Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

KarlB737
Topic Author

Frontier To Start Punta Gorda-Chicago Service

Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:27 pm

After several searches I could not locate anything on this specific new route by Frontier. I find this interesting in that PGD is primarily an Allegiant airport so for another airline to add service is interesting. Also doesn't PGD lack jetways for their airline passengers. I wish Frontier luck with this new service to ORD which should be if all goes well a significant addition for PGD.

Courtesy: Aviation Pros

Frontier To Start Punta Gorda-Chicago Service

"Service for Chicago O’Hare and Philadelphia will begin Oct. 30, with scheduled flights on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays; Trenton service will start Oct. 31 with flights on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays:

8:15 a.m. Chicago O’Hare to Punta Gorda; 1:10 p.m. Punta Gorda to Chicago O’Hare
4:20 p.m. Philadelphia to Punta Gorda; 8:10 p.m. Punta Gorda to Philadelphia
6 a.m. Trenton to Punta Gorda; 10:15 a.m. Punta Gorda to Trenton"

http://www.aviationpros.com/press_release/12236659/frontier-to-start-punta-gorda-chicago-service

FWAERJ

Re: Frontier To Start Punta Gorda-Chicago Service

Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:35 pm

KarlB737 wrote:
After several searches I could not locate anything on this specific new route by Frontier. I find this interesting in that PGD is primarily an Allegiant airport so for another airline to add service is interesting.

What's even funnier is that five years ago, G4's presence at PGD was a three-city winter seasonal presence, and Direct Air dominated PGD. Neither airline had overlapping routes, and G4 didn't base aircraft there year-round until right after Direct Air turned out to be Enron Public Charter Travel Service.

So basically, F9 is once again making PGD a two-airline airport without overlapping routes. And it's not like PGD is unknown in Chicago's northern suburbs, as G4 flies RFD-PGD.
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350

CIDFlyer

Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:05 am

FWAERJ wrote:
So basically, F9 is once again making PGD a two-airline airport without overlapping routes. And it's not like PGD is unknown in Chicago's northern suburbs, as G4 flies RFD-PGD.

Allegiant though is beginning TTN-PGD also. But thats the only overlapping route. Wonder if F9 will grow more there? Seems odd to split routes between RSW & PGD.

Jerseyguy

Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:47 am

CIDFlyer wrote:
FWAERJ wrote:

Allegiant though is beginning TTN-PGD also. But thats the only overlapping route. Wonder if F9 will grow more there? Seems odd to split routes between RSW & PGD.

Yeah, I think Frontier will add services at PGD if TTN/PHL/ORD works well. Though I would consider G4s PIE and SFB service competing with F9 in TPA and MCO. TTN really needs to start moving on the new terminal, although they will be doubling the size of the baggage claim, adding a canopy from baggage to the front entrance for weather and adding bathrooms in the baggage area, this should be done by the time Allegiant arrives.

enilria

Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:37 am

Discussed a week ago when it was announced. 3rd post in thread.

viewtopic.php?t=1338840