Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
2travel2know2
Posts: 2962
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:36 pm

juanchito wrote:
globalcabotage wrote:
Hoping for ORD-GUA at least once a month.


Saturday flights from by UA will work fine.

Juanchito
If UA has an aircraft in GUA overnight, good thing would be to fly it GUA-ORD red-eyes and swap it with an ORD-GUA red-eyes Saturday-Sunday nights December/January.
Same would probably work for SJO weekends but most likely year-around.
I'm not on CM's payroll.
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:03 pm

globalcabotage wrote:
Hoping for ORD-GUA

It would work fine, at least on a weekly basis.
United started the IAD-GUA weekly service in 2013, but it didn't operate on a year-round basis. Furthermore, it's no longer in service.
I put more information about the old AV SAL-GUA-ORD service with 320, in my reply number 51.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:15 pm

2travel2know2 wrote:
If UA has an aircraft in GUA overnight, good thing would be to fly it GUA-ORD red-eyes and swap it with an ORD-GUA red-eyes Saturday-Sunday nights December/January.
Same would probably work for SJO weekends but most likely year-around.



UA had been flying ORD-SJO in 2013 and 2014 seasonally. I just checked this flight on the system and found nothing for 2017.
On the contrary, the UA IAD-SJO sector looks like consolidated based on its thrice a week service.
Chicago doesn't seem a bulky market for Central America, in terms of the point to point traffic.
On the other hand, CM PTY-ORD goes from 7x to 1x weekly from June 11th.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
User avatar
yellowtail
Posts: 3938
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:46 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:39 pm

SJOtoLIR wrote:
2travel2know2 wrote:
UA had been flying ORD-SJO in 2013 and 2014 seasonally. I just checked this flight on the system and found nothing for 2017.
On the contrary, the UA IAD-SJO sector looks like consolidated based on its thrice a week service.
Chicago doesn't seem a bulky market for Central America, in terms of the point to point traffic.
On the other hand, CM PTY-ORD goes from 7x to 1x weekly from June 11th.

Regards.


Seems like pretty much everything from ORD to Central America has been struggling, it is hard for UA etc to command the revenue premium needed for the nonstop, when the other carriers are undercutting their pricing via ATL, MIA, etc. As for ORD SJO. Costa Rica has so much excess capacity right now that there has to be some sort of rationalisation to create a new floor from which to grow again.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:06 pm

SJOtoLIR wrote:
globalcabotage wrote:
Hoping for ORD-GUA

It would work fine, at least on a weekly basis.
United started the IAD-GUA weekly service in 2013, but it didn't operate on a year-round basis. Furthermore, it's no longer in service.
I put more information about the old AV SAL-GUA-ORD service with 320, in my reply number 51.

Regards.


IAD-GUA is seasonal

Juanchito
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:26 pm

Recap of 2016, in terms of the regional civil aviation.
Frequencies have been displayed as weekly services.


February 01: EK DXB-PTY. 7x 77L Delayed
February 28: UA DEN-PTY. Frequencies vary. END
March 02: LH FRA-PTY. 5x 343. NEW
March 26: TP LIS-BOG-PTY-LIS 3x. END
March 29: IB MAD-GUA-SAL-MAD 343 to 332
March 31: EK DXB-PTY 7x 77L Postponed to 2017
April 04. VU SAL-MGA. 3x NEW
April 12: WN LAX-LIR 7x. NEW
April 26: WS YYZ-SJO 2x. NEW
May 02: G2 CCS-SJO, 3x 735. NEW
May 04: TK IST-PTY-BOG-IST 3x 332, 777 mix. NEW
May 04: BA LGW-SJO 2x 777. NEW
June 21: CM PTY-HOG 2x E90. NEW
June 28: CM PTY-CIX 2x E90. NEW
June 30: CM PTY-PBC 4x to 2x. END
July 31: CM PTY-VSA. END
September 02: NK IAH-[MGA/SAL/SJO]. END
September 06: FC CLO-BLB. NEW
October 29: WS YYZ-BZE. 2x 737. NEW
November 02: AF CDG-SJO 2x, 77W. NEW
November 07: DE MUC-PUJ-SJO 1x, 763. NEW
November 15: 9N BZE-CTM 3x. NEW
December 01: Wingo P5 PAC-SJO 4x, 73G + P5 PAC-SJO-GUA 3x, 73G. NEW
December 01: Q6 SJO-GUA 14x, 320. NEW
December 22: TS YYZ-MGA. 1x. 738. NEW
December 22: AC YUL-SJO 2x. NEW

Special message: Merry Christmas and happy 2017 to all the posters and readers who are following this board throughout the year ! :santahat:
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:35 am

Starting January 15, Veca will adjust it timetable

Finally GUA pax can connect to MGA
One of the Airbus will overnight in GUA and the other in SAL

VU 1113-Guatemala-------9:15 a. m.------El Salvador-----10:05 a. m.-----Domingo - Viernes
VU 1335-El Salvador-----10:55 a. m.-----Managua---------11:55 a. m.-----Domingo - Viernes
VU 1225-El Salvador-----11:05 a. m.-----Costa Rica------12:26 p. m.-----Domingo - Viernes
VU 1226-Costa Rica------1:40 p. m.------El Salvador-----3:00 p. m.------Domingo - Viernes
VU 1336-Managua---------2:10 p. m.------El Salvador-----3:10 p. m.------Domingo - Viernes
VU 1114-El Salvador-----4:00 p. m.------Guatemala-------4:50 p. m.------Domingo - Viernes

Juanchito
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:38 am

Tomorrow Dec 27 Volaris CR will start selling tickets from SJO-SAL
Flights will start Feb 20th
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:40 am

Nice summary
No news from the flight DXB-PTY.

SJOtoLIR wrote:
Recap of 2016, in terms of the regional civil aviation.
Frequencies have been displayed as weekly services.


February 01: EK DXB-PTY. 7x 77L Delayed
February 28: UA DEN-PTY. Frequencies vary. END
March 02: LH FRA-PTY. 5x 343. NEW
March 26: TP LIS-BOG-PTY-LIS 3x. END
March 29: IB MAD-GUA-SAL-MAD 343 to 332
March 31: EK DXB-PTY 7x 77L Postponed to 2017
April 04. VU SAL-MGA. 3x NEW
April 12: WN LAX-LIR 7x. NEW
April 26: WS YYZ-SJO 2x. NEW
May 02: G2 CCS-SJO, 3x 735. NEW
May 04: TK IST-PTY-BOG-IST 3x 332, 777 mix. NEW
May 04: BA LGW-SJO 2x 777. NEW
June 21: CM PTY-HOG 2x E90. NEW
June 28: CM PTY-CIX 2x E90. NEW
June 30: CM PTY-PBC 4x to 2x. END
July 31: CM PTY-VSA. END
September 02: NK IAH-[MGA/SAL/SJO]. END
September 06: FC CLO-BLB. NEW
October 29: WS YYZ-BZE. 2x 737. NEW
November 02: AF CDG-SJO 2x, 77W. NEW
November 07: DE MUC-PUJ-SJO 1x, 763. NEW
November 15: 9N BZE-CTM 3x. NEW
December 01: Wingo P5 PAC-SJO 4x, 73G + P5 PAC-SJO-GUA 3x, 73G. NEW
December 01: Q6 SJO-GUA 14x, 320. NEW
December 22: TS YYZ-MGA. 1x. 738. NEW
December 22: AC YUL-SJO 2x. NEW

Special message: Merry Christmas and happy 2017 to all the posters and readers who are following this board throughout the year ! :santahat:
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:38 pm

juanchito wrote:
Tomorrow Dec 27 Volaris CR will start selling tickets from SJO-SAL
Flights will start Feb 20th


Flights will be operated daily with A320
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
User avatar
yellowtail
Posts: 3938
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:46 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:06 am

juanchito wrote:
Nice summary
No news from the flight DXB-PTY.


Unlikely to start anytime in the near future.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.
 
User avatar
LTU932
Posts: 13726
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:34 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:39 pm

Here's a more technical question: I live south off SYQ and usually when aircraft depart RW 07 in SJO and do the initial almost 360 right turn, they fly right over my house and visible from my window. As I'm settling in after moving back to Pavas, I noticed that either the aircraft departing RW 07 take a wider turn, or they start it a few miles later. So my question: Have departure procedures for SJO changed during the roughly 7 years I've been gone?
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:16 am

SJOtoLIR wrote:
December 01: Wingo P5 PAC-SJO 4x, 73G + P5 PAC-SJO-GUA 3x, 73G.

Let me amend this sentence.
Wingo does operate from BLB, not PAC.
Same with Viva Colombia.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:40 am

LTU932 wrote:
when aircraft depart RW 07 in SJO and do the initial almost 360 right turn, they fly right over my house and visible from my window. As I'm settling in after moving back to Pavas, I noticed that either the aircraft departing RW 07 take a wider turn, or they start it a few miles later. So my question: Have departure procedures for SJO changed during the roughly 7 years I've been gone?

Common departure procedure from runway 07: mantain runway heading with the maximum climb gradient possible to TIO 4 DME and 5500 feet, then climbing right turn to TIO without exceeding TIO R-113.

I ignore if this procedure has been modified lately.
The right turn starts when when the airplane is 2nm away from the runway.
I've just noticed how this path may overlap the operations at SYQ.

Image

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
papatango
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 1999 10:32 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:22 am

Anything new on the Avianca sale!
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:46 am

Disruptions at SJO due to intense activity of Turrialba volcano on January 04th.
The spread of the volcanic ash actually reached the area of the airport.
Most US airlines cancelled or delayed their normal operations.

Cancellations:

UA SJO-IAH (4)
UA SJO-EWR (2)
AA SJO-MIA (3)
B6 SJO-MCO
AA SJO-DFW
B6 SJO-FLL
NK SJO-FLL
AA SJO-CLT
AS SJO-LAX
UA SJO-IAD
Q6 SJO-GUA
4O SJO-MEX

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
User avatar
yellowtail
Posts: 3938
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:46 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:12 pm

With their schedule release, southwest has added daily FLL BZE service effective June 4.
Also increased DEN-BZE to 2Xweekly.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:44 pm

yellowtail wrote:
With their schedule release, southwest has added daily FLL BZE service effective June 4.
Also increased DEN-BZE to 2Xweekly.


So by June
Daily to HOU
Daily to FLL
2 Weekly to DEN

Nice
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
User avatar
LTU932
Posts: 13726
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:34 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:53 pm

SYQ seems unaffected but the ash continues to spread. They predict that the current volcanic activity of the Turrialba will continue for a few more days. Yesterday, I smelled lots of sulfur, not so much today. We did have to sweep the floor in the patio for volcanic ash.

As for the departure procedure, it must have changed in the last few years because that 2010 chart of the ATENAS departure is how departures often flew over SYQ, visible from the window of my room. It was like that since at least 1998, when I first came to Pavas.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208
 
User avatar
yellowtail
Posts: 3938
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:46 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:55 pm

juanchito wrote:
yellowtail wrote:
With their schedule release, southwest has added daily FLL BZE service effective June 4.
Also increased DEN-BZE to 2Xweekly.


So by June
Daily to HOU
Daily to FLL
2 Weekly to DEN

Nice


Indeed. Closing in on becoming No. 2 carrier to Belize.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:12 pm

EVA 777-300ER will visit Central America.

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status/817633018483331072

EVA Air 777-300ER to arrive Honduras 08JAN17, Managua 09JAN17, Guatemala City 11JAN17, San Salvador 12JAN17
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
User avatar
LTU932
Posts: 13726
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:34 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Must definitely be the Presidential visit. In case you wonder why Costa Rica is being left out, it's because during the second Arias administration, they ended their recognition of Taiwan and started recognising Mainland China.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208
 
User avatar
yellowtail
Posts: 3938
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:46 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:40 pm

juanchito wrote:
EVA 777-300ER will visit Central America.

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status/817633018483331072

EVA Air 777-300ER to arrive Honduras 08JAN17, Managua 09JAN17, Guatemala City 11JAN17, San Salvador 12JAN17


Like to see that do a TGU approach. :bigthumbsup:
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.
 
User avatar
LTU932
Posts: 13726
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:34 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:42 pm

yellowtail wrote:
Like to see that do a TGU approach. :bigthumbsup:
EDIT: https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 6294542336

The BR 77W will definitely not land in TGU. Speaking of which, since the BR 77W isn't landing in TGU, where will it land then? SAP would be a long way from the capital (107 mi or 172 km straightline distance per Great Circle Mapper). Maybe XPL (Soto Cano aka Palmerola Airbase near Comayagua)?

MGA, SAL and GUA should have no problems though, unlike TGU.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:49 pm

NIce to see this 77W within the Central American skies soon.




From the top of my memory, Eva Air used to operate scheduled flights in Central America from 1997 to 2001.
It was routed as BR TPE-LAX-PTY with 744, twice a week.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:41 am

LTU932 wrote:
yellowtail wrote:
Like to see that do a TGU approach. :bigthumbsup:
EDIT: https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 6294542336

The BR 77W will definitely not land in TGU. Speaking of which, since the BR 77W isn't landing in TGU, where will it land then? SAP would be a long way from the capital (107 mi or 172 km straightline distance per Great Circle Mapper). Maybe XPL (Soto Cano aka Palmerola Airbase near Comayagua)?

MGA, SAL and GUA should have no problems though, unlike TGU.


In Honduras they will land in Soto Cano.

Juanchito
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:16 am

Interesting that Avianca will go daily on the GUA - MIA route

AV MIA-GUA APR 0.5>0.9 MAY 0.4>1.0 JUN 0.4>1.0 JUL 0.5>1.0 AUG 0.4>1.0 SEP 0.4>1.0
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
User avatar
yellowtail
Posts: 3938
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:46 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:44 pm

As part of the WN schedule extension last week looks like they dropped LAX LIR.
AS, DL will be happy about that. Just too much capacity in that market.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.
 
shaq
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:22 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi
I just saw a parked United 737-800 in SJO
COOPESA is working on United 737 or it is a broken a/c?
It had the engine cowlings opened, and the United title had scratches.
I would attach a pic, but don't know how to do it in my cellphone.
Studying hard, for flying right!
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:39 am

juanchito wrote:
Avianca will go daily on the GUA - MIA route


AV 342 GUA 10.15 - 14.55 MIA 319 Sa
AV 342 GUA 10.15 - 14.55 MIA E90 Th, Su
AV 588 GUA 21.45 - 02.25+1 MIA 320 Fr
AV 588 GUA 21.45 - 02.25+1 MIA E90 Th, Su
AV 588 GUA 21.45 - 02.25+1 MIA 319 Mo

AV 589 MIA 05.00 - 05.45 GUA 320 Sa
AV 589 MIA 05.00 - 05.45 GUA E90 Mo, Fr
AV 589 MIA 05.00 - 05.45 GUA 319 Tu
AV 343 MIA 16.10 - 16.55 GUA E90 Th, Su
AV 343 MIA 16.10 - 16.55 GUA 319 Sa

AV GUA-MIA 3x to 7x weekly.
Effective: April 02.

That doesn't necessarily mean AV flying Guatemala City - Miami every day.
AV is aiming for a red-eye flight into the northbound sector and returning early in the morning the next day.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:40 am

Wingo dropped the P5 SJO-GUA 3x weekly service from January 10th.
Nonetheless, P5 PAC-SJO 7x weekly still remains.
Authorities states that this decision was based on the recent behavior of the market.

Image

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:11 am

yellowtail wrote:
WN schedule extension last week looks like they dropped LAX LIR.

WN LAX-LIR is operating on a daily basis nowadays.
On the other hand, both DL LAX-LIR and AS LAX-LIR are only flying some days.
Nonetheless, WN LAX-LIR hasn't displayed their flights yet, in reliable sources beyond April 2017.
Perhaps it would operate seasonally.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
User avatar
yellowtail
Posts: 3938
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:46 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:47 am

SJOtoLIR wrote:
yellowtail wrote:
Nonetheless, WN LAX-LIR hasn't displayed their flights yet, in reliable sources beyond April 2017.
Perhaps it would operate seasonally.
Regards.


It will not. Its not in there after april because its gone.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/fl ... /96235950/

DROPPED ROUTES
Akron-Canton/Atlanta
Dayton-Chicago Midway
Fort Lauderdale-Milwaukee (seasonal suspension)
Hartford, Conn.-Fort Myers, Fla. (seasonal suspension)
Los Angeles-Liberia, Costa Rica
New York LaGuardia-Indianapolis
Providence-Fort Myers, Fla. (seasonal suspension)
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.
 
Chele737
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:46 am

SJOtoLIR wrote:
Wingo dropped the P5 SJO-GUA 3x weekly service from January 10th.
Nonetheless, P5 PAC-SJO 7x weekly still remains.
Authorities states that this decision was based on the recent behavior of the market.

Image

Regards.


I believe instead behavior of the market it was a smart move from CM and a good thinking strategy against Volaris Costa Rica. I checked the week of February 5th-11th and CM has 2 daily flights SJOGUASJO CM787/391 and CM392/788. I checked the prices as well and CM was $87.23 vs $129.45 in Q6. Almost all days same week sample. It is better product CM free bags, seat assigment, miles with 2X daily against Q6 vs 3X wk weak frequencies on Wingo P5. My thought, two cents and humble opinion. I did not check AV.
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:24 pm

Arrival of EVA 777-300ER I am one of the guys in the photo
Image

Two Boeing Giants
Image
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:01 pm

VECA returned to it's lessor one of the A319, N1821V.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N1821V
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
wnflyguy
Posts: 2003
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:23 pm

yellowtail wrote:
SJOtoLIR wrote:
yellowtail wrote:
Nonetheless, WN LAX-LIR hasn't displayed their flights yet, in reliable sources beyond April 2017.
Perhaps it would operate seasonally.
Regards.


It will not. Its not in there after april because its gone.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/fl ... /96235950/

DROPPED ROUTES
Akron-Canton/Atlanta
Dayton-Chicago Midway
Fort Lauderdale-Milwaukee (seasonal suspension)
Hartford, Conn.-Fort Myers, Fla. (seasonal suspension)
Los Angeles-Liberia, Costa Rica
New York LaGuardia-Indianapolis
Providence-Fort Myers, Fla. (seasonal suspension)


Straight from WN Bill Owen it's gone permanently.
Sucked up a lot of aircraft time for a weak/Seasonal market. They reduced it to LAX-LIR Saturday one way only/ LIR-LAX Sunday one way only and it still was not bringing in good future revenue returns.
Add the addition of FLL opening up international for WN. This gave them the needed aircraft time to Run some FLL- BZE,MBJ turns and add Grand Cayman.

Flyguy
My Wings are clipped just another Retired Airline person. The Ultimate Armchair out of the loop airline industry geek. Aloha Mr Hand!
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:46 pm

juanchito wrote:
VECA returned to it's lessor one of the A319, N1821V.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N1821V


Airplane was recovered by JetTest & Transport for AeroCap (lessor) because of lack of payment of the lease.

Juanchito
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
User avatar
LTU932
Posts: 13726
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:34 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:16 pm

juanchito wrote:
juanchito wrote:
VECA returned to it's lessor one of the A319, N1821V.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N1821V


Airplane was recovered by JetTest & Transport for AeroCap (lessor) because of lack of payment of the lease.
A sign of things to come for VECA? Something tells me this could be the first sign of imminent bankruptcy. Or am I just being too negative about this?
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208
 
Chele737
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:55 pm

How Veca will adjust their itineraries with one single plane? Thoughts? Something already loaded? Maybe Cancel SJO?

juanchito wrote:
Starting January 15, Veca will adjust it timetable

Finally GUA pax can connect to MGA
One of the Airbus will overnight in GUA and the other in SAL

VU 1113-Guatemala-------9:15 a. m.------El Salvador-----10:05 a. m.-----Domingo - Viernes
VU 1335-El Salvador-----10:55 a. m.-----Managua---------11:55 a. m.-----Domingo - Viernes
VU 1225-El Salvador-----11:05 a. m.-----Costa Rica------12:26 p. m.-----Domingo - Viernes
VU 1226-Costa Rica------1:40 p. m.------El Salvador-----3:00 p. m.------Domingo - Viernes
VU 1336-Managua---------2:10 p. m.------El Salvador-----3:10 p. m.------Domingo - Viernes
VU 1114-El Salvador-----4:00 p. m.------Guatemala-------4:50 p. m.------Domingo - Viernes

Juanchito
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:28 am

Managua can't be book anymore.

Chele737 wrote:
How Veca will adjust their itineraries with one single plane? Thoughts? Something already loaded? Maybe Cancel SJO?

juanchito wrote:
Starting January 15, Veca will adjust it timetable

Finally GUA pax can connect to MGA
One of the Airbus will overnight in GUA and the other in SAL

VU 1113-Guatemala-------9:15 a. m.------El Salvador-----10:05 a. m.-----Domingo - Viernes
VU 1335-El Salvador-----10:55 a. m.-----Managua---------11:55 a. m.-----Domingo - Viernes
VU 1225-El Salvador-----11:05 a. m.-----Costa Rica------12:26 p. m.-----Domingo - Viernes
VU 1226-Costa Rica------1:40 p. m.------El Salvador-----3:00 p. m.------Domingo - Viernes
VU 1336-Managua---------2:10 p. m.------El Salvador-----3:10 p. m.------Domingo - Viernes
VU 1114-El Salvador-----4:00 p. m.------Guatemala-------4:50 p. m.------Domingo - Viernes

Juanchito
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
papatango
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 1999 10:32 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:31 am

What is the latest on the Avianca buy out, is it going ahead or a dead issue?
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:25 am

LTU932 wrote:
A sign of things to come for VECA?

Things couldn't get better on VECA for the time being.
The imminent entrance on Q6 SJO-SAL 7x weekly next month will undermine their loads.
VU has only opted for some regional stations, where they're experiencing heavy competitors flying on a daily basis.
Moreover, the sector on VU [SJO-SAL-GUA] is seriously congested due to the recent opening on Q6 SJO-GUA 14x weekly and the extinct Wingo P5 SJO-GUA, thrice a week.
Both AV and CM have drastically reduced their fares on the SJO-GUA sector lately.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
guillelds
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:20 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:00 am

AV should start nonstop service to Madrid from Central America
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:18 am

guillelds wrote:
AV should start nonstop service to Madrid from Central America

In my view, it wouldn't happen soon.
All their intercontinental services are centralized through Colombia and their European stations are quite limited by now: MAD, BCN and LHR.
Any [Central America-MAD] service would be primarily flown from SJO, but AV rather dismantled its hub status in 2013.
San Salvador comes to mind as a potential candidate as well. However, the market is too thin: IB MAD-GUA-SAL-MAD is only 3x weekly nowadays.
Neither SAL nor SJO are equipped with long-haul planes on AV.
Even LIM doesn't operate the AV LIM-MAD sector.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:29 am

papatango wrote:
What is the latest on the Avianca buy out ?

No information yet.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
avi8
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:30 am

MAD-GUA-SAL is 4 times a week and rumors say it will be increased to 5 a week.
avi8
 
User avatar
LTU932
Posts: 13726
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:34 am

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:32 pm

I wouldn't count on AV starting nonstop longhauls from Central America. SJO would not figure as a possible destination for AV longhauls anyway since the overnight dehubbing that left hundreds of people stranded. SAL would depend on demand, and I doubt demand is high, or else IB wouldn't fly there on a triangular route via GUA, while SJO and PTY can each sustain themselves as nonstops. I predict AV will keep BOG as their primary longhaul hub and keep Central America the way it is.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208
 
2travel2know2
Posts: 2962
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:41 pm

avi8 wrote:
MAD-GUA-SAL is 4 times a week and rumours say it will be increased to 5 a week.
IMHO, MAD-GUA-SAL-MAD thrice weekly plus MAD-GUA-MGA-MAD twice weekly could work fine.
However, if MAD-SAL-MAD has IB/AV code-share it's probably best to increase SAL and forget about MAD-GUA-MGA for the meanwhile.
I'm not on CM's payroll.
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 3076
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread. Part 65

Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:35 am

I would’ve always thought that the layover at SAL is merely justified by the lack of capacity of the runway in Guatemala City, in order to sustain non-stop flights into the GUA-MAD segment.
GUA could be the third Central American station on IB, in terms of the demand of passengers.
I visualize both MGA and SAL as tiny markets for the Spaniard airline.
I believe that’s why it’s unlikely to implement any AV SAL-MAD, in the future.
For illustrative purposes, I found this 332 landing in Guatemala City last year !



Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos