Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ANA787
Topic Author

SeaPort ceases all operations

Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:56 pm

mwh787

Re: SeaPort ceases all operations

Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:07 pm

Not surprised to hear this, it has been coming for quite awhile.

Good to see employees getting paid, sorry they will lose their jobs.

tan1mill

Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:10 pm

I would imagine PenAir would have no issues picking up that PDX-PDT now.
Love many, Trust few, Always paddle your own canoe.

Propwash208

Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:19 pm

The decision to file Chapter 7 came after John Beardsley's company, Fountain Village Development, pulled out.

The filing is in PACER, but also here: https://www.docdroid.net/M9g4UBe/89febe ... 7.pdf.html

In particular, the Plan relied on complete funding of the Debtor's post-petition line of credit from Fountain Village Development ("FVD") and a capital investment in the Reorganized Debtor of not less than $1,000,000 postconfirmation. In proposing the Plan, the Debtor had assurances that FVD would fund the remainder of the line of credit and would make the necessary capital investment to fund the Plan. However, within the last week, FVD has informed the Debtor that it would not fund the remainder of the line of credit and would not make any capital investment in the Reorganized Debtor. The Debtor has attempted to secure another line of post-petition financing and investment in order to fund the Plan. However, those efforts have not produced an alternative funding source, and a reorganization of the Debtor is not otherwise possible.

Emphasis my own.Beardsley also owns Aerodynamics, which is in bed with ZK as Great Lakes Jet Express.

mwh787

Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:26 pm

I do berlieve I saw a thread where PDX-PDT has already been awarded to Boutique Air

PDX88

Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:56 pm

Despite the negative reputation SeaPort had, I know a lot of my colleagues and myself were happy to be flying for them. It's a hard blow to find out come tomorrow we don't have jobs. I know a lot of people here dislike K5, but keep it civil. Think about who this affects.

WEPDX

Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:04 am

I know that everyone there was doing their best to turn the company around. It really looked like things were on the up and up after the chap11. This is sudden and sad. In the beginning this company had the right intentions. After a change in management it just seemed to go for the money and things went downhill quick. Then with the last change they had a lot of work to do. I think it was just too much damage to repair from the last CEO.. I wish all my former co-workers the best of luck in the future and hope that everything turns out. Small companies like SeaPort can be so great for smaller communities. It's tough out there.

knope2001

Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:15 am

Don't SeaPort and ADI have a common owner? Wondering if what's going on at SeaPort will affect ADI.

Acey559

Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:42 am

tan1mill wrote:
I would imagine PenAir would have no issues picking up that PDX-PDT now.

Boutique Air is taking the route over with PC-12s. The city announced it a few months ago or so.
In Dixie Land I'll take my stand to live and die in Dixie.

PDX88

Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:54 am

WEPDX wrote:
It really looked like things were on the up and up after the chap11. This is sudden and sad.

The new CEO, Tim Sieber, gave us a lot of hope. He was very open with updates about the bankruptcy process, and made the team feel like we would pull through. In the end, the dollar signs didn't add up. It's really disappointing. If SeaPort in the beginning was run the way it was now, we would be such a successful operation. Unfortunately the damage was too much to recover from.

RIP Sasquatch.

Acey559

Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:48 am

Really sorry to hear that, PDX88. I used to commute on you guys to PDT a fair amount when I was at Horizon. In fact, I was actually going to try to hop on you guys this Thursday. I always enjoyed talking with the crews, everyone I met was beyond friendly and accommodating. The trips up and down the Gorge were always a good time, especially when flights were light and you let me plug in and chat. I'm sure you'll land on your feet though and good luck with everything in the future.
In Dixie Land I'll take my stand to live and die in Dixie.

dc10lover

Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:55 am

When money is #1 don t expect to survive.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.

as739x

Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:59 am

It will be interesting if Air Choice One picks up some of the flying from MEM and the South-East regions. Very close to their operations out of STL and well regarded. They could be in a good position to pick up routes.
"Some pilots avoid storm cells and some play connect the dots!"

usxguy

Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:02 am

It also doesn't help when the owner likes to go around the CEO and others in the company. One ship but 4 captains doesn't always give you longevity. SeaPort had a lot of bumps from the beginning with lots of grandiose spending, mismanagement of the Wings of Alaska division, long term issues with the viability of the PC-12s, and then extreme over expansion.

Seems like every time an airline leaves their niche or geographic area is when they fail. re: Air Midwest, Big Sky Airlines, RegionsAir, Great Lakes, etc. Only Cape Air seems to have held on with a large, split network.
xx

DepartureLounge

Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:22 am

as739x wrote:
It will be interesting if Air Choice One picks up some of the flying from MEM and the South-East regions. Very close to their operations out of STL and well regarded. They could be in a good position to pick up routes.

Unless they're over-extended with the Sun Air purchase and acquisition, Southern Airways Express will likely bid the MEM outstations, considering they're already flying out of the same MEM FBO.

ramprat74

Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:44 am

I saw someone towing their aircraft from the B concourse over to the Alantic FBO. A POP supervisor car with strobes on was in front.

b747400erf

Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:46 am

I read that the financial difficulties started when they got rid of the PC-12's. Is that true?

usxguy

Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:04 am

It was before. The Wings division constantly carried the company.
xx

WA707atMSP

Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:32 pm

PDX88 wrote:
Despite the negative reputation SeaPort had, I know a lot of my colleagues and myself were happy to be flying for them. It's a hard blow to find out come tomorrow we don't have jobs. I know a lot of people here dislike K5, but keep it civil. Think about who this affects.

I feel very badly for the SeaPort employees who lost their jobs. I'm sure working there was very tough for everyone, especially the front line customer service employees who had to deal with apoplectic passengers.

My Sea Port horror story: Last year, I booked a trip on Seaport MCI-HRO-MEM-TUP-BNA, to log Harrison and Tupelo. My MCI-HRO-MEM flight went well, and when I arrived at MEM, I asked the ticket counter agent if my MEM-TUP-BNA flight the next day would still operate. She assured me it would leave on schedule, at 5:45 AM.

Because my flight left so early, I had to get up at 3:45 AM, and take a $35 taxi to the airport because no hotel shuttles were operating that early. When I got to the airport, I was told that my flight was cancelled due to a crew shortage, and I was "on my own" getting to Nashville. Fortunately, National Car Rental agreed to waive the drop charge for a one way Memphis-Nashville rental, but when taxes were added in, a one day rental was still more expensive than flying.

Once I got home, I called SeaPort, and asked them to reimburse me for both my MEM-TUP-BNA ticket and my car rental. SeaPort adamantly refused to reimburse me for anything, and I had to file a DoT complaint against them to be reimbursed.

Flight delays and cancellations happen to every airline, but what differentiates a good airline from a lousy airline is how they are handled. SeaPort should have reimbursed me for my flight, and rebooked me on another airline (like DL via ATL) to get me to BNA. I'm sure SeaPort's poor treatment of their customers is why they are no longer with us.

WaywardMemphian

Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:00 pm

I would like to see Southern Airways pick up the HRO/MEM route but bump it up 20 miles to BKG instead. Harrison with EAS is a bit much considering the near interstate quality 4 lane to Branson/Springfield was done 10 years ago. Would offer up a direct route for tourism and possible carry through to the Gulf Coast going the other way.

AVLAirlineFreq

Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:25 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
I would like to see Southern Airways pick up the HRO/MEM route but bump it up 20 miles to BKG instead. Harrison with EAS is a bit much considering the near interstate quality 4 lane to Branson/Springfield was done 10 years ago. Would offer up a direct route for tourism and possible carry through to the Gulf Coast going the other way.

I think it's a tad longer than that, isn't it?

How difficult is it to move EAS service to another airport? Particularly a privately owned one?

32andBelow

Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:05 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:

How difficult is it to move EAS service to another airport? Particularly a privately owned one?

Not hard but it for sure has to go into an airport that has significant connecting opportunities. Like you could move Kansas service from DEN to DFW

knope2001

Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:02 am

32andBelow wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:

Not hard but it for sure has to go into an airport that has significant connecting opportunities. Like you could move Kansas service from DEN to DFW

The DoT regularly approves a change in an EAS market's hub city when a city and airline both request. If Burlington IA wants to have its EAS link be to Minneapolis instead of O'Hare and the airline agrees, the DoT will likely approved it.

But the EAS market itself can't be moved. The EAS eligibility at Burlington cannot be transferred over to Galesburg or Ottumwa under any circumstance. Similarly Harrison's EAS cannot be transferred to Branson or any other community.

mtnwest1979

Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:37 am

knope2001 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:

The DoT regularly approves a change in an EAS market's hub city when a city and airline both request. If Burlington IA wants to have its EAS link be to Minneapolis instead of O'Hare and the airline agrees, the DoT will likely approved it.

But the EAS market itself can't be moved. The EAS eligibility at Burlington cannot be transferred over to Galesburg or Ottumwa under any circumstance. Similarly Harrison's EAS cannot be transferred to Branson or any other community.

The question refers top moving the subsidized field, not the hub airport. The DOT would not move the EAS money paid from HRO to BKG. If I were to visit Branson area for any reason, I would rather just fly to SGF. Not that far and not a razed hilltop with a windy road into town lol.

I think HOT should be eliminated anyway, citing proximity to LIT. HRO should be connected to STL, and ELD get Boutique from DFW. Have a nice day
Riddle: Which lasts longer, a start-up airline or a start-up football league?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos