Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mercure1

Re: Ryanair starting FRA? Will the empire strike back?

Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:54 pm

ExDubai wrote:
First response of LH. The demand the same discount as FR. LH CEO Spohr in the local news.

http://hessenschau.de/wirtschaft/erster ... g-100.html
"If we need to bring EW to FRA, we will do it."
"LH will not pay more then FR" . That will save us 200-300 Mio. €/year"

Yes Mr. Spohr, please being EW to FRA.

LH mainline on its narrowbodies is as poor as any LCC these days anyhow yet somehow they believe they can charge higher. Atleast with EW model the consumer would see more logical pricing.
mercure f-wtcc

SCQ83

Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:59 pm

mercure1 wrote:
Yes Mr. Spohr, please being EW to FRA.

LH mainline on its narrowbodies is as poor as any LCC these days anyhow yet somehow they believe they can charge higher. Atleast with EW model the consumer would see more logical pricing.

I prefer FR over EW.

Eurowings (like LH) insist on the 8 kg. for hand luggage and putting those tags in every bag to be "ready to take onboard". Which is quite annoying. I remember a couple of years ago check-in luggage on EW, my hand luggage was maybe 9 kg. and my checked luggage something less than 20 kg so I had to open everything to move things from the hand luggage to the checked baggage to be below the 8 kg! Seriously.

With Ryanair there is no check (unless there is something obviously big/heavy) and if there is no space, just free check-in on gate. Much quicker, easier and fewer headaches.

jmmadrid

Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:19 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
mercure1 wrote:

With Ryanair there is no check (unless there is something obviously big/heavy) and if there is no space, just free check-in on gate. Much quicker, easier and fewer headaches.

Ryanair have improved massively over the last 2 years, but many people still judge them for the Rottenmeier style of their early times.

Their baggage policy rocks, that second free cabin bag means the world to me. I've flown them at least 20 times this year (It wasn't always my choice) and honestly I cannot complain about anything. We have always arrived either on time or a few minutes before. Of course you need to "learn" how to fly with them. I check in one week before and never forget to print my boarding pass at home. ( No big deal, really).

While I'm not the biggest fan of their BOB, I usually have something to eat and drink at the airport, and even bring a sandwich with me for the longer flights to Lanzarote, so it's a minor inconvenience I can perfectly live with.

For those of you who hate Ryanair all I can say is fly them at least once and keep an open mind. You might be surprised by how efficient they are.

LupineChemist

Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:45 pm

I live in Madrid so sort of a mixed business/leisure destination and we often use FR for our business trips because timing is good and they are often the only direct option, especially to a lot of Italy.

Honestly, I really don't notice the difference (aside from the nauseating color scheme) compare to any other no-frills airline or even IB shorthaul at this point. The only thing that makes me prefer IB or UX is lounge access, but it's not like it's that big of a deal.

eurowings

Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:07 pm

FR recruits from around Europe and a lot of the recruits are pretty young and without commitments so are happy to live in shared flats etc, they won't have a problem recruiting for the FRA base if they could recruit for their bases in Norway which is far more expensive.
"Freddie Laker may be at peace with his Maker, but he is persona non grata with IATA."- HRH Duke of Edinburgh

n272wa

Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:16 pm

Best of luck to FR at FRA! Great to see them there.

LGAviation

Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:18 pm

HHN has closed reservations to BGY from April onwards, might we see something interesting there?
2018: ADD CPH DAR DEN DME DUB FRA HAH HAM IST JIB KEF LYR MEL OSL PEK PKC PVG RAK STN SVO SYD YVR

SCQ83

Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:26 pm

LGAviation wrote:
HHN has closed reservations to BGY from April onwards, might we see something interesting there?

Ryanair is also starting BGY-LUX in summer season.

RacheyFlies

Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:31 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
The day Air Berlin collapses, money-conscious Germans will need more budget flights to take them to their beloved Mallorca. Nothing surprising here.

Yes, I earlier reported they have already retired their last owned 737-800 due to collapses. The last remaining 15 737 is only leased from TUI until 2018. In addition, these 15 jets including another 25 Airbus planes were among of them heading for Lufthansa Group next year. But Ryanair could be possibly the replacement 737 of Air Berlin I think.
The best plane I've flown is an A380. They were the biggest and the best than other plane I've been on. :lol:

Cunard

Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:38 pm

RacheyFlies wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
The day Air Berlin collapses, money-conscious Germans will need more budget flights to take them to their beloved Mallorca. Nothing surprising here.

Yes, I earlier reported they have already retired their last owned 737-800 due to collapses. The last remaining 15 737 is only leased from TUI until 2018. In addition, these 15 jets including another 25 Airbus planes were among of them heading for Lufthansa Group next year. But Ryanair could be possibly the replacement 737 of Air Berlin I think.

Air Berlin did not retire their last owned Boeing 737-800 due to collapse.

And

The last remaining 15 737 are leased to TUI NOT from TUI.

Very gibberish comments you seem to always post on here.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.