• 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
 
Planeflyer
Posts: 1443
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:49 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:47 am

Besides the fact that captain z signed off just before turning south is there other evidence that definitively clears the co- pilot of wrongdoing?

Btw, I'm discounting circumstantial evidence provided by the airline or the Malay government.

It's clear Somebody piloted the aircraft. z seems to be the obvious choice but it's good to have some red force thinking( I'm
Not inviting a rehash of the conspiracy theories here).
 
aw70
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:20 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:24 am

Spyhunter wrote:
Responding to 777 Jet, jamming can be problematic - garbled or interrupted radio calls are entirely consistent with jamming, which is not always 100% effective. Sometimes the jammer is slow to follow changes of frequency, indeed rapid changes of frequency is one way to defeat it, if only temporarily, particularly if the new frequency is well away from the one being jammed. It is far from clear, but it does appear that the pilots were trying to declare an emergency.


Civilian comms don't frequency hop, though - what you describe only makes sense in a purely military setting. And even allowing for inverse square fall-off (that is, the fact that localised jamming need not be all that powerful, if the jammer is close to the target), jamming several civilian ATC frequencies in a busy area like SEA would hardly go unnoticed.
 
gzm
Posts: 364
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:31 am

For a mystery to exist,at least three different factors are needed working together,otherwise we would know by now. You can't take one (the pilot) out and say he did it all himself. How do you know without the black boxes? I am sure we have got it all wrong....
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:17 am

Planeflyer wrote:
is there other evidence that definitively clears the co- pilot of wrongdoing?

Well, if the canary turns up missing and the only two who were in the room with the canary were the cat and the gerbil I don't think anyone would need to spend much time on the gerbil.

That's pretty much a parallel to what we have here. Zaharie was the only one with the capability, both the knowledge of the 777 and the in depth knowledge of the Malaysian ATC and air defense systems: he had been a fighter pilot for the MAF for many years before transitioning to the civilian world and he was an aviation junkie, he flew aerobatic planes in his time off. He was just the guy to orchestrate the climbing turn which put the 777 at the very edge of its performance envelope, providing the means of killing all those in the passenger compartment in a few short minutes, and he was just the guy to know how to evade Malaysian, Thai and Indonesian scrutiny as he piloted the 777 along FIS boundaries out past MEKAR and then beyond Indonesian airspace where 9MMR0 turned south into the Southern Ocean. It is important to remember here that Zaharie had created a similar if not identical flight plan on his home flight simulator. Zaharie had the motive in spades, Fariq had no motive, he was rooted in the establishment as much as Zaharie was rooted in opposition to the establishment. Zaharie's life was coming unglued with Anwar being neutralized as a potential political savior for the country in general (in Zaharie's eyes) and for Zaharie in particular. Zaharie was entering a divorce, Faraiq was engaged to be married.

And Zaharie was the captain, he had the power to order Fariq to the rear of the plane.
 
User avatar
enzo011
Posts: 1707
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:12 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:00 am

777Jet wrote:
gzm wrote:
I see that 777Jet has found a loyal supporter. Now there's two of them...


Only two now? I always knew you didn't read these threads properly. Take your time; it's not that difficult.

At least I neither support, nor are supported by, somebody convicted of being in possession of indecent images of children and bomb hoaxes. Can't say the same about you.



Its very sad that any thread on MH370 will be a continuation of the previous one. I am afraid it is nothing more than posters trying to prove they are correct and attacking any posts that doesn't fit with their own. Maybe its time to just take a break, we all know the viewpoints of the respective posters that post a lot on this subject. Point scoring (which will happen if the aircraft is found and we learn what happened) doesn't show anyone in the best light when people are still in pain about their loved ones who were on the flight.

I will say again, waiting to find out for more information to get confirmation with facts what happened doesn't mean an attack on your position that the captain did it.
 
User avatar
Spyhunter
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:23 am

In response to 777 Jet, yes the comms could have been disabled, but the evidence is that there was a garbled radio transmission. Captain Shah's motive for diverting the plane, committing suicide and murdering his passengers is slim to say the least. His last transmission was entirely routine and displayed no signs of stress.

The jamming was clearly localised. The kill-zone, on the boundary between two ATC zones, was well-chosen. Few other aircraft were in the area at the time.

I wasn't suggesting military-style frequency hopping, but manual selection of a new frequency. If you suspect jamming you should quickly go to a frequency as far removed from the one being jammed as possible and assume that you have at best 30 seconds before the jammer catches up.

Since the Trent is air-breathing at least we can rule out 9M-MRO disappearing into space!

One piece of evidence I have not emphasised is the heavy fuel slick observed near the flight-path. This is consistent with an SSK sub-smash, which on my analysis is what happened. It was not JET-1, which is light and disperses, and there was no nearby surface vessel, including a fishing boat, which could account for the fuel, which was clearly diesel. Had a surface vessel been in the area it would have seen what happened of course, bearing in mind it was a clear night with good visibility and MH370 would have been displaying her navigation lights up to the DP.

To recap, over the SCS we have:

(1) radical manoeuvres consistent with evasive manoeuvres
(2) a garbled radio message consistent with an attempt to get a Mayday call out
(3) diesel fuel on the surface consistent with a sub-smash
(4) a piece of floating aircraft debris ID'd by computer analysis as coming off a 777
(5) Vietnamese ATC treating the incident as an emergency from the get-go
(6) A US AEGIS destroyer within radar range and
(7) three eye-witnesses saying the aircraft crashed in flames.
 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Posts: 1513
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:30 am

I kindly ask you to keep out your emotions and continue discussing the topic. If this thread is turning into a "I am right and your are wrong no matter waht you say" thread it will be locked.
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6977
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:00 am

Spyhunter wrote:

To recap, over the SCS we have:

(1) radical manoeuvres consistent with evasive manoeuvres
(4) a piece of floating aircraft debris ID'd by computer analysis as coming off a 777
(7) three eye-witnesses saying the aircraft crashed in flames.


1 - Do you really think the crew were looking out of the windows at roughly 1:30 am and spotted an incoming missile? Seriously?

4 - That is a lie. You could to spin that lie. You know it's a lie because in your MS804 interview on YouTube, at the 8:00 mark, you use terms such as "my understanding" and "my information". Despite being asked dozens of times, you have failed to back up your claim. Again, that is a lie and you know it. It never happened. You made up that point and you will continue to not provide any evidence on that point. Dismissed. Nothing from a 777 was ever spotted in the SCS, and more importantly, nothing from a 777 has washed up on any of the land around the SCS area which is much closer to land than the SIO crash zone. That's another point you fail to address.

7 - Provide links to all three. We all know about the NZ oil rig worker. He seems legit but we don't know what condition he was in at that time. He certainly never said he saw the aircraft crash in flames. Then there is the eyewitness in the sailboat on the other side of the Peninsula, so if it was shot down over the SCS then they must have been wrong.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6977
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:12 am

enzo011 wrote:
Maybe its time to just take a break, we all know the viewpoints of the respective posters that post a lot on this subject. Point scoring (which will happen if the aircraft is found and we learn what happened) doesn't show anyone in the best light when people are still in pain about their loved ones who were on the flight.


Perhaps if you had a loved one, or two, on that flight you would feel differently about taking a break. Let me assure you that those with loved ones on flight MH370 don't take a break.

As for point scoring, you mean like how pihero and a dozen or so other highly respected members did after successfully predicting the cause of a crash (AF447) and then telling the forums how they were correct??? That's what I thought you meant ;)
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 8952
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:34 am

To be honest there is no point in trying to outmanoeuvre any anti aircraft missile with a 777. The 777 is too big and way too g limited to achieve anything but breaking up in the process. I would also doubt that any airline pilot would recognize a SAM as such. Especially not when flying over the open ocean.
 
Deanger
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:15 pm

I had a question - and have tried to look through the threads for an answer. I can guesstimate an answer but I'd rather just ask it. Since I don't pretend to understand the political situation during the time of this disappearance...

My question is - if this were an act of protest (albeit a brutal, egomaniacal one) in which the pilot deliberately disappeared the plane, but DID leave some kind of message or statement, is it possible the government he was protesting simply decided that message needed to disappear? Please note, I'm not saying this happened. I'm just trying to understand to what extent one can trust any investigation into the pilot. Because, when one examines the knowns (of which there are precious few) of this disappearance, the most glaring inconsistency to the "the pilot did it because he wanted to make a statement" is... he didn't make a statement. He didn't write, "You make good people disappear. I'll show the world what you do to your own people. You'll never find me... blah blah blah..."

Absence of evidence is not evidence. But motive is important if you're going to accuse someone of mass-murder. So what's the motive of VANISHING as opposed to CRASHING? It is to become the most famous flight in history (because somehow you find that exciting)? Is it to make a point about vanishing as a political act?

There is a difference between being clever about WHEN you decide to crash your plane (I wait til I'm alone in the cockpit, I wait til I'm with a person I can overcome, I wait 'til the person I want revenge against is on the plane)... versus being incredibly thoughtful about choosing to make the plane DISAPPEAR.
 
User avatar
TheFlyingDisk
Posts: 1904
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:43 pm

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Deanger wrote:
My question is - if this were an act of protest (albeit a brutal, egomaniacal one) in which the pilot deliberately disappeared the plane, but DID leave some kind of message or statement, is it possible the government he was protesting simply decided that message needed to disappear? Please note, I'm not saying this happened. I'm just trying to understand to what extent one can trust any investigation into the pilot. Because, when one examines the knowns (of which there are precious few) of this disappearance, the most glaring inconsistency to the "the pilot did it because he wanted to make a statement" is... he didn't make a statement. He didn't write, "You make good people disappear. I'll show the world what you do to your own people. You'll never find me... blah blah blah..."


It benefits the government in question to have the pilot portrayed as a crazed lunatic acting on behalf of the opposition as it would help them get rid of a thorn on their side. So if there is a message they'd be advertising its existence from day one. It defies logic that they are reticent to push the whole "the pilot did it" scenario from day one when doing so benefits them immensely.

In all honesty I do not think that the pilot had left any written message or statements. In his mind, whatever happens after the disappearance is his statement.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6977
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:00 pm

Deanger wrote:
My question is - if this were an act of protest (albeit a brutal, egomaniacal one) in which the pilot deliberately disappeared the plane, but DID leave some kind of message or statement, is it possible the government he was protesting simply decided that message needed to disappear?


One variant of the Captain did it scenario includes a possible failed negotiation between Z and somebody on the ground - a negotiation relating to politics / Anwar. If such a negotiation failed and the loss of a plane with 238 others on board was the outcome then that could definitely be something that a government would want to cover up. How would the government look if they came out and said "We thought he was bluffing. We were wrong. Sorry!" - not too good. Anyway, I doubt that happened, but such a failed negotiation can't be ruled out and would partly explain the awkward and cover up type behaviour of the Malaysian government after MH370. It might also explain why they haven't gone after Z, epically if their decision resulted in the outcome.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:16 pm

Deanger wrote:
if this were an act of protest (albeit a brutal, egomaniacal one) in which the pilot deliberately disappeared the plane, but DID leave some kind of message or statement, is it possible the government he was protesting simply decided that message needed to disappear?

When we look at all the lies, omissions and misleading statements that have come out of Malaysia regarding MH-370, we have to consider it a certainty that they would have withheld and covered up any message from Zaharie, had he attempted to leave one behind.

Deanger wrote:
So what's the motive of VANISHING as opposed to CRASHING?

While it's impossible to know for certain, it seems to me that if the plane was to have disappeared into thin air (as it appears was intended) the event would have gotten even more worldwide attention than it already has. It also seems to me that such a thing would have great appeal to a Machiavellian mind.

Deanger wrote:
Is it to make a point about vanishing as a political act?

Although it's just a "what if", that's an interesting theory, as in what if he had left a message behind focused on missing people or even money.
 
aw70
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:20 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:34 pm

Spyhunter wrote:
The jamming was clearly localised. The kill-zone, on the boundary between two ATC zones, was well-chosen. Few other aircraft were in the area at the time.


Except this is not how jamming works. You can't localise a RF jamming attack that well, at least not if you want to also make sure your victim can't call for help (which is seemingly being implied here). Basically, jamming means drowning out any transmissions the target might be making or receiving via much stronger transmissions of your own. And given the kind of attack you are stipulating, there is a difference between being able to ruin the capability of the victim to receive, and to take them offline entirely (that is, to also render them unable to transmit).

Making sure that an airliner flying overhead (you are assuming an attack carried out from ground level, right?) can't hear ATC anymore is the comparatively easy bit: all you need is very strong RF beamed in the general direction of the a/c, from the ground up where you are. Chances are this will render ATC inaudible on board the a/c, if you hit the right frequency, and transmit the right sort of nasty trash: usually noise, but there are also fancier options. In any case, the goal is that the jamming signal will totally drown out the comparatively much weaker original ATC transmissions. This is not that hard to pull off, as you are in direct line to the victim, and fairly close as well. With a properly directional and narrow-beam emitter, you do not need exorbitant power levels to do this.

But if you are at sea level, and want to jam the transmissions an airliner flying at cruise altitude is making towards ATC receivers that are likely below the horizon from your viewpoint (!), you would have to drop an entirely different amount of R/F energy into the ether. Basically, your job turns into trying to drown out what the ATC stations are receiving from the aircraft... while you yourself are actually beneath the horizon from the viewpoint of the receiver you are trying to stop from hearing the aircraft. And that ATC receiver probably has the aircraft in line of sight (or only very narrowly beneath the horizon).

Is such an attack still doable? In principle, yeah, sure. RF is not line of sight only, and electronic warfare kit can do quite amazing things. And the transmissions from the a/c are not directional towards the ATC receiver, either (hence dispersed, and not that powerful). However, physics being what it is, I see absolutely no way to completely zap the comms of a selected airliner... from the ground... in what is still a densely populated region of the world... with no one noticing any anomalies in the wider area around where you are pulling this off. Especially not if you are attacking from the ground, and have to brute force this. If you had the freedom to use carefully placed airborne EW assets, you might considerably reduce the power signature of such an attack. But it would still not go unnoticed. No way.

Spyhunter wrote:
I wasn't suggesting military-style frequency hopping, but manual selection of a new frequency. If you suspect jamming you should quickly go to a frequency as far removed from the one being jammed as possible and assume that you have at best 30 seconds before the jammer catches up.


I would be very surprised indeed if a civilian airliner pilot who is facing a strange comms failure would suspect jamming as the reason from the get-go. At least not if they are flying in an area that is generally considered totally safe and free from direct conflict. I guess the first minutes of any such event would be spent trying to find out what is wrong with the on-board radios, and not trying to frequency hop.
Last edited by aw70 on Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6977
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:25 am

Spyhunter wrote:
To recap, over the SCS we have:

(1) radical manoeuvres consistent with evasive manoeuvres


What evidence supports your above claim? Radar data?

I'm just curious because if you use selective parts of radar data to support your radical / evasive maneuvers claim, but then dismiss the rest of the radar data that indicates that same plane flew back across the Peninsula, it shows that you are only using the evidence that fits your scenario whilst dismissing the rest. Those in the rogue pilot / human intervention camp don't need to resort to such questionable methods. Again, you are basically implying that "the first portion of the radar data that indicates possible radical maneuvers is correct because it supports my scenario, but the rest of the radar data is no good or has been faked because it undermines my scenario"... Just saying.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 8952
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:18 am

The jamming theory has 2 problems.

1. 121.5 - International Air Distress (IAD)

They would need to jam this frequency which is monitored by every airliner, radar station, tower,... Imho it is next to impossible that the jamming would not have been picked-up by other planes.

2. The ELT

Once the plane hits the water or breaks up, the ELTs will transmit an emergency signal on 406mhz and 121.5mhz. The 406mhz frequency is monitored by satellites and I dare say that an area with as much traffic as the SCS will have constant coverage.
 
User avatar
zeke
Posts: 14174
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:42 pm

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:27 am

SQ22 wrote:
I kindly ask you to keep out your emotions and continue discussing the topic. If this thread is turning into a "I am right and your are wrong no matter waht you say" thread it will be locked.


I wish the thread was locked. The contents of the official factual report in large are being ignored and we have a lot of posts which fail to back up their claims.

There is no evidence at all the MH370 or AF337 were hit be missiles as claimed in this thread.

There is no evidence to show that a door from a 777 was found in the South China Sea, transported to Boeing and identified as coming from MH370.

This site is becoming the laughing stock of the aviation community with they way unfounded claims are being let go unchallenged on this thread.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News
 
PlanesNTrains
Posts: 9526
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:42 am

aw70 wrote:
Spyhunter wrote:
I would be very surprised indeed if a civilian airliner pilot who is facing a strange comms failure would suspect jamming as the reason from the get-go. At least not if they are flying in an area that is generally considered totally safe and free from direct conflict. I guess the first minutes of any such event would be spent trying to find out what is wrong with the on-board radios, and not trying to frequency hop.


I believe the idea is that they were tipped off to the radar jamming by the incoming missile. Normal, everyday stuff apparently. [sarcasm off]
-Dave


MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.
 
aw70
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:20 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:55 am

seahawk wrote:
1. 121.5 - International Air Distress (IAD)

They would need to jam this frequency which is monitored by every airliner, radar station, tower,... Imho it is next to impossible that the jamming would not have been picked-up by other planes.


This. THIS. Jamming 121.5 - perfectly doable. But jamming it with no one noticing... nope, we are talking about a physical impossibility there, sir.

seahawk wrote:
2. The ELT

Once the plane hits the water or breaks up, the ELTs will transmit an emergency signal on 406mhz and 121.5mhz. The 406mhz frequency is monitored by satellites and I dare say that an area with as much traffic as the SCS will have constant coverage.


This is less clear-cut, IMHO. If the ground impact is hard enough, ELTs have been known to fail. Especially at sea, where a really fast surface impact leads to everything getting more or less pulverised first, with the debris sinking to the seabed in short order. No ELT signal in that case.
 
User avatar
Spyhunter
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:08 pm

Responding firstly to 777 - I am not suggesting that the missile itself would have been visible, only the exhaust trail, which on a dark,clear night like March 8/9 2104 would show up very brightly. It would have been visible on my analysis only to the first officer.

The wreckage floating in the SCS was clearly aircraft wreckage - it not from MH370, where did it come from? The evidence cannot be dismissed that lightly. I repeat that Boeing have not denied my assertions, first made in March 2014, that they ID'd the wreckage from the photos as coming from a 777. Non-denial is important in intelligence work.

History is littered with examples of failed military and political leaders and police detectives who could not handle intelligence. You will rarely get an audit trail - sorry, but that's the way it works. I worked on two operations (recovering stolen funds underpinning the euro and the McCann kidnap) where people were taken out. Releasing raw data costs lives and exposes capabilities.

I am not of course exposing anything the Good Guys have been up to - only the Bad Guys!

Fair points by aw70 about jamming. In fact the jamming of the transmitter was not fully successful. The jamming would have come from powerful ECM kit on the Kilo. There may also have been an airborne jammer, in which case the problems of jamming the transmitter are eased - I do not know what other Chinese assets were in the area.

Good point re 121.5 - this would have been jammed as well. There is in fact no reporting of a successful 121.5 transmission over the SCS that night.

It would indeed be unreasonable to expect Captain Shah to have assumed that coms difficulties were due to jamming. That's why airline pilots need to be alerted. The ELTs probably did not survive the high-energy impact at a steep angle with the ocean. I don't think the eyewitnesses saw the plane crash in flames - I think what they saw was the missile exhaust trail and warhead detonation. They would not have been thinking in terms of a SAM strike.

Evasive manoeuvres would indeed be difficult in a 777, hence the importance of early warning and breaking missile lock by exercising EMCON. Once in terminal guidance mode the aim is to survive warhead detonation if you can - you aren't going to beat the missile, unless it runs out of fuel or you are close to land and it has to be detonated to avoid debris being recovered.
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6977
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:01 pm

Spyhunter wrote:
Responding firstly to 777 - I am not suggesting that the missile itself would have been visible, only the exhaust trail, which on a dark,clear night like March 8/9 2104 would show up very brightly. It would have been visible on my analysis only to the first officer.

The wreckage floating in the SCS was clearly aircraft wreckage - it not from MH370, where did it come from? The evidence cannot be dismissed that lightly. I repeat that Boeing have not denied my assertions, first made in March 2014, that they ID'd the wreckage from the photos as coming from a 777. Non-denial is important in intelligence work.


Poor Fariq! His first 777 flight without a check pilot supervising him, and he sees a missile exhaust trail at 1:30 am coming towards the plane. Did he tell Z and Z flew the plane like a F-15, or did Fariq just do the maneuvers himself. I find this story fascinating!

Non-denial is important in intelligence work you say? Diego GarCIA never denied the plane landed there. None of the Stans denied the plane landed there. China never denied the plane landed there. I can't recall any country denying they have the plane... Do you see where this is going? As others have said, Boeing is not in the business of responding to claims made by somebody on the Internet.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388
 
PlanesNTrains
Posts: 9526
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:46 pm

Spyhunter, it'd be interesting if you actually started at the beginning of the sequence of events and laid them out from start to finish so that we can have the full picture. For example, the parties involved, their positioning, their interests, how they coordinated, why only the FO saw the missile trail, why this flight, how Inmarsat got it wrong, who was in control of all that data tampering, how the debris was concealed in the SCS, who placed it in the areas it's been found, why Boeing is not yelling at the top of their lungs or even just mentioning passively that a piece of plane was in the SCS, and I guess most of all - why this whole, elaborate conspiracy took place that night and how long in advance was it planned?

The individual details are interesting, if fanciful, but the entire story - start to finish - would be helpful for a greater understanding.
-Dave


MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:57 pm

zeke wrote:
This site is becoming the laughing stock of the aviation community with they way unfounded claims are being let go unchallenged on this thread.
There has been actual news regarding MH-370 trickling out over the last few months. There is no reason to squelch conversation about MH-370 news; besides somebody would just start another thread which would soon wind up looking just like this one.

Wouldn't it make more sense to move the single poster who is trolling the forum along his followers to a new forum where they can entertain each other without trashing this actual MH-370 thread? Just because some of the site's posters want to have fantasy discussions about utter nonsense doesn't mean that this forum has to be trashed.

There was a similar side show in the original thread where a "NAV30" was able to generate hundreds of meaningless posts and counter posts about more or less the same nonsensical premises as this latest troll. But back then there were many more actual MH-370 posts taking place which had the effect of keeping the nonsense to the background; now the childish James Bond BS is usually front and center.

I agree that this kind of nonsense would make the site the laughing stock of the aviation community if anyone really noticed the current content of this thread. And it certainly lowers the bar for what kind of content is encouraged or tolerated here.
 
User avatar
teme82
Posts: 1332
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:38 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:59 pm

SQ22 wrote:
I kindly ask you to keep out your emotions and continue discussing the topic. If this thread is turning into a "I am right and your are wrong no matter waht you say" thread it will be locked.

It is heading to that! So do lock this thread!
Flying high and low
 
PlanesNTrains
Posts: 9526
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:15 pm

teme82 wrote:
SQ22 wrote:
I kindly ask you to keep out your emotions and continue discussing the topic. If this thread is turning into a "I am right and your are wrong no matter waht you say" thread it will be locked.

It is heading to that! So do lock this thread!


It's not so much that as it is just trying to get "people" to back up their musings with something other than fantasy. When someone continually claims things to be facts yet doesn't have any proof of it, they're going to get called out for it, as they should.

I think what the mod's are looking for is civil discourse, not no discourse.
-Dave


MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 8952
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:25 pm

Spyhunter wrote:

Good point re 121.5 - this would have been jammed as well. There is in fact no reporting of a successful 121.5 transmission over the SCS that night.


You can only jam a a VHF band by overloading it with false signals. So if you jam VHF guard, every receiver listening into the frequency will hear your jamming.
 
gzm
Posts: 364
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:50 pm

This thread is a best-seller with the second best attendance in the whole Civil Aviation forum.Why lock it? "If Colisseum falls,Rome will fall". Guys,don't fall into the trap that some people fell in the Greek edition of Airliners. I have seen that before and it has been a disaster.
 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Posts: 1513
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Flight MH370 was flown into water, says expert...

Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:02 pm

Thread became highly speculative and will be locked.
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos