Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FB330
Topic Author

KLM F70 Retirement Plan and E175 Introductions

Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:17 pm

There is a good thread going at the moment talking about KLM's 747 retirement schedule, so wondered if there was any informed folks out there who could update us on what is happening with the F70s.

I know the F70s should be gone in the next 12-15 months, but does anyone have a list of which aircraft are going and when?

Also, what is the planned delivery schedule for their replacement, the E175?

I believe there are currently 3 E175s in the fleet.

Iemand91

Re: KLM F70 Retirement Plan and E175 Introductions

Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:02 am

FB330 wrote:
There is a good thread going at the moment talking about KLM's 747 retirement schedule, so wondered if there was any informed folks out there who could update us on what is happening with the F70s.

I know the F70s should be gone in the next 12-15 months, but does anyone have a list of which aircraft are going and when?

The final Fokker F70 flight is scheduled for 29 October, 2017.

This is roughly the planning for phase-out:
Nov-16 PH-KZA
Nov-16 PH-WXD
Feb-17 PH-KZD
Mar-17 PH-KZE
May-17 PH-KZK
Jun-17 PH-KZC
Aug-17 PH-KZB
Sep-17 PH-KZP
Nov-17 PH-KZI
Nov-17 PH-KZL
Dec-17 PH-KZU
Jan-18 PH-KZM
Feb-18 PH-KZS

Source
Also, what is the planned delivery schedule for their replacement, the E175?

I believe there are currently 3 E175s in the fleet.

Correct.

Next E175 (PH-EXJ) will arrive next month. The remaining E175's will arrive until June 2018.
Some aviation photo's on my Flickr-page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/iemand91/

FB330
Topic Author

Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:03 pm

Perfect, just what I needed. I wonder why if the final flight is October 17, some aircraft aren't leaving until early 2018?

Going to be a sad day when these little blue birds leave our skies.

Iemand91

Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:56 pm

FB330 wrote:
Perfect, just what I needed. I wonder why if the final flight is October 17, some aircraft aren't leaving until early 2018?

Well; the news that the final flight will be on October 29th, 2017 is more recent than that list. Maybe they're accelerating the phase-out of the last Fokkers?

Indeed sad. It also means that our government plane (also a Fokker F70) will leave (most likely a 737BBJ will replace it since the King will also fly the 737 instead of his current F70).
The Netherlands is one of the very few countries in the world where the government plane is designed, built and maintained in it's own country.
Some aviation photo's on my Flickr-page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/iemand91/

Dutchy

Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:16 pm

Iemand91 wrote:
FB330 wrote:

Well; the news that the final flight will be on October 29th, 2017 is more recent than that list. Maybe they're accelerating the phase-out of the last Fokkers?

Indeed sad. It also means that our government plane (also a Fokker F70) will leave (most likely a 737BBJ will replace it since the King will also fly the 737 instead of his current F70).
The Netherlands is one of the very few countries in the world where the government plane is designed, built and maintained in it's own country.

Correct, it will be a shame when that isn't the case anymore. Both the government plane and Fokkers with KLM, a relationship which started almost 100 years ago.

There were talks of taking a second hand Airbus ACJ319 from India, they were close of taking that one, so it will be interesting if Willemlex will fly that one. A BBJ might also be in the running, will simplify things for our Prince Pills. (sorry can't take a royal serieus anymore, it is relic rom the past which has no place in a democratic society, Go Farao Arjen I).

I thought it was this one: http://www.avbuyer.com/aircraft-for-sale/airbus/a319
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos