Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Cointrin330
Topic Author
Posts: 2268
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:23 pm

American Eagle E-175 Fleet

Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 am

Recently flew roundtrip LGA to CMH and back on American Eagle on the E-175. Very pleasant experience overall. Really nice planes (have flown the E-170/75 on DL and UA previously, but first time on AA). Had a question about the fleet. They seem to have quite a number now operating for various Eagle partners. Does anyone have the history and build-up of the fleet and any info on the reliability (dispatch)? My flight to CMH departed on time and my return, the next day, on a Sunday, departed 11 minutes early. Really awesome rides.
 
User avatar
hufftheweevil
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:08 am

Re: American Eagle E-175 Fleet

Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:41 am

Republic as US Airways Express - 2007
Republic as American Eagle - 2013 (at first, separate fleet than above; but now combined)
Envoy - 2015
Compass - 2015

So they're all fairly new, except for the ex-USX ones. And all of the E170s that were from USX are retired, only 175s remain.

I don't have any numbers on reliability, but speaking from only watching their operation at PHL, it's not fantastic or anything. MTC issues are frequent, crews are tight, and cancellations are high on bad weather days. Remarkably, there was one day a couple of weeks ago that I noticed they had 100% D-0 (on-time departures) at PHL. But that was extremely rare. Again, no numbers to back this up, but I'd guess their average OTP is down around 75%.
Huff
 
User avatar
Boeing778X
Posts: 3268
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: American Eagle E-175 Fleet

Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:41 pm

Cointrin330 wrote:
Recently flew roundtrip LGA to CMH and back on American Eagle on the E-175. Very pleasant experience overall. Really nice planes (have flown the E-170/75 on DL and UA previously, but first time on AA). Had a question about the fleet. They seem to have quite a number now operating for various Eagle partners. Does anyone have the history and build-up of the fleet and any info on the reliability (dispatch)? My flight to CMH departed on time and my return, the next day, on a Sunday, departed 11 minutes early. Really awesome rides.


We love our new E175s! Passengers love them, and I, as an FA personally love working on them.

Republic has a bunch of older ones as well as some with the new winglets.

Compass has 20 (200-219)
Here at Envoy we have 17 of 40, with options for 90. The general consensus is that MQ will eventually replace all their E145s with E175s in the not so distant future.

The E175, along with the CRJ-900, are the new standard of regional flying!
United Airlines: $#!ttin' On Everyone Since 1931
 
commavia
Posts: 11489
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:30 am

Re: American Eagle E-175 Fleet

Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:50 pm

The 175s are awesome. I've flown on them now with Delta, United and AA and AA's (at least the new Republic ones) are really nice inside. I haven't yet had the opportunity to fly on one of the brand new Envoy jets, but I'm sure they're great, too. AA needs to get more and more of these as soon as possible - and happy to see Envoy getting the flying and apparently doing really well operationally with them.
 
miaskies
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:08 am

Re: American Eagle E-175 Fleet

Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:50 am

E175's have been blessing for AA.

Slight corrections regarding YX/Republic for American Eagle E-Jets:

E170 - legacy US Express - fleet total = 20
2 are back in service, 18 more are being refurbished and will be back in service for American Eagle as of late October 2016. So no, they are not retired.
Configuration: 9F / 4Y MCE / 56Y - all configured with Gogo Internet

E175 v1 - legacy US Express - fleet total = 40
2 are being refurbished, 38 active in service right now. Majority are painted under the new Eagle livery.
Configuration: 8F / 4Y MCE / 68Y - all configured with Gogo Internet
*Refurbishing will start to bring these planes up to the current v2 E175 seating with more MCE, more F, and bring the plane to standards per scope clause.

E175 v2 - post merger American Eagle - fleet total = 50 / options for 47
*this is the new E175 that YX/Republic launched for AA as American Eagle in August of 2013 from ORD
*Half of these aircraft are EOW configured (Extended Overwater) which allows Republic/American Eagle to fly farther over the seas from places like MIA making routes like MIA-FDF, MIA-LRM, MIA-BAQ, MIA-PTY, MIA-PTP, MIA-ROA, MIA-LIR much easier to do. The EOW aircraft all have single chamber universal life vests under every seat for every passenger.
Configuration: 12F / 16Y MCE / 48Y - all configured with Gogo Internet

YX/Republic - American Eagle Fleet Totals:
E170 = 20
E175 = 90
Total of Ejets flying for American Eagle as YX: 110

*NEW: American Shuttle YX 175 routes to launch from LGA, DCA, and BOS in November 2016. Using the new v2 E175

*American Eagle/YX 175 bases: LGA, PHL, DCA, MIA, PIT, CMH, IND, ORD, MCI
*Rumored Eagle YX 175 bases (with weight!): CLT and tri-airport NYC base LGA/JFK/EWR
Crosscheck Complete :)
 
Cointrin330
Topic Author
Posts: 2268
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: American Eagle E-175 Fleet

Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:36 am

Very cool. Thanks everyone for the info. I knew L-US had them among the regionals operating for them. I was surprised at how large the fleet had become across the combined US/AA merged airline.
 
alasizon
Posts: 2667
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: American Eagle E-175 Fleet

Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:41 am

miaskies wrote:
E170 - legacy US Express - fleet total = 20
2 are back in service, 18 more are being refurbished and will be back in service for American Eagle as of late October 2016. So no, they are not retired.
Configuration: 9F / 4Y MCE / 56Y - all configured with Gogo Internet


Where do you get this info from? As far as I was aware, the 170s were shed in the current bankruptcy and there are no plans to bring them back. Which two do you show as active as I haven't seen an E70 in the system anywhere and I see zero scheduled departures on them today
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
miaskies
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:08 am

Re: American Eagle E-175 Fleet

Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:59 am

alasizon wrote:
miaskies wrote:
E170 - legacy US Express - fleet total = 20
2 are back in service, 18 more are being refurbished and will be back in service for American Eagle as of late October 2016. So no, they are not retired.
Configuration: 9F / 4Y MCE / 56Y - all configured with Gogo Internet


Where do you get this info from? As far as I was aware, the 170s were shed in the current bankruptcy and there are no plans to bring them back. Which two do you show as active as I haven't seen an E70 in the system anywhere and I see zero scheduled departures on them today


170's were "not shed" from bankruptcy, simply strategic moves; no way these were going anywhere. Schedules for Fall for AA are uploaded already, simply look up LGA-YYZ on November 7th for example - bingo! 2 active birds are in Philly and do sub runs for MX 175. We took one out last week on PHL-PVD. All will be back in service by end of October into November as stated. I am based in LGA, already got the memo - all major LGA markets will be 175 or a mix of 170/175, mid-size smaller markets will be 170 (ie Memphis, Cinci).
Crosscheck Complete :)
 
alasizon
Posts: 2667
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: American Eagle E-175 Fleet

Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:12 am

miaskies wrote:
alasizon wrote:
miaskies wrote:
E170 - legacy US Express - fleet total = 20
2 are back in service, 18 more are being refurbished and will be back in service for American Eagle as of late October 2016. So no, they are not retired.
Configuration: 9F / 4Y MCE / 56Y - all configured with Gogo Internet


Where do you get this info from? As far as I was aware, the 170s were shed in the current bankruptcy and there are no plans to bring them back. Which two do you show as active as I haven't seen an E70 in the system anywhere and I see zero scheduled departures on them today


170's were "not shed" from bankruptcy, simply strategic moves; no way these were going anywhere. Schedules for Fall for AA are uploaded already, simply look up LGA-YYZ on November 7th for example - bingo! 2 active birds are in Philly and do sub runs for MX 175. We took one out last week on PHL-PVD. All will be back in service by end of October into November as stated. I am based in LGA, already got the memo - all major LGA markets will be 175 or a mix of 170/175, mid-size smaller markets will be 170 (ie Memphis, Cinci).


I'm sorry, but whatever memo you received appears to be very wrong. As someone with access to the AA schedules, I can tell you nothing past October has been loaded into Res, what is physically for sale in November on onward are placeholders subject to change (which almost half the scheduled equipment and flight numbers will change). As far as the 2 active birds, it seems like they are only MX subs and not actual active aircraft that are being used on a regular basis for scheduled flights that are supposed to be E70s. Looking at November specifically, Republic does not serve CVG at all and the YYZ frequencies internally are showing as E75s, not E70s. I can understand that YX may want those E70s to come back but they are gone and they have been announced that way internally at AA on the Eagle side with no mention of them ever coming back. If they do come back, I'm glad for everyone at YX but I'm pretty sure AA internally would know long before YX internally would know if they plan to bring the E70s back.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
ba319-131
Posts: 8313
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2001 1:27 pm

Re: American Eagle E-175 Fleet

Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:23 am

The AA a Eagle 175's are a nice ride, no problem riding on these birds at all - even the CR9's are ok, just lacking on over head locker space.
111 732 733 734 735 736 73G 738 739,7M8 BBJ 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 764 772 77L 773 77W L15 D10 D30 D40 AB3 AB6 312 313 318 319 320 20N 321 21N 332 333 342 343 345 346 359 351 388 CS1 CS3 I86 154 SSJ CRJ CR7 CR9 CRK 145 170 175 220
 
User avatar
hufftheweevil
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:08 am

Re: American Eagle E-175 Fleet

Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:42 pm

miaskies wrote:
2 active birds are in Philly and do sub runs for MX 175. We took one out last week on PHL-PVD.


I don't know what you were flying last week, but it wasn't a 170. And there are none here in PHL. All 170s have been grounded for the past 2 weeks at least (that's as far back as I can check in the system).

Are you sure you're not confusing the pmUSX E175s with the brand new pmAE E175s that have 45 degree winglets?
Huff

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos