Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

LatAmFlyer
Topic Author

New 737s for Donald Trump?

Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:47 am

I saw on CNN International this evening that Donald Trump's campaign has added two more jets to its lineup of transports. One was painted with the old Eastern Airlines cheat line from the 80s with Trump's name painted just above it, and the other was completely whitewashed, again with his and Pence's name on the side. Does anyone know anything about this? Where did they come from? Who owns them? What does Trump pay for them? My glimpses were very short, about a second apiece, but they looked like 737s. Cheers.

CO953

Re: New 737s for Donald Trump?

Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:07 am

Not sure of the exact contractual details, but the EA jet has been used by Republican VP candidate Mike Pence to travel the country for campaign rallies. I haven't seen the white one with the names. Forgive me, as far as the white one with the candidates' names, at first glance I thought that you were referring to the white 737 that snuck Trump into Mexico City today, which does not have his name. I suppose it was a charter. N43PR, LN 126 built 1998, a Boeing Business Jet Boeing 737-75V(BBJ). Owned by Town & Country Food Markets, Inc. It would be great to hear more info on this, because my impression was that it probably was used (for security reasons) to make a quickly planned anonymous flight by Trump to Mexico City to meet with the Mexican president. instead of the distinctive black & red 757. I'm wondering if he just borrowed it for the flight. From what I read on another site, departing Mexico City for Phoenix the crew pegged it up to 40,000 feet pretty quickly and split, now that the identity of the white 737 was known. Also there was a helicopter being photographed in conjunction with the white plane, a possible decoy. Interesting stuff. A photo at the following Twitter link:
--------------------------------------------------------
Apparently Trump afraid to show off his trademark plane here in MEX airport; traveling in unmarked charter pic.twitter.com/3GnVEZ0Nfe

— Dave Morgan (@davemorgannyc) August 31, 2016

b747400erf

Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:52 am

The old Eastern cheatline? There is an airline operating called Eastern.

cabochris

Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:32 am

N43PR, LN 126 built 1998, a Boeing Business Jet Boeing 737-75V(BBJ). Owned by Town & Country Food Markets, Inc

This bird parks in the space of LAS of Steve Wynn...

EA CO AS

Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:45 am

LatAmFlyer wrote:
One was painted with the new Eastern Airlines cheat line.

There, fixed that for you. :mrgreen:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

cabochris

Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:49 am

Just a note on the accent out of MEX.. nothing unusual. Certainly didn't "pegged it" to 40,000ft.. no security issues here, the press where on hand for arrival.
I'm going to guess the Trump 757 did not have an insurance certificate in place for Mexico flights, and his pal Steve helped him on short notice.
The White helicopter was a Mexican government chopper, its like Marine 1.. You think DC traffic is bad going to Andrews.. Try Mexico City.

Adipasquale

Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:57 am

b747400erf wrote:
The old Eastern cheatline? There is an airline operating called Eastern.

There is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Air_Lines_(2015)
DH8A DH8B CR1 CR2 CR7 CR9 E45 E70 E75 E90 D93 M88 318 319 320 321 333 343 712 732 733 734 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77L 77W

cougar15

Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:14 pm

From what I saw on the news he DID use his 75, plenty of footage of him getting off it in Mexico using the rear door. Unless that was stock footage sold as ´live´ .....
some you lose, others you can´t win!

b747400erf

Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:40 pm

cougar15 wrote:
From what I saw on the news he DID use his 75, plenty of footage of him getting off it in Mexico using the rear door. Unless that was stock footage sold as ´live´ .....

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N43 ... /KLAX/MMMX

SRQflyer

Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:51 pm

N278EA has been ferrying Pence around. Was at SRQ yesterday, didn't get to catch it due to weather though.

cougar15

Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:08 pm

b747400erf wrote:
cougar15 wrote:

okay, but was he on that ´700 or was it just used for the press & support staff following him? again, on the newsfootage & arrival ceremony he got outta the rear left door of his 757!
some you lose, others you can´t win!

Sooner787

Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:12 pm

cougar15 wrote:
b747400erf wrote:
cougar15 wrote:

okay, but was he on that ´700 or was it just used for the press & support staff following him? again, on the newsfootage & arrival ceremony he got outta the rear left door of his 757!

Remember, the Secret Service is running the show from a security standpoint.

If they felt it would be better to fly Trump in and out of MEX in an unmarked jet,
then that's the way it's going to be.

Last picture I saw of "Trump Force 1" was on a taxiway at KPAE Tuesday evening

ILNFlyer

Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:30 pm

Trumps 757 is currently on the ramp at ILN due to his rally here today. No sign of 737.

iamlucky13

Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:00 pm

cougar15 wrote:

He was in Everett, WA for a rally Tuesday. His 757 was parked very prominently at Paine Field, and the news reported he flew straight from there to Mexico. The local paper live-blogged the visit on their website, including a few photos of his plane:
http://www.heraldnet.com/news/live-dona ... ign-visit/

777PHX

Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:03 pm

cabochris wrote:
Just a note on the accent out of MEX.. nothing unusual. Certainly didn't "pegged it" to 40,000ft.. no security issues here, the press where on hand for arrival.
I'm going to guess the Trump 757 did not have an insurance certificate in place for Mexico flights

He flies it transatlantic on a semi-regular basis to visit his properties in the UK, so I'd be shocked if he was missing the paperwork to fly into Mexico.

cabochris

Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:19 pm

777PHX wrote:
cabochris wrote:
I'm going to guess the Trump 757 did not have an insurance certificate in place for Mexico flights

He flies it transatlantic on a semi-regular basis to visit his properties in the UK, so I'd be shocked if he was missing the paperwork to fly into Mexico.

Ah Mexico is not the UK.. and I am just going to guess you do not know the formalities of entry into foreign airspace. For the Trump 757, the cost of carrying an always activated insurance certificate for Mexico when you do not go there often would mean you do not have one. You would be shocked to find out that Skywest at least once a year mistakenly dispatched from LAX non insured RJs to Mexico, that would get turned around by ATC in Mexico. They have a list..

Trump may have airspace overflight insurance, but I doubt coverage on hand for landing, this trip happened very quickly.
TV must have used stock footage for the Trump plane, as info I have says it was parked someone else and not in the air. I doubt the Secret Service would ask him to sub to a discreet plane into Mexico. Why? Why can every other VIP including POTUS fly a flag in. Mexico is not Iraq..

I also would be surprised if he even had any Secret Service protection with him in Mexico. I do not believe Trump has an International Protected Person designation (Yet... but both Clinton's do) so you cant bring them big guns with you... Trump had private security most likely, and maybe the US State Dept guys from the embassy in MEX helped out, as some are authorized to carry small arms outside of the US embassy for VIP protection. They are deputized in Mexico.

b747400erf

Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:35 am

cabochris wrote:
777PHX wrote:
cabochris wrote:

Ah Mexico is not the UK.. and I am just going to guess you do not know the formalities of entry into foreign airspace. For the Trump 757, the cost of carrying an always activated insurance certificate for Mexico when you do not go there often would mean you do not have one. You would be shocked to find out that Skywest at least once a year mistakenly dispatched from LAX non insured RJs to Mexico, that would get turned around by ATC in Mexico. They have a list..

Trump may have airspace overflight insurance, but I doubt coverage on hand for landing, this trip happened very quickly.
TV must have used stock footage for the Trump plane, as info I have says it was parked someone else and not in the air. I doubt the Secret Service would ask him to sub to a discreet plane into Mexico. Why? Why can every other VIP including POTUS fly a flag in. Mexico is not Iraq..

I also would be surprised if he even had any Secret Service protection with him in Mexico. I do not believe Trump has an International Protected Person designation (Yet... but both Clinton's do) so you cant bring them big guns with you... Trump had private security most likely, and maybe the US State Dept guys from the embassy in MEX helped out, as some are authorized to carry small arms outside of the US embassy for VIP protection. They are deputized in Mexico.

Is there a single correct sentence in this post? This is some type of joke.

cabochris

Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:45 am

b747400erf wrote:
cabochris wrote:
777PHX wrote:

All a joke, go get em kid!

b747400erf

Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:51 am

cabochris wrote:
b747400erf wrote:
cabochris wrote:

Well from being uninformed about aviation, the different requirements for airlines flying passenger service to a private aircraft flying a chartered flight, to the secret service, you sure have a thing for loudly proclaiming topics you are not knowledgable about in this topic. Good job. Gold star for you.

readytotaxi

Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:02 am

Never gonna see Trump in a 737, no way you could fit all that ego in such a small plane. :D
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

cabochris

Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:12 am

b747400erf wrote:
cabochris wrote:
b747400erf wrote:

Well from being uninformed about aviation, the different requirements for airlines flying passenger service to a private aircraft flying a chartered flight, to the secret service, you sure have a thing for loudly proclaiming topics you are not knowledgable about in this topic. Good job. Gold star for you.

Thanks for the Gold star, they add up! Now go have a Coke and a smile kid.

b747400erf

Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:16 am

cabochris wrote:
b747400erf wrote:
cabochris wrote:

If you are going to act immature and not admit you are wrong and have no idea what you are talking about, don't try and insult me by calling me a child.

CO953

Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:51 am

What is with the ridiculous disinformation being spread on this thread? Trump did NOT fly his 757 to Mexico. Widespread media footage of the unmarked 737 flying him in, and confirmation from his campaign of the security issues: http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/trum ... ked-plane/

The link is good because the editor of lifezette is Laura Ingraham, a journalist and Trump advisor who also spoke at the Republican convention. Like it or not, not to hurt anyone's feelings posting here from Mexico, but there have been numerous, sustained direct threats against Trump from El Chapo and other cartel leaders and, with the easy availability of portable missiles on the international market, the distinctive 757 would be easily identifiable to anyone watching the approach path.

CO953

Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:01 am

Re comment #6, where the poster disputes my statement that the unmarked 737 ascended rapidly out of MMX, check the track log: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N43P ... X/tracklog
Compared to the tracklog for a 738 out of MMX (I know not exactly apples to apples, but not hugely far off) http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AMX4 ... K/tracklog

A strong climb for the unmarked 737. That's why I wrote that.

cabochris

Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:43 pm

b747400erf wrote:
cabochris wrote:
b747400erf wrote:

If you are going to act immature and not admit you are wrong and have no idea what you are talking about, don't try and insult me by calling me a child.

Teach me.. tell me what is wrong about my post, oh knowledgeable one.

cabochris

Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:12 pm

CO953 wrote:
Re comment #6, where the poster disputes my statement that the unmarked 737 ascended rapidly out of MMX, check the track log: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N43P ... X/tracklog
Compared to the tracklog for a 738 out of MMX (I know not exactly apples to apples, but not hugely far off) http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AMX4 ... K/tracklog

A strong climb for the unmarked 737. That's why I wrote that.

Flights are rarely speed restricted out of MEX, due to its altitude. The climb was far from unusual for MEX. I looked at your two comparables and they are apples and oranges that look similar to my eye. All it says to me was the machine and flight was light, it climbed within its service parameters. My point is, you can compare the accent of a Fedex 757 vs a UAL 757, from the same field right behind each other, and why dose the heavier Fedex machine climb faster? Security issues?

Laura and Trump's PR team are professional spin doctors. Trump needs to have the threat against him from Mexico to be at the for front of his campaign. Yes, Chapo and a Drug Cartel threatened him on twitter.. but its an empty threat. What would a Cartel get in return for shooting down Trump's plane? Think about it. Laura wants you to have it in your head that Mexico is sacred of Trump and his big wall. But everyone knows the Mexicans are the best tunnelers in the world.

So, when the inquiry is made.. "Why didn't Trump arrive on his TRUMP plane", what sounds better for political aspirations.. Spin it to Security issues and threats.. not that the machine didn't have its paperwork in place in time.. that story is boring and wont get you points.

Go Trump!
Last edited by cabochris on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

727LOVER

Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:36 pm

N278EA has been ferrying Pence around. Was at SRQ yesterday, didn't get to catch it due to weather though.

Really??? DANG....I'm only 2 miles there. But yeah, Hermine didn't help.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

777PHX

Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:41 pm

cabochris wrote:
777PHX wrote:
cabochris wrote:

You're missing the point here, kiddo. For a guy that flies his personal aircraft all over the world, getting the required legalities to fly into Mexico wouldn't be difficult at all, if he doesn't have them, which he probably already does.

As pointed out, the reason he didn't fly the 757 into Mexico wasn't because he couldn't, but because it was a security issue.

cabochris

Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:39 am

777PHX wrote:
cabochris wrote:
777PHX wrote:

You're missing the point here, kiddo. For a guy that flies his personal aircraft all over the world, getting the required legalities to fly into Mexico wouldn't be difficult at all, if he doesn't have them, which he probably already does.

As pointed out, the reason he didn't fly the 757 into Mexico wasn't because he couldn't, but because it was a security issue.

You are still running with the false story young one. I do not care anymore about your security issue agenda.. you just do not understand the formalities of foreign aircraft entry requirements for landing..non emergency. If this event was planned say maybe 48 hours in advance, then yes, paperwork would be in order. But this happened all to fast to be prepared, so another story was created. You bought it.

For giggles:
If there was a security threat, why let everyone know what you are flying on, when you are flying and be traceable. The flight was very public. Aircraft arrived with about 5 people on it, non armed, mentioned now in the mainstream press as a "small entourage". Scary how the the tone of the news and events are presented in the USA.
Here are some vids of Trump in Mexico. Where was the secret service? Judging by some of the comments on them, people are just as naive as some on here. God bless America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1FEYxjrjRs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMg3T8ZWYZo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGHqQu4sGCc - This one is funny. 777PHX this one is for you.

Go trump!

b747400erf

Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:34 am

cabochris wrote:
777PHX wrote:
cabochris wrote:

You are still running with the false story young one. I do not care anymore about your security issue agenda.. you just do not understand the formalities of foreign aircraft entry requirements for landing..non emergency. If this event was planned say maybe 48 hours in advance, then yes, paperwork would be in order. But this happened all to fast to be prepared, so another story was created. You bought it.

For giggles:
If there was a security threat, why let everyone know what you are flying on, when you are flying and be traceable. The flight was very public. Aircraft arrived with about 5 people on it, non armed, mentioned now in the mainstream press as a "small entourage". Scary how the the tone of the news and events are presented in the USA.
Here are some vids of Trump in Mexico. Where was the secret service? Judging by some of the comments on them, people are just as naive as some on here. God bless America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1FEYxjrjRs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMg3T8ZWYZo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGHqQu4sGCc - This one is funny. 777PHX this one is for you.

Go trump!

No one would have guessed the guy that is wrong about everything is so proud to be a Trump supporter and keep ranting about things he knows nothing about even after everyone takes the time to explain why he is wrong. Being proud of lacking knowledge and insulting and bullying those that are smarter, only in America do you have an entire political party full of these people.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos