OA260

Re: Irish 10/16 - Summertime and the flying is easy ...

Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:06 am

Shannon Airport In Line For International Award

Shannon Airport has been nominated for a prestigious international prize.
The facility has been shortlisted for the World Routes Marketing Awards, in the Best Marketing of Airports in the world under 4 million passengers category.
It's the fourth year in a row that the airport has received a nomination, and secured a Highly Commended in the same section last year.
The 2016 awards ceremony will take place on September 26th at the New Century Global Centre in Chengdu, China.

http://www.clare.fm/news/shannon-airpor ... onal-award

BrianDromey

Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:07 am

I had my first FR flight with their new slimline seats and BoeingSky interior. Overall, my impressions are mixed. I liked the LED lighting, but legroom does not seem a lot different, despite the much thinner seats. Seat backs are higher, which is good, so I think FR have done well. Overall I just wasn't impressed with the BoeingSky interior. The bins are just the wrong size to allow bags to be stored on their side, which is a shame. Indeed I saw a few passengers try to stow bags on their sides - I think the latest version might allow this, I hope Ryanair upgrade for future deliveries. The windows are smaller than ever and the window shades don't stay up as well as on other types. But the general squeaks, rattles and cheap feel to the finish is by far the worst aspect of the cabin. The cabin furnishings sounded like they were trying to rattle and shake themselves loose on take-off and climb.
Overall I was very disappointed by the BoeingSky interior. I'd rather the ATR72-600 cabin, if Im honest.

shamrock350

Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:17 am

I've yet to try the Ryanair version of the Sky Interior but I'm not as easily blown away by a few blue LED lights as others. Anyone who has flown Norwegian in the past 5 or so years know what the cabin should look like and from all the pictures, videos and reports, the Ryanair cabin just didn't seem the same standard.

I think stowing bags side ways is just PR fluff from Boeing and Airbus, I've never seen it work in reality. The windows on the Sky Interior are definitely smaller, it's to be expected when they've rounded off what are traditionally more square windows but I believe they're still bigger than the Airbus equivalent.

Overall I think the cabin is probably a huge improvement for Ryanair but still a way off where it could and probably should have been. Worth remembering that when they get their MAX 200s, the recent gain in legroom will be completely cancelled out.

OA260

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:41 pm

Ryanair and low-cost airline rivals likely to cut prices

Davy analyst says airlines need to stimulate growth to continue to see strong figures
Ryanair and its low-cost rivals are likely to have to cut ticket prices to stimulate growth, according to stockbrokers Davy.

A new report by analyst Ross Harvey points out that earnings downgrades have cost European airlines 20 per cent of their value in the last two months.

He notes that low-cost airlines such as Ryanair are continuing to see strong growth and are selling a greater proportion of their seats.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/tran ... -1.2764571

OA260

Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:17 am

Aer Lingus pilot hilariously passes on message from passenger's aunt mid-flight
Some things are unique to an Irish flight, and when in high spirits we've seen pilots have the craic with their passengers on several occasions.
Today proved no different, as one Aer Lingus pilot must have been in flying form as he took the time to relay a special message to one particular passenger on a flight from Bordeaux to Dublin Airport.

Sarah McCarry obviously has an aunt that's fond of her, and the London air traffic control worker took full advantage of the chance to give her niece a surprise greeting.
Crispin Rodwell was also on the flight and he posted about the hilarious incident on Facebook.
He said: "Aer Lingus flight from Bordeaux to Dublin.
"'This is your captain speaking. We have received a message from London air traffic control.'
"'If Sarah McCarry is onboard, your aunt who works there says 'hello.''
"Only on an Irish flight."

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-ne ... s-11784884

KIRFlyer

Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:50 pm

Finnair to boost Dublin-Helsinki flights from 2017
via The Irish Times
http://www.irishtimes.com/business/tran ... -1.2765737

Airline tapping into growing demand for services to Asia, with quicker connections.

Finnair plans to increase flights from Dublin to Helsinki in the summer of 2017, the second extension of its services since it launched them last year.

The Finnish airline plans to fly six-times a week between both cities from March 2017, an increase of three flights a week compared to its winter schedule.

I've travelled to NRT and HND a few times, and always thought connecting via AMS was pretty effortless.

JAmie2k9

Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:23 pm

KIRFlyer wrote:
via The Irish Times

Airline tapping into growing demand for services to Asia, with quicker connections.

Finnair plans to increase flights from Dublin to Helsinki in the summer of 2017, the second extension of its services since it launched them last year.

The Finnish airline plans to fly six-times a week between both cities from March 2017, an increase of three flights a week compared to its winter schedule.

I've travelled to NRT and HND a few times, and always thought connecting via AMS was pretty effortless.

It's already 9 weekly and the A319 ops start end of October instead of March 2017 like planned a few months ago. Nice to see them doing well./.

OA260

Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:02 am

Plane lands at Cork Airport after smoke spotted

An Aer Lingus regional plane with 63 people on board has safely landed at Cork Airport after the pilot reported an emergency, with smoke in the cockpit.

At 9.55am, the captain of Flight Number EI3701 declared an emergency.

Emergency services at Cork Airport were put on full alert with the support of two fire tenders from Cork City Council.

The plane landed safely and taxied to its designated spot at 9.58am.

The 59 passengers, including one infant, and four crew are disembarking.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0824/811586 ... er-lingus/

nbmike

Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:19 pm

Both BBC NI and the Belfast Telegraph are reporting that a flight from LGW to BFS was delayed due to a crew disagreement, which lead to the offload of the two crew members in question.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-37181381

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 93714.html

kaitak
Topic Author

Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Etihad is going back to single daily services from next months; through the winter, a single daily service was expected, but they will also be single daily next Summer, albeit using 77Ws.

http://www.travelextra.ie/etihad-return ... 2016-2017/

Interestingly, no word from QR yet on DUB service.

JAmie2k9

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:01 pm

kaitak wrote:
Etihad is going back to single daily services from next months; through the winter, a single daily service was expected, but they will also be single daily next Summer, albeit using 77Ws.

This isn't really news or a reduction as it's the same as last winter schedule and they only scheduled the second daily for the peak 3 month period.

Will be interesting if QR actually get off the ground in 2017. The EI route announcement can't be much longer either.

EI121

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:01 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
kaitak wrote:

The EI route announcement can't be much longer either.[/quote]

Is this reduction, both this year and last year, a reduction as a result in fallen demand or is it due to EY not having aircraft availability?

On either this forum or another, one had the idea of maybe the route announcement coinciding with the arrival of EI-FNG? Which must be in the next week or so?

--------------------------------

Just on a side note: has anyone thought the number of posts in this forum has decreased in the past few months, or is it just slow season?

JAmie2k9

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:28 pm

EI121 wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
kaitak wrote:

The EI route announcement can't be much longer either.

Is this reduction, both this year and last year, a reduction as a result in fallen demand or is it due to EY not having aircraft availability?

On either this forum or another, one had the idea of maybe the route announcement coinciding with the arrival of EI-FNG? Which must be in the next week or so?

--------------------------------

Just on a side note: has anyone thought the number of posts in this forum has decreased in the past few months, or is it just slow season?[/quote]

Last year was put down to aircraft issues which EY had but profit on the DUB route has suffered big time since EK arrived and them going second daily was a final nail. They will probally stick with 2nd daily peak summer and if the routes eventually goes B787 we may see a return of a more full time 2nd daily.

Indeed a big drop in posts however hard to exactly gauge as it's summer and not been massive level of news.

321neo

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:12 pm

EI121 wrote:
EI-FNG? Which must be in the next week or so?

EI-FNG is due to arrive into DUB on Monday August 29th. On a side note, an additional ATR 72-600 for Stobart Air is to arrive tomorrow, Friday August 26th, also from Toulouse.

EI121 wrote:
Just on a side note: has anyone thought the number of posts in this forum has decreased in the past few months, or is it just slow season?

Probably down to the poor user experience of the new Airliners.net website. It's very disheartening to see.

JAmie2k9 wrote:
Indeed a big drop in posts however hard to exactly gauge as it's summer and not been massive level of news.

TK is sending an A330-200 on one of its DUB flights this Saturday 27th August and the following Sunday, September 4th. Word is that the handling agent at DUB is preparing to handle TK A330s on a regular basis within months.

EIDL

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:33 pm

My new Supervalu loyalty cards arrived today.

This may seem like an utterly inane and irrelevant post, until we remember that its fairly obvious from various mentions, leaks, and market research done that Supervalu will be offering Avios via AerClub and that they may have been part/all of the delay. The included letter mentions the wonders to come but no detail - its just replacing a previous "temporary card" replacement which was to get rid of the Superquinn logo!

Eirules

Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:14 pm

EIDL wrote:
My new Supervalu loyalty cards arrived today.

This may seem like an utterly inane and irrelevant post, until we remember that its fairly obvious from various mentions, leaks, and market research done that Supervalu will be offering Avios via AerClub and that they may have been part/all of the delay. The included letter mentions the wonders to come but no detail - its just replacing a previous "temporary card" replacement which was to get rid of the Superquinn logo!

The Supervalu card was relaunched in June with a soft launch and the full relaunch scheduled for last 2 wks of August & 1st 2 weeks of September. This is going according to plan. However, in June Aer Lingus were pulled from the marketing material due to AerClub not being ready & all of the POS had to be reprinted last week as AerClub told Supervalu there would be a further delay. The latest date is November. Not sure if that's for a full AerClub launch or for the Supervalu partnership. It hasn't gone down well though....
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

nu

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:50 am

JAmie2k9 wrote:
KIRFlyer wrote:
via The Irish Times

It's already 9 weekly and the A319 ops start end of October instead of March 2017 like planned a few months ago. Nice to see them doing well./.

It's a319 tomorrow.
Aer Maighdean abu

OA260

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:26 am

kaitak wrote:

Its hard to fill all those seats since EK came to town and will be even harder with 3 ME carriers at DUB. As I said before expect one to exit the market eventually. It will be a case of only the fittest survive!
-----

Noticed the TK A330 due in purely by accident the other day when looking at Saturdays seat map. Nice to see and even nicer if you happen to be up front :)

SuperSix2

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:43 pm

Hi Folks

Quick question....

Is taxiway Alpha still closed at DUB?

JAmie2k9

Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:04 am

SuperSix2 wrote:
Hi Folks

Quick question....

Is taxiway Alpha still closed at DUB?

A opens for dual ops between 05.30-07.00. B2 will be closed when A is in operation.

shamrock321

Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:35 am

Swissport won't have to do much preparation for handling a TK A330, they handle a number of the type everyday.

321neo

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:46 am

Plot twist: TK has reduced DUB-IST from 2-daily to 10-weekly for this coming winter 2016/2017.

Eirules

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:56 am

321neo wrote:
Plot twist: TK has reduced DUB-IST from 2-daily to 10-weekly for this coming winter 2016/2017.

According to one of the other threads it's part of much bigger overall network cuts

OA260

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:26 am

321neo wrote:

This is no surprise. Giving the problems in Turkey and at TK it was a matter of time before we saw reductions. Yields are hurting and I would have been amazed if DUB had been overlooked for cost cutting along with the other stations.

321neo

Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:52 am

Eirules wrote:
According to one of the other threads it's part of much bigger overall network cuts

Yep, which will also surely reduces the possible Middle East/Asia connection possibilities ex-IST for DUB-originating passengers.

With EY reducing DUB to daily, and now TK also reducing flights, it appears that EK has come out on top in Dublin for Middle East/Asia/Australia traffic. Will we see them take over the EY lounge?

OA260

Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:00 am

321neo wrote:
Will we see them take over the EY lounge?

No not unless Dublin Airport can extend it in terms of space. EK have very specific requirements for the layout and size of their lounges and the current EY one would be too small.

dstc47

Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:44 pm

A faulty fire alarm led to a brief evacuation of the terminal at SNN this morning.
There were also two medical diversions to add to the excitement.

kaitak
Topic Author

Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:57 pm

Quick question about Stobart Air; do they have system whereby their crews can have a career route into EI, in the same way a some US carriers do, from their regionals?
Last edited by kaitak on Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaitak
Topic Author

Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:59 pm

321neo wrote:
On a side note, an additional ATR 72-600 for Stobart Air is to arrive tomorrow, Friday August 26th, also from Toulouse.

EI-FSL delivered on the 26th. With any luck operating the 3344 to Jersey this afternoon! ;-)

kaitak
Topic Author

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:19 pm

Ryanair cancels DUB-LIS flight at last minute:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/ ... -1.2770866

This seems like a case study in poor customer service and downright incompetence by FR. The airline cancelled a flight to LIS earlier today (Saturday, 27th) and initially told pax that they were on their own. No explanation was given and FR staff would give no information. Eventually, it emerged that it was due to a security strike at LIS.

The flight has now been rescheduled to just after midnight, Sunday morning.

Question: Does the IAA have any legislative power to fine airlines in situations like this? Or does the EU?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a good flight from DUB-JER this afternoon; delayed about 30 mins due to paperwork issues.Nice crew and good service; flight (operated by 'FAV) took c. 1h25, arriving into JER on a fine, clear sunny evening. I noted since my last flight with Stobart Air, they are paying lots more attention to loading, with the buses being loaded with rows 1-10 first, then 11-the last row. Pax asked on bus to board acft in same manner (but this doesn't seem to be enforced).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just going back to the whole EI widebody issue. We still haven't heard anything official from EI or IAG about this, despite rumours. Given:
- the continuous and large grown of t/a traffic
- the success of the "DubHub"
- the addition of new products such as the new J class (which takes up more space and reduces capacity)
- the fact that the airline has been operating the same size aircraft (c.310-330 seats) on the core routes for the past 20 years (A330 introduced in 1995), there has not been any significant capacity increase (although extra flights/frequencies have been added) on key routes. One would have thought, given IAG's professed interest in driving t/a growth at Dublin, that EI would want to grow capacity by adding a larger type.

I don't buy the idea that the 359 is too much aircraft for EI; sure the original was, but EI is going for the regional model with a reduced MTOW (which can still reach the west coast). Is it wise, given EI's growth over the next two years until the 359 was/is to join the fleet to limit growth potential by sticking with the same type pretty much indefinitely. Even the 359 will not provide a massive growth boost over the 330 (Finnair's A350s seat only about 26 more than the A330, an increase of only about 10%).

Maybe, given the type of growth EI should be targeting, we should be asking whether the capacity boost of the 359 is sufficient and whether the airline should be targeting the -1000 for its busiest routes?

Cipango

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:24 pm

kaitak wrote:
- the fact that the airline has been operating the same size aircraft (c.310-330 seats) on the core routes for the past 20 years (A330 introduced in 1995), there has not been any significant capacity increase (although extra flights/frequencies have been added) on key routes. One would have thought, given IAG's professed interest in driving t/a growth at Dublin, that EI would want to grow capacity by adding a larger type.

The problem for EI and DUB is that the traffic is highly seasonal. Indeed, the flights would fill during the summer months on a larger aircraft, but they would equally lose money during the winter months.

The A330's are a good aircraft size to adequately cater to both summer and winter markets.

Just my 2c.
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.

JAmie2k9

Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:48 pm

kaitak wrote:

This seems like a case study in poor customer service and downright incompetence by FR. The airline cancelled a flight to LIS earlier today (Saturday, 27th) and initially told pax that they were on their own. No explanation was given and FR staff would give no information. Eventually, it emerged that it was due to a security strike at LIS.

Question: Does the IAA have any legislative power to fine airlines in situations like this? Or does the EU?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a good flight from DUB-JER this afternoon; delayed about 30 mins due to paperwork issues.Nice crew and good service; flight (operated by 'FAV) took c. 1h25, arriving into JER on a fine, clear sunny evening. I noted since my last flight with Stobart Air, they are paying lots more attention to loading, with the buses being loaded with rows 1-10 first, then 11-the last row. Pax asked on bus to board acft in same manner (but this doesn't seem to be enforced).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just going back to the whole EI widebody issue. We still haven't heard anything official from EI or IAG about this, despite rumours. Given:
- the continuous and large grown of t/a traffic
- the success of the "DubHub"
- the addition of new products such as the new J class (which takes up more space and reduces capacity)

I don't buy the idea that the 359 is too much aircraft for EI; sure the original was, but EI is going for the regional model with a reduced MTOW (which can still reach the west coast). Is it wise, given EI's growth over the next two years until the 359 was/is to join the fleet to limit growth potential by sticking with the same type pretty much indefinitely. Even the 359 will not provide a massive growth boost over the 330 (Finnair's A350s seat only about 26 more than the A330, an increase of only about 10%).

Maybe, given the type of growth EI should be targeting, we should be asking whether the capacity boost of the 359 is sufficient and whether the airline should be targeting the -1000 for its busiest routes?

Aer Lingus had a LIS-DUB flight 10 minutes lather at 10.30 and it got off the ground at 12.37, FR made a right mess and were pressured into scheduling a 00.20 service and the The Irish Embassy had to update passengers. Not the finest hour from FR.

OA260

Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:46 am

FR to announce its Winter routes from DUB next Thursday.

JAmie2k9

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:47 am

OA260 wrote:
FR to announce its Winter routes from DUB next Thursday.

Summer? Unless it's high frequency major airport routes.

They have already cut a little frequency on a number of winter routes and on many of the same EI have increased.
Last edited by JAmie2k9 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

usairways85

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:48 am

United pulled back the 772 EWR-DUB operation. It looks like it is mostly 763/764 and the 772 for 10 days in early March.

legoguy

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:49 am

kaitak wrote:

I had 12 relatives attempting to get home to Dublin from Lisbon yesterday. The mum and dad on the Aer Lingus flight (as mentioned, scheduled to depart 15 mins after the Ryanair flight but eventually got away after midday), and the remaining family members on the cancelled Ryanair flight. Just a complete and utter disaster.

They were eventually offered flights from Faro to Dublin at 7am the following day (Sunday) but at a cost of 3200 euros. After they paid, it was discovered that the Irish Embassy had got involved and managed to get Ryanair to put on an extra flight in the early hours of Sunday morning at 1am. However, Ryanair refused to issue anyone refunds who had booked on the Faro flight the following morning. Disaster in customer service is an understatement.
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

JAmie2k9

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:56 am

legoguy wrote:
kaitak wrote:

I had 12 relatives attempting to get home to Dublin from Lisbon yesterday. The mum and dad on the Aer Lingus flight (as mentioned, scheduled to depart 15 mins after the Ryanair flight but eventually got away after midday), and the remaining family members on the cancelled Ryanair flight. Just a complete and utter disaster.

They were eventually offered flights from Faro to Dublin at 7am the following day (Sunday) but at a cost of 3200 euros. After they paid, it was discovered that the Irish Embassy had got involved and managed to get Ryanair to put on an extra flight in the early hours of Sunday morning at 1am. However, Ryanair refused to issue anyone refunds who had booked on the Faro flight the following morning. Disaster in customer service is an understatement.

Aer Lingus put the A332 on the late FAO-DUB last night, I am thinking they managed to get some FR LIS-DUB passengers?

If they don't get the 3200 refunded sent an email off to a journalist and put them under pressure.

kaitak
Topic Author

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:38 pm

legoguy wrote:

It really should not come down to having to contact a journalist about this. Any half-decent regulator should be on to FR like a shot and INFORM THEM OF THEIR DECISION to make a full refund, with the added "incentive" of large per diem fines, on top of a significant initial fine for the distress and inconvenience they have caused passengers.

They have been in business 30 years and they carry more pax than any other international airline; this is very basic stuff. Low cost carrier or not, new "cuddly" FR or not, they have made a huge error here and they need to be reminded by their regulator (or the EU, if the IAA doesn't have the backbone or the interest to challenge them) that this kind of thing will not be tolerated.

They should not need anyone to tell them that if a flight is cancelled at the last minute, even due to circumstances beyond their control, they WILL make alternative arrangements for their passengers WITHOUT FURTHER CHARGE or they will face SIGNIFICANT fines until they do comply.

JAmie2k9

Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:59 pm

kaitak wrote:
legoguy wrote:

It really should not come down to having to contact a journalist about this. Any half-decent regulator should be on to FR like a shot and INFORM THEM OF THEIR DECISION to make a full refund, with the added "incentive" of large per diem fines, on top of a significant initial fine for the distress and inconvenience they have caused passengers.

They have been in business 30 years and they carry more pax than any other international airline; this is very basic stuff. Low cost carrier or not, new "cuddly" FR or not, they have made a huge error here and they need to be reminded by their regulator (or the EU, if the IAA doesn't have the backbone or the interest to challenge them) that this kind of thing will not be tolerated.

They should not need anyone to tell them that if a flight is cancelled at the last minute, even due to circumstances beyond their control, they WILL make alternative arrangements for their passengers WITHOUT FURTHER CHARGE or they will face SIGNIFICANT fines until they do comply.

Totally right it shouldn't but if they fail to give a refund it's the only way to publicly put pressure on them. Hopefully when some senior manager is back in the office tomorrow to take charge and get some prospective over what happened and do the right thing. I cannot believe it took the Irish Embassy to sort a lot of the problems out in Lisbon and get an extra flight scheduled.

OffalyAir

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:06 pm

Sorry to go way off topic here. Is there a change of policy here on the forums to not lock ongoing topic treads once they get much past 200 posts? Ivebeen reading this irish topic and others for years and the changes to the structure of the forum make following topics harder. At least with 200 approx posts it's somewhat manageable.

SQ22

Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:31 pm

Yes, no more general lockings after around 200 posts. In case you still want to want to get it locked and to start a new thread please make a request for delation and ask for starting a new thread and getting the old one unlocked.

nu

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:34 pm

Somebody mentioned that the Finnair DUB-HEL was going A319 for the winter. It was on Saturday last but various dates I look at for this winter still show the E90. Was there an official announcement and if not what is the likely position! Thank you
Aer Maighdean abu

JAmie2k9

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:47 pm

nu wrote:
Somebody mentioned that the Finnair DUB-HEL was going A319 for the winter. It was on Saturday last but various dates I look at for this winter still show the E90. Was there an official announcement and if not what is the likely position! Thank you

Some of the morning flights from end of October, it looks like they have changed the schedule again but Mondays are showing A319 scheduled at the minute. They had all morning ones showing a few weeks ago.

kaitak
Topic Author

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:53 pm

Anyone have an update on the arrival time of the new EI 330? (EI-FNG).

JAmie2k9

Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:03 pm

kaitak wrote:
Anyone have an update on the arrival time of the new EI 330? (EI-FNG).

DUB Spotters FB page suggesting 17.00 on Wednesday

tonystan

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:50 am

Just curious,

What's the future for the Irish group on anetters?

Now that there appears to be no need to lock and restart after 200 posts is there a plan to rename this particular one?
My views are my own and do not reflect any other person or organisation.

Eirules

Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:34 pm

tonystan wrote:
Just curious,

What's the future for the Irish group on anetters?

Now that there appears to be no need to lock and restart after 200 posts is there a plan to rename this particular one?

Personally I'd be of a view we continue as before and start a new thread ourselves. It's already difficult to contribute to the new site, especially as it keeps logging you out, without having to wade through hundreds of posts.

To be honest, I think there will be a decline in the general number of posts unless a specific topic or event occurs. We've already seen this over the past few months & though some of this may be due to less activity in the summer months, I personally contribute less because it's a pain in the arse to do so. But that's just my opinion

OA260

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:53 pm

Anyone can request a thread locked and new one set up. Maybe when we get to 300 posts we could do it as anything more is hard when using mobile phones/tablets etc...

I see no reason why Kaitak cant still do this if he still wishes to do so and the Mods are in agreement.

kaitak
Topic Author

Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:43 pm

Yes, I can certainly do that. If people are happy to move to a new thread when we get to c. 300, that's certainly possible.

Incidentally, quick question: some of my Jersey friends were wondering why some of the newer EIR ATR72s are being delivered all-white; one speculated that it was something to do with the Cityjet takeover, but the aircraft are still operating for EI.

Any ideas?

pompos

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:58 pm

Saw a nice surprise when I was flying out of T1 this Friday :D

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos