flyoregon

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - Part 13

Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:17 pm

flyboy80 wrote:
I still find it so strange the seasonality of the PDX market. It seems many carriers have highly variable seasonal schedule additions at PDX, and I wonder if this caters more directly to the Portland metro area, and Oregon, or to travel to the area. I've used the example before, but for instance, Delta has SEVEN daily non-stops to MSP during the summer, nearly a 75% increase in daily seat capacity in that one market alone.

It kind of drives me crazy also. For one, the seasonal B6 flight to Boston...just make it year-round. Or the AA flight to PHL. Same story.

jbpdx

Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:43 pm

And WN to BWI
And UA to IAD
And AC to YYZ

And DL to LHR
Major airports with no PDX nonstops: MIA, FLL, TPA, IND, MSY, CLE, CVG, PIT, RDU; +BWI, +PHL, +YYZ

dc10lover

Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:12 pm

Boutique Air between Pendleton & Portland: Offering 3 Daily Flights. Introductory Airfare of $49
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.

flyboy80

Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:18 pm

Is Portland more seasonal than other similar sized cities? I'm not sure which cities have similar population catchment area, and of course economies will vary as well, but it would seem the disparity between summer and winter in flight offerings is extensive. I imagine that would indicate similarly in regards to monthly boarding and deplanings.

BNAOWB

Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:22 am

Could seasonality between PDX and the Central/Eastern time zones be the result of a significant decrease in inbound tourists to Portland in winter and a significant shift in outbound tourists from PDX to "sun" destinations (CA/AZ/HI) in winter?

jbpdx

Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:45 am

Winter seasonal from Portland adds to Hawaii (AS: OGG, KOA, LIH) and Mexico (AS: SJD, PVR), that's about it. California is fairly consistent year round. AS also drops Tucson is summer. Another winter cut is WN PDX-ABQ.
Major airports with no PDX nonstops: MIA, FLL, TPA, IND, MSY, CLE, CVG, PIT, RDU; +BWI, +PHL, +YYZ

PDX757

Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:06 pm

flyboy80 wrote:
Is Portland more seasonal than other similar sized cities? I'm not sure which cities have similar population catchment area, and of course economies will vary as well, but it would seem the disparity between summer and winter in flight offerings is extensive. I imagine that would indicate similarly in regards to monthly boarding and deplanings.

Denver, charlotte, St. Louis, Las Vegas, San Antonio, Baltimore, Orlando, Sacramento, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Kansas City, Indianapolis, Columbus, and Austin all have metro areas reasonable similar in size to Portland. I did a quick browse of some of those other city's seasonal air services and found that PDX isn't too out of the ordinary in terms of seasonality. Something to keep in mind is vacation season, whether coming or goin, theres an uptick in traffic that's served by upgauged service to year round cities and the start of seasonal cities. PDX is quite well served compared to those other cities, with the exception of Vegas and Orlando.
All I've got to say is that there's probably a very good reason that there's such a surge in traffic during the summer months, airlines are businesses at the end of the day and won't do something that doesn't give them a good return. If that means shelving PDX-PHL in the winter or sending 767s on JFK-PDX then that's what happens.

MaxTrimm

Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:08 pm

I spent all day in PDX yesterday, and the amount of SkyWest E175's in the Alaska paint was crazy! I managed to catch 13 different frames

mtnwest1979

Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:30 pm

flyboy80 wrote:
I still find it so strange the seasonality of the PDX market. It seems many carriers have highly variable seasonal schedule additions at PDX, and I wonder if this caters more directly to the Portland metro area, and Oregon, or to travel to the area. I've used the example before, but for instance, Delta has SEVEN daily non-stops to MSP during the summer, nearly a 75% increase in daily seat capacity in that one market alone.

As for MSP specifically, one may be normal increase of summertime pax, and secondly, wanting to route less connecting pax thru MSP due to wintertime weather there.

It seems that as technology gets better apt to adjust scheds in a micromanagement style, it will become a lot more common-place to see variable schedules by each day of the year it seems.

Now for something different, where will Boutique Air be located at PDX?
Riddle: Which lasts longer, a start-up airline or a start-up football league?

PDX757

Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:25 am

mtnwest1979 wrote:

My bet is cc A. With the cc E prop spots being ripped up soon I'd be surprised if they put them there. Where will AC being going during construction?

32andBelow

Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:24 am

PDX757 wrote:
mtnwest1979 wrote:

My bet is cc A. With the cc E prop spots being ripped up soon I'd be surprised if they put them there. Where will AC being going during construction?

I thought boutique was a non sterile op.

dc10lover

Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:48 pm

Maybe Boutique Air can offer non - stop flights between Wenatchee, Washington & Portland, Oregon. There is still strong demand in this market.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.

lhpdx

Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:22 pm

http://www.oregonlive.com/commuting/ind ... tomer.html

PDX leads in airport customer satisfaction!!

dc10lover

Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:16 am

I am so pleased a better, more reliable airline is serving Pendleton - Portland.

mtnwest1979

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:59 am

I see Boutique will be at Atlantic Aviation in PDX. So they will be non-sterile in Oregon. So in SLC, DFW, ABQ, and PDX they will be un-sterile, but beyond security at BNA, ATL, DEN, LAX, OAK, MSP unsure of PHX.
Riddle: Which lasts longer, a start-up airline or a start-up football league?

pdxswa

Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:05 am

First A320 Neo sighting

Airnerd

Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:53 pm

PDX started testing their new exits today. When this is fully up and running, it should be a nice little improvement and reduce congestion around the security areas. http://cdn.portofportland.com/pdfs/APDXExitLnNR58.pdf

ramprat74

Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:17 pm

This is going to make the lobby in front of Alaska and Delta a nightmare!

jbpdx

Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:33 pm

Portland International Airport keeps setting records. November passengers: 1.5 million, a 10.7% increase compared with November 2015. Year to date: 16.8 million, a 9.1% increase compared with 2015. PDX will definitely top 18 million passengers in 2016.

pdxswa

Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:11 am

Island Air's first Q400 makes an unscheduled stop here at KPDX due to heavy fog at KMMV. KMMV is where its ferry tanks will be installed. Before its flight to PHNL and its new home.

jbpdx

Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:12 pm

Comparing Portland PDX and Vancouver YVR international operations. Both with similar size metro populations.

For 2016, total passengers forecast:
YVR 22 million
PDX 18 million

YVR international airports served (not including Canada to US):

Beijing, Delhi, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Manila, Osaka, Seoul, Shanghai, Chengdu, Taipei, Tokyo HND, Tokyo NRT, Xiamen
Auckland, Brisbane, Sydney
Amsterdam, Dublin, Frankfurt, Glasgow, London LHR, London LGW, Manchester, Munich, Paris, Reykjavik, Rome, Zurich
Cancun, Huatulco, Ixtapa, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo
Santa Clara, Cuba; Varadero, Cuba
--------
PDX international airports served (not including US to Canada):

Amsterdam, Tokyo NRT, Reykjavik, Frankfurt, London LHR, Guadalajara, Cabo, Puerto Vallarta

metaldirtnskin

Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:03 pm

pdxswa wrote:
Island Air's first Q400 makes an unscheduled stop here at KPDX due to heavy fog at KMMV. KMMV is where its ferry tanks will be installed. Before its flight to PHNL and its new home.

Pics of it at MMV yesterday (via Twitter): https://twitter.com/Sabian404/status/812068860979335168

BNAOWB

Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:23 am

jbpdx wrote:
Comparing Portland PDX and Vancouver YVR international operations. Both with similar size metro populations...

Somewhat related, does anyone have a guess regarding the annual passenger volume of the following routings?

PDX - East Asia (nonstop to NRT)
PDX - SEA - East Asia
PDX - YVR - East Asia

PDX - Europe (nonstop)
PDX - SEA - Europe
PDX - YVR - Europe

RWA380

Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:09 am

This isn't the first time MMV has been used as a stopping point in order to outfit with the auxiliary tanks for WP. I wish them the best with this batch of Q-400's. Wish the livery was a bit more exciting, like their current one, we flew on WP last month & the plane was more brilliantly colored than I had remembered WP to be, best of luck WP, hope to see you expand & give HA a real go of things.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

pdxswa

Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:53 am

Arriving on the UPS ramp during the busy Christmas rush. Always nice to see the Queen of the Skies here !

ANA787

Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:39 am

What are your 2017 predictions for PDX?

I'll start:

PDX-MIA will be announced.
A new PDX-Asia route will be announced. My guess is JL to NRT, KE to ICN or CX to HKG.
PDX-CDG summer seasonal will be announced on DL.
DL will go year round on PDX-HNL.
BA announces PDX-LHR.
AS adds PDX-DEN/PHL/IAD/ABQ/MKE.

pnwpdx

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:38 am

ANA787 wrote:

I'll start:

A new PDX-Asia route will be announced. My guess is JL to NRT, KE to ICN or CX to HKG.
BA announces PDX-LHR.

I do hope DL goes year round with PDX-HNL.
I also see Icelandair going year round with their service along with Condor.

EK: I wonder if they will ever come to Portland?
Next Flight:
PDX-SEA-PHX-LAX-PDX on DL

PDX757

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:03 pm

My modest predictions:
DL makes LHR year round
Condor goes year round
Icelandair goes daily but remains seasonal
-That's a lot of extra lift to Europe
QX 175s are deployed on existing routes
New 175 routes are announced, MKE/ABQ/DEN/TUS come to mind
AA starts seasonal MIA

jbpdx

Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:43 pm

*Norwegian adds Paris-Portland 787. [Portland has disappeared from Paris airports' new route wish list on therouteshop.com, so either someone has it planned or they scrapped hoping for the route.]

*Hawaiian adds 2nd HNL flight using A321neo.
*American adds PDX-MIA year round.
*Southwest goes year round or Alaska adds PDX-Baltimore.

pnwpdx

Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:18 am

jbpdx wrote:
*Norwegian adds Paris-Portland 787. [Portland has disappeared from Paris airports' new route wish list on therouteshop.com, so either someone has it planned or they scrapped hoping for the route.]

Does anything think HA will add Maui again anytime soon?
And does anyone else foresee additional flights to Mexico? Maybe Mexico City? Or just additional flights to Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, or even see Cancun?
Next Flight:
PDX-SEA-PHX-LAX-PDX on DL

flyboy80

Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:19 am

Regarding DL adding HNL year round, Is there really enough room for 'so many' dailies to HNL given AS and HA?

BlatantEcho

Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:04 am

HA will certainly return on PDX-OGG once they have their A321NEOs. That is just what they are for.

--
For me, as an AS flyer (Gold for many years now) I need the following (considering the Delta breakup this year)

Nonstop to DEN, JFK (2x daily) and then MKE/ABQ on the E175.

For Europe, the fact that Delta only flies 5x weekly in the winter, and they won't get me MP miles....
Late afternoon/early evening departure to Europe.... AF to CDG, BA to LHR, KLM take over AMS... whatever. Gotta have it.

For Asia: We desperately need JAL to go to NRT, or Korean to ICN.
(I think the dream of Cathay to Hong Kong is bananas, just not going to happen)

Mexico I would like to see a non/stop to MEX, but I imagine that isn't going to happen either.

Need more frequency on some key routes like DCA or BOS as well while I'm dreaming :)

pdxav8r

Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:50 am

BlatantEcho wrote:
HA will certainly return on PDX-OGG once they have their A321NEOs. That is just what they are for.

--
For me, as an AS flyer (Gold for many years now) I need the following (considering the Delta breakup this year)

Nonstop to DEN, JFK (2x daily) and then MKE/ABQ on the E175.

For Europe, the fact that Delta only flies 5x weekly in the winter, and they won't get me MP miles....
Late afternoon/early evening departure to Europe.... AF to CDG, BA to LHR, KLM take over AMS... whatever. Gotta have it.

For Asia: We desperately need JAL to go to NRT, or Korean to ICN.
(I think the dream of Cathay to Hong Kong is bananas, just not going to happen)

Mexico I would like to see a non/stop to MEX, but I imagine that isn't going to happen either.

Need more frequency on some key routes like DCA or BOS as well while I'm dreaming :)

Certainly agree with HA 321's to OGG, definitely imminent. Might even see them deploy the HNL 330 elsewhere (sadly) with the OGG add, and go 321 on that route as well. Maybe two RT's to HNL. HA may do that across the board on the west coast to access longer stage length destinations for the 330.

Possibly AA MIA, but there are many MIA connections that can also be attained through DFW. Could see JFK on either AA or AS.

Will be interesting to see if/when DL corporate contracts expire, if they re-up and keep NRT. All the talk of going all in with HND, but DL is still running the PDX/NRT route. Me also thinks this goes JL or KE if it is eventually axed, based on AS. Agreed on Hong Kong, not happening any time soon.

Could see BA to LHR. DL jumped first, but if feed isn't satisfactory after losing AS partnership, could see them dumping it.

BOS must really be seasonal, as Jet Blue doesn't fly the route at all in the winter, but twice in the summer, so not sure we will see any adds there.

DEN on AS still confuses me. I get that there are plenty of flights on other airlines, but no tags. Possibly AS feels they would need multiple flights to justify the route, and they don't/can't afford the frames at this time.

Don't see any more Mexico service. Volaris or AS may add frequency, but doubtful. Volaris is actually losing one weekly frequency soon.

RWA380

Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:47 am

ANA787 wrote:

I'll start:

BA announces PDX-LHR.

pnwpdx wrote:

I am sill going to expect a PEK-PDX flight on HU at some point, KE would also be a good match for PDX. As long as DL maintains the NRT flight, I'd be surprised if there were any push for an additional service. The DL flight pays for itself in O/D traffic, connections are just gravy.

I'd be very surprised about DL to CDG, there is just too much European build up to/from PDX durig the summer & the TATL is very seasonal to/from PDX.

DL will remain a connection in Seattle or Los Angeles to Hawaii, they aren't interested in fighting out a 3 way battle for lower fares to HNL, with HA & AS. When they fly for two weeks over the Holiday season, they are just shooting fish in a barrel at that point.

AS will ad two of those mentioned cities by end of year 2017 to PDX, that I know of.

PDX757 wrote:

jbpdx wrote:

If HA adds any PDX service on a 321neo, it'll be OGG-PDX, as AS currently is operating 2 non-stops a day & are unchallenged on the route. IMO, BWI is on the AS radar for PDX.

pnwpdx wrote:
And does anyone else foresee additional flights to Mexico? Maybe Mexico City? Or just additional flights to Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, or even see Cancun?

Yes, it is a forgone conclusion that HA will return to the OGG-PDX marketonce the 321neo's arrive. The three cities PDX needs service to in Mexico are already all served. If SEA can't support a MEX n/s, neither will PDX. I have heard AS has considered seasonal PDX-CUN flights, not sure if that'll ever happen, but just maybe by Nov 2017.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

FLYKTPA

Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:44 pm

RWA380 wrote:
ANA787 wrote:

I'll start:

BA announces PDX-LHR.

pnwpdx wrote:

I am sill going to expect a PEK-PDX flight on HU at some point, KE would also be a good match for PDX. As long as DL maintains the NRT flight, I'd be surprised if there were any push for an additional service. The DL flight pays for itself in O/D traffic, connections are just gravy.

I'd be very surprised about DL to CDG, there is just too much European build up to/from PDX durig the summer & the TATL is very seasonal to/from PDX.

DL will remain a connection in Seattle or Los Angeles to Hawaii, they aren't interested in fighting out a 3 way battle for lower fares to HNL, with HA & AS. When they fly for two weeks over the Holiday season, they are just shooting fish in a barrel at that point.

AS will ad two of those mentioned cities by end of year 2017 to PDX, that I know of.

PDX757 wrote:

jbpdx wrote:

If HA adds any PDX service on a 321neo, it'll be OGG-PDX, as AS currently is operating 2 non-stops a day & are unchallenged on the route. IMO, BWI is on the AS radar for PDX.

pnwpdx wrote:

Yes, it is a forgone conclusion that HA will return to the OGG-PDX marketonce the 321neo's arrive. The three cities PDX needs service to in Mexico are already all served. If SEA can't support a MEX n/s, neither will PDX. I have heard AS has considered seasonal PDX-CUN flights, not sure if that'll ever happen, but just maybe by Nov 2017.

Hi, RWA380. How do you view the possibility of a PDX-TPA flight on Alaska? I know that PDX is one of TPA's largest unserved domestic destinations. I have a feeling that TPA is one of PDX's top unserved routes also. I also have a question about another SAN. Do you see SAN-TPA in the future for Alaska?
Huge fan of Tampa International Airport

flyboy80

Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:01 pm

There seems to be more ties between PDX and Tokyo specifically than other large Asia cities, such as Seoul. I guess a simple look at the economic ties to the US reveals Tokyo will continue to be the sole Asia service from PDX into the near future? But if such a large amount of PAX are simply O&D, then why not move the flight to HND? Certainly there could have been better options from other Delta cites, hubs, to keep NRT connecting traffic. I do wonder what the largest connecting points have been, historically, for Delta on PDX-NRT and what percent connects. I would expect them to mostly be large Asian business markets where Skyteam service exists via HND or Delta serves non-stop from SEA. Then again theres probably a minute amount of VFR traffic to places like GUM, SPN, MNL etc.

ucdtim17

Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:11 pm

HA A321s delayed delivery until 4Q this year, so that may be a 2018 addition

pdxswa

Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:06 am

AS/VX merger 739 at night

ANA787

Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:43 am

RWA380 wrote:

PDX757 wrote:

AS already flies PDX-TUS. So that leaves MKE/ABQ/DEN. Which two? DEN is a given IMO, a huge gap in the AS network. ABQ also seems likely since WN is dropping PDX-ABQ.

RWA380

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:24 am

FLYKTPA wrote:
Hi, RWA380. How do you view the possibility of a PDX-TPA flight on Alaska? I know that PDX is one of TPA's largest unserved domestic destinations. I have a feeling that TPA is one of PDX's top unserved routes also. I also have a question about another SAN. Do you see SAN-TPA in the future for Alaska?

We just added MCO, but that does not mean that TPA is out f the question at all, but we have more demand for FLL than TPA, too bad as I like that the Gulf side very much, I've got friends in Naples & we fly to TPA & drive.

ANA787 wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

PDX757 wrote:

AS already flies PDX-TUS. So that leaves MKE/ABQ/DEN. Which two? DEN is a given IMO, a huge gap in the AS network. ABQ also seems likely since WN is dropping PDX-ABQ.

DEN would be a great market for AS/QX with the E-175's & ABQ would certainly make some sense as WN has bailed. But the PDX-ABQ market isn't big, so an E-175 would be just about right sized. WN did funnel lots of connection on that flight, I'm pretty sure the O/D wasn't great, which is why they dropped it, too much capacity on a 73G even. But I think with connections AS has on the PDX side, the flight will be successful.

jetboy319

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:57 am

RWA380 wrote:

My guess would be PHL and DEN or IAD.

nmraja

Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:39 pm

I am hoping to see a PDX-CDG flight announced this year. Hope DL has some plans for it. I was anticipating AF to do this. I recently used DL on SEA-CDG and AMS-PDX sectors, and felt DL was better than AF. Delta has boards of PDX-LHR near their gates and counters. Hope to see similar things for CDG in the near future.

If this doesn't happen, I would love to see LH coming back to PDX with FRA connection again.
Raja.

32andBelow

Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:52 pm

Ton of snow in LMT. Airport closed.

flyboy80

Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:33 pm

nmraja wrote:
I am hoping to see a PDX-CDG flight announced this year. Hope DL has some plans for it. I was anticipating AF to do this. I recently used DL on SEA-CDG and AMS-PDX sectors, and felt DL was better than AF. Delta has boards of PDX-LHR near their gates and counters. Hope to see similar things for CDG in the near future.

If this doesn't happen, I would love to see LH coming back to PDX with FRA connection again.

I keep hearing this would be 'too much' capacity for PDX-Europe given the already operated AMS flights, as well as the Icelandair and Condor flights. If London only stays seasonal I wouldn't be surprised to see it replaced by CDG in the future on a seasonal basis. But I have heard in terms of actual traffic LHR is ahead of CDG from Portland. I imagine CDGs potential role (connections) is already covered by the AMS flight which is now an A333 year round.

Does anyone expect LHR will be announced year round at any point, and if so when would that be expected? If so I definitely would expect AMS going back to a 76T/Z seasonally as thats a lot of capacity to Europe during the winter months.

PDX757

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:59 am

flyboy80 wrote:
nmraja wrote:

I keep hearing this would be 'too much' capacity for PDX-Europe given the already operated AMS flights, as well as the Icelandair and Condor flights. If London only stays seasonal I wouldn't be surprised to see it replaced by CDG in the future on a seasonal basis. But I have heard in terms of actual traffic LHR is ahead of CDG from Portland. I imagine CDGs potential role (connections) is already covered by the AMS flight which is now an A333 year round.

Does anyone expect LHR will be announced year round at any point, and if so when would that be expected? If so I definitely would expect AMS going back to a 76T/Z seasonally as thats a lot of capacity to Europe during the winter months.

Summer 2017 will have nearly 1000 seats PDX-Europe on days when all flights operate. I have no idea how many people go to and from PDX and Europe, maybe those 1000 seats are adequate, maybe they aren't. Load factors would suggest that flights to Europe were quite well used last summer, is PDX's capacity somewhere between the 750 or so seats last summer and the 1000 next summer?
Don't get me wrong, I would love additional service at PDX, international carriers make for nice spotting but I don't mind extra from DL.

ANA787

Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:30 pm

Southwest is adding PDX-SFO 3x daily starting June 4, 2017.

GabPtown

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:46 pm

ANA787 wrote:
Southwest is adding PDX-SFO 3x daily starting June 4, 2017.

Great add by Southwest!! I wonder what other adds well see this year out of PDX?? Would love to see Penair add some new points in WA/OR from it's PDX hub...................

jbpdx

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:54 pm

Re: Southwest, Do we really need 35 flights a day between Portland and the Bay Area? I'd rather see some new unserved and/or underserved routes. Year round to BWI would be nice, but I doubt that was in today's announcement.

As for Europe, the only daily will still be Delta to Amsterdam. If Norwegian added PDX-Paris, it would likely only be twice weekly, which is what they run to Fort Lauderdale. And it would be the only 787 from PDX. Meanwhile, it's still slim pickins to Asia. Also, I'm wary of Portland being overdependent on Delta for international.

georgiabill

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:59 pm

Would AS/VX consolidate flights between PDX-SFO and free up aircraft to fly new or under served routes from PDX? Perhaps make PDX-BOS year round or start a PDX-MIA route?

jbpdx

Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:15 pm

Alaska flies year round to Boston, JetBlue is seasonal. Speculation is American would do Miami. Some of the traffic from PDX to SFO is for Asia connections, which would be reduced as nonstop Asia flights are added.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos