9W in turn will expand its AUH presence too in cooperation with EY as follows:

1. Second daily AUH-DEL service
2. New daily Trichy-AUH flights
3. New daily Kannur-AUH flights
4. New daily Chandigarh-AUH flights

anshabhi

Re: Etihad announces more India expansion

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:22 pm

Throw ME3 out of India. Indian carriers have right over India.

BobPatterson

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:48 pm

anshabhi wrote:

These are flights between India and ME3 countries (Abu Dhabi).

If you were to throw carriers out of India in such cases, then India would have to give up all talk of expanding routes to all other countries.

Why should Air India be allowed into Europe or North America if you want their carriers to be thrown out of India?
Last edited by BobPatterson on Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

lightsaber

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:55 pm

This is good news! Business growth in India needs more seats. :)

As to the comment to throw the ME3 out of India, you do realize jobs in India depend on transport? Modern business demands good transit.

Nothing punctuated this like an example before the prior expansion of rights for the ME3. My best friend had to perform a spot inspection in India. Due to a lack of business class seats, he couldn't get the whole audit team on site. Since this cut his annual bonus in half, he ensured the issue wouldn't happen again by moving 5,000 jobs to Malaysia and Thailand.

Now, at the time he was looking for any excuse to move work to Thailand. Why did India give him that excuse? When his customer called and ordered, per contract, a spot inspection the 96 hour clock to be in country started. No excuses, initiate the spot inspection in 96 hours or lose the contract (one of the largest IT contracts out there). Only by failing the inspection could he/his employer keep the contract.

Thanks to better electricity for the *backup* mainframe, Malaysia was the better choice anyway. This contract buys two mainframes every other year. I believe my best friend buys (for customers) about 20% of IBM's production. Costing him a bonus for lack of business class seats wasn't wise. India not having a business jet friendly policy such as the new Indonesia policies.... Unwise too.

Oh, and India really needs better foreign land ownership and FDI rules. This customer would like to invest $10 to $25 Billion USD in India. But only if they can buy a few thousand acres of land and efficiently build a business, including support hotels and restaurants, that would employ tens of thousands of Indians. But only if the business case improves.

Oh, this customer would increase air travel in the city they set up in by thousands of pax per day as they've proven at multiple locations. I have been asked not to say the customer, but let's say you all have probably figured out which Fortune 500 company.

India needs more International service to grow jobs. They also need better electricity, roads, and rail. But this is an aviation forum.

How would you change India aviation policy and infrastructure to provide *better* than the current ME3 cconnectivit? How would you attract this customer without significant ME3 help? India has more potential, but not when they adopt policies telling companies to take there money elsewhere.

EY having more access to India helps provide jobs to India. The ME3 exist as no nation in the region provided the legal framework for excellent international to international running. As long as the ME3 have little regional competition in that area. Indian airlines need to partner with the ME3.

EY serves dozens of cities in Europe with O&D traffic but mostly international to international connections. Why isn't India competing for those connections? India has a far better location for SE Asia and Australia. Combined with India's much higher O&D traffic, Indian airlines could use the 787, A330NEO, and A350 to Europe will far more secondary cities than the ME3, but only with the help of international to international connections.

But India still hasn't set up the policies to make it happen. There is no excuse to forfeiting 50+ million international connections. Connections that would enable 50+ million India to Europe flights per year within a decade. Connections that would open up direct flights to the Americas, Africa, and even China. When will India compete as an equal on the world aviation stage? It is entirely up to the GoI.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

avi8

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:59 pm

anshabhi wrote:

Talking about anti-capitalistic and anti competition...

I truly hope you were joking.
avi8

tonyban

Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:01 pm

anshabhi wrote:

Are you serious with that comment ? Hope you didn't join a week ago just to bring that kind of bigotry here !

9w748capt

Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:43 pm

anshabhi wrote:

We should've thrown Praful Patel out of India. He's a huge reason Indian carriers are so uncompetitive relative to the ME3. I'd love to see his bank statements (though I'm sure he deals mostly in cash).

anshabhi

Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:34 pm

I was joking guys, obviously lol! I really want to beat Praful Patel, if I ever meet him. But I have full confidence on Mr Ashwani Lohini that he will revive AI. Just one of his motivational speeches:
https://youtu.be/EugRZ57uoak
(I would say must watch)

Another interesting place is his blog:
http://ashwanilohani.blogspot.in/

chinmay17shetye

Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:42 pm

But I have full confidence on Mr Ashwani Lohini that he will revive AI

Dude... I hope you were sarcastic when you said Mr. Lohani is going to turn AI around.

Indian Aviation is growing and the only thing that is stopping it from being an aviation hub is Air India and the ministry.
And
this is utter madness. Do you really think global aviation works this way. If Air India and the ministry keeps on putting restrictions on 6E,9W,UK,G8, ME3 will take over the Indian aviation business. And along with this, I don't see how that hurts domestic aviation. This move of the ME3 is for connections to Europe only.

Air India needs to be dissolved. The brand Air India had a lot of value previously. Now, Air India is synonymous with Old, Rude Cabin Crew, Delayed Flights, Ageing Fleet, a burden on the Indian Taxpayer. If Air India isn't dissolved, the best chance for it to survive is to hand it to private players like Tata, Reliance, etc.

golfradio

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:08 pm

lightsaber wrote:
Nothing punctuated this like an example before the prior expansion of rights for the ME3. My best friend had to perform a spot inspection in India. Due to a lack of business class seats, he couldn't get the whole audit team on site. Since this cut his annual bonus in half, he ensured the issue wouldn't happen again by moving 5,000 jobs to Malaysia and Thailand.

Lightsaber

If only I had a penny for every time I heard that story in the last 7 years...

The story only gets richer. The idiot forgoes his bonus instead of foregoing J and flying Y...
CSeries forever. Bring back the old site.

lightsaber

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:47 pm

golfradio wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

If only I had a penny for every time I heard that story in the last 7 years...

The story only gets richer. The idiot forgoes his bonus instead of foregoing J and flying Y...

He flew Y to India. Several members of his team refused to at first, but then due to delays didn't make the audit. Naturally there are more details than I've posted. Before you call someone names, maybe you should ask questions.

Believe me or not. Look, outsourcing is typical. Talk to your friends who move a hundred or more jobs per year for contract considerations. What are the moving jobs for? What is the last straw that gives the excuse to move jobs?

Please skip the name-calling and reply with what would make you move hundreds of jobs one way or the other. Would it be to an area with transportation limits? Or one you could fly in and out of easy?

Do you think such a person, whose responsibilities have grown can be dismissed so? When you friends discuss $100 million+ contracts, what are their concerns? I'm curious. If you listen, you get invited to lunch with those people.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

golfradio

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:50 pm

chinmay17shetye wrote:
But I have full confidence on Mr Ashwani Lohini that he will revive AI

Indian Aviation is growing and the only thing that is stopping it from being an aviation hub is Air India and the ministry.

If Air India and the ministry keeps on putting restrictions on 6E,9W,UK,G8, ME3 will take over the Indian aviation business.

Care to elaborate how AI is putting restrictions on the others?

If your age on your profile is correct, you should go back and read up on the aviation policies as they evolved from 1991 to 2006. You would be surprised at who restricted whom. 9W is the reason, UK can't fly internationally. 9W and the ME3 are the reason AI is sucking at the Government's teat.
CSeries forever. Bring back the old site.