USAIRDC9
Topic Author

OK So I Am A Chicken.........

Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:22 am

Hello,
I went out to fly today on the Cessna C-150....
I parked the car right in front of it and was kinda comparing sizes and was like whoa that thing is sooooooooooo small........ I had just eat a ton and a half or so of pizza and diddnt feel very well anyways but I probably would have still flown and get chunked out of the window is I needed to  Smile lol....... But I looked at it and I was like no way am I getting in that airplane!
I felt so chicken and embarrased and was thinking well there goes my flying career and no I have regrets about going..... I am thinking that maybe I will go to the other airport which has brand spanking new planes,better safety standards,etc and take a flight or 2 or 3 there so I will get more comfortable with flying in smaller aircraft then go to the other school in the old airplanes and take actual lessons there........... So could some of you please tell me what you first thought when you all went up for your first lessons??????????????? THANKS............

KAUSpilot

RE: OK So I Am A Chicken.........

Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:37 am

I was never scared in the least about going up in the 1977 Cessna 172 that my local FBO rented out for instruction. Just keep in mind that you have a VERY experienced pilot right next to you (your instructor) and that even if the engine goes out, you can still glide quite a good distance, and definitely make it to a nice level field for an emergency landing if not an airport.

I have since switched to flying a 1975 Cessna 150. The 150 is a really fun airplane to fly and I wouldn't hesitate to fly in one. First of all, any airplane that is used for instructions is required to undergo an extensive inspection every 100 hrs of engine operation or annually, whichever comes first. In addition, you are required to go through an extensive preflight checklist before any flight, so if anything at all is wrong with the airplane, you will pick it up in the preflight check. Have your instructor take you through the preflight routine for the first couple of weeks so you can get a feel about what you should specifically be looking for, and what is and isn't normal.

All in all, there is nothing to be afraid of. I have read that statistically, flying a general aviation airplane is about as safe as riding a motorcylcle. Personally, I wouldn't hesitiate to take a trip using either of the aforementioned forms of transportation. Reckless/Careless operation, deviation from manufacturer's reccomended procedures and failure to adhere to manufacterer specified limitations are probably the #1 reasons for accidents in General Aviation airplanes. Just be careful, observant, err on the side of caution, and remember to fly the airplane, don't let the airplane fly you.

USAIRDC9
Topic Author

Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:45 am

Hey,
Thanks KAUS..... Well I know that you check it over and all but still accidents happen over 1,500 in 15 years in the 150 alone and in the USA! But you see probably no one in the accidents wanted it to happen but still it did......... What is the best way to get over the first flight jitters and what are some other peoples experiences??????????

VapourTrails

RE: Flying Lessons

Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:45 am

So could some of you please tell me what you first thought when you all went up for your first lessons?? Well I haven't even got that far yet! ...getting there..  Wink/being sarcastic I won't eat too much beforehand though, not wise.

Good luck!

IMissPiedmont

Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:46 am

My thought on my first lesson when the instructor told me to take the wheel was "What?!! ME?" I did and discovered that it was a very nice feeling. Of course I wasn't burdened with having a drivers license at the time. I did'nt have to unlearn a lot of things that you do in a car. You will discover that either flying ranks right up there with sex or that you really don't belong in a cockpit. If you still have fear after your first flight, with the exception of the first few minutes of your solo, you might want to consider another avocation. Of course I refer only to the fear of normal flight situations. If you don't feel at least a small twinge when the engine stutters over Lake Ponchatrain, you will most likely be dead soon.

BTW, you will forget the small size of the 150 in about 2 minutes.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

777-200

Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:46 am

My First Flying Lesson was Fun! yeah all the fun Started when the Ground crew hooked up the glider to the tow cable and took us up to 3,000 feet of course on this flight My Instructor Just got me Familiar with the Glider so we were only up their for about 20 minutes, landing had to be all the fun see at my Glider port theirs a Very tall power line about a mile from the end of the runway so we had to make a very tight turn to get on the runway and then we pass directly over a Road about hmm i say 20-30 feet below then we land on the 700 foot long Section were all landings take place. but overall it was very fun!  Big thumbs up

777-200
Another Day, Another Dollar.... Young Jeezy

serge

Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:47 am

Hi,

I am currently 13 years of age and just started working on my PPL at an early age (I'm career motivated and love flying, I can't wait 2.5 years!). Anyway, I have 4.2 hours in a Cessna 152 and .5 hours in a Cessna 172. Only 8 takeoffs and landings so far.

When I first took my intro flight for 30 minutes in a Cessna 172, I was not one bit worried, scared, etc, that the plane was "unsafe", "unreliable",
"too old", etc.. There is no reason to worry, FBOs maintain their aircraft with tough standards and are flown by experienced CFIs. Anyway, I had a great first flight and was pumped up for more.

I decided to fly the Cessna 152 my FBO owns to save $15 an hour compared to the 172 for my lessons. Once again, there is nothing at all to worry about, especially with a well maintained plane and with an experienced CFI in the right seat, how can you complain?

Student pilots are meant to fly in training airplanes, like C150s, C152s, C172s, PA-38s..etc.. not biz jets like Gulfstream Vs!  Wink/being sarcastic

Just don't worry about the Cessna 150 or any other plane..  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Heres the 152 I am training in:

>:

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Serge Walczak

...Serge

Racers22

Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:54 am

If I were you, I would be questioning whether or not I was actually ready to take lessons. I have read your other posts about this topic and you seem to be stuck on the thought of crashing. Do you worry whether or not you are going to get into an accident when you get into your car everyday? You would probably be more likely to crash on your way to the airport than you would be during your lesson. I would personally go up in the C150. I have about 40 hours in a C150 and I love them. They are very forgiving planes. If the plane were not safe to fly then it would not be available to rent. As KAUSpilot said, they have to undergo strict inspections every 100 hours or every year, whichever comes first. You will get more time for your money in the 150!

markk

Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:59 am

I am a former fearful flier of 17 years and I just solo'd in a 69 Cessna 150.
Like you I have read a lot of NTSB reports (part of my obsession with airline safety when I was trying to beat my fear of flying) I did read some on 150's, and many of those 1500 accidents you mentioned there are a lot of instances of flying in not so good conditions. Also those trainers go through more strict maitenance schedules than typical 150's. So you don't have much to worry about. Also engine outs are not as big a deal as it would seem. They do glide quite nicely.

Mark

VapourTrails

Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:00 pm

The part about the driver's licence is interesting.

If you still have fear after your first flight, with the exception of the first few minutes of your solo, you might want to consider another avocation. Of course I refer only to the fear of normal flight situations. I don't imagine I will be nervous, unless I should be! Just nervous this is totally new hope I don't stuff up and do the right things so I have confidence etc.

KAUSpilot

Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:06 pm

In the past 10 years 951 accidents involving the cessna 150 were reported tt the NTSB. Of those 951, only 101 were fatal.

That figure is not worrying at all. Consider this: There are thousands and thousands of 150's flying today. At least half the people flying them are probably student pilots or other low-time pilots using the airplane for instructional purposes. The point is, almost all the accidents involving the 150 are PILOT-ERROR, not a problem with the airplane. This is simply due to the fact that the 150 is probably the most financially excessible aircraft out there, making the pool of potential pilots quite large. Concentrate on being a good pilot and you should have no trouble.

The 172, on the other hand, had 1742 accidents over the same time period, 211 of them fatal. Purely based on statistics the 150 would be safer.

USAIRDC9
Topic Author

Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:21 pm

Hello,
It is like no one wants to believe that accidents do happen, I thank you for your help and trying to calm my fears by saying that they are inspected and safe yet things still do happen. I read over and over NTSB reports on the Cessna C-150 and I am sure that nobody knew that anyone of those 1,500 or so had something wrong with it.
I just want to go and do something that I love but I cant because I am a damn stupid chicken! And I hate myself for not going. If I had a brand new 152 right here and a pro like the guys at the airport then I would go but apearance means alot to me even though it should not.... It is old and you can tell that.................
I am seriously considering waiting until I am about 18 or so but I feel as if I would be letting myself down as well as my family and friends. I also feel as if my strong love for flying and airplanes is fading. I go through stages like this for example once I raised chickens and wanted to be a farmer so bad I couldnt stand it, then I dont really like them anymore and I do not go outside and spend time with them like I used to.... I thought that flying was going to be it but I may be wrong which that is not what I want............. I want to fly but money is a problem so I must stay with the small and old airplane at the other school then the new larger one at the opposite airport....... Do not get me wrong the owner of the old one has more hours then the owner of the new one but the new one looks much safer to me............

lymanm

Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:45 pm

Just go up and DO IT! Stop whinning about it, it's been weeks since you first brought this up! Bite the bullet and just go flying!

Honestly, man....
buhh bye

IMissPiedmont

Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:56 pm

Well Vapourtrails, my post was not intended towards your post. Yours hadn't shown up before I typed mine and sent it.

Nervous is good, fear is not. The two instances of nerves I had on my first flight were on takeoff and when the instuctor told me it was my airplane and removed his hands from the yoke. As soon as the wheels left the ground the first fear went away. When I had the yoke in my hands and the airplane didn't fall apart, the second went away. I was sold at that point.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

VapourTrails

RE: OK So I Am A Chicken...

Wed Feb 06, 2002 1:03 pm

I just want to go and do something that I love but I cant because I am a damn stupid chicken! And I hate myself for not going.

Just do it Usairdc9!! and then tell us how great it is!!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy  Big thumbs up OK!?! Big grin

norseman

Wed Feb 06, 2002 1:13 pm

I think you can blame your indecisiveness on immaturity. I not slamming you, It's just common with your age. I have lots of prospective students come through for intro flights who think they should start lessons, but aren't really sure if they want to. I'm sure most of us were that way at your age. I started flying at 18. I always loved planes growing up, but it wasn't until my senior year when I really knew I wanted to fly. Man you couldn't keep me away from the airport at that point. When I took my first intro flight and finally got to take control, I damn near did the potty dance from excitement. Before you waste time and money on the newer airplanes, go take a cheap intro flight and see what you think. If you take control and have a ho-hum feeling I would probably say it isn't for you. If you take control and do the potty dance then...you've been bitten.
Fear is caused by venturing into the unknown. It's normal, but how will you know if you never try. Give her a whirl man!

ThirtyEcho

Wed Feb 06, 2002 1:31 pm

I started flying at 16 in an airplane a bit smaller than the 152 (a Luscombe), so I know what you mean. Why beat yourself up over this? Use a larger airplane (172) until you get used to it. The 152 is a lot of fun and you'll eventually like them and will learn a lot of basic flying skill in them.

bacardi182

Wed Feb 06, 2002 1:31 pm

I used to want to be a farmer when I was little, now I could care less. I was never worried about crashing or any of that, I just didn't want to be the guy that got sick. Flying is so fun, just take an intro flight in one of the "nice" planes. I took my intro flight in a brand new 182 and it was only $45. Now I do my training in new 172's, not becuase they look good but because I am lazy and don't want to deal with things like carb heat and no gps just in case I get lost or something (plus its great for ground speed readouts).

Just don't be such a wuss and get that flight over with! I guarantee you will have an ear to ear grin on your face! If you don't like it then you don't like it. Better to know now then to wonder if you would have...

KAUSpilot

Wed Feb 06, 2002 1:46 pm

cool, I didn't know the new 172's were fuel injected.

GPS is nice, but you really need to get used to the NDB's and VOR's if you plan on doing any instrument work! I'm not sure how much radio nav they'll expect you to know for the PPL checkride.......

bacardi182

Wed Feb 06, 2002 2:06 pm

Don't worry about me being dependant on the gps. Everytime my instructer asks if I can find my way home, I tell him I can never get lost with my best friend gps. When he turns it off I have to use whats left (NDBs, VORs, ect). GPS should never be a primary instrument for vfr flight, it is just a helper to us lazy people  Smile

VapourTrails

Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:10 pm

Usairdc9,

I am seriously considering waiting until I am about 18 or so but I feel as if I would be letting myself down as well as my family and friends.

I think waiting a couple of years might be a good idea, based on what you have said, and from Norseman's post as well. If you really want to do it now you will, but if not just leave it till you are older and have more confidence in yourself and know more about what you want. As mentioned I have yet to take my first flying lesson - and I'm nearly 30. It has only been the last two years or so that I've had the confidence and belief in myself to actually want to turn dreams into reality. You have plenty of time, and one or two - even five to ten years can make a lot of difference to your outlook on life and perspective on a lot of things. Whether or not you do it though shouldn't be based on what your family and friends are thinking, just be true to yourself.

I thought that flying was going to be it but I may be wrong which that is not what I want..

When you go to the airport and see other people taking their flying lessons, how do you feel, what goes through your mind? If you really want to fly it will never leave you, so don't rush into it and get caught up in all this uncertainty, just be patient and see what another year or two brings.

Hope this helps..  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

=

buckfifty

Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:35 pm

I must say, the first time I went on a buckfifty, I had trouble dealing mostly with the turbulence. But I used to skydive regularly out of 182's, so it wasn't too bad after a short while.

But the 150 is really a tin-can. On crosswind landings, I get tossed around sometimes quite violently. But it's true what they say, you get used to it.

Now, it's all barely noticeable. Just a lot of work keeping the HI and the ALT on the same digits in cruise.

Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:45 am

I agree you should wait a couple. I was so excited about going flying on my first lesson, I could not wait till school was over. The 172 will feel no bigger to you, infact when flying them you can really not tell you are flying that bigger of an airplane.
Barcadi (which is a girls drink BTW) - I did find your posts amusing, but as soon as mum and dad stop paying for your flying lessons you will be happy to fly anything that is safe. I used to fly 172RG's religously ($84 oer hour) for a couple hours a week, now I am flying a 152 ($45 per hour) and the odd ride in the 172 ($65 per hour) on average of once per month! :eek:
Iain

c172akula

Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:06 am

I would say that I agree with the majority of people posting here. You should wait until your 18, if not longer before pursuing flying. You are obviously way to pre-occupied with the accident records of the aircraft.

You also say that people ignore that it happens, of course we don't. I read every occurence report in my monthly aviation bulletin from Transport Canada, the idea is to learn from these mistakes to help prevent them in the future. We don't make like it never happens.

And Iain, that is rough man, only flying once per month, that could very well kill me I think!

Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:16 am

Tell me about it. I used to fly 3 times a week, and then I moved to the UK where it cost $210 an hour to fly a 152. I am checked out at British Airways Flying club but it is really too expensive. I only fly when I am back in the US (every 8-10 weeks), and fly 1-2 times a week then. I only make the 3 landings in 90 days (I need to do that or I have to get checked out again!) by 1-2 weeks. It is only 10 more months until I move back to the US, and I should be able to fly some more! I can't wait!
Iain

Beefmoney

Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:30 am

I agree, with most of what everyone here has said so far, Im 15 and im working on my PPL, I have 20 hrs or so in the 152, because I fly so often, becuase I love it. But, The night before I go flying, I usually feel a little nervous/anxious. I dont know why. I have flown every other week for 10 or so years. But as soon as I sit in the cockpit, I start the engine, and I am in control.....It all goes away and I think hey, this is fun (DUH), just like it has been every time for the last 10 years. But I still cant help feeling anxious about flying. Its just my imagination. During the time ive been writing this (5 min) there have been many dozens of car crashes in the US. and how many small plane accidents are there on average per DAY? about 3. So statistically you are much much much much safer in a plane that in a cessna 152. And remember, if they were unsafe, they would definatly not use them to train novice pilots. They would use the safest thing possible, and they do.

bacardi182

Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:14 am

With the C172 vs C152 argument. Both are great planes and I would fly either of them in a heart beat. But I have heard that it is better to learn in a 172 just because it is a little heavier and more airplane to handle. Like driving a toyota rav4 instead of an expedition or something. Both are great planes to fly, and the size difference is hardly noticeable (you are supposed to be looking at the instruments and out the wondow, not at the back seat). I only have about 30 hours of flight time and I still get nervious every now and then (not about crashing though). But I try not to be because I will make more mistakes that way!

If you do eventually make it to flying, stick it out until your first solo. If you didn't enjoy flying the airplane all by yourself then you are either lying ot just not cut out for being a pilot! Worry more about your skills as a pilot and not as much about if the plane is going to fall apart.

Iainhol- I see you are a bar tender, next time a yuppy suv driving male asks for his smirnoff ice, see if he wants a shot of 151  Smile chances are he doesn't even drink beer let alone the hard stuff.

fspilot747

Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:42 am

I started flying a few years ago, I was what....14?? I don't remember exactly. Anyways, it was this old, old, 152 with cracks on the flight deck panel, and rust on the outside. There were cracks on the wing, basically, the plane looked like shit compared to the shiny new 172SP's they had next to them. My flight school seems to be getting new fully loaded 172SP's every year. We are at 3 now. Anyways, back to the story. I flew quite a few hours in the 152's, knowing that these planes can hold up. I was never, actually, for a second afraid in that plane. All that mattered to me was that I was flying, and that I'm learning to fly, and it was great. Let me put it this way, they fly a lot better than they look. You'll know what I'm talking about when you go up.

Well, after this guy crashed and died on finals to the runway at my airport (my instructor saw the whole thing, it was the crash in california that happened the same day as the one in tampa), I switched to the new 172SP's. My parents were a little worried, and they were fine with payin the extra. All I can tell you now is not to worry. You forget all your worries in the plane...the planes would not be flying if they were unsafe.

A very common reason for small plane crashes is pilot error. Pilots not certified to fly in bad weather and get stuck in blind weather and crash...Pilots, like the one who crashed here, who banked way too hard on final, didnt even have his gear down, and pulled up on the plane during the steep bank, stalled, and crashed. These are all things you are taught NOT to do, they are like rule of thumb. If your not an idiot when your flying, you'll be fine. Plus, if the engine ever goes out, hey, your in a plane, its got wings, you can glide. I have talked to some people who have gone through that experience...

If you are still scared, wait a few years, maybe flying isn't your thing yet.

good luck,
-FSPilot747

Notar520AC

Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:47 am

The 152 situation is just like the Schweizer helo trainers. The Schweizers are a 2 seater, the engine is totally exposed on the back of the a/c, and the drive shaft is so thin it could twist itself off.
BMW - The Ultimate Driving Machine

SophieMaltese

Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:01 pm

I also thought the plane was a lot smaller than I'd expected. I would get a really bad case of "the nerves" too every time I'd get near the airport. However, I was very EXCITED in a good way! I used to get headaches every time I'd fly and my knees would quiver. It went away. I never got airsick but have felt naseated before I got in the plane. My CFI did tell me though if you have to puke, DON'T do it out the window, it will come back in all over you. Now the bad nerves have passed. I still get nervous about doing new things (that solo XC is coming up!!!). Want to know something funny? My CFI just started taking helicopter lessons and HE got headaches and started sweating just like when I started learning to fly that little Cessna. It all boils down to how badly you want to do it. I have been nervous, frustrated, and upset. However, I KNOW I want my pilot's license so this is what I have to go through.

SophieMaltese

Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:08 pm

Iainhol, I want to fly where you rent those planes, the rates are great!

flightsimfreak

Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:56 pm

When I did my intro flight, I did the preflight with the instructor right there (I fly Skipper 3857J, my intro was in 3849Y. I don't like that plane) and I pointed out everything that varied from the checklist... The oleo strut moves, that wingtip has a rusty screw, the pitot tube looks weird, the tires look bald, the breaks look small... Well, I was reasured by the instructor that none of those things are abnormal and that everything would fly nicely. I enjoyed that flight... You lose all rememberance of the fear of the plane falling apart as soon as the instructor says "Your plane" no matter if it's on the ground or in the air. I was one of the lucky ones that got to do the entire flight with the instructor not even touching the controlls on my intro flight.

Back to the parenthetical input above... After starting lessons, by chance I got 3857J for my first lesson (non-intro) and I stuck with 57J. 7 or 8 flights later, 57J was down for it's 100 hour (Getting it's medical...) and I had to fly 49Y. Perhaps it's just that I am used to 57J, but 49Y seems underpowered, harder to control (I swear the yoke is mounted on there tilted to the left), has a lot of squawks (landing light is always out, the turn coordinator giros always fail before I fly, and the shimmy damper and oleo strut are loose so the nose wheel makes a racket durring taxi,takeoff, and especially landing.), she's harder to pre-flight (the gas cap won't always come off easily, certain antennas are in different places, it has things that 57J doesn't (pitot heat, external power) et. al.) and it's really hard to say "four niner yankee" when "Five seven Juliete" is stuck on your toung. Another thing about Yankee that gets me is when you push the PTT, the low fuel light comes on... hmm. My instructor always says "Hey, let's take 49Y today..." and I retort with "ooooooooohhhhh why... that plane doesn't like me"... he wants me to "get comfortable" in all skippers... I'll stop talking now.

Skylane70

Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:30 am

Hello!
Serge you little punk.... LOL sorry about that you have to excuse me, I am a little bit jealous of that nice airplane that you are learing in...........  Smile.
I am starting to take lessons also. What if I get sick is my biggest question? Where do I puke on the instructor or the controls lol there is not much more space without a backseat to hurl in............... Whats the difference in a 150 and a 152?

serge

Mon Feb 11, 2002 5:21 am

Hehe  Wink/being sarcastic The rates are nice too! $49/hour for the aircraft and $30/hour instructor....

I have had my encounters with almost puking, we just whipped out some odd barf bags from the seat pockets, never had to use them fortunately  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

...Serge

CRJ 900

Mon Feb 11, 2002 7:48 am

I remember when I was doin my Private license , i had to fly with the CFI who was a total jerk , he didn't like me and I didn't like him but had to go anyways. So this one day was supposed to be an introductory to Spins, basically the instructor demos the exercise and then the next lesson you go up and do a few(ie 2)....so buddy decides that we're gonna do about 8 in a row! Needless to say I was not feeling to well after that(although i didn't get sick) and seriously thought to myself "damn if i'm gonna feel like this after doin that stuff, maybe this isn't for me!" Anyways, found out through my instructor that what he did was COMPLETELY uncalled for and he got a nice talking to form the Manager of Flt Ops....Now i luv 'em luv to go out and practice them when i get into a small airplane...more fun than straight and level ILS apprs and Non precision.But guess ya can't do intentional spins in a larger airplane.

peterba69

Mon Feb 11, 2002 11:30 am

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Danny Grew

This is a pic of an A/C similar to the one I first flew when I was 12 yrs. old. It was LOUD! but very cool (had my parents, bro, and sis in back) The next plane I got to fly was a Cessna 207, when I was 13. I took my first orientation flight when I was 15, and immediately started taking lessons after that. In fact the I.P. even let me take off on the 1st one. You have nothing to be afraid of dude. Someone suggested riding along with somebody else while they're taking an orientation flight. When I was in A&P school, the flight school would let us ride with them, got to see some very interesting scenery in N. Calif. Just go for it!
Peter

Skylane70

Mon Feb 11, 2002 2:15 pm

Hello,
Serge how many hours do you have?
My rates are $8.00 cheaper then yours total but not in that nice of an airplane what year is that anyways?????????????

777-200

Mon Feb 11, 2002 2:31 pm

I'm Starting Training for my PPL This Spring in a Brand New 172  Big thumbs up
Another Day, Another Dollar.... Young Jeezy

AWspicious

Mon Feb 11, 2002 2:52 pm

Hey, I know how you feel, USairDC9. I also did my intro flight in a 152 and it was OLD! Apart from coming to grips with the small size of the airplane I was also noting the obvious signs of age. It was a bit disheartening. Then, once airborne all i could think of was how it felt like my ass was being dragged through the air. When the instructor asked if i wanted to take control of the aircraft I responded: "Give me a few more minuits". Needless to say, I never flew the plane :-(
If flying is your dream then go for it. Your passion will quell your fears. However, if it's aviation in general that cranks you up, then, there are many careers within the aviation industry to pursue.... You don't have to fly to be around airplanes and to love them.
Good luck!

aw
Nevermind political correctness - Envision using your turn signals!

Skylane70

Tue Feb 12, 2002 1:01 am

Hello,
AWS so you have never flown????????????????????????

VapourTrails

RE: Usairdc9

Fri Feb 15, 2002 6:46 pm

Usairdc9 is no longer a member  Confused

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos