
Recently reported in the Southwest thread that painting has been ongoing, mainly one line.

Added to those painted are N496WN and N957WN. Any further updates over the past 6 months?

About 20 of the N77xx group are going to United - the first was an old lvery aircraft N7714B and one other old livery, N7703A will also leave.


Huh... is WN downsizing their fleet? Seems like an extremely weird time to do that.
 
mga707
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:52 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:17 am

Veigar wrote:
qfatwa wrote:
Recently reported in the Southwest thread that painting has been ongoing, mainly one line.

Added to those painted are N496WN and N957WN. Any further updates over the past 6 months?

About 20 of the N77xx group are going to United - the first was an old lvery aircraft N7714B and one other old livery, N7703A will also leave.


Huh... is WN downsizing their fleet? Seems like an extremely weird time to do that.


Leases are up.
 
KDAL
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:40 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:57 am

These should have been painted earlier this month, as well.
N212WN
N219WN
N499WN
N962WN

N202WN and N7719A are currently down for paint.

Expect the following to be done by the end of the year:
N206WN
N209WN
N221WN
N222WN
N227WN
N449WN
N968WN

That list obviously could change depending on unscheduled MX or whatnot, but those are the tails scheduled through the end of the year.

qfatwa wrote:
Recently reported in the Southwest thread that painting has been ongoing, mainly one line.

Added to those painted are N496WN and N957WN. Any further updates over the past 6 months?

About 20 of the N77xx group are going to United - the first was an old lvery aircraft N7714B and one other old livery, N7703A will also leave.


Yes, they've been going on all year. It's unclear whether they were only running one line due to the MAX groundings or just due to the vendor having a full schedule. During the same time period that we weren't painting at VCV, Alaska was hurrying the rest of their Airbus fleet through VCV for repaints.

Not sure if there's actually 20 lease returns happening, however. I heard something like 12. Admittedly, I could be wrong on that number.

Veigar wrote:
Huh... is WN downsizing their fleet? Seems like an extremely weird time to do that.


Some are lease returns. The majority that are retiring, however, were just coming up on D checks that they had too many hours/cycles to justify. Some are being resold (not sure to who) and the rest are headed to the scrapper.

Unfortunate timing due to the groundings. But these decisions were made long before the grounding happened, I'm sure. Fleet transactions typically are.
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.
 
qfatwa
Topic Author
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 1999 5:39 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:17 pm

Thanks for this update.

The details I had for the aircraft moving to United came from the United fleet pages, https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfle ... t-tracking
under 3G, and at the bottom of the listings. There are 20 registrations, plus a potential [unknown 21st]. N7719A is one of those [and already in Heart] livery, so might be going in for paint into UA livery.

Ex N7714B was the first to move across - now N13755, and fleet numbers/registrations to reach xx774.

The listed aircraft to depart are:
N7703A
N7706A
N7707C
N7708E
N7709A
N7710A
N7711N
N7712G
N7716A
N7717D
N7718B
N7719A
N7722B
N7723E
N7725A
N7727A
N7729A
N7731A
N7733B

All, except N7703A, are in Heart livery.
 
justplanesmart
Posts: 735
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2001 3:25 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:50 am

Here are my contributions-

737-700
Fleet numbers 200-299
N202WN currently at Spokane (as noted above)
Also noted as repainted (either via photograph or actual sighting):
N208WN
N211WN
N212WN
Likely repainted, but not confirmed:
N204WN at Victorville mid October
N219WN at Spokane late October to early November
82 yet to be repainted

Fleet numbers 400-499
Likely repainted, but not confirmed:
N496WN at Victorville late October
N499WN at Victorvile early November
11 yet to be repainted:
N401WN
N402WN
N406WN
N408WN
N416WN
N420WN
N430WN
N432WN
N440LV
N446WN
N449WN

Fleet numbers 550-570
5 yet to be repainted:
N550WN
N551WN
N552WN
N557WN
N562WN

Fleet numbers 700-799
Also noted as repainted:
N718SW
30 yet to be repainted, but some likely to be retired instead

Fleet numbers 900-969
Likely repainted, but not confirmed:
N957WN at Spokane late October
N962WN at Victorville late October to early November
11 yet to be repainted:
N900WN
N901WN
N902WN
N903WN
N904WN
N906WN
N915WN
N960WN
N965WN
N967WN
N968WN

Fleet numbers 7701-7757
No recent activity, 30 yet to be repainted

Fleet numbers 7811-7889
No recent activity, 5 yet to be repainted:
N7811F
N7812G
N7813P
N7814B
N7815L

737-800
Fleet numbers 8600-8699 (including N500WR)
43 yet to be repainted:
Fleet numbers 8605-8635, 500, 8637-8641, and 8646-8651
"So many planes; so little time..."
 
qfatwa
Topic Author
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 1999 5:39 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:38 am

Thanks Justplanesmart - a great summary and update. Much appreciated.
 
KDAL
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:40 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:26 am

qfatwa wrote:
Thanks for this update.

The details I had for the aircraft moving to United came from the United fleet pages, https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfle ... t-tracking
under 3G, and at the bottom of the listings. There are 20 registrations, plus a potential [unknown 21st]. N7719A is one of those [and already in Heart] livery, so might be going in for paint into UA livery.

Ex N7714B was the first to move across - now N13755, and fleet numbers/registrations to reach xx774.

The listed aircraft to depart are:
N7703A
N7706A
N7707C
N7708E
N7709A
N7710A
N7711N
N7712G
N7716A
N7717D
N7718B
N7719A
N7722B
N7723E
N7725A
N7727A
N7729A
N7731A
N7733B

All, except N7703A, are in Heart livery.


I wonder what the time frame for 7719's retirement is, then. We would not pay to put it into United colors, and it is currently at VCV for paint. United paints them after we return them to the lessor. It must have a decent amount of time left in WN colors, or else we wouldn't bother painting it.

N7703A not being in Heart livery makes sense, as it is the next to be returned to the lessor, early in December. It is also the only remaining lease return this year.
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.
 
Runway28L
Posts: 2099
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:16 am

N964WN now in Heart colors. Also has Kidd’s Kids decals on the nose and rear portion of the fuselage.
 
SXDFC
Posts: 2040
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:07 am

December 2019 Repaint List

700
******
200
201
202
203
204
205
206
207
208
210
211
212
213
215
219
220
223
224
226
271
280 * MISSOURI ONE*
400
403
404
405
407
409 *TRIPLE CROWN ONE*
410
411
412
413
414
415
417 *ROLLIN KING*
418
419
421
422
423
424
425
426
427
428
429
431
433
434
435
436
437
438
439 *DONALD OGDEN*
441
442
443 *SPIRIT OF HOPE*
444
445
447
448
450
451
452
453
454
455
456
457
458
459
461
462
463
464
465
466
467
468
469
470
472
473
474
475
476
477
478
479
480
481
482
483
484
485
486
487
488
489
490
491
493
494
495
496
497
498
499
553
554
555
556
558
559
560
561
563
564
565
566
567
568
569
701
705
708
709
710
712
713
718
720
723
724
726
728
729
730
732
734
735
736
737
739
742
743
744
745
746
747
748
750
751
752
755
757
758
763
764
765
767
768
769
770
771
773
776
777
778
779
781 *NEW MEXICO ONE*
784
785
787
788
791
792
793
794
795
796
797
798
905
907
908
909
910
912
913
914
916
917
918 *ILLINOIS ONE*
919
920
921
922 *TENNESSEE ONE*
923
924
925
926
927
928
929
930
931 *LONE STAR ONE*
932
933
934
935
936
937
938 *HEROES OF HEART*
939
940
941
942
943 *CALIFORNIA ONE*
944
945 *FLORIDA ONE*
946 *LOUISIANA ONE*
947
948
949
950
951
952
953 *SILVER ONE*
954
955 * ARIZONA ONE*
956 * JACK VIDAL*
958
959
961
962
963
964 *Kidds Kids 2019*
966
969
7705
7706
7707
7708
7709
7710
7711
7712
7716
7717
7718
7719
7720
7722
7723
7725
7727
7729
7733
7738
7816
7817
7818
7819
7820
7821
7822
7823
7824
7825
7826
7827
7828
7829
7830
7831
7832
7833
7834
7835
7836
7837
7838
7839
7840
7841
7842
7843
7844
7845
7846
7847
7848
7849
7850
7851
7852
7853
7854
7855
7856
7857
7858
7859
7860
7861
7862
7863
7864
7865
7866
7867
7868
7869
7873
7874
7875
7876
7877
7878
7879
7880
7881
7882
7883
7884
7885
7886
7887
7888
7889

800 (ETOPS)
=========
8301
8302
8303
8304
8305
8306
8307
8308
8309
8310
8311
8312
8313
8314
8315
8316
8317
8318
8319
8320
8321
8322
8323
8324
8325
8326
8327
8328
8329

800
===

8600
8602
8603
8604
8608
8642 *HEART ONE*
8645 *HEART TWO*
8652
8653
8654
8655
8656
8657
8658
8659
8660
8661
8662
8663
8664
8665
8667
8668
8669
8670
8671
8672
8673
8674
8675
8676
8677
8678
8679
8680
8681
8682
8683
8684
8685
8686
8687
8688
8689
8690
8691
8692
8693
8694
8695
8696
8697
8698
8699
8501
8502
8503
8504
8505
8506
8507
8508
8509
8510
8511
8512
8513
8514
8515
8516
8517
8518
8519
8520
8521
8522
8523
8524
8525
8526
8527
8528
8529
8530
8531
8532
8533
8534
8535
8536
8537
8538
8539
8540
8541
8542
8543
8544
8545
8546
8547
8548
8549
8550
8551
8552
8553
8554
8555
8556
8557
8558
8559
8560
8561
8562
8563
8564
8565
8566
8567
8558
8569
8570
8571
8572
8573
8574
8575
8576
8577
8578
8579
8580
8581
8582
8583
8584 *FINAL 73NG DELIVERY TO SWA*

MAX7 (7M7)
7203
7204
7205
7206
7207

MAX8 (7M8)
=========
8701
8702
8704
8705
8706
8707
8708
8709
8710
8711
8712
8713
8714
8715
8716
8717
8718
8719
8720
8721
8722
8723
8724
8725
8726
8727
8728
8729
8730
8731
8732
8733
8734
8735
8736
8743

8801
8802
8803
8803
8808

SPECIALTY PLANES
===============
MISSOURI ONE (280)
TRIPLE CROWN ONE (409)
NEW MEXICO ONE (781)
ILLINOIS ONE (918)
TENNESSEE ONE (922)
LONE STAR ONE (931)
CALIFORNIA ONE (943)
FLORIDA ONE (945)
LOUISIANA ONE (946)
ARIZONA ONE (955)

As always if I missed some please let me know.
 
User avatar
Veigar
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:20 am

How many aircraft in Heart vs Canyon now?
 
KDAL
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:40 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:14 am

N202WN and N7719A have exited GEG and VCV, respectively, in fresh paint.

N206WN is now in GEG being painted.

I can also confirm the final Max-8 test frame, N8703J, has been spotted at BFI (now in MWH, I believe), in Heart paint and no longer in the Boeing house livery.

Nothing followed N7719A into VCV for paint. Not sure if IAC had something else contracted this week or if it was due to the Holidays. Something should be headed there next week, though.

Anyone know how up-to-date the Google Doc following this is? If all these recent spottings have been loaded in, I can do some research and see if any more have been sneaking around unnoticed.
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.
 
qfatwa
Topic Author
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 1999 5:39 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:57 am

From my list, and confirmed by photographs:
N570WN
N715SW
N741SA
N7731A
N8601C
N8643A
N8644C

My calculations are Heart is about 540 [maybe be a few more MAX not included] and Canyon is approx 208. Around 72% completed.

I update the google document as much as I can get ...have added all details posted here.
 
KDAL
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:40 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:25 am

qfatwa wrote:
From my list, and confirmed by photographs:
N570WN
N715SW
N741SA
N7731A
N8601C
N8643A
N8644C

My calculations are Heart is about 540 [maybe be a few more MAX not included] and Canyon is approx 208. Around 72% completed.

I update the google document as much as I can get ...have added all details posted here.

What are these aircraft please?
8801
8802
8803
8803
8808


Alright, cool. I just wasn't sure if it may have gotten discontinued from use (I haven't read through all the pages on this thread). I'll look into it and see if I can find anything.

The one change I've noticed so far is that N740SW needs to be added to the "retired" list.

The 87xx and 88xx tail numbers are all Max-8s. I *think* the 88xx numbers are the first of the extra leases that we picked up late last year (several of which were supposed to be delivered this year). That decision, ironically, is what prompted the early lease returns of the 77xx tails. I believe they were assigned 88xx tails to differentiate them from the owned Max-8s, but I could be wrong, it's only an educated guess.
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.
 
777Mech
Posts: 995
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:39 am

barney captain wrote:
737max8 wrote:
barney captain wrote:

I'm sitting on her right now....new paint and interior, but original galleys.

Pics to follow. :D


8314 has had new seats for 2 years :D

Everyone wants galleys, but who is going to fork over millions for them? The MAX will replace the 800 ETOPS soon enough. Not worth the investment for just a little bit of time.


I guess I should have written "newest" interior -

At any rate -

Image

Image

Image


On that 3rd image, where is that located on the aircraft? Do all of the ships have them?
 
737max8
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:13 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:08 am

KDAL wrote:
qfatwa wrote:
From my list, and confirmed by photographs:
N570WN
N715SW
N741SA
N7731A
N8601C
N8643A
N8644C

My calculations are Heart is about 540 [maybe be a few more MAX not included] and Canyon is approx 208. Around 72% completed.

I update the google document as much as I can get ...have added all details posted here.

What are these aircraft please?
8801
8802
8803
8803
8808


Alright, cool. I just wasn't sure if it may have gotten discontinued from use (I haven't read through all the pages on this thread). I'll look into it and see if I can find anything.

The one change I've noticed so far is that N740SW needs to be added to the "retired" list.

The 87xx and 88xx tail numbers are all Max-8s. I *think* the 88xx numbers are the first of the extra leases that we picked up late last year (several of which were supposed to be delivered this year). That decision, ironically, is what prompted the early lease returns of the 77xx tails. I believe they were assigned 88xx tails to differentiate them from the owned Max-8s, but I could be wrong, it's only an educated guess.


88xx aren't designated as leases. Some of the 87xx are leased.

Unfortunately I cannot post the reasons for the different tail numbers at this time. Soon enough the difference will become very obvious.
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A220 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A339 A343 A346 A359 A388
 
KDAL
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:40 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:33 am

737max8 wrote:
KDAL wrote:
qfatwa wrote:
From my list, and confirmed by photographs:
N570WN
N715SW
N741SA
N7731A
N8601C
N8643A
N8644C

My calculations are Heart is about 540 [maybe be a few more MAX not included] and Canyon is approx 208. Around 72% completed.

I update the google document as much as I can get ...have added all details posted here.

What are these aircraft please?
8801
8802
8803
8803
8808


Alright, cool. I just wasn't sure if it may have gotten discontinued from use (I haven't read through all the pages on this thread). I'll look into it and see if I can find anything.

The one change I've noticed so far is that N740SW needs to be added to the "retired" list.

The 87xx and 88xx tail numbers are all Max-8s. I *think* the 88xx numbers are the first of the extra leases that we picked up late last year (several of which were supposed to be delivered this year). That decision, ironically, is what prompted the early lease returns of the 77xx tails. I believe they were assigned 88xx tails to differentiate them from the owned Max-8s, but I could be wrong, it's only an educated guess.


88xx aren't designated as leases. Some of the 87xx are leased.

Unfortunately I cannot post the reasons for the different tail numbers at this time. Soon enough the difference will become very obvious.


I was just making a guess based on the fact that the leased 700s from the FL merger all have the 77xx tails. Curious to see what the reason is. I figured if there was any other reason, it was just that they ran out of 87xx numbers. Designated as ETOPS, maybe?
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.
 
gr8slvrflt
Posts: 1483
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2002 10:53 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:30 am

Could the 88xx numbers be etops Max aircraft?
I work for Southwest, but the views expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Southwest.
 
qfatwa
Topic Author
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 1999 5:39 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:12 am

N7703A (on Flight Aware) scheduled for flight PHX-PAE WN8511, 0038-0212, today 2nd December.
 
KDAL
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:40 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:21 am

qfatwa wrote:
N7703A (on Flight Aware) scheduled for flight PHX-PAE WN8511, 0038-0212, today 2nd December.

Headed to ATS for a heavy check & return to lessor.
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.
 
KDAL
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:40 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:55 am

N206WN returns to service tomorrow in fresh Heart paint.

N222WN currently in VCV for paint, and N449WN is headed to the paint shop in GEG as I type this.
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.
 
User avatar
Veigar
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:08 am

So... this was brought up earlier in this thread but obviously it has been a long time since then.

Will absolutely any of these aircraft remain in a Canyon Blue livery? Or is there no official information on this yet.
 
User avatar
KLMatSJC
Posts: 769
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:16 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:06 am

Veigar wrote:
So... this was brought up earlier in this thread but obviously it has been a long time since then.

Will absolutely any of these aircraft remain in a Canyon Blue livery? Or is there no official information on this yet.

Previous report had Warrior One as the only one to remain in the Canyon Blue scheme, but the aircraft has since been repainted. I'd expect them to leave at least one. N8641B is a possibility, being the last plane delivered in the scheme. N793SA (first in the Canyon Blue) was already repainted.
A318/19/20/21/21N A332/3 A343/5 A388 B712 B722 B732/3/4/7/8/9/9ER B744/4M B752/3 B762ER/3/3ER/4ER B772/E/L/W B788 CRJ2/7/9 Q400 EMB-120 ERJ-135/140/145/145XR/175 DC-10-10 MD-82/83/88/90

Long Live the Tulip, Cactus, and Redwood
 
KDAL
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:40 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:27 am

KLMatSJC wrote:
Veigar wrote:
So... this was brought up earlier in this thread but obviously it has been a long time since then.

Will absolutely any of these aircraft remain in a Canyon Blue livery? Or is there no official information on this yet.

Previous report had Warrior One as the only one to remain in the Canyon Blue scheme, but the aircraft has since been repainted. I'd expect them to leave at least one. N8641B is a possibility, being the last plane delivered in the scheme. N793SA (first in the Canyon Blue) was already repainted.

The rumor I heard was that one would be kept in an "updated" Canyon Blue, with a slightly different paint to hold up better to the elements. (Similar to the "updated" livery on 711HK and 714CB).

But there is no official word that I know of. Just the rumors floating around.
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.
 
User avatar
WesternDC6B
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: WN livery repaints

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:15 am

n471wn wrote:
qfatwa wrote:
n471wn wrote:
Sadly one new repaint is not on the list. That would be a 300 series N355SW which inexplicably normally intelligent SWA painted and then retired the a/c!!! It was painted 6 months before it was retired--what a waste...


Not just one!

In the list of retirements is repainted N369SW due to finish on 5th of July.


Wow what were they thinking!!!


I’m not sure, but, with the aircraft having several more months to go, appearances. Why have a faded, shabby-looking plane representing the brand?
“Pedantic” defined: spelling “pedantic” “pædantic”.
 
User avatar
william
Posts: 3334
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 1999 1:31 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:15 pm

How is the darker blue holding up on the present livery?
 
Sooner787
Posts: 2720
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:04 pm

SXDFC wrote:
I highly doubt the Herb Kelleher-700 replacement will be a 7MAX.. IMHO it will be one of the N9** birds that have yet to be repainted. Not sure what the routes are going to be for the 7MAX, but I’d imagine the 700s will still fly a majority of the routes in the WN system.

I also heard of some of the -700 replacements being some of the former airTran planes?

Kinda wondering if we will see a new specialty plane this year?


The WN Max-7's I've seen in storage are in the standard new Heart livery...fwiw
 
KDAL
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:40 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:16 pm

N449WN has departed GEG in fresh Heart paint. Replaced in the paint shop by N968WN.

N222WN has also departed VCV in fresh paint. Replaced by N221WN.
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.
 
Runway28L
Posts: 2099
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:09 pm

KDAL wrote:
N449WN has departed GEG in fresh Heart paint. Replaced in the paint shop by N968WN.

N222WN has also departed VCV in fresh paint. Replaced by N221WN.

Maryland One and Colorado One must be coming up on their paint cycles pretty soon. Both still have the old tail, as does Nevada One.
 
KDAL
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:40 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:59 am

Runway28L wrote:
KDAL wrote:
N449WN has departed GEG in fresh Heart paint. Replaced in the paint shop by N968WN.

N222WN has also departed VCV in fresh paint. Replaced by N221WN.

Maryland One and Colorado One must be coming up on their paint cycles pretty soon. Both still have the old tail, as does Nevada One.

I don't see them in the pipeline, currently. Granted things can change, but according to my sources, they are not currently scheduled for paint. At least not in the short term.
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.
 
barney captain
Posts: 2356
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2001 5:47 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:34 am

777Mech wrote:
barney captain wrote:
737max8 wrote:

8314 has had new seats for 2 years :D

Everyone wants galleys, but who is going to fork over millions for them? The MAX will replace the 800 ETOPS soon enough. Not worth the investment for just a little bit of time.


I guess I should have written "newest" interior -

At any rate -

Image

Image

Image


On that 3rd image, where is that located on the aircraft? Do all of the ships have them?


It's usually on the aft portion of the left MLG wheel well, just below the wing. You can see the reflection of the engine nacelle in the image.
Southeast Of Disorder
 
SXDFC
Posts: 2040
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:32 am

Nevada One, Colorado One, and Maryland One will likely all be repainted by the end of 2020.
 
WNagent310
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:11 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:58 am

Was working a SFO Originator at LAX a couple mornings ago and didn’t know N701GS was repainted. Looking like a fresh new coat of paint for one of our oldest birds in the fleet. I know N700GS is still in the Spirit livery wondering if that will ever be repainted.
 
Sooner787
Posts: 2720
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:20 pm

What percentage of the WN fleet is sporting the new Heart Livery now ?
 
qfatwa
Topic Author
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 1999 5:39 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:09 pm

 
KDAL
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:40 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:23 am

N968WN and N221WN have returned from the paint shop. N257WN is now in GEG for paint. Nothing followed 221 into VCV. Looks like the second line starts back up after the new year - also in GEG, instead of VCV.
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.
 
KDAL
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:40 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:55 am

N257WN has returned to service. N209WN followed into the paint shop.
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.
 
barney captain
Posts: 2356
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2001 5:47 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:52 am

737max8 wrote:

88xx aren't designated as leases. Some of the 87xx are leased.

Unfortunately I cannot post the reasons for the different tail numbers at this time. Soon enough the difference will become very obvious.


Now you've got me wondering! :bouncy:

How would you define "soon"? :bigthumbsup:
Southeast Of Disorder
 
User avatar
KLMatSJC
Posts: 769
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:16 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:33 am

barney captain wrote:
737max8 wrote:

88xx aren't designated as leases. Some of the 87xx are leased.

Unfortunately I cannot post the reasons for the different tail numbers at this time. Soon enough the difference will become very obvious.


Now you've got me wondering! :bouncy:

How would you define "soon"? :bigthumbsup:

ETOPS?
A318/19/20/21/21N A332/3 A343/5 A388 B712 B722 B732/3/4/7/8/9/9ER B744/4M B752/3 B762ER/3/3ER/4ER B772/E/L/W B788 CRJ2/7/9 Q400 EMB-120 ERJ-135/140/145/145XR/175 DC-10-10 MD-82/83/88/90

Long Live the Tulip, Cactus, and Redwood
 
SWADawg
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:40 pm

KLMatSJC wrote:
barney captain wrote:
737max8 wrote:

88xx aren't designated as leases. Some of the 87xx are leased.

Unfortunately I cannot post the reasons for the different tail numbers at this time. Soon enough the difference will become very obvious.


Now you've got me wondering! :bouncy:

How would you define "soon"? :bigthumbsup:

ETOPS?

Yes. That’s exactly what I was thinking. I think these tail numbers are the first MAX-8’s to come ETOPS equipped.
My posts are my opinion only and do not reflect the views of Southwest Airlines
 
737max8
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:13 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:27 pm

SWADawg wrote:
KLMatSJC wrote:
barney captain wrote:

Now you've got me wondering! :bouncy:

How would you define "soon"? :bigthumbsup:

ETOPS?

Yes. That’s exactly what I was thinking. I think these tail numbers are the first MAX-8’s to come ETOPS equipped.


Not quite, sent you and Barney a message :)
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A220 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A339 A343 A346 A359 A388
 
KDAL
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:40 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:53 am

N215WN has gone into the paint shop in GEG as well.
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.
 
User avatar
KLMatSJC
Posts: 769
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:16 am

Re: WN livery repaints discussion thread

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:20 am

737max8 wrote:
SWADawg wrote:
KLMatSJC wrote:
ETOPS?

Yes. That’s exactly what I was thinking. I think these tail numbers are the first MAX-8’s to come ETOPS equipped.


Not quite, sent you and Barney a message :)

I think you skipped someone in the middle there :)
A318/19/20/21/21N A332/3 A343/5 A388 B712 B722 B732/3/4/7/8/9/9ER B744/4M B752/3 B762ER/3/3ER/4ER B772/E/L/W B788 CRJ2/7/9 Q400 EMB-120 ERJ-135/140/145/145XR/175 DC-10-10 MD-82/83/88/90

Long Live the Tulip, Cactus, and Redwood
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos