Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

michaelg90222
Topic Author

Easyjet crew argument causes 90 min delay

Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:27 pm

An Easyjet Gatwick to Belfast flight (EZ835) was delayed by 90 mins due to an argument involving crew members, over what seems to be "the way one staff member was packaging or storing bottles of water".

Apparently the feuding crew members were removed from the flight and replaced.

Details are a little vague as to the severity of the "argument" (I was hoping for a video of a brawl 8-) ) but still an interesting story. Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

See link below:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-37181381

Usual caveat: If already mentioned please delete - I couldn't find a similar post
319 320 321 332 346 717 73G 738 744 763 788 E190 F70 RJ85 MD11 SB20 DH8D AT72
AA AZ BA BE BY CJ D8 FR IB KL KM LA LX MD SA SR T3 U2 V7 WA XZ ZB 2L 4Z

StTim

Re: Easyjet crew argument causes 90 min delay

Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:41 pm

Seems to me that EasyJet handled this correctly. Cabin manager tries to get staff to work together. It doesn't work. Remove both and replace with new.

The last thing you want in an emergency is two fueding staff members.

I suspect one or probably both will be seeking new employment.

kabq737

Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:22 pm

Even though this was handled correctly it's been a rough few days for Easy Jet PR! Either way glad to see they did the right thing. Can't imagine these two will have a job after that.
Been on: 320, 321, 333, 733, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 763, 764, 772, 789, C208, CR7, CR9, BE20, MD83, MD88, MD90, E70, E75, E90, TRIM
Flown: SEEKER, C150M C172N, C172R, C172S, C182RG, DA40, PA-46

n729pa

Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:50 am

My first flight on BA back in 1986 from ORD to LHR, we had two of the crew have a blazing row in the galley. We were sat adjacent to the galley so had a front row seat so to speak. Can't remember what it was about now but the service was poor on that flight so it could have had an effect on the rest of the crew. We never flew BA again to the US again on account of the service and always flew Pan Am after that for several years.

StTim

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:55 am

To make a judgement on an airline based on one poor crew experience is harsh. Despite all reasonable endeavours cabin crew are people - who run the whole gamut of emotions, stresses, personalities etc. It will happen from time to time.

eurowings

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:17 am

I think easyJet displayed extraordinary professionalism here by prioritising passenger safety over on-time performance, I bet not every airline would take similar action over a minor disagreement like this.

We'd have to know the full story, including why these water bottles couldn't be stacked in a certain way (trolley safety?), to make a fair judgement on the situation though.
"Freddie Laker may be at peace with his Maker, but he is persona non grata with IATA."- HRH Duke of Edinburgh

Tedd

Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:29 am

StTim wrote:
To make a judgement on an airline based on one poor crew experience is harsh. Despite all reasonable endeavours cabin crew are people - who run the whole gamut of emotions, stresses, personalities etc. It will happen from time to time.

While I`d like to agree with your comment, it`s only natural that if you have a bad experience in the cabin directly or indirectly,
it can`t help but have an adverse affect on how you feel about that particular airline. I had an annoying altercation with a
member of staff on BA ( was told I, & a fellow passenger we were talking too loudly ), so chose not to fly with them again as a result.
EasyJet made the right call to replace the crew IMHO.......as representatives of their company they have to be professional at all times.
They may have caused loss of future business, which I`d hope EasyJet would take into account.

UAL777UK

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:18 am

StTim wrote:
Seems to me that EasyJet handled this correctly. Cabin manager tries to get staff to work together. It doesn't work. Remove both and replace with new.

The last thing you want in an emergency is two fueding staff members.

I suspect one or probably both will be seeking new employment.

Exactly. You cannot in any situation have an argument between staff in front of your clients, in this case the passengers. Totally unprofessional but I think the remaining crew handled it really well.