Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Delta777Jet
Topic Author

Aegean changing name to Olympic ???

Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:15 pm

I am booked on several Aegean Airlines flights (A3) in November and all domestic flights are operated by A3 on behalf of Olympic Air. All flights are operated by A-320. Why is A3 transfering all flight to Olympic. Are they going to change the name from Aegean to Olympic soon?
I still miss Trans World Airlines and the L-1011

Freshside3

Re: Aegean changing name to Olympic ???

Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:28 pm

And another A3/OA deal........which may be related to this.....the new SKG-PAS nonstop trip is not available to sell through many of the online agencies, or through other airlines' sites......yet the same carriers are able to sell, on an ongoing basis, the PAS-ATH and all other SKG trips.

Why is PAS-SKG being "singled out"?

ahmetdouas

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:11 am

Could be, it is one airline anyway. In terms of Logo on the planes, all the prop planes are Olympic Air and all the A320 series planes are Aegean Airlines. I doubt they will change the logo. It's all one company anyway. For whatever reason, it seems their domestic flights more and more use OA flight numbers even with Aegean metal while their international all use Aegean.

runway23

Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:09 am

Nothing new here. A3 operate a number of OA flights with their Airbus aircraft and OA operate some A3 flights with their Dash 8s and ATRs. It's already done on a daily basis on a number of destinations.

I very much doubt the Aegean name would disappear, it is a well respected brand in Greece and Europe. Olympic on the other hand is historic but did go through a couple of bad years but still has a affective side to it for the Greeks.

gzm

Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:49 pm

This is an interesting observation. Since they have bought Olympic Air,why not have the planes painted in Aegean colours (if you can call it colours),absorb it into Aegean and get it over with. I think that perhaps you are right.They keep the Olympic Air brand alive just in case they close down some day.Then they could reboot by renaming themselves Olympic.One wonders...

propchaser

Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:37 am

I did a day return flight CFU-ATH-CFU with Aegean on the 15th Sept last,the flight had an OA flight number and all I can say is , it was one of the best experiences that I have ever had , from check in to onboard service, great crew, immaculate aircraft, keep up the great work Agean/Olympic

KPWMSpotter

Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:05 pm

I just got off of an Aegean flight this morning (CFU-ATH). The aircraft (and all in-flight magazines and such) were branded 100% as Aegean. At the airport, however, all announcements, flight numbers, and boarding calls were 100% Olympic with no mention of Aegean.

Even more interestingly, I booked the flight a month ago through Aegean's website (and received a confirmation Email with Aegean flight numbers) however when I tried to check in at an Aegean kiosk at the airport, it told me that "check in is unavailable, check in wth the operating airline" (which only required me to click the Olympic logo from the kiosk start screen...)

Definitely some consolidation towards the Olympic name going on, but I can't find any clear information about what the end result will be.
I reject your reality and substitute my own...

AWACSooner

Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:34 pm

I flew DUS-ATH-CHQ back in February...second flight was "operated by Olympic on behalf of Aegean" even though it was the exact same A320 that brought me into ATH from DUS.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos