SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author

WestJet now flying YHZ-YVR & YHZ-YWG non-stop

Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:42 am

Both routes are summer only and four times weekly. Thus you can fly from one ocean to the other non-stop on a domestic flight.

http://westjet2.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=1147
Last edited by atcsundevil on Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected airport code for Halifax (YHZ)

usflyer123

Re: WestJet now flying YHX-YVR & YHX-YWG non-stop

Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:26 am

i think its about time there will be a YVR-YHZ route. i wonder how AC didnt do it first...
for most people the sky is the limit. for those who love aviation, the sky is home...

AC_B777

Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:37 am

AC did do if a few years back. AC185 went YYT-YHZ-YYC-YVR, but 1-2 days a week I believe it went YHZ-YVR nonstop. Equipment used was an A319.
I'm wondering if WS has an over abundance of a/c lying around so they are trying a few new routes they haven't done before?
In life, some days you are the bug..... some days you are the windshield!

usflyer123

Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:16 pm

AC_B777 wrote:
AC did do if a few years back. AC185 went YYT-YHZ-YYC-YVR, but 1-2 days a week I believe it went YHZ-YVR nonstop. Equipment used was an A319.
I'm wondering if WS has an over abundance of a/c lying around so they are trying a few new routes they haven't done before?

well because of that i think they can afford themselves try new markets.
for most people the sky is the limit. for those who love aviation, the sky is home...

longhauler

Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:35 pm

usflyer123 wrote:

In my guess, the days of trying new markets by darts on a dartboard are long gone.

Being a domestic flight and flying between two city pairs already served, Westjet would know exactly how many passengers wish to fly. It would appear that they think there is enough to fill aircraft.

While there may be some that may opt for the flight/airline because it is non-stop, it is more likely about flying people already flying in a cheaper manner. That leaves flights like YHZ-YYZ and YYZ-YWG/YYZ-YVR available for more local passengers, usually resulting in a higher yield.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

usflyer123

Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:56 pm

longhauler wrote:
usflyer123 wrote:

In my guess, the days of trying new markets by darts on a dartboard are long gone.

Being a domestic flight and flying between two city pairs already served, Westjet would know exactly how many passengers wish to fly. It would appear that they think there is enough to fill aircraft.

While there may be some that may opt for the flight/airline because it is non-stop, it is more likely about flying people already flying in a cheaper manner. That leaves flights like YHZ-YYZ and YYZ-YWG/YYZ-YVR available for more local passengers, usually resulting in a higher yield.

i agree and disagree with you. its true that you can assume how many passengers would fly from A to B but you never know if a route would work or not until you try it.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos