ariis
Topic Author

LO to repaint Dash 8's soon

Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:35 pm

LOT will soon repaint their fleet of Bombardiers from current Eurolot livery to LOT original. At least according to some travel review article I have found. And no, 'soon' is not precisely defined.

Below is the proposed livery as shown in the article (note the incorrect reg, unless they plan to re-register them, but I think it's only the artist who paid little attention):

Eurolot livery looks quite cool IMO (especially the subtle logo underneath the wing), but livery unification is a logic step. Still leaves me wondering when will all the remaining old (cheat-line) LO livery planes finally be modernized (not talking about the beautiful retrojet, of course).

Cheers!

EDIT: Check out the belly logo! I have almost missed it.
FAO - Flight Activities Officer

mke717spotter

Re: LO to repaint Dash 8's soon

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:18 pm

I was wondering when this was finally going to happen. Does LO still have plans to order medium sized planes (737) for service within Europe?
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

ariis
Topic Author

Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:02 pm

I think they need to make their existing fleet (and operations) profitable first before ordering anything new. But the fact is that they have a significant capacity gap between E195 and their Dreamliners (they do fly three 734's to date though).

Recently they have recorded their first profit in years but they still need to be very careful with investments. Btw, they will start flying WAW-ICN effective coming October.
FAO - Flight Activities Officer

stlgph

Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:40 pm

LOT has an ambitious little plan to double the size of their fleet within ten years.
And good for them. I flew them in April and have to say I did enjoy the experience.
If they're going to jump on the eastern European market, the time to do is now or they'll just fall farther behind from Wizz.

A return of Warsaw-Hanoi and Krakow-Chicago may be down the road, with following in the footsteps of the phrasing of the original poster, "down the road is not defined."
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

hoya

Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:03 am

stlgph wrote:
A return of Warsaw-Hanoi and Krakow-Chicago may be down the road, with following in the footsteps of the phrasing of the original poster, "down the road is not defined."

Any long-haul from KRK is very unlikely, as the runway is apparently too short for the 787. There was talk of KTW-ORD/JFK (even a possible weekly GDN-ORD/JFK) a few years ago when there was a different CEO. It was all from an interview with the CEO at the time in one of the Polish newspapers, around 2012 or 2013 I think.
Hoya Saxa!!

stlgph

Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:11 am

grab some shovels and start digging.
the biggest hindering item is LOT is only going to be up to 8 787's next year, with two daily to O'Hare, two daily to Kennedy, Toronto plus their interest in heading to Asia now, they'll need to get their hands on at least one or two more anyway.

no matter what, it will be interesting to see what LOT looks like in say 10, maybe even 5 years.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos