S75752

Re: Rumor* Norwegian OAK- Rome,Paris,Madrid

Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:32 am

babastud wrote:

I would imagine that Papeete is a very high end leisure market and not a cheap place to visit. I can't really see DY working that market, especially from OAK. I could see AF using one of their 777 from SFO 2-3 times a week to Papeete, maybe a seasonal route?

High yielding leisure is precisely what DY would want, no reason for them not to pursue it and provide better prices along the way. I don't think Air France would be able to make it work with a 777, too many seats, DY could be the only one to do it by providing that option for ORY customers to continue.

babastud
Topic Author

Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:32 pm

S75752 wrote:
babastud wrote:

I would imagine that Papeete is a very high end leisure market and not a cheap place to visit. I can't really see DY working that market, especially from OAK. I could see AF using one of their 777 from SFO 2-3 times a week to Papeete, maybe a seasonal route?

High yielding leisure is precisely what DY would want, no reason for them not to pursue it and provide better prices along the way. I don't think Air France would be able to make it work with a 777, too many seats, DY could be the only one to do it by providing that option for ORY customers to continue.

Well, I hope your right! I would love to have the link between SFO and Papeete. I always wondered given Bay Area economic wealth why there was not a non-stop, seems like a no-brainier. But I guess the LAX transit is the only way?

SFOA380

Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:00 am

babastud wrote:
S75752 wrote:
babastud wrote:

Well, I hope your right! I would love to have the link between SFO and Papeete. I always wondered given Bay Area economic wealth why there was not a non-stop, seems like a no-brainier. But I guess the LAX transit is the only way?

There is a long history of Bay Area-Tahiti service - From AOM, Minerve, UTA, AF and Corsair. The last service was actually Corsair from OAK. It is my understanding the French Polynesian tourism sector has seen a drastic contraction over the last 20 years or so. If only one USA mainland gateway survives, naturally it would be LAX.

TWA772LR

Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:25 am

As far as Papeete goes, a ORY-OAK-PPT through-flight could work for DY.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

bluefltspecial

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:42 am

Mortyman wrote:
I'm surprised they haven't more from Germany ...

Ahhhhh Lufthansa group has that on lockdown... Lufthansa, Germanwings, Swiss, Austrian, and now Brussels Airlines... add in some Air Berlin, not anytime soon... Why bother go for a bloody nose in a fight when you can take candy laying being held out for you to take away...? Just my .02

In other interesting news... Norwegian is planning on using the 787 intra-Europe... Not the routes I would have expected. The 737 is always weight restricted out of DXB apparently so that was my first guess... I guess this was more of an ability to check off crew and maximize utilization, though. Curious to see if they offer anything in their premium cabin on a short haul route... for free at least... From what I remember they used the 787 to AGP when they first started to get crews trained on it quicker...

Posted: 02 Oct 2016 07:30 PM PDT
Norwegian in last week’s schedule update has filed a number of intra-European service by the Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner, mainly operating to/from Oslo for summer 2017 season. Preliminary schedule filing as follow, effective 26MAR17.

Oslo – Barcelona
DY1738 OSL0645 – 1005BCN 788 157
DY1739 BCN1215 – 1540OSL 788 157
Boeing 787-9 scheduled to operate this flight from 09JUN17 to 30JUL17. Reservation for this flight is currently not available.

Oslo – Nice
DY1406 OSL1710 – 2005NCE 788 x23
DY1407 NCE2105 – 2355OSL 788 x23
Boeing 787-9 scheduled to operate this flight from 08JUN17 to 29JUL17. Reservation for Day 47, as well as Day 15 from 19JUN17 to 28JUL17 is available.
Save a horse, ride a Fly-boy....

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos