Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PVDBOSflyer

Re: Allegiant adding EWR DEN and OGS

Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:25 pm

aviationjunky wrote:
When I worked for G4 a few months back, we had begun a shift in marketing toward larger airports to get a larger customer base, which in turn would lead to larger profit. The first big move was CVG. The original plan was into DAY, but CVG offered more gates and times. They opened DAY anyway just last month. Anyways, they were looking at markets like SEA (they were looking to drop BLI even though its one of their largest profit markets), IAH/HOU (they hadn't decided on which to fly but I believe they were leaning toward HOU because it's cheaper), SLC (they were looking to drop both PVU and ODG if it offered more profit), RDD, ATL, BHM, BOS/PVD (PVD looked like it was going to be the winner only because it was cheaper), and the last one was JFK/LGA/EWR and it looks like they chose EWR. When I left LGA was the one they wanted most due to its proximity to the city, but I guess EWR was cheaper.

The plan was:

SEA-LAS
SEA-LAX
SEA-AZA
SEA-SAN
SEA-OAK
SEA-PSP
SEA-RNO

IAH/HOU-CVG
IAH/HOU-LAS
IAH/HOU-LAX
IAH/HOU-FLL
IAH/HOU-SFB
IAH/HOU-IND
IAH/HOU-AZA
IAH/HOU-SAN
IAH/HOU-PIE

SLC-OAK
SLC-LAS
SLC-LAX
SLC-SAN
SLC-AZA
SLC-MYS
SLC-AUS or IAH/HOU (depending on if IAH/HOU happened or not)

RDD-LAS
RDD-LAX
RDD-SAN
RDD-AZA

ATL-CVG or DAY
ATL-BWI
ATL-PIT
ATL-IND
ATL-SHV
ATL-AUS or IAH/HOU (depending on if IAH/HOU happened or not)
ATL-AZA

BHM-CVG
BHM-PIE
BHM-FLL
BHM-AZA
BHM-LAS

BOS/PVD-PIE
BOS/PVD-SFB
BOS/PVD-VPS
BOS/PVD-AVL
BOS/PVD-SAV (seasonal)
BOS/PVD-MYR (seasonal)

From PVD, MCO and TPA markets are already served by WN/B6 and WN respectively. Fares are already on the lower side and are often cheaper on AA with a connection in CLT/DCA. I imagine WN would defend their turf at PVD and their flyer base is incredibly loyal. Those two routes make little sense IMOH.

Deltran757

Re: Allegiant adding EWR DEN and OGS

Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:34 am

Hats off to G4 for stepping into a larger market (EWR). If the 4 cities they added for EWR is a success, I expect more growth. Way bigger then the CVG fast growth that they are experiencing now.

I do wonder if they will ever show back up in GYY to be the Chicago area airport. Once they expanded their runway, still haven't heard anything yet from G4 coming back as I can see them becoming a success their also. Just like how Mid-America airport (St. Louis area) is doing, since G4 returned.
To see the world... One plane at a time