Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

seatback
Topic Author

Delta Adding Mainline at CVG

Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:22 pm

I just did a quick spot check and noticed that CVG has added some mainline back to DTW and DFW from CVG this summer. Nice to see some larger planes. Is this b/c the market is strong or the pull down of regionals?

MIflyer12

Re: Delta Adding Mainline at CVG

Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:27 pm

If it lasts into fall you might posit it's the pull-down of regional flying.

It might just be summer travel volumes.

usflyer123

Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:44 pm

its nice to see that but this airport will never be again a large DL hub with DTW and MSP around.
for most people the sky is the limit. for those who love aviation, the sky is home...

deltaffindfw

Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:49 pm

I don't see any mainline to DFW. In fact, I see days where DL isn't even flying non-stop DFW-CVG.

usflyer123

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:05 pm

deltaffindfw wrote:
I don't see any mainline to DFW. In fact, I see days where DL isn't even flying non-stop DFW-CVG.

delta connection flies CVG-DFW and DL mainlines fly there seasonaly.
for most people the sky is the limit. for those who love aviation, the sky is home...

deltaffindfw

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:12 pm

I know GoJet and Endeavor fly to CVG. My point is that I actually see days where there are no flights DFW-CVG non-stop. What days do they fly mainline CVG-DFW and what plane? Cool to see!

Alsatian

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:54 pm

Actually DL does not operate CVG - DFW on saturdays.

What days do they fly mainline CVG-DFW and what plane? Cool to see!

Indeed

AirportRival

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:03 pm

I posted about this in the "Rest of Ohio" thread a few days back. The mainline flights have been done by an A319. They have also been flying the A319 to JFK. Delta has had an A320 flying to DTW from CVG for a while now. The mainline to MSP is seasonal. DL has also been flying mainline to BOS as well but it seems more consistent than MSP.

lavalampluva

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:10 pm

Delta is running mainlines for July from CVG to....

Atlanta
Boston
Cancun
Dallas
Detroit
Fort Lauderdale
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
JFK
Salt Lake City
San Francisco
Seattle
Tampa
Last edited by lavalampluva on Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remind me to send a thank you note to Mr. Boeing.

CIDFlyer

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:14 pm

I'm surprised they don't run mainline more consistently between CVG - MSP since MSP is a pretty big hub. I suppose west coast routings are more conveniently handled by short hops to DTW or ATL.

clrd4t8koff

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:16 pm

AirportRival wrote:
I posted about this in the "Rest of Ohio" thread a few days back. The mainline flights have been done by an A319. They have also been flying the A319 to JFK. Delta has had an A320 flying to DTW from CVG for a while now. The mainline to MSP is seasonal. DL has also been flying mainline to BOS as well but it seems more consistent than MSP.

Delta has year-round mainline CVG-BOS.

flyguy89

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:19 pm

CIDFlyer wrote:
I'm surprised they don't run mainline more consistently between CVG - MSP since MSP is a pretty big hub. I suppose west coast routings are more conveniently handled by short hops to DTW or ATL.

Well that and DL flies nonstop to the largest West Coast markets.

jbmitt

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:27 pm

lavalampluva wrote:
Delta is running mainlines for July from CVG to....

Atlanta
Boston
Cancun
Dallas
Detroit
Fort Lauderdale
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
JFK
Salt Lake City
San Francisco
Seattle
Tampa

Add Paris CDG

lavalampluva

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:30 pm

CIDFlyer wrote:

There are pros and cons to RJ vs. Mainline. RJ = more frequency. Mainline IMO is a prestige thing. :D
Remind me to send a thank you note to Mr. Boeing.

MesaFlyGuy

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:30 am

Add MCO to that list too. :)
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

flymco753

Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:36 pm

DL will be flying the 757 between CVG and DTW for a few days this summer.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

flyguy89

Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:07 pm

seatback wrote:
I just did a quick spot check and noticed that CVG has added some mainline back to DTW and DFW from CVG this summer. Nice to see some larger planes. Is this b/c the market is strong or the pull down of regionals?

Are any of these editions regularly scheduled? I peruse the DL CVG schedules on occasion as well and, they're admittedly hard for me to follow, but it seems like a lot of these are just one-offs (i.e. DL is operating a single mainline flight CVG-DTW two non-consecutive days in the month of August...or something like that), if any are regularly scheduled for a solid length of time though, it would obviously be great having more DL mainline at CVG.

MIflyer12

Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:16 pm

lavalampluva wrote:
CIDFlyer wrote:

There are pros and cons to RJ vs. Mainline. RJ = more frequency. Mainline IMO is a prestige thing. :D

It's more than a prestige thing. Please point to the DL Connection (or any U.S. regional) operator that has on-time, flight completion, VDB and baggage handling performance that matches DL mainline. Or has the fleet with power and AVOD. DL has done a great job dumping single-class flights to give passengers F cabins and Comfort+ on DL Connection but it isn't mainline.

DiamondFlyer

Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:18 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
It's more than a prestige thing. Please point to the DL Connection (or any U.S. regional) operator that has on-time, flight completion, VDB and baggage handling performance that matches DL mainline. Or has the fleet with power and AVOD. DL has done a great job dumping single-class flights to give passengers F cabins and Comfort+ on DL Connection but it isn't mainline.

9E has very similar performance numbers to mainline. They're currently on a CCF 100% streak of over 110 days.
From my cold, dead hands

michman

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:53 pm

flyguy89 wrote:
seatback wrote:

Are any of these editions regularly scheduled? I peruse the DL CVG schedules on occasion as well and, they're admittedly hard for me to follow, but it seems like a lot of these are just one-offs (i.e. DL is operating a single mainline flight CVG-DTW two non-consecutive days in the month of August...or something like that), if any are regularly scheduled for a solid length of time though, it would obviously be great having more DL mainline at CVG.

The CVG-DTW mainline flight is daily (except Saturday's) through Aug 26th. So, yes it's regularly scheduled (but seasonal).

piedmont762

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:09 pm

I'm only seeing CVG-DFW on CR7 / CR9 for most of the summer. No mainline - where are ppl looking?

Interesting to note that CVG-SEA is a 757 for the summer

AirportRival

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:48 pm

piedmont762 wrote:
I'm only seeing CVG-DFW on CR7 / CR9 for most of the summer. No mainline - where are ppl looking?

Interesting to note that CVG-SEA is a 757 for the summer

I've seen it on their website but you can see some of the history on flightaware. It's flying under DAL548 with an A319.

IPFreely

Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:20 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
Please point to the DL Connection (or any U.S. regional) operator that has on-time, flight completion, VDB and baggage handling performance that matches DL mainline.

That's a trick question. DL prides itself on completing 100% of their flights on 100 randomly selected days while at the same time running the worst performing regional carrier operation in the history of air travel. They need to mix in some more reliable mainline flights at an airport like CVG to keep their whole operation there from collapsing.

11725Flyer

Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:00 am

IPFreely wrote:
That's a trick question. DL prides itself on completing 100% of their flights on 100 randomly selected days while at the same time running the worst performing regional carrier operation in the history of air travel.

Show us the numbers.