TK787
Topic Author

Turkish Aviation November 2016

Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:08 pm

Hello there Turkish Aviation fans,
I just wanted to start a new thread even though I had a 17 hour work day today, so please excuse the shortest introduction.
TK fleet groundings, delayed deliveries, lay offs.... overall a time to adjust.
I would like to leave it to you folks to talk about the rest.

Welcome to this months thread, and excuse my shortest opening, please continue:)

TK773ER

Re: Turkish Aviation November 2016

Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:22 am

Thanks again TK787 for a new Thread,
IST new 3rd airport the terminal building taking shape https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CwMu39OvtQ
Also some latest views here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f4DCe0GjeI
The foundations of the 90 metre control tower has begun http://www.dha.com.tr/dhavideogaleri.asp?vid=1361829

KarelXWB

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:09 am

And TK starts the month with a brand new A330 freighter:

Airbus A330 -243F 1750 TC-JOY Turkish Airlines delivery 31oct16 TLS-IST ex F-WWYQ

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/tc-joy

Turkish Cargo A330-243F msn 1750 by dn280tls, on Flickr
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:16 am

Good morning, I am back from a much needed long nap. To recap: TK leases a 747F for 6 months, Borajet orders 5 x E190s.
Talking about the new airport, I have been working that part of the city for 3 days and travelled there about a dozen times in the last two weeks and let me tell you, the weather is incredibly unpredictable. The weather forecast for Istanbul is nowhere accurate for the location of the new airport. For Black Sea coast of Istanbul, we tired about 6 different sources for weather forecast, including wunderground, Yr.no, poseidon, Turkish mgm.tr, IST airport, yahoo, weahter.com...NONE of them can predict the weather whatsoever for this area. An airport is being built where there is no weather forecast :(

mercure1

Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:29 pm

Hello everyone and thank you for new thread.

I had a question for members. I saw on news that they inaugurated the new HSR station in Ankara.
Wondering your opinions of how HSR will effect traffic domestically and in major market like Istanbul-Ankara?
For example in Spain the once extremely busy MAD-BCN market has lost nearly 2/3 of clients to rail. How will HSR effect airlines in Turkey?
mercure f-wtcc

LLA001

Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:51 pm

mercure1 wrote:
Hello everyone and thank you for new thread.

I had a question for members. I saw on news that they inaugurated the new HSR station in Ankara.
Wondering your opinions of how HSR will effect traffic domestically and in major market like Istanbul-Ankara?
For example in Spain the once extremely busy MAD-BCN market has lost nearly 2/3 of clients to rail. How will HSR effect airlines in Turkey?

HSR Station in Istanbul is still located at the outside of the city so I don't think it will have a great impact yet on airtravel

Yakamoz

Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:54 pm

Hello and thanks for the new thread, TK787!

Well, the with the new month, the winter season has started.
Turkish Airlines cut 22 destinations in this season. There are news that many of them will not start in next summer. This are the list:

I have compared the weekly frequencies of Turkish Airlines. Without domestic traffic, there is a decrease of 12% in international traffic (Winter 2015 to Winter 2016).
Note, that this is my own research on TK webpage.

Domestic traffic changes as follows:

Turkish Airlines has launched Seychelles service on Monday. Next is Zanzibar in December 2016. TK added an Act Airlines B747, another A330-200F and transferred another Boeing 737-800 to Anadolujet. There are now 12 frames from TK (Anadolujet has wet-leased 24 Sunexpress too).

Well, after cutting so many frequencies, it seems TK are grounding 30-40 aircraft these days, at least 20 of them are long haul. I have seen that 7 A330-200 are grounded in Antalya. I´m tracking the changes.

More fleet updates:

I have heard Onur Air will return 5 aircraft. One of their wet-lease A330 TC-OCC returned to Istanbul on 17 October because of the age. Saudi Arabia do not allow foreign aircraft older than 20 years.
Tailwind has returned their 2 Boeing 737-800 TC-TLG/TLH and will operate with their 5 B737-400.

A subsidiary of Atlasglobal, Atlasglobal Ukraine, send an Airbus A320 back to the lessor, 2 left. I read Atlasglobal will return in total 3-4 aircraft this season.
Does anybody now what happened to the YI-AQU which Atlasglobal wet-leased to Zagrosjet? I heard it is stored in Istanbul since end of 2014?

There are rumors that Borajet will return 5 Embraer. At the moment there are 4 grounded for a long time, beside they have ordered 5 new Embraers.

LAXintl

Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:19 pm

Greeting to everyone. Seems 2016 is coming to and end soon. Quite an eventful year for Turkish aviation.

TK787 wrote:
For Black Sea coast of Istanbul, we tired about 6 different sources for weather forecast, including wunderground, Yr.no, poseidon, Turkish mgm.tr, IST airport, yahoo, weahter.com...NONE of them can predict the weather whatsoever for this area. An airport is being built where there is no weather forecast :(

You might want to try maritime forecast. Either the closest marina in the area, or there often are buoy reports right off the coast. Maritime reports include wind, cloud cover, and temperature information in addition to tidal information.

Once new airport is open then the national weather service will start covering it with its own forecast.

mercure1 wrote:

The current HSR Istanbul terminus is on the Asian side not far from SAW airport, so at the moment its likely only attractive to portion of Istanbul population. But the complete line should be finished by 2018.
Eventually the day will come particularly as additional lines (such as Izmir) are build that Turkey should certainly experience similar modal traffic shifts that other nations have seen.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:03 am

Yakamoz, thanks for the detailed updates.
LAXintl, nice to see you again.
And thanks everyone, keeping these threads informative, fun and civilized over the years. We have a great community here.

leftyboarder

Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:09 am

Yakamoz, thanks for the analysis. I am amazed at the sudden turn of fortunes at TK, I mean, from record profits to a huge loss and major cuts in one year. I know demand is down, but is that the only reason behind this, or was something already boiling under the surface earlier?

KarelXWB

Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:09 pm

TK is putting one of their A330-200s into storage:

Airbus A330 -223 1213 TC-JIV Turkish Airlines ferried 29oct16 IST-AYT for interim storage ex PT-MVU

Yakamoz

Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:55 pm

KarelXWB wrote:

Airbus A330 -223 1213 TC-JIV Turkish Airlines ferried 29oct16 IST-AYT for interim storage ex PT-MVU

Well, that is 1 of 19 Airbus A330s which are not flying now for more than 2 days. 7 of them are stored in Antalya right now.

This is the list of all TK aircraft not flying for more than 2 days (as of today).

TK105

Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:38 pm

Thanks to TK787 for another thread.

Yakamoz wrote:
This is the list of all TK aircraft not flying for more than 2 days (as of today).

Wooww. This is not good signal.

I think Mr.Kotil disappeared with a very clever timing.
The future is in the skies.

MalevTU134

Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:49 pm

leftyboarder wrote:
Yakamoz, thanks for the analysis. I am amazed at the sudden turn of fortunes at TK, I mean, from record profits to a huge loss and major cuts in one year. I know demand is down, but is that the only reason behind this, or was something already boiling under the surface earlier?

Let's face it, TK has been and is mismanaged for decades, and , yes, that includes even the last two, where massive investments have made expansion possible. This investment, together with lower labour costs compared to (other) European carriers have given TK a competitive advantage and a critical mass which has allowed it to grow into hitherto unseen size and to serve a huge variety of destinations. However, with the increasing number of destinations being abandoned (even if some are claimed to be seasonal adjustments), this critical mass is at risk of disappearing. We are not there yet, maybe, but certainly in the danger zone. To explain it in an oversimplified way, all those long haul flights have less European flights to feed into, or from another perspective, there are no (or not enough) European connections to fill those long haul flights. Because we all know that IST and Turkey is the final destination for ever fewer of TK's passengers. This is, of course, partly because of the instability and recent terrorism in Turkey, but also due to the weakening of the Turkish economy, making fewer Turks afford international travel. Or travel at all, for that matter, as even domestic destinations are being abandoned.

SCQ83

Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:54 pm

Btw what is happening with Pegasus? What happened with that offer to lease their entire fleet?

LAXintl

Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:20 pm

Yakamoz wrote:

Keep in mind, there are many aircraft down for longer term maintenance checks that peak during the winter months.

TK105 wrote:
.I think Mr.Kotil disappeared with a very clever timing.

Dont think he had much a choice. When Ankara calls you answer. For several months there was talk of using him in other enterprises including a Telcom.
Anyhow, his background, skills and personal interest makes him a great fit for TAI.

MalevTU134 wrote:
Let's face it, TK has been and is mismanaged for decades, and , yes, that includes even the last two, where massive investments have made expansion possible.

Sure TK is not perfect and mistakes are certainly made, but its hardly "mismanaged". The company has done a great job pursuing a long term vision, and has largely invested wisely including in bringing in human talent from the outside. The nonstop streak of profitable years, and well regarded reputation by customers certainly exemplifies this success.

SCQ83 wrote:
Btw what is happening with Pegasus? What happened with that offer to lease their entire fleet?

Turned out to be nonsense. Advert simply meant to indicate they had large selection of aircraft available. They intended to sublease 3-4 frames only as they have in previous years.

MalevTU134

Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:37 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
Let's face it, TK has been and is mismanaged for decades, and , yes, that includes even the last two, where massive investments have made expansion possible.

LAXintl wrote:
Sure TK is not perfect and mistakes are certainly made, but its hardly "mismanaged". The company has done a great job pursuing a long term vision, and has largely invested wisely including in bringing in human talent from the outside. The nonstop streak of profitable years, and well regarded reputation by customers certainly exemplifies this success.

Please don't get me wrong, I love TK, their product and their great staff (well, but for mostly grumpy ground staff at IST ). But when, as an example, you have one manager (and some staff to add) sent out from HQ to EVERY station, complete with salary, company-paid apartment and car, that is not an effective way of allocating resources. Yes, TK has a manager at BRE, another at HAM , yet another at HAJ, and so on. Each ruling his own fiefdom. Now, multiply that with all stations and you see the costs escalating.

To be balanced, of course some things have been done well. For example, TK didn't fall into the trap of buying planes for prestige, so no 747s or A380s for example, but rather, rational decisions were made to utilise less "sexy" planes such as the 777 and 330/340, that better fit TK's requirements.

mercure1

Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:50 pm

LLA001 wrote:
HSR Station in Istanbul is still located at the outside of the city so I don't think it will have a great impact yet on airtravel

LAXintl wrote:
The current HSR Istanbul terminus is on the Asian side not far from SAW airport, so at the moment its likely only attractive to portion of Istanbul population. But the complete line should be finished by 2018.
Eventually the day will come particularly as additional lines (such as Izmir) are build that Turkey should certainly experience similar modal traffic shifts that other nations have seen.

Thank you both for the insight.
I guess over time however HSR can become a competitive force and shift air travel. I looked at map of HSR routes under construction and appears the 'hub' for national HSR network is Ankara, so it seems air travel could be effected the most from Ankara to the provinces.

MalevTU134 wrote:
Please don't get me wrong, I love TK, their product and their great staff (well, but for mostly grumpy ground staff at IST ). But when, as an example, you have one manager (and some staff to add) sent out from HQ to EVERY station, complete with salary, company-paid apartment and car, that is not an effective way of allocating resources. Yes, TK has a manager at BRE, another at HAM , yet another at HAJ, and so on. Each ruling his own fiefdom. Now, multiply that with all stations and you see the costs escalating.

Interesting observation, but many other major airlines as well still send staff overseas. Often the station manager and local district/sales managers are appointed from corporate offices. Atleast among the big-3 in Europe this still happens at some locations. I also know it happens regularly in Far-East airlines.

Is this always needed? Maybe not, but it seems its a way of ensuring control of overseas stations. Its a little like the foreign service how people are assigned for spend time overseas on behalf of the company and then come home.

But for TK even with this it seems they still manage one of the lowest operating cost of global airlines, so its obviously not too much of a financial burden.
mercure f-wtcc

MalevTU134

Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:22 pm

mercure1 wrote:

Interesting observation, but many other major airlines as well still send staff overseas. Often the station manager and local district/sales managers are appointed from corporate offices. Atleast among the big-3 in Europe this still happens at some locations. I also know it happens regularly in Far-East airlines.

Is this always needed? Maybe not, but it seems its a way of ensuring control of overseas stations. Its a little like the foreign service how people are assigned for spend time overseas on behalf of the company and then come home.

But for TK even with this it seems they still manage one of the lowest operating cost of global airlines, so its obviously not too much of a financial burden.

Sure, no doubt most airlines operating internationally send staff abroad, but my point is that TK sends to EVERY station. As an example, one (1) IAG area manager handles the Nordic and Baltic countries. TK? One manager each (plus station managers and staff) at OSL, HEL, STO, GOT, CPH, BLL, AAL, TLL, RIX and VNO (AAL being cancelled now). Some of these stations see 30-40 PAX a day.....

KarelXWB

Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:23 pm

Yakamoz wrote:
KarelXWB wrote:

Well, that is 1 of 19 Airbus A330s which are not flying now for more than 2 days. 7 of them are stored in Antalya right now.

It's even worse, 7 A330s have been ferried to AYT for storage: TC-JIV, TC-JIP, TC-JIR, TC-JIT, TC-JIZ, TC-JIS, TC-JIY.

LAXintl

Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:35 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
But when, as an example, you have one manager (and some staff to add) sent out from HQ to EVERY station, complete with salary, company-paid apartment and car, that is not an effective way of allocating resources. Yes, TK has a manager at BRE, another at HAM , yet another at HAJ, and so on. Each ruling his own fiefdom. Now, multiply that with all stations and you see the costs escalating. .

Yes I have been critical of this as well in the past, though I can see the benefit of having existing TK employees being transferred to markets like Africa and new stations where the quality of handling and sales support might be lacking.

However having said this, as Mercure1 states this practice is not only employed by TK, but many others. For example the current Air France/KLM manager @ LAX came from Turkey. Similarly many other airlines have management sent from headquarters not local hires.

Personally I think this will change with time, however until the cost burden becomes too much there is not much incentive to change.
And speaking of cost, the folks that TK sends overseas are not paid much. I know as they have shared their salaries with me. In some stations like the US the station manager only earns about same as the supervisor for their handling agency. While these guys are getting paid well in terms of pay for Turkey, they are not getting rich from being sent overseas when local cost and wages are considered.

ankaraflyjet

Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:20 am

With the winter timetable TK's direct international services from ESB (excluding Moscow, Jeddah and Medina) are now suspended until April...Daily rotations to Munich (Lufthansa), Doha (Qatar), Kiev (Ukraine Intl.) are now the primary feeders to/from ESB and some services by Pegasus and SunExpress remain for destinations like Stuttgart, Dusseldorf, Hanover, Cologne, Berlin, Frankfurt, Amman, Arbil and Vienna. The other regional operators are Iran Air and Mahan Air to Tehran, Iraqi Airways to Baghdad, Zagros to Arbil, Turkmenistan Airways to Ashgabat, Azerbaijan Airlines to Baku, BoraJet to Cologne and Germanwings to Dortmund and Berlin. Saudia will launch daily Ankara service this month too from Jeddah and Medina (mainline not charter).

I guess with the political turmoil we should not expect any further routes to be reinstated at this time, more or less rock bottom situation.

ankaraflyjet

Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:39 am

Turkish Airlines this week continues to adjust planned summer 2017 operation for long-haul routes, on/after 26MAR17. Latest adjustment as follow.

Istanbul Ataturk – Los Angeles Service continues to operate 7 weekly on/after 26MAR17, instead of planned 11 weekly
TK009 IST1425 – 1820LAX 77W D
TK010 LAX2125 – 2030+1IST 77W D

Istanbul Ataturk – Washington Dulles Planned seasonal increase from 7 to 10 weekly, from 27JUN17 is cancelled.
TK007 IST1445 – 1915IAD 333 D
TK008 IAD2305 – 1620+1IST 333 D

Additional changes remain highly possible.

mafaky

Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:27 am

Either in this thread (or more possibly in October's) somebody was claiming that TK started the IST-BOG-PTY route by appointing staff not even speaking Spanish. Well, apparently this is not true, as I have received a reminder from a serious contributor, in a Turkish aviation forum... The guy I that Turkish forum seems to know personally the country manager at BOG and this chap speaks very fluent Spanish as well as English. Have to admit this is rare amongst Turks. I also received some more information (but cannot disclose further details) hat this BOG based country manager has some additional responsibilities beyond his BOG related duties... In this respect it is a hopeful thing to see hat TK has started learning some lessons from previous management experiences...

However, it's a well known fact that in the past (and currently) TK has appointed country managers for African destinations, who cannot speak adequate French, or at all. Most likely these chaps are still keeping heir positions.

One more "reminder", I received: Another contributor from that same Forum has seen Yakamoz's list of TK's recently grounded aircraft. This guy happens to be a technician of Turkish Technic. He claims, with the exception of those 7 332s at interim storage at AYT, all others are in the hangars at IST SAW & ESB for regular maintenance. But he fails to explain why, more than 30 frames were called in for regular maintenance almost simultaneously within 3 days period (Oct. 29-30-31). Nor can he explain why 11 out of the 14 319's in TK fleet are in maintenance. :?: :mrgreen:
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

robcol99

Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:48 am

Is it me or Yakamoz's list is gone? Can somebody be so kind to reshare?

Thank you

MalevTU134

Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:36 pm

mafaky wrote:
Either in this thread (or more possibly in October's) somebody was claiming that TK started the IST-BOG-PTY route by appointing staff not even speaking Spanish. Well, apparently this is not true, as I have received a reminder from a serious contributor, in a Turkish aviation forum... The guy I that Turkish forum seems to know personally the country manager at BOG and this chap speaks very fluent Spanish as well as English. Have to admit this is rare amongst Turks. I also received some more information (but cannot disclose further details) hat this BOG based country manager has some additional responsibilities beyond his BOG related duties... In this respect it is a hopeful thing to see hat TK has started learning some lessons from previous management experiences...

However, it's a well known fact that in the past (and currently) TK has appointed country managers for African destinations, who cannot speak adequate French, or at all. Most likely these chaps are still keeping heir positions.

One more "reminder", I received: Another contributor from that same Forum has seen Yakamoz's list of TK's recently grounded aircraft. This guy happens to be a technician of Turkish Technic. He claims, with the exception of those 7 332s at interim storage at AYT, all others are in the hangars at IST SAW & ESB for regular maintenance. But he fails to explain why, more than 30 frames were called in for regular maintenance almost simultaneously within 3 days period (Oct. 29-30-31). Nor can he explain why 11 out of the 14 319's in TK fleet are in maintenance. :?: :mrgreen:

That was me saying that about the non-Spanish speaking TK staff at BOG. If it has improved, that is a good sign, and I don't now if I spoke to the country manager or not, but back in June when I took the BOG-IST flight for the second time, I had a rebooking request, went into the TK office at the airport and found 3 Turkish staff. I started to speak Spanish and was politely asked whether I speak English. Their English was very basic to add. Not speaking the local language may be acceptable at AMS, for example, where the vast majority of the locals speak English, but really renders you quite unsuitable in BOG.

So, this is my first-hand experience, so I know it's true, and is not from an unnamed "serious contributor" to an also unnamed Turkish aviation forum, who "seems to know personally" the country manager at BOG...

mafaky

Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:36 pm

robcol99 wrote:
Is it me or Yakamoz's list is gone? Can somebody be so kind to reshare?

Thank you

Yakamoz's list is still down there, safe & sound!... Search yesterday's messages once again.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

Avianca

Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:01 pm

mafaky wrote:

yes the country manager speaks spanish - and he is responsible as well for Panama - beside Colombia.
who does not speak spanish is the as well Tuerkish Supervisor at BOG.
Anyhow the operation is backed up by a local GSA / GHA.

regards
Avianca
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

LAXintl

Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:00 pm

THY has a new safety video. Features Vine and YouTube personality Zach King.

https://youtu.be/9NqSg4dSBvI

=

Yakamoz

Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:13 pm

mafaky wrote:

How is this forum calling? :)
Another technician from TK said they will return all leased A319s and A330s, and some A320s.

mafaky

Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:00 pm

Yakamoz wrote:
Another technician from TK said they will return all leased A319s and A330s, and some A320s.

Your insider info is nearer to what may be happening. :D

TK currently has 15 A332, 8 A319, 17 A320 & 8 B738 frames on operational lease. They probably cannot return all of these in one shot, but in the course of one year I guess they may succeed. Maybe/hopefully some 10 A320 & the 8 B738 can be retained. For the A320 & A332 frames, can Iran Air be a prospective user (using these as gap fillers...)? IR, will be procuring 4 A332 and a sole A320 (or A321) till the end of 2016.

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:31 am

Reportıng on board of TK3. Full J, 80% full on board this 289 pax A333.
-Airport was empty but the TK lounge was full. The usual "shower rage", long lines at bathrooms and made to order omelettes.
They almost denied me boarding; arriving at gate 25min from departure time. It is a long walk to gate 700. I begged and mentioned that I was Elite Plus what got me through as the last person on board. The flight was delayed 35min anyway. I'm sorry for the few people they didn't allow to board right behind me.

LLA001

Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:59 am

About the leased TK 747F for six months, will they change the livery to TK livery? ( it would be a unique event to see a 747 in TK livery, something I want to see since my childhood)

KarelXWB

Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:13 am

mafaky wrote:

TK currently has 15 A332, 8 A319, 17 A320 & 8 B738 frames on operational lease.

What about the A330-300, are those on lease as well? And what about those 7 Skymark A330s that are currently being converted?

mafaky

Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:48 am

With the exception of only one aircraft (that's the TC-JOM) all current TK A333s are on financial lease. The seven ex-Skymark A333s (currently 4 of them are in Zurich for maintenance, cabin mod, painting) are/will be on operational lease from IAP.

In conclusion, TK will be able to operate 5 A332, 37 A333 & 9 A332F, totalling 51 A330 family aircraft in 2017, once these ex-Skymark A333s and the last remaining A332F will be delivered.

KarelXWB

Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:51 am

Thanks mafaky.

Do you also know why TK never leased that second A333 from Afriqiyah Airways?

AirbusA343

Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:00 am

Is TC-LOE being stored? It hasn't entered service yet but isn't it ready in IST?

AirbusA343

Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:01 am

Also TC-JII, a TK A340 is not stored! :D It is operating TK784/5 to Tel Aviv! TC-JHN isn't stored either.
Last edited by AirbusA343 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

andymartin

Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:22 am

Any point in finishing the new IST airport when aviation in Turkey is in such dire straits?

AirbusA343

Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:46 am

AirbusA343 wrote:
Also TC-JII, a TK A340 is not stored! :D It is operating TK784/5 to Tel Aviv! TC-JHN isn't stored either.

TC-JHN (738) went to Munich, Tehran and now is off to Dubai all from SAW I think.
TC-JLV (A319) did TK736/7 and is doing TK741 right now.
TC-JLZ (A319) is going to IST from Baghdad right now.
TC-JNT (A333) is in Kuala Lumpur after operating TK60 and has gone to Ankara and Tel Aviv previously.

ExDubai

Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:43 pm

Does anybody know when TK publishes the Q3 figures?
Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven

LAXintl

Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:53 pm

ExDubai wrote:

November 9th.

ExDubai

Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm

Many THX LAX ;)
Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven

Yakamoz

Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Thanks to all.
Grounded aircraft decrease to 41 as of now (not flying in the last 3 days).
TC-JIO ferried to AYT too, now 8 frames there.

Btw. A300 Freighter TC-MCD has started flying for TK today.

AirbusA343 wrote:
Is TC-LOE being stored? It hasn't entered service yet but isn't it ready in IST?

4 ex Skymark A333s are in ZRH in SR Technics. TC-LOE will deliver in 2017.

KarelXWB wrote:
Thanks mafaky.

Do you also know why TK never leased that second A333 from Afriqiyah Airways?

I've read anywhere Afriqiyah changed mind and use the frame byself.

LLA001 wrote:
About the leased TK 747F for six months, will they change the livery to TK livery? ( it would be a unique event to see a 747 in TK livery, something I want to see since my childhood)

No plans for now. I would love to see it too!

mafaky

Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:35 am

Yakamoz wrote:
Thanks to all.
Grounded aircraft decrease to 41 as of now (not flying in the last 3 days).
TC-JIO ferried to AYT too, now 8 frames there.

Also TC-LNA & LNB ferried to AYT, very recently. Now it makes 10 A332 frames in storage at AYT, 5 at IST!... :|

LAXintl

Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:10 pm

Of A332 frames parked, 7 are due for lease returns over the next 5-months so they will likely simply sit until their scheduled returns.

TK105

Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:21 pm

LAXintl wrote:
ExDubai wrote:

November 9th.

I want to start the bets for TK.

Here is mine: I expect 1B$ operational and 2B$ overall financial loss. Perhaps recently happened 10% devaluation of TRL against USD can improve the situation a bit.

I hope I will be totally wrong.
The future is in the skies.

mafaky

Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:53 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Of A332 frames parked, 7 are due for lease returns over the next 5-months so they will likely simply sit until their scheduled returns.

Out of the 15 frames presently stored, which are these 7 particular ones? Can you be more specific???

stylo777

Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:12 pm

Why are those 330s stored in AYT? I understand that IST & SAW (their biggest maintenance bases) are of course very busy, but why AYT in particular?
Is there any picture of the frames sitting around in AYT?

Yakamoz

Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:24 pm

Corendon wet-leased 2 more B738 to SpiceJet: TC-TJT and TC-TJU. Another one is flying since last month there (TC-TJO).

Does anybody know something about Sunexpress/Anadolujet birds TC-SAV and -SAU? Will they return to lessor?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos