Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

klwright69
Topic Author

Tech outage at UA?

Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:02 am

I was reading on United's facebook page that apparently they had a tech outage and different flights had lengthy delays or were cancelled.
The 10:30 PM departure from EWR to DUB (flight 130)n was about 8 hours late and finally just left. LAX to MEL was also cancelled. And other flights had issues. Looks like they had a rough night. Flight 90 from EWR to TLV also cancelled.

N747PE

Re: Tech outage at UA?

Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:37 pm

ABC news is reporting over 50 flights delayed. Mostly International. Could be an interesting day for UAL

LAXintl

Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 pm

I understand was a ~1hr unimatic outage last evening which itself was largely restored by about 11pm central, but took till 3am to fully bring everything else up.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

United1

Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:55 pm

N747PE wrote:
ABC news is reporting over 50 flights delayed. Mostly International. Could be an interesting day for UAL

I'm sure there will be a few residual delays but at least per UA everything has been back up and running for hours.

This was nothing like what happened to WN or DL a few months ago.
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

IPFreely

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:17 pm

United1 wrote:
This was nothing like what happened to WN or DL a few months ago.

It is more like what happened to BA a few weeks ago that lasted for a couple of hours. Kudos to BA and UA for just fixing their problems without lying to their customers, creating a lot of drama, or patting themselves on the back during a meltdown. A big contrast to DL, who first issued a press release blaming a power outage that forced Georgia Power to show that this was untrue, and then released multiple promotional videos showing middle level managers pitching and promising to be running normally in hours when it actually took days.

jetmatt777

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:58 pm

It was mostly a non event. I was working last night during the outage and didn't even know about it until I was at the time clock and someone was talking about it. Had very little impact on the overall operation.

mm320cap

Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:42 pm

Unimatic went down last night about 7pm (West Coast) for an hour and a half or so. Was able to get final weights and data for a departure around 9:30pm. Landed and we went into another hour ground stop. Rolling issues for several hours after. It was ugly for the SFO late night bank. I was particularly impressed with our agents, ramp, flight attendants, tech ops, and ground staff that worked our flights. Everyone stepped up big time and mamaged the delays extremely well considering. Lastly, thanks to our customers who by and large took the delays calmly and with understanding. It was very much appreciated by myself and my crew.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos