Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

acentauri

Re: Emirates possible future U.S. destinations?

Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:08 am

Miami wrote:
acentauri wrote:
Miami wrote:
My guess would be EWR, DTW, and MIA/FLL (most likely MIA)

PHL, I don't see because QR is struggling. And ATL has enough with QR and TK, IMO.

If PHL's "struggling" - which is your theory, this surely doesn't support the route's demise:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... perations/

PHL is by far QR's worst performing US route. It's no secret.

Your typical hyperbole is underwhelming. Show me the source, which indicates that QR's Financial performance at PHL is worse than any other U.S. city and please don't refer me to Loads.

Miami

Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:45 am

acentauri wrote:
Miami wrote:
acentauri wrote:
If PHL's "struggling" - which is your theory, this surely doesn't support the route's demise:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... perations/

PHL is by far QR's worst performing US route. It's no secret.

Your typical hyperbole is underwhelming. Show me the source, which indicates that QR's Financial performance at PHL is worse than any other U.S. city and please don't refer me to Loads.

Buddy, let's not go there. Face the fact that it is. Whether you like it or not.

Btw, not sure who you think you are to say "your typical".
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

ChristopherS

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:53 am

People are saying SJC, but with the daily A380 already coming into SFO that's very unlikely. The only reason I could think of that would be if AS could drag them there, as SJC is a focus city for them. However, considering they bought VX and will have a major influence in SFO, that's even more unlikely.
319, 320, 738, MD80

SCQ83

Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:03 am

I am surprised so little love for Denver.

Metropolitan area on the rise (Denver now usually topping the best quality of life in the US), large airport, no competition from ME3/TK and the mountains and places like Aspen are popular for Middle Eastern tourists.

Dubai-Denver might be surprising (like Dubai-Orlando back in the day) but after a while we would get used to it.

klm617

Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:35 am

SCQ83 wrote:

Metropolitan area on the rise (Denver now usually topping the best quality of life in the US), large airport, no competition from ME3/TK and the mountains and places like Aspen are popular for Middle Eastern tourists.

Dubai-Denver might be surprising (like Dubai-Orlando back in the day) but after a while we would get used to it.

There is a lot of love for Denver you have an airport with two airline hubs and LH,FI and BA plus United international flights. Try living in Detroit with an airport that gets NO love. With Delta as our hub carrier it's like a controlling wife bossing a sheepish husband around. We have no hope of getting any substantial new flights other than the odd one a day Spirit or Frontiers adds
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

flyDTW1992

Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:36 am

fsafsx wrote:
Emirates should add flint to dubai that can take away detroit passengers.

I...uh...

What?
Now you're flying smart

migair54

Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:27 pm

What I have heard from very sources is that soon SFO will to double daily and possibly MCO will go to A380 at least seasonally, it's doing quite good, ATL is the number one in the list, but because DL made so much noise lately, EK is letting things to cool down before starting, so I won't be surprise if they delay a bit.

I think MIA won't happen soon because right now they have MCO in Florida but It could be in the list for the future, Detroit has been always a destinations with good links to ME region, so I think DTW will be a destination soon with B77L, EK is upgrading AKL to A380 in October so maybe we can see soon something new.

So my guess is, ATL, DTW and EWR.

I would love to see a LAS flight, I think it could work also.

Ytraveller

Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:59 pm

migair54 wrote:
I would love to see a LAS flight, I think it could work also.

QR is already planning LAS-DOH.

ojas

Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:17 pm

EWR, PHL, ATL, DTW, AUS, DEN.
Great leaders don't tell you what to do ... they show you how it's done!

migair54

Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:42 pm

ojas wrote:
EWR, PHL, ATL, DTW, AUS, DEN.

QR was also planning to do non-stop AKL flight and Emirates did before, actually I think QR even announce, so who knows what's going to happen maybe QR is just waiting to do something similar back.

777PHX

Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:58 pm

ANA787 wrote:
[*]
BoeingGuy wrote:
Amazingly, no-one has said PDX yet. I can see that before some of the others mentioned.

Way before some of the mentioned. DEN? Really? What partnership/Alliance going to feed DEN-DXB? DEN is a star alliance hub. Last time I checked EK was not in the star alliance. At least at PDX they would get plenty of feed from partner AS.

If EK is so intent on capitalizing on their partnership with AS, why wouldn't you just feed them through to the SEA flights?

I know everyone on this website seems to think PDX is some sort of commercial aviation golden goose, but I don't see three daily EK flights between PDX and SEA happening.

MaRoFu
Topic Author

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Not surprised if Qatar cancels PHL... Wonder if they will return to EWR...
Airports I have been to:
DFW, EWR, IAH, JFK, LAS, LGA, MCO, MIA, NRT, ORD, PHL, PHX, SEA, SLC, YTZ, YYZ

lavalampluva

Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:18 pm

klm617 wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:

There is a lot of love for Denver you have an airport with two airline hubs and LH,FI and BA plus United international flights. Try living in Detroit with an airport that gets NO love. With Delta as our hub carrier it's like a controlling wife bossing a sheepish husband around. We have no hope of getting any substantial new flights other than the odd one a day Spirit or Frontiers adds

DTW gets plenty of love. It's the primary international hub for DL from the Midwest. MSP flies to more domestic destinations and has more seats offered but flies to fewer international destinations. Year round service includes LH to FRA, AF to CDG, they even have year round flights to AMM. Basically be glad for what you have. You could be MKE. *wink*
Remind me to send a thank you note to Mr. Boeing.

787fan8

Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:27 pm

PHL could use some love foreign carrier-wise, but then again it's sandwiched between JFK and IAD, so it's lack of love somewhat makes sense.
Atlanta is an incredibly cool city - Andrew Lincoln

Future Auburn graduate

acentauri

Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:05 pm

PHL NLT 1st Qtr 2017.
By that time, QR will have rescheduled PHL to support connections to the Indian continent and get significantly better connecting support from AA.

Cipango

Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:52 pm

flyDTW1992 wrote:
fsafsx wrote:
Emirates should add flint to dubai that can take away detroit passengers.

I...uh...

What?

Sounds like a hometown dreamer.

They mentioned the same on the WOW Air next US Destinations thread that service to Flint was a rumour...

viewtopic.php?t=1337387
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.

Ytraveller

Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:08 am

lavalampluva wrote:
DTW gets plenty of love. It's the primary international hub for DL from the Midwest. MSP flies to more domestic destinations and has more seats offered but flies to fewer international destinations. Year round service includes LH to FRA, AF to CDG, they even have year round flights to AMM. Basically be glad for what you have. You could be MKE. *wink*

Not to mention lots of service to Asia: PEK, NGO (only nonstop between NGO and the US IIRC), ICN, PVG, NRT

GSPFlyer

Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:27 am

Ytraveller wrote:
NGO (only nonstop between NGO and the US IIRC)

From the mainland U.S., yes. DL and JA do both fly NGO-HNL.

AirFiero

Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:26 am

I could see SJC, presumably for connecting traffic to India and other destinations in south east Asia for high tech business. But do we think there's room for that, or has BA and LH sucked up all that traffic, not to mention Hunan and the coming Air China?

Is Emirates getting the 787 or A350?

MaxTrimm

Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:32 am

If not MIA, LAS would be my guess. I'm sure there has to be a bunch of wealthy DXB area residents that could spend a weekend in Vegas and blow all of their money.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos