JAmie2k9
Topic Author

Delta Launches BOS-DUB, JFK-LIS; Relaunches JFK-TXL

Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:47 am

Seasonal daily service commences in May and runs until October.

jfklganyc

Re: Delta Launch Boston-Dublin

Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:07 am

This is an interesting add. I imagine a 757.

atcsundevil

Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:14 am

JAmie2k9
Topic Author

Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:16 am

VS4ever

Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:27 am

This is an excellent addition and exactly what is needed on the route. Summer lift on EI is just not enough at the moment and they don't have additional capacity.
Very happy at the news, be interested to see the flight timings.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

enilria

Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:29 am

That is super-odd given DL's clear guidance that Atlantic is weak and they plan to cut capacity. This would be a non-core add in all respects that would seem to fly in the face of that. It's also pretty unrelated to VS.

It is a message related to B6's spoken about A321LR Atlantic plans? Probably. That's one of the few routes the plane can definitely make.

keitherson

Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:42 am

Delta is going to fight for Boston. Come on B6!!!

enilria

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:03 pm

keitherson wrote:

No they aren't. They are so far behind at BOS it isn't even funny. That ship has sailed unless they pull a SEA, which they show no sign of doing. They are just throwing %^#&* at B6 to slow them down and/or irk them.

adamh8297

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:16 pm

enilria wrote:
That is super-odd given DL's clear guidance that Atlantic is weak and they plan to cut capacity. This would be a non-core add in all respects that would seem to fly in the face of that. It's also pretty unrelated to VS.

It is a message related to B6's spoken about A321LR Atlantic plans? Probably. That's one of the few routes the plane can definitely make.

But its the #3 transatlantic O+D destination from BOS and DL is already in the top 2 (LHR CDG). Add in codeshares they serve 5 out of the top 6 (FCO AMS) with only FRA as the only one unserved.

My other thought is that this may be related to DY/D8 BOS-British Isles plans as well but why compete with crazy low fares to ORK or EDI?

This is a play for BOS but its more strategic than SEA where you just bully AS as much as possible.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

tlecam

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:17 pm

This is not a Seattle fight. Seattle will not be Boston. Seattle did not have JFK and LGA 200 miles to the south and Delta does not need a transatlantic hub.

THis also isn't unexpected. Delta has been strategically adding non-hub routes out of Boston for quite awhile. Many have worked (CMH, MKE, RIC, RDU, IND etc...) while others haven't (CHS).

They've also been growing (upgauging) across the Atlantic from Boston, even in the face of general weakness.

They see an opportunity to add Dublin. No doubt a move to that makes B6 entry into translatlantic harder, but also is generally keeping with their strategy from Boston

Ironically, AA used to operate this route on a 757. It was a pretty miserable experience.
BOS-LGA-JFK | A:319/20/21, 332/3, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 787, 772, 744 || MD80, MD90

JAmie2k9
Topic Author

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:20 pm

752 is equipment to be used.

Would also say the service is motivated from this side with ST and KLM building in DUB and not allowing it all go to OW or IAG JVs.

Anybody could see how well BOS was doing for EI and this competition is good.

DUB is third bussiest Int route ex BOS and should pass CDG into second next year.
Last edited by JAmie2k9 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tlecam

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:20 pm

Interesting that they also announced JFK-BER and JFK - LIS. I agree with Enilria that they're odd adds in the face of Atlantic weakness. These are definitely summer vacation routes.

In the Delta press announcement, the DUB and LIS services are on 752, BER on 763.
BOS-LGA-JFK | A:319/20/21, 332/3, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 787, 772, 744 || MD80, MD90

N717TW

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:23 pm

enilria wrote:

True but that doesn't mean there aren't good strategic opportunities. There is a saying that "Dublin is closer to Boston than Berlin" and while that is generally meant as an insult to Ireland lack of connections to Europe, it does also signify how many personal and business conniptions exist between Ireland and New England. If EI can fill three planes (on average) a day between the two, then DL feels they can grab some of the business...plus take a swipe at B6 and IAG at the same time. Also remember that DL/KL is a strong competitor to EI in connecting the smaller English and Scottish cities to the US; so while I don't doubt this has some "chess game" actions against B6 its also a play against EI.

N717TW

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:24 pm

also part of some other routes:

restarting JFK-TXL and JFK-LIS

From DL:
"Starting May 25, 2017, Delta will introduce nonstop seasonal service between Dublin Airport and Boston Logan International Airport, which will operate until Sept. 4, 2017. This flight will complement Delta’s existing services to Dublin from New York-JFK and Atlanta.

Also on May 25, the airline will begin serving Portugal when it launches a daily seasonal flight between New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and Lisbon Airport, and will resume flights to Berlin with the launch of nonstop service between JFK and Tegel Airport. Both flights will operate until Oct. 27, 2017.

All flights will operate in conjunction with Delta’s joint venture partners Air France-KLM and Alitalia."

sxf24

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:25 pm

While not a totally random move, this appears to help rebalance the JV and offset capacity from other cuts.

aaflyer777

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:32 pm

I wonder if EI will add a third daily at some point, definitely seems like theres demand for it.

airbazar

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:37 pm

I like it. Right now DL is the only U.S. carriers thinking outside the box and this addition shows it. It's no surprise that the announcement comes a day after EI re-started DUB-BDL.
keitherson wrote:

I agree.
enilria wrote:
keitherson wrote:

No they aren't. They are so far behind at BOS it isn't even funny.

Fighting for Boston does not mean being bigger in Boston. It means making money where there's money to be made. It means building on what they have and growing. And unlike AA which will have no choice but to shrink if they want to fit all operations under one roof, DL actually has gate capacity to grow.

JAmie2k9
Topic Author

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:41 pm

aaflyer777 wrote:
I wonder if EI will add a third daily at some point, definitely seems like theres demand for it.

Wouldn't expect so

FSDan

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:44 pm

I think BOS-DUB will be DL's only transatlantic route that doesn't touch a hub on either end. All others from U.S. non-hubs go to either CDG or AMS.

"this appears to help rebalance the JV and offset capacity from other cuts"

Which other cuts have been announced? Presumably these cuts would be from AF-KL if it is really about rebalancing?
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

n272wa

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:46 pm

tlecam wrote:
This is not a Seattle fight. Seattle will not be Boston. Seattle did not have JFK and LGA 200 miles to the south and Delta does not need a transatlantic hub.

THis also isn't unexpected. Delta has been strategically adding non-hub routes out of Boston for quite awhile. Many have worked (CMH, MKE, RIC, RDU, IND etc...) while others haven't (CHS).

They've also been growing (upgauging) across the Atlantic from Boston, even in the face of general weakness.

They see an opportunity to add Dublin. No doubt a move to that makes B6 entry into translatlantic harder, but also is generally keeping with their strategy from Boston

Ironically, AA used to operate this route on a 757. It was a pretty miserable experience.

The route AA previously served was BOS-SNN. Not BOS-DUB.

commavia

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:57 pm

tlecam wrote:

As mentioned, the route AA previously operated was BOS-SNN, not BOS-DUB.

airbazar wrote:
I like it. Right now DL is the only U.S. carriers thinking outside the box and this addition shows it.

I agree that Delta is being far more aggressive than either of its major network carrier competitors in some ways, but I'm not sure a seasonal 757 in a highly seasonally popular market that already has hundreds of daily seats is "outside the box." I'd place that firmly, squarely, inside said box. JFK-AGP and JFK-PSA - those were "outside the box" when started. A seasonal 757 JFK-DUB just seems like a relatively low-risk place to park seasonal longhaul capacity in a place where it will almost certainly be easy to fill.

airbazar wrote:
And unlike AA which will have no choice but to shrink if they want to fit all operations under one roof, DL actually has gate capacity to grow.

Source? I believe AA's present operation could fit entirely on the USAirways side of B as-is.

cloudboy

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:57 pm

tlecam wrote:

It may be 200 miles linearly, but as far as getting between the two, it is not that close. That is why you can have trains and planes every hour between the two. They might as well be 500 miles apart. It is not a leisurely 3 hour drive, especially when you factor in traffic.
"Six becoming three doesn't create more Americans that want to fly." -Adam Pilarski

jumbojet

Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:06 pm

If you ask me, B6 indicating the desire to start TATL from BOS/JFK is the primary motivating factor for DL starting these seasonal routes. I don't think these would have popped if not for B6. DL is certainly not going to standby and let JetBlue have a field day on these and probably other TATL routes. Hmmm what else can we expect DL to add out of BOS/JFK? What about BOS-LGW?

Polot

Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:10 pm

cloudboy wrote:
tlecam wrote:

It may be 200 miles linearly, but as far as getting between the two, it is not that close. That is why you can have trains and planes every hour between the two. They might as well be 500 miles apart. It is not a leisurely 3 hour drive, especially when you factor in traffic.

Yes but from a network perspective a major hub (a la SEA) is not needed at BOS by DL because JFK/LGA are 200 mi to the the south.

BOS will be like RDU- DL strategically adding flights here or there to push back against B6 based primarily on O&D demand.

jumbojet wrote:
What about BOS-LGW?

1) DL currently doesn't serve LGW and I doubt will start with BOS.
2) I doubt DL will add LGW when DL/VS have 2x daily flights to LHR already from BOS.

avi8

Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:29 pm

I would say it's a low-risk experiment. They might be testing the waters out. If it doesn't work, don't launch it next year and that's it.
avi8

Medschool student

incitatus

Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:36 pm

enilria wrote:
. That ship has sailed unless they pull a SEA, which they show no sign of doing. They are just throwing %^#&* at B6 to slow them down and/or irk them.

You mean pulling a SEA in BOS with sea planes? There is no tarmac or land at BOS for DL to do much more than they do today.
I do not consume Murdoch products including the Wall Street Journal

a380787

Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:49 pm

The sinister part of me thinks there's a bit of revenge pay-back against B6 for becoming BFFs with EK.

MIflyer12

Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:58 pm

Surprised nobody has mentioned it: How will Delta route a lie-flat 75S to BOS for the BOS-DUB services? Via JFK, or maybe LAX or SFO?

bomber996

Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:12 pm

airbazar wrote:
And unlike AA which will have no choice but to shrink if they want to fit all operations under one roof, DL actually has gate capacity to grow.

And DL should soon have access back to the gates WN is using in A if WN moves to the Legacy AA side of B. Would DL have A all to themselves at that point?

Peace
"We've recently upped our standards, so up yours." - Federal Aviation Administration

Sightseer

Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:18 pm

Pretty cool addition(s). If it wasn't clear from previous announcements (SFO, BNA, etc) that DL wants to be more of a player in BOS, it should be now. Of course, I highly doubt that means trying to take the #1 spot from B6.

N717TW wrote:
Also on May 25, the airline will begin serving Portugal when it launches a daily seasonal flight between New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and Lisbon Airport

Finally. USA-LIS is quite a backtrack via CDG or AMS, and a seasonal 752 is a good way to test the waters.

styles9002

Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:21 pm

Great to see DL launch BOS-DUB for S17.

I note too that KL is resuming DUB service with its own metal from Oct 2016 after a very long hiatus. They had relied on code-share service with EI for the last 40 odd years. It will be twice daily W16 and then increase to 4 daily for S17. There is some talk the code-share will be dropped as well as I am sure KL and DL want to route all their pax on their own services.
It is what it is.

a380787

Re: Delta Launches BOS-DUB, JFK-LIS; Relaunches JFK-TXL

Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:25 pm

the headline should read "DL sees over-capacity and yield-pressure across Atlantic, decides to double down anyway"

aaflyer777

Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:33 pm

bomber996 wrote:
airbazar wrote:

And DL should soon have access back to the gates WN is using in A if WN moves to the Legacy AA side of B. Would DL have A all to themselves at that point?

Peace

Yes they will control all of the A gates when WN moves to B, the only exception will be the one gate Westjet uses.

MIflyer12

Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:42 pm

a380787 wrote:
the headline should read "DL sees over-capacity and yield-pressure across Atlantic, decides to double down anyway"

I don't think three seasonal flights - and two on 757s at that - is a meaningful addition to Delta TATL ASKms. Downgauging year-round AMS and CDG flights would have more impact.

It seems more interesting that DL will directly compete with UA on two city pairs that have big Star Alliance activity on both ends.

If DL is looking for more places to send the ex-Shanghai 757s (after conversion to 75S, please), my vote is JFK-Casablanca.

ScottB

Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:16 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
Surprised nobody has mentioned it: How will Delta route a lie-flat 75S to BOS for the BOS-DUB services? Via JFK, or maybe LAX or SFO?

There are plenty of ways to do it. They can send one up from ATL or JFK on one of the regularly scheduled flights to BOS. They could also swap out one of the 738s currently flying LAX-BOS.

incitatus wrote:
There is no tarmac or land at BOS for DL to do much more than they do today.

Once WN moves to the legacy-AA pier of Terminal B, DL would have access to nearly as many gates at BOS (21, minus one shared with WS) as B6. While I don't expect DL to challenge B6 by turning BOS into a hub like SEA, they do have a fair amount of room to grow their operation at BOS should they choose to do so.

jumbojet wrote:
If you ask me, B6 indicating the desire to start TATL from BOS/JFK is the primary motivating factor for DL starting these seasonal routes. I don't think these would have popped if not for B6.

It seems really, really premature to call seasonal BOS-DUB and JFK-LIS service being motivated by B6's purported interest in going transatlantic. B6 transatlantic service is still at least a few years off with the A321LRs arriving in 2020, and it's unlikely that DL would be able to build a large base of loyal customers with summer seasonal service in these markets. There's really not much of a first-mover advantage in seasonal leisure markets where booking is largely driven by price and package tour operators -- and market conditions will undoubtedly change over the next four years.

IMO this is just being opportunistic in gaining access to markets which are strong in the summer, and DL's focus operation at BOS can help to bolster the BOS-DUB flight, just as it does for BOS-LHR/CDG/AMS.

klm617

Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:29 pm

With this announcement is there still any chance for some Detroit adds to Europe for 2017 any rumblings on DTW-MAN
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

BWIAirport

Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Sightseer wrote:
Finally. USA-LIS is quite a backtrack via CDG or AMS, and a seasonal 752 is a good way to test the waters.

I believe TP and UA fly EWR-LIS seasonally. TP may be year-round, not sure.
Next flight: November 23 BA216 IAD-LHR A388
November 24 BA814 LHR-CPH A320

SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN, AAL | E190 DC94 CRJ2 B712 B733 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B753 B762 B77W A319 A320 A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88

BWIAirport

Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:35 pm

Does anyone know the schedules for the three flights?
Next flight: November 23 BA216 IAD-LHR A388
November 24 BA814 LHR-CPH A320

SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN, AAL | E190 DC94 CRJ2 B712 B733 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B753 B762 B77W A319 A320 A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88

airbazar

Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:52 pm

commavia wrote:
airbazar wrote:
I like it. Right now DL is the only U.S. carriers thinking outside the box and this addition shows it.

I agree that Delta is being far more aggressive than either of its major network carrier competitors in some ways, but I'm not sure a seasonal 757 in a highly seasonally popular market that already has hundreds of daily seats is "outside the box." I'd place that firmly, squarely, inside said box.

Operating routes from BOS, not a hub, to another non-hub destination these days is almost by definition "outside the box" IMO. Sad I know but that's what it's become.
But it's not just this route. Over the last 2 years DL has been expanding in BOS. Some additions didn't last (LAS), but overall they are growing. They are adding SFO, BNA, and increasing MKE for example, and they are adding seasonal to a few Caribbean destinations. All non-hub flying. And now DUB. And outside of BOS you have MCO-GRU for example.I'm sure there are others.

airbazar wrote:

Source? I believe AA's present operation could fit entirely on the USAirways side of B as-is.[/quote]
There's no need for a source. Just do the math :) Or you can read the latest Boston Aviation thread where the planned modifications to terminal B are being discussed.

enilria

Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:02 pm

N717TW wrote:
JFK-LIS
airbazar wrote:
Fighting for Boston does not mean being bigger in Boston. It means making money where there's money to be made.

BOS-DUB is a well-known low-yield market and if they are flying with a 757 then they won't even have a chance at any real yield.
incitatus wrote:
You mean pulling a SEA in BOS with sea planes? There is no tarmac or land at BOS for DL to do much more than they do today.

They said the same in SEA, but I agree that DL is just messing with B6. They won't build a SEA style hub.
a380787 wrote:
The sinister part of me thinks there's a bit of revenge pay-back against B6 for becoming BFFs with EK.

In fairness to DL, they have been in a tit-for-tat battle with B6 before EK was an issue.
a380787 wrote:

Exactly
ScottB wrote:
It seems really, really premature to call seasonal BOS-DUB and JFK-LIS service being motivated by B6's purported interest in going transatlantic.

I have to disagree. Both those routes were probably on B6's short (range)-list for A321LR...although JFK-LIS makes more sense for DL.
adamh8297 wrote:
enilria wrote:

But its the #3 transatlantic O+D destination from BOS and DL is already in the top 2 (LHR CDG). Add in codeshares they serve 5 out of the top 6 (FCO AMS) with only FRA as the only one unserved.

Those are all partner hubs. DUB is not. It makes a big difference. DL flies hardly anything non-hub to non-hub.

airzona11

Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:10 pm

Delta is being opportunistic, launching routes it views as feasible with a plane to match the demand, the 757, that is available today. They have a large hub in NYC, these seasonal adds make sense. They are established in BOS and flights to DUB, seasonally, are pretty low risk.

It is funny to read some perspective on this, where hypothetical routes like this are touted as innovative if flown by A321LRs by airlines other than DL/UA/AA, yet are anything but if the US3 do it.

EMB170

Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:19 pm

All of these make sense. BOS-DUB, as has been said, is the #3 O&D TATL route out of BOS, and may very well pass CDG next year. JFK-LIS, I've always thought, was a hole in the DL TATL network, as DL hasn't served it in many years (not since they codeshared with TP), and routing connections through CDG takes one really out of the way. JFK-TXL, I think, DL feels a little more bullish on given AB's recent problems. IIRC, DL served JFK-TXL until AB entered the route and depressed yields. Perhaps with Air Berlin's precarious situation, DL feels a bit more confident in their ability to make money on this flight.
IND ORD ATL MCO PIT EWR BUF CVG DEN RNO JFK DTW BOS BDL BWI IAD RDU CLT MYR CHS TPA CID MSP STL MSY DFW IAH AUS SLC LAS

n272wa

Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:41 pm

BWIAirport wrote:

DL154 BOS 2110 DUB 0830+1
DL155 DUB 1015 BOS 1241

DL422 JFK 1949 TXL 1030+1
DL222 TXL 1330 JFK 1619

DL473 JFK 2143 LIS 1000+1
DL273 LIS 1135 JFK 1419

MSPNWA

Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:45 pm

So much for capacity discipline across the Atlantic. You know what this means - cuts for their monopoly routes or those under high market power. Bad news there.

tlecam

Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:58 pm

cloudboy wrote:
tlecam wrote:

I agree - I didn't mean to say that people were driving or training to JFK. My point was more about Delta having TATL flights from JFK (and ATL). THey don't need Boston for that. They didn't have that with SEattle.

Super88

Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Rumors about DL starting Ireland service has been around for age's especially when the 737-800's were added.....a lot of things have changed since then and now seems to be the right time....If DUB work's out SNN might be next.....FCO wouldn't surprise me somewhere down the line.....DL has always been strong in BOS, flights have come and gone but never abandoned like other airlines have.....BOS has always had a strong International presence even with JFK down the road.....

styles9002

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:11 pm

[quote="enilria"] BOS-DUB is a well-known low-yield market and if they are flying with a 757 then they won't even have a chance at any real yield.

Is there any data to back this claim up? Are you comparing it to some other route or routes? Or is this an opinion?

Some of the data I've seen indicates that EI has seen strong yield on this route, especially in J class. I don't claim to have access to all or most of the data but from what I've seen I wouldn't classify BOS-DUB as 'well-known low yield'.
It is what it is.

a380787

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:14 pm

DL certainly has a very unique way of attempting to win over BOS wallet share - having nonstops to Charleston SC and MKE but asks you to connect if you're heading to Chicago or DC.

VS4ever

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:43 pm

n272wa wrote:
BWIAirport wrote:

DL154 BOS 2110 DUB 0830+1
DL155 DUB 1015 BOS 1241

DL422 JFK 1949 TXL 1030+1
DL222 TXL 1330 JFK 1619

DL473 JFK 2143 LIS 1000+1
DL273 LIS 1135 JFK 1419

I like the schedule for BOS fits in line with their other TATL flights and keeps them out of the evening crush at Terminal E. 8.30am is a little late for a morning arrival if doing business in DUB
But the capacity is definitely needed :)
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

lesfalls

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:44 pm

I'm quite surprised about BOS-DUB and JFK-LIS. JFK-TXP is understandable since it seems that TXL has a lot of demand. Maybe JFK-LIS is just being started to stop TP from flying JFK-LIS? It could be affecting DL quite badly with them having quite some cheap tickets at the moment.
Lufthansa: Einfach ein bisschen mehr.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos