OA260

Re: Irish 10/16 - Summertime and the flying is easy ...

Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:23 am

shamrock604 wrote:
OA260 wrote:
pompos wrote:
Luckily, I arrived in Terminal 2 yesterday night. While not a queue like this, it still was much more packed than usually. Flying regularly between Ireland and the UK, I wonder why passengers of flights arriving from the UK have to go through passport control in Dublin? It's not the case when arriving in the UK and it would safe a lot of time for many many passengers.

The UK seem to honor their part of the agreement more then the Irish and we have had this discussion before. When they planned T2 they could have done what they did at T5 LHR and added a CTA corridor. There should also be a fast track arrival system for regulars where an annual subscription applies. With Mr Kenny crying about not wanting a hard border maybe he should start at his own side and sort the Airport out ;)

The British have quite some input into how immigration is run at Dublin and other Irish airports - you'll recall there were actually UKBA staff based at DUB for some time a couple of years ago. I'm sure we also have equivalent input in the UK as it is in effect a common border.

We are not dishonouring the agreement - you still do not need a passport to travel between the two, you simply have to state where you are arriving from, and if you are British or Irish, no further questions asked. The CTA only applies to Irish and British nationals, so if the British wanted to check everyone arriving from Ireland, they could, so long as IE and UK nationals are not required to show a passport. (A form of ID is sufficient in our case).

Re Mr Kenny crying, as an Irish person, I won't accept having to show a passport to travel within my own country. And with 83% in an RTE poll wanting a re-unified Ireland within their lifetime, I think quite a few would agree. Besides, all those unionists now acquiring Irish passports surely wouldn't wish to be inconvenienced either! ;-)

Re the queues, an automated solution in the form in of the E-border kiosks has been tested, so you'd imagine it will be rolled out before long. I say imagine, as this is of course an Government service we are talking about.... so perhaps by 2030.

Polls are often misleading. Whilst people may have a romantic idea of a United Ireland and in a poll its easy to say yes without comitting id say results would be against it. Austerity would follow and massive budget cuts in the South. Also Northerners would loose alot of perks. Its like saying Id love to do EK F Class around the world but when faced with the prospect of the bill Id decline ;)

Living in the border area and currently crossing it twice a day I know the mood on the ground amongst friends,colleagues and neighbours. Wont happen in my life time!

Cipango

Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:23 am

Miami wrote:
Operating profit rises 28% in first six months but group cuts planned capacity growth:

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/tran ... -1.2738631

So no new route(s)?

A post on here a few days ago indicated today was the day for an announcement.

Time will tell.
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.

JAmie2k9

Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:37 am

The routes are coming, would never of expected them with results. They will get their own event and will be surprised if it's not within next 2 weeks sort of time.

MIA from late May 17 and freq will be as most expect.

Over on boards it suggests the two aircraft due are months apart so might just be one for early 2017 and one late 2017.

LHRFlyer

Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:10 pm

Miami wrote:
Operating profit rises 28% in first six months but group cuts planned capacity growth:

So no new route(s)?

Investment plans for 2017 are being reviewed but I expect Aer Lingus will be the least affected.

BA is at a clear disadvantage due to Brexit uncertainty and the weakness of sterling. There are also seems to be excess capacity in Spain and clear weakness is Latin American economies.

kaitak
Topic Author

Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:07 pm

LHRFlyer wrote:
Miami wrote:

So no new route(s)?

Investment plans for 2017 are being reviewed but I expect Aer Lingus will be the least affected.

BA is at a clear disadvantage due to Brexit uncertainty and the weakness of sterling. There are also seems to be excess capacity in Spain and clear weakness is Latin American economies.

You never know, they might decide not to take EI's A350s - and let EI take them after all!

VFRonTop

Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:31 pm

kaitak wrote:
You never know, they might decide not to take EI's A350s - and let EI take them after all!

Now that'd be an interesting turn of events!

OA260

Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:41 am

kaitak wrote:

Indeed it would be a welcome move. ;)

shamrock350

Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:24 am

IAG 'more ambitious now' for Aer Lingus growth says Willie Walsh

IAG is more ambitious about growth at Aer Lingus now than it was when it bought it a year ago, chief executive Willie Walsh has told the Irish Independent.

He was speaking yesterday after IAG reported second quarter and first half results, which showed that operating profits at Aer Lingus in the first six months of the year soared from €4m to €42m. Revenue at Aer Lingus rose 2.8pc to €787m in the period.

IAG chief financial officer Enrique Dupuy described Aer Lingus as the "star" of the airline group.

http://www.independent.ie/business/iag- ... 24492.html

- A321LR under review by Aer Lingus management, how many years is that now? In fairness I'm guessing EI need to complete their own evaluation, present it to IAG and await their response before anything happens.
- Aer Lingus have the highest return on in investment within the group. Worth noting they also receive the smallest investment.
- Next round of transatlantic expansion to be announced in the Autumn... I think it's likely to be much sooner unless they count September as Autumn.

Shamrock350

Miami

Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:30 am

Aer Lingus likely to add two transatlantic services next year:

Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

airfinglas

Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:54 am

Returned from FAO yesterday on board EI495. The floor of the aircraft around my seat and the seats across the aisle was in a bit of a state with general debris and what looked like crushed biscuits. A real little mess. You could not miss it. What is the policy for aircraft cleaning at outstations?

shamrock350

Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:19 am

airfinglas wrote:
Returned from FAO yesterday on board EI495. The floor of the aircraft around my seat and the seats across the aisle was in a bit of a state with general debris and what looked like crushed biscuits. A real little mess. You could not miss it. What is the policy for aircraft cleaning at outstations?

Cleaning at outstations was stopped a while ago, either early this year or late last.

I was told by a member of cabin crew earlier this year that they were asked by management to be more vigilant during the flight for opportunities to keep the cabin tidy and to do a quick tidy during the turn around but that it was "impossible" and "unrealistic" to do so. Apparently this isn't correct and I recently read elsewhere that crew haven't been given any instruction by management to tidy the cabin themselves.

On the plus side, since Aer Lingus cut cabin cleaning at outstations they've seen their on time performance improve considerably, internally they've stated the DAA has placed them ahead of Ryanair at Dublin making them the airports most punctual airline a few months back.

airfinglas

Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:44 am

Thanks Shamrock350.

JAmie2k9

Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:42 pm

shamrock350 wrote:
airfinglas wrote:

Cleaning at outstations was stopped a while ago, either early this year or late last.

I was told by a member of cabin crew earlier this year that they were asked by management to be more vigilant during the flight for opportunities to keep the cabin tidy and to do a quick tidy during the turn around but that it was "impossible" and "unrealistic" to do so. Apparently this isn't correct and I recently read elsewhere that crew haven't been given any instruction by management to tidy the cabin themselves.

On the plus side, since Aer Lingus cut cabin cleaning at outstations they've seen their on time performance improve considerably, internally they've stated the DAA has placed them ahead of Ryanair at Dublin making them the airports most punctual airline a few months back.

FR have been pretty poor this summer at DUB and Aer Lingus a completely different carrier in terms of OTP.

Personally I would not fully put it down to not clearing aircraft but adding 5-10m in schedules here and there as well but somebody has done a good job. Aircraft returning particularly from Italy have more less gone from a certain daily delay of an hour + to more less on time for the majority.

JAmie2k9

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:53 pm

UA have done some more schedule changes and have increased B772 ops on EWR. Latest changes are:

B772 - 28 October - 29 November
B764 - 30 November - 15 December
B772 - 16 December - 15 February
B764 - 16 February - 27 February
B772 - 28 February - 13 March

2 daily B752 resume 14 March

usairways85

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:07 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
UA have done some more schedule changes and have increased B772 ops on EWR. Latest changes are:

Did UA operate 2x 752 in previous winters? This gauge increase surprises me. There are plenty of $400-600 ai roundtrip fares for the Nov-Mar timeframe so it would seem like the route doesn't need additional capacity. Hell, I'm about ready to book a few weekend trips to DUB.

JAmie2k9

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:24 pm

usairways85 wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

Did UA operate 2x 752 in previous winters? This gauge increase surprises me. There are plenty of $400-600 ai roundtrip fares for the Nov-Mar timeframe so it would seem like the route doesn't need additional capacity. Hell, I'm about ready to book a few weekend trips to DUB.

No a daily B752 service, they had planned to extend the summer 2nd daily B752 into winter after EI announced they would resume their daily EWR link from September. Some good fares around however not that much lower than last winter after Delta added A333 onto JFK.

Eirules

Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:04 pm

Is all this extra capacity on DUB-NYC justified? The upguage from 752-772 is significant & with EI adding EWR for this winter, there'll be an additional ~2500 seats/week to fill on top of the ~6000 seats there was last year
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

JAmie2k9

Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:17 pm

Eirules wrote:
Is all this extra capacity on DUB-NYC justified? The upguage from 752-772 is significant & with EI adding EWR for this winter, there'll be an additional ~2500 seats/week to fill on top of the ~6000 seats there was last year

Expect it will be filled quiet well and it's less than 100 extra seats per flight for UA who are a carrier that always carry high loads on the B752 year round. It will be EI who may see yield slide if they can't get bums on seats because they are adding capacity to EWR, ORD abd LAX over last winter. Slightly lower fares may stop some still going via LHR and possibly increased transit traffic.

OA260

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:21 pm

airfinglas wrote:

I have seen that on a number of flights various routes even short hops. All you need is a bunch of kids or dirty adults and some areas of the cabin can easily get trashed! Amazing how some people treat shared spaces.

OA260

Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:43 am

Travel chaos for Irish holidaymakers at Cork Airport following fuel leak

Ryanair flight FR-1402 was preparing for departure to Tenerife shortly after 1.00pm when the crew reported a technical issue

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-ne ... rk-8541223

OA260

Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:43 am

A US Congressman has written to the European Commission outlining his objections to the operation of proposed new transatlantic flights from Cork and Shannon to Boston, operated by Irish-based airline Norwegian Air.

It is the latest intervention in the long-running saga over plans by the airline to provide cheap flights to the United States.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0803/806575 ... -airlines/

cc47

Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:01 pm

Four Irish passengers onboard this morning's EK521 landing incident in DXB
http://www.thejournal.ie/dubai-plane-2907512-Aug2016/

aerdingus

Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:28 pm

RRTrent wrote:
I had a quick trip over to LHR on Friday with EI to go to Farnborough. I stepped off the shuttle bus from the car park at 5:45am and at 6:07am I was buckling my seatbelt, that must be a record.

Got delayed in LHR on the way back, I'm guessing it was a tech issue as the aircraft was on stand on time. It didn't bother me at all tho and I just sat with a coffee staring out the window in T2. If your going to be delayed, LHR isn't a bad spot to spend an hour or so. The flight back was on EI-FNJ which still has the Vueling cabin and I'll be honest... its more comfy that the EI offering, I'm 6ft and had plenty of legroom. Once gripe I have is it took an hour to board on the way back.

I don't fly EI as much as I'd like, but all in all another very good experience flying them.

I thought that the VY cabins were the most cramped in Europe...I've seen people squished with me own eyes...that's really weird (and great) that you were comfy. One hour boarding?! Must have been new crew or something.
A306 A313 A319 A320 A321 A333 A346 A359 ATR42 ATR72 B734 B737 B738 B744 B772 B789 C152 MD80 RJ85 S340

tonystan

Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:39 pm

aerdingus wrote:
RRTrent wrote:
I had a quick trip over to LHR on Friday with EI to go to Farnborough. I stepped off the shuttle bus from the car park at 5:45am and at 6:07am I was buckling my seatbelt, that must be a record.

Got delayed in LHR on the way back, I'm guessing it was a tech issue as the aircraft was on stand on time. It didn't bother me at all tho and I just sat with a coffee staring out the window in T2. If your going to be delayed, LHR isn't a bad spot to spend an hour or so. The flight back was on EI-FNJ which still has the Vueling cabin and I'll be honest... its more comfy that the EI offering, I'm 6ft and had plenty of legroom. Once gripe I have is it took an hour to board on the way back.

I don't fly EI as much as I'd like, but all in all another very good experience flying them.

I thought that the VY cabins were the most cramped in Europe...I've seen people squished with me own eyes...that's really weird (and great) that you were comfy. One hour boarding?! Must have been new crew or something.

I must admit I was extremely uncomfortable on this particular aircraft the other week going to LHR. I'm 6ft and found the A319s a squeeze but this was almost intolerable even for such a short flight and I was in row 5 which if it was to have a pinch more space it would have been towards the front.
My views are my own and do not reflect any other person or organisation.

OA260

Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:16 pm

aerdingus wrote:
RRTrent wrote:

The VY cabins are infamous for their tight pitch. Exit row is the only way to get a tolerable experience sadly.

ClassicLover

Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:29 pm

Could Aer Club be coming in September? SuperValu had signs up saying their Real Rewards programme was announcing big changes on 12 September. Any link do you think?
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

RRTrent

Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:57 am

aerdingus wrote:
I thought that the VY cabins were the most cramped in Europe

tonystan wrote:
I must admit I was extremely uncomfortable on this particular aircraft the other week going to LHR.

OA260 wrote:
The VY cabins are infamous for their tight pitch. Exit row is the only way to get a tolerable experience sadly.

Is there a Y class in Europe that isn't cramped? I'm 6ft and sitting straight in my seat I had a good 2 inches between my knees and the back of the seat in front. I naturally sit up straight anyway, maybe most people don't and if you slouch a little then your going to lose that 2" quite quickly.

I don't know, I just found it a nicer environment than the actual EI cabin and didn't have an issue with legroom or seat pitch or what not. Maybe I'll have a different view after a 3hr flight.

aerdingus wrote:
One hour boarding?! Must have been new crew or something.

I think it was a combination of things; full flight, the gate agents scanned every boarding card, passport and took a photos of all passengers (I was asked not to smile), every bit of carry on was checked for size. It all adds up in the end.

OA260

Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:07 am

Ryanair cuts flights from City of Derry Airport to London

Ryanair is to reduce the number of flights it operates from City of Derry Airport to London Stansted this winter.

The Irish airline said it plans to cut its weekly service to London from seven down to six. The change will come into effect from 30 October.

City of Derry Airport said it understands the move has been made because of the budget airline's financial results and growth plans.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ire ... t-36939013

OA260

Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:18 am

Resurgent' Cork Airport upbeat as passenger numbers take off

The growth, an increase of 8pc over the same period in 2015, comes on foot of a number of new routes and increased capacity at the airport.

In recent months, Cork has launched services to Dusseldorf, Madrid, Nantes and La Rochelle, although Norwegian's planned transatlantic services have yet to take off due to fierce opposition from aviation unions and other interests in the US.

Some 2.24 million passengers are expected in 2016 - a figure which, if reached, will represent a growth of some 240,000 on the previous year.

"We expect the upward trend to continue," said Kevin Cullinane, the airport's Head of Communication, who said time spent developing new routes was beginning to pay off with "real growth" for both inbound and outbound markets.

http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/t ... 35970.html

Eirules

Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:27 pm

Despite reports of less than stellar bookings & a lacklustre advertising campaign, AC to YVR is in the schedules for next summer again. Must have done better than thought

chrisnh

Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:56 pm

I know in Boston we're eager to see the new Cork service and clearly the issue of 'labor laws' is what is at stake here. How do people over in Ireland view this? Are most for or against approving this Norwegian service?

Also, it appears as though 'Flying a Flag of Convenience' is a sore spot for many, even though in the cruise business ships are registered under all sorts of 'convenient' flags.

grommitt

Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:37 pm

Eirules wrote:
Despite reports of less than stellar bookings & a lacklustre advertising campaign, AC to YVR is in the schedules for next summer again. Must have done better than thought

Long time reader but first time commenter here!

I was on the YVR-DUB/DUB-YVR last month and loads were pretty high on both legs with only a handful of empty seats on the plane on the way back to the Pacific Northwest. I agree that the advertising hasn't been great, but it was good enough for me to drive 2 hours north and use AC Rouge for a direct flight back to Dublin instead of taking a flight/connection out of SEA!

I am particularly interested to see if DL decides to look into a DUB route from SEA as I'm not convinced EI will start a service. Only problem to this idea is that DL have repeatedly said they won't expand international traffic out of SeaTac until better arrival facilities exist. Guess someone should remind them of DUB US pre-clearance means arrival at a domestic gate?

A60Stock

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:59 pm

grommitt wrote:
Eirules wrote:

Long time reader but first time commenter here!

I was on the YVR-DUB/DUB-YVR last month and loads were pretty high on both legs with only a handful of empty seats on the plane on the way back to the Pacific Northwest. I agree that the advertising hasn't been great, but it was good enough for me to drive 2 hours north and use AC Rouge for a direct flight back to Dublin instead of taking a flight/connection out of SEA!

I am particularly interested to see if DL decides to look into a DUB route from SEA as I'm not convinced EI will start a service. Only problem to this idea is that DL have repeatedly said they won't expand international traffic out of SeaTac until better arrival facilities exist. Guess someone should remind them of DUB US pre-clearance means arrival at a domestic gate?

I got into a debate with someone who claimed to be in AC when I told him the news from Ireland was that the YVR route was not faring so well. He told me that the average load factor was something ridiculous like 97% - but I am very glad to see that Ireland's only direct link with the Pacific Northwest will continue for another season at least.
Types flown: A319, A320, B734, B738, B744, B77W and E195.
Airports flown to/from: DUB, JFK, LGW, LHR, LIS, LTN, PDL, SEN and STN.
Airlines flown with: AA, BA, BD, BE, EI, and FR.
Next flights: W9 LTN - SVG - LTN
Home Airport: LHR

JAmie2k9

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:45 pm

Had a chat with a few people at the airport there is more improving for YVR to meet it's full potential and be a long term successful service and part of that is Air Canada getting the fact the direct route exists out in Ireland. Loads are very good overall however there are some flights with what I would call "poor" Y loads given the time of year. Rouge Premium carries very good numbers.

As I say plenty to improve on in 2017 however I don't think there was really any questions about the route not returning.

Remember this is the only direct T/A route with Rouge out of YVR so Air Canada will have done the maths quiet well as I expect it wasn't a decision taken likely as for example adding another European city from YYZ or YUL would be a safer option.

A60Stock

Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:04 am

Speaking of YUL, that one surely must rear its head soon for consideration by either EI or AC Rouge (name whichever airline you think is more likely). As discussed here and elsewhere, it is poorly served from Dublin with only one A310 a week during the summer.

Also, I am intrigued as to find out what ever became of the mooted EI A320 service to YHZ? I know I ask this every year, but is there much chance of either EI or WS providing a more substantial service than offered at present?
Types flown: A319, A320, B734, B738, B744, B77W and E195.
Airports flown to/from: DUB, JFK, LGW, LHR, LIS, LTN, PDL, SEN and STN.
Airlines flown with: AA, BA, BD, BE, EI, and FR.
Next flights: W9 LTN - SVG - LTN
Home Airport: LHR

OA260

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:05 am

YVR was slow at the start but picked up. Still some dates that are hard to shift but generally this will be a route that will perform better in year 2.

-----

Pilots gave $140,000 to US politician opposing Norwegian Air plan
Union opposing Irish-based airline’s transatlantic plans funded congressman Peter DeFazio

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/tran ... -1.2746718

------

DAA refutes pilot union claims on planned T2 bus facility

A plan by Dublin Airport to introduce bus facilities aimed at reducing aircraft congestion at Terminal 2 has been appealed by the Irish Airline Pilots' Association to An Bord Pleanála.

The pilots' union (IALPA) claims the plan is "fraught with safety compromises".

The controversial bus facility would enable the DAA to introduce remote stands at T2, allowing passengers to be bussed to aircraft positioned away from T2. The terminal, opened in 2010, suffers from congestion at peak times.

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 42831.html

Eirules

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:23 am

I saw a post on Twitter from Dublin airport that over a third of passengers on the new EI flights to LAX are transfer passengers. Good news in itself but is 70% O&D sustainable?

stratocruiser

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:36 am

A60Stock wrote:
Speaking of YUL, that one surely must rear its head soon for consideration by either EI or AC Rouge (name whichever airline you think is more likely). As discussed here and elsewhere, it is poorly served from Dublin with only one A310 a week during the summer.

Also, I am intrigued as to find out what ever became of the mooted EI A320 service to YHZ? I know I ask this every year, but is there much chance of either EI or WS providing a more substantial service than offered at present?

Would have thought YUL could be introduced by EI using a 757 perhaps 3 or 4 times a week. That 757 could be made available by replacing the 757 on the YYZ service by an A330 3 or 4 times a week, thus also giving a boost to the YYZ route.

As for YHZ, I too am surprised that EI haven't tried this with an A320 - Surely there would be a significant market potential for that route from DUB with both O&D and transit traffic to justify at least a few flights a week?

OA260

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:41 am

Eirules wrote:
I saw a post on Twitter from Dublin airport that over a third of passengers on the new EI flights to LAX are transfer passengers. Good news in itself but is 70% O&D sustainable?

As with SFO they needed this on LAX to make it work. Marketing connections Via DUB is an ongoing process which is why its important for the sales teams at HQ to be out there on the road both in Ireland and their European network getting the deals done and closer relationships with trade partners and tour operators. There is certainly more scope to be explored.

JAmie2k9

Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:26 pm

EI service to YYZ is planned for a daily A330 next summer, the B752 was the right aircraft for the route as when it started loads are not great for a time and they had to do lots of discounting fares. Has picked up now so now is the right time for the upgrade if it happens.

stephenbgs

Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:14 pm

Hi everyone very long time lurker on this forum first time poster so go easy on me :)

I have a quick question about the load Factors on EI 183 and EI 249. With the frequency of flights between DUB and London is there a market for a later flight. I often had the desire to go to some of the Champions League matches but there is no return flights the same night.I can only guess that the load factors on the last flights of the day are low? Has there ever been later flights from London

JAmie2k9

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:25 pm

stephenbgs wrote:
Hi everyone very long time lurker on this forum first time poster so go easy on me :)

I have a quick question about the load Factors on EI 183 and EI 249. With the frequency of flights between DUB and London is there a market for a later flight. I often had the desire to go to some of the Champions League matches but there is no return flights the same night.I can only guess that the load factors on the last flights of the day are low? Has there ever been later flights from London

I really don't think EI could really make it work and profitably, current late/evening flights are usually cheaper most of the time.

AmricanShamrok

Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:48 am

I see UA is upguaging its EWR-LIS route from 752 to 763 following on from the previously reported upgauge of EWR-DUB. I wonder if we'll see them put a larger aircraft on EWR-SNN next summer. It's no secret that SNN is one of UA's better performing "secondary" European destinations in peak season.

I flew UA66 (ORD-SNN) on Friday and the load factor was 100% in both classes; from keeping an eye on seat maps, it seems to be performing better in terms of loads this summer than last.

kaitak
Topic Author

Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:54 am

Two interesting snippets of news:

http://investor.ryanair.com/traffic/
Ryanair became the first airline ever to carry over 11m pax in one month. That's worth thinking about - an Irish carrier, 30 years in business (and 20 years since its "rebirth" as a lo-co, has done what it has taken the US majors 80+ years (and several mergers) to do. Say what you like about them (and we do!), but it's an amazing achievement. As you can see from the attached, load factors are excellent and month on month, traffic figures are ranging from 16-28% ahead this year, vs. 2015. It really is an astounding achievement!

Another story concerns the recent conversion of JetBlue A32X options to the A321-NeoLR and the possibility that some of these might be used for transatlantic flights; of course, they could be used for HNL flights as well, but many in the aviation media are speculating that t/a flights are more likely. With EI still waiting for IAG's green light to order the A321NeoLR, it's going to have quite a competition on its hands; B6 is well known (and respected) in the NE of the US and it's almost inevitable that any plan to fly t/a will include Ireland.

propchaser

Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:41 pm

The UA flight from EWR to DUB this morning was operated by 767-400

cc47

Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:17 pm

Dublin Airport is the fastest growing major European Airport
http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2016/08 ... rt-growth/

OA260

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:48 am

RAF tornado jets could shoot down hijacked planes in Irish airspace

British Tornado fighter jets will shoot down aircraft in Irish airspace if they are hijacked by terrorists for a 9/11-style attack.
The Department of Defence has refused to comment on claims by a number of Irish Examiner sources that an agreement was reached some years ago between the Irish and British governments about protecting this country’s airspace from terrorist threats.

Five well-placed sources in Ireland and one in Britain have pointed to the agreement being in place, with a number saying the Defence Forces was not involved in negotiating it, despite the RAF asking for its inclusion.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/ra ... 14646.html

JAmie2k9

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:20 pm

Cork had a 14.4% increase in commercial movements in July and this is when x3 daily LCY route didn't operate so quiet positive and hopefully they can reduce the impact with the extra FR/EI bucket and spade winter schedules and extra EIR services.

iRISH251

Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:38 pm

OA260 wrote:

British Tornado fighter jets will shoot down aircraft in Irish airspace if they are hijacked by terrorists for a 9/11-style attack.
The Department of Defence has refused to comment on claims by a number of Irish Examiner sources that an agreement was reached some years ago between the Irish and British governments about protecting this country’s airspace from terrorist threats.

If you are quoting such an (inaccurate and speculative) media report it might be better to present the whole thing as a quotation rather than fact. The RAF's Tornado interceptors were retired in 2011, for a start.

OA260

Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:44 am

iRISH251 wrote:
OA260 wrote:

If you are quoting such an (inaccurate and speculative) media report it might be better to present the whole thing as a quotation rather than fact. The RAF's Tornado interceptors were retired in 2011, for a start.

I quote the article and link as I ALWAYS do so if you feel that strongly then email the editor ;) Hope you understand !

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos