Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tacobell101

Re: Rumor: Emirates to start Phoenix and Buffalo

Tue May 09, 2017 2:44 am

MAH4546 wrote:
tacobell101 wrote:
Still waiting for ME3's to show up at YVR. Any word on Emirates starting YVR up because if anything it sounds more realistic then Buffalo IMO.

The ME3 are each only allowed three weekly flights to Canada. EK/EY use them to Toronto and QR to Montreal. None of them can fly to Vancouver without discontinuing/reducing service elsewhere.

Ok. Thank you for letting me know.

upwardfacing

Tue May 09, 2017 6:12 am

Post # 33 in this thread seems to offer a sober analysis of the Canadian perspective on further GCC carrier expansion:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=605673&p=9647723#p9647723

swaluver48

Sun May 14, 2017 9:21 pm

Here's some interesting info. The city of Phoenix is offering $2m for JAL to send a 773 everyday, here in the next months AA will be retiring the 75s and replacing them with the 78-9s, and the A350s when they get them, gates A30,B13,B25,B23 will be dual jetways. I heard this last night from a friend with AA that found out from corporate. When Honeywell leaves they will add a 4th runway and a intl terminal, you guys can throw phx under the bus but in the near future and even now we can hold the bigger planes and the intl airlines. Leaving it at that, the future for Phoenix looks brighter. oh and T3S when complete will have 2 gates that have both dual jetways. Sadly to say ( for everyone who doesn't live here and don't understand how big phx is actually) Phoenix is growing hugely. Yeah snow birds and people like that have a huge economic out here, but that doesn't count a slim him in the 5+ million people living here.

globalcabotage

Sun May 14, 2017 11:53 pm

DFW offers incentives as well (along with many other airports).

PHX is not getting NRT on a JL77W. Same as (XXX) not getting every International airline and DL retaliating.

777PHX

Mon May 15, 2017 12:18 am

swaluver48 wrote:
Here's some interesting info. The city of Phoenix is offering $2m for JAL to send a 773 everyday, here in the next months AA will be retiring the 75s and replacing them with the 78-9s, and the A350s when they get them, gates A30,B13,B25,B23 will be dual jetways. I heard this last night from a friend with AA that found out from corporate. When Honeywell leaves they will add a 4th runway and a intl terminal, you guys can throw phx under the bus but in the near future and even now we can hold the bigger planes and the intl airlines. Leaving it at that, the future for Phoenix looks brighter. oh and T3S when complete will have 2 gates that have both dual jetways. Sadly to say ( for everyone who doesn't live here and don't understand how big phx is actually) Phoenix is growing hugely. Yeah snow birds and people like that have a huge economic out here, but that doesn't count a slim him in the 5+ million people living here.

There's no way JL would start such a route with such a large aircraft. 757s being replaced by 789s? Huh?

I don't believe any of your rumors, but assuming the bit about the fourth runway and the international terminal is correct for the sake of discussion, you're talking about something that's at least a couple decades away from fruition.

Maverick623

Mon May 15, 2017 12:32 am

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic...
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

777PHX

Mon May 15, 2017 12:55 am

I don't think he was...

swaluver48

Mon May 15, 2017 2:37 am

like i said, people didnt think they would hold 2 BAs, look at what happened, people didnt think T3S would ever be destroyed and redone. it is currently, no one ever thinks stuff will happen at phoenix, and have been proven wrong. The city of Phoenix did release a statement that they offered JAL airlines $2m to fly here. Overall just working BA, and Jetblue, and having friend who work at the M3 (plus WN) most people are connecting to the INTl airline (EK, JAL, Swiss, Etc.) through the northeast airports, seattle, and LA. we have the demand. I DO NOT CARE ON A PERSON's OPINION WHO DOES NOT WORK IN THE INDUSTRY OR DONT HAVE RELATIONS ONTO WHAT DEMANDS WE HAVE IN PHOENIX! Once again believe what you want to believe, when they start to send those planes and airlines start to fly in here. I will remember your name, pull what you have said and tell you i was right. Phoenix is a slow work in progress but we have demand for sure on Local bags and Xfer bags. If you were smart you would want to believe a person who works in the industry and at the airport we are specifically talking about with connections in every airline that flys into here, than someone who gets his info from an out known source, or is just throwing something out of his butt, you want proof that i work there, go look up my name on instagram @phx_ramper.

IPFreely

Mon May 15, 2017 2:54 am

swaluver48 wrote:
I heard this last night from a friend with AA that found out from corporate.

That should be good enough for anyone.

Maverick623

Mon May 15, 2017 6:12 am

Yikes. I guess he was serious.

Alex, don't know who you've been talking to but 95% of what you just posted isn't true.

LAX772LR

Mon May 15, 2017 6:36 am

danj555 wrote:
Waiting for LAX772LR user to come swooping in and list a million reasons why PHX can't happen.

Which is not only quite strange of you, but ultimately frivolous, as I'm of no such belief.

MAH4546 wrote:
The ME3 are each only allowed three weekly flights to Canada. EK/EY use them to Toronto and QR to Montreal. None of them can fly to Vancouver without discontinuing/reducing service elsewhere.

Not the ME3, in this case just the UAE2.

Qatar has an entirely separate bilateral... whose allotments Canada is still listing as classified, nearly 7yrs later. :?
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

EarlyLateORD

Mon May 15, 2017 8:05 am

My initial guess with BUF was "can they do it with an A330," well those have since left the system. BUF solves a few problems. It gets EK a way into the heart of Ontario, picks up decent sized markets in BUF & Rochester and can likely pull some additional pax from nearby driving markets like CLE/PIT that are a couple hour drive away. If you were an IT or Tech worker in Pittsburgh, would you drive a couple hours for a direct flight to the Middle East? People in MSP make road trips/separate flights all the time to ORD for cheaper transatlantic options.

A well operated bus connection from BUF to Toronto could be no worse for time than the buses airlines like GOL & LATAM operate/operated from GRU into Central Sao Paulo. A trip that has taken me 2-3 hours in bumper to bumper traffic. Google maps shows BUF to Mississauga as 1:35, if the border process is moving quickly, that isn't bad...

Adam

swaluver48

Mon May 15, 2017 3:04 pm

Maverick623 wrote:

Alex, don't know who you've been talking to but 95% of what you just posted isn't true.

Like I said where's your info coming from? Because as far as I have heard you're pulling stuff out of your brain because you don't know how fast Phoenix is growing. And also it's okay if you don't believe any of us in the airline industry you're probably one of the guys who still believe it was United fault, even though the airlines are letting the public know it's not just United that it happens to all. :) cheers!

Maverick623

Mon May 15, 2017 3:14 pm

swaluver48 wrote:
Maverick623 wrote:

Like I said where's your info coming from? Because as far as I have heard you're pulling stuff out of your brain because you don't know how fast Phoenix is growing. And also it's okay if you don't believe any of us in the airline industry you're probably one of the guys who still believe it was United fault, even though the airlines are letting the public know it's not just United that it happens to all. :) cheers!

Been in the industry over a decade. Been in Phoenix 21 years. Thanks.

Just saw a memo last week that the 757s are staying til at least 2021, and they'll be replaced with either A321NEOs or 738MAXs. The city did offer money to JAL, but they haven't taken it yet. A30 and B13 will be A330 capable gates, but not dual jetways though

Whoever your source is, they're either making stuff up or lying. Or maybe it's all in your head?

777PHX

Mon May 15, 2017 4:00 pm

I work in the airline industry, I know all the secrets!

Makes $12/hr tossing bags.

dtw2hyd

Mon May 15, 2017 4:09 pm

What is the probability of these becoming real. I was thinking Buffalo will have a Quick Shuttle code share.
In current political scenario code share shuttles to Canada are not big winners.

and PHX is a good destination for VCV positioning.
All posts are just opinions.

777PHX

Mon May 15, 2017 4:22 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
What is the probability of these becoming real. I was thinking Buffalo will have a Quick Shuttle code share.
In current political scenario code share shuttles to Canada are not big winners.

Phoenix, I could see happening at some point. As much as some here would like to write Phoenix off as a desert wasteland with a geriatric population, it’s actually one of the fastest growing cities in the US and apparently the largest MSA in the country without ME3 service. Having two “hubs” there already certainly doesn’t hurt either.

Buffalo, not a chance in hell.

Keep in mind, this rumor was started because someone saw what was probably an IT glitch on Emirates’ interactive route map on its website. Not exactly a credible source of information.

chrisair

Mon May 15, 2017 5:23 pm

If and when EK starts Phoenix service, I can't wait to hear all the bigots living in parts of Maricopa County complain about the new airline with "scary looking" writing on the side...

izbtmnhd

Mon May 15, 2017 5:28 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:

That was great. PHX may become EK's biggest A380 destination. :lol:

SFOATLFlyer

Mon May 15, 2017 5:34 pm

upwardfacing wrote:
Post # 33 in this thread seems to offer a sober analysis of the Canadian perspective on further GCC carrier expansion:

Am I correct that Canada also gets 6 weekly slots to the UAE? If so, is there a reason why AC is only using 3 YYZ-DXB and not the other three?

wn676

Mon May 15, 2017 8:19 pm

This thread is still a thing?

swaluver48 wrote:
next months AA will be retiring the 75s and replacing them with the 78-9s, and the A350s when they get them

Not happening. The VP of Planning at AA has said that they will be replaced by the NEO. There will be an A333 operating PHX-HNL seasonally but as you may or may not know AA is planning on retiring that variant within the next couple years as well.

swaluver48 wrote:
gates A30,B13,B25,B23 will be dual jetways.

Also not happening. There is no justification for adding dual jetways at any gate in PHX when you can count the number of widebody international flights on one hand and those airlines that do operate here do not even utilize dual jetways on a widespread basis even at their hubs.

As mentioned earlier, A30 and B13 will become swing gates for parking A330s; when in use, A26 and B11 will be OOS.

swaluver48 wrote:
I heard this last night from a friend with AA that found out from corporate.

They're either misquoting something they overheard or making it all up to sound important. That accounts for about 99% of what you'll hear out there.

swaluver48 wrote:
When Honeywell leaves they will add a 4th runway and a intl terminal, you guys can throw phx under the bus but in the near future and even now we can hold the bigger planes and the intl airlines.

A fourth runway is not happening soon, if ever. Jim Bennett is actually on record saying there is no need for additional runway capacity:

"We have 3 runways and given our weather conditions most of the time, we can operate those three runways quite efficiently. We’re actually operating in today’s market, we’re probably operating about 100,000 operations per year less than what peak used to be. So we have plenty of airfield capacity."

http://crankyflier.com/2016/05/23/acros ... d-the-tsa/

swaluver48 wrote:
oh and T3S when complete will have 2 gates that have both dual jetways.

IIRC it will have two ADG V-capable swing gates, not dual jetways. Those will actually take up two gates when occupied by an ADG V aircraft. There will be at least one or two ADG IV-capable gates, however.

swaluver48 wrote:
like i said, people didnt think they would hold 2 BAs, look at what happened,

While it's nice to see BA operating two flights, do keep in mind that it's 10x weekly for two months out of the year. It's not hard to fill planes across the Atlantic in the summer; just look at all the seasonal TATL flying in the same time period.

swaluver48 wrote:
people didnt think T3S would ever be destroyed and redone.

You're right, we and the City all thought that they would be tearing down T2 and building a new 30+ gate West Terminal. Then the recession happened, and we came back down to reality. The T3 Mod project could really be considered an alternative to building a completely new terminal.

swaluver48 wrote:
Overall just working BA, and Jetblue, and having friend who work at the M3 (plus WN) most people are connecting to the INTl airline (EK, JAL, Swiss, Etc.) through the northeast airports, seattle, and LA. we have the demand. I DO NOT CARE ON A PERSON's OPINION WHO DOES NOT WORK IN THE INDUSTRY OR DONT HAVE RELATIONS ONTO WHAT DEMANDS WE HAVE IN PHOENIX! Once again believe what you want to believe, when they start to send those planes and airlines start to fly in here. I will remember your name, pull what you have said and tell you i was right. Phoenix is a slow work in progress but we have demand for sure on Local bags and Xfer bags. If you were smart you would want to believe a person who works in the industry and at the airport we are specifically talking about with connections in every airline that flys into here, than someone who gets his info from an out known source, or is just throwing something out of his butt, you want proof that i work there, go look up my name on instagram @phx_ramper.

Sorry, but working for Swissport and anecdotally noticing destinations on bag tags that go by is not a basis for route planning or measuring demand. What you see is just a drop in the bucket compared to what's actually necessary to start and sustain an international route, and that's not even getting in to the economics of what kind of ticket prices those routes could actually command. They might have somewhat decent numbers but would need to charge wholly unsustainable prices to fill those seats. Go check out how many passengers are connecting from PHX through LAX to places like Vietnam, Taiwan, Australia, and many other far flung places around the world, and ask yourself why we don't have non-stop flights there yet. I'll give you a hint: it's not because airlines don't know about PHX and how big it is.

And as a side note, bragging that a flight was easy to work because it was cans only really makes your case for all of this worse. You kind of want the flight to be packed with cargo every day.
Last edited by wn676 on Mon May 15, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

StarAC17

Mon May 15, 2017 8:25 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
I don't see BUF as so crazy as it seems. It would be a way to add more flights to Toronto and bother Air Canada and the Canadian government. Maybe they have numbers of people from Vancouver using SEA-DXB (which is or used to be double daily), and Vancouver to SEA is much longer and a bigger hassle than Toronto to BUF.

Even BUF website has specific sections about Canada and Toronto:

http://www.buffaloairport.com/Canadian/
http://www.buffaloairport.com/Toronto/

EK any EY have been serving Canada for 10 years now. I don't support the ME3 getting unlimited access to Canada but I would allow them something like 20 slots for the UAE and 10 for Qatar and they can use them for any city they please. It is time they get a little more access to Canada and I believe that Germany does that as well. (the numbers I'm using is a simple guess and have no merits on anything)

The only condition is that EK continues to serve YYZ with an A380 :)
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

usflyer msp

Mon May 15, 2017 9:24 pm

SFOATLFlyer wrote:
upwardfacing wrote:

Am I correct that Canada also gets 6 weekly slots to the UAE? If so, is there a reason why AC is only using 3 YYZ-DXB and not the other three?

It is 6x weekly but also no more than 3x weekly per carrier unless other country agrees...

Midwestindy

Mon May 15, 2017 9:30 pm

This thread should be locked, I think it is pretty safe to say that EK will not add BUF or PHX anytime soon...
ORD & IND

AA & DL

SFOATLFlyer

Mon May 15, 2017 9:31 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
SFOATLFlyer wrote:
upwardfacing wrote:

It is 6x weekly but also no more than 3x weekly per carrier unless other country agrees...

Thanks for the fyi. I'm going to guess WS new 789's won't be flying to the UAE anytime soon.

danj555

Tue May 16, 2017 4:35 am

LAX772LR wrote:
danj555 wrote:
Waiting for LAX772LR user to come swooping in and list a million reasons why PHX can't happen.

Which is not only quite strange of you, but ultimately frivolous, as I'm of no such belief.

MAH4546 wrote:

Qatar has an entirely separate bilateral... whose allotments Canada is still listing as classified, nearly 7yrs later. :?

HAHAH hes here! You made such a stink in another thread with me that PHX isn't going to get any attention from anyone anytime soon.

LAX772LR

Tue May 16, 2017 9:09 am

danj555 wrote:
HAHAH hes here! You made such a stink in another thread with me that PHX isn't going to get any attention from anyone anytime soon.

"Any . . . from anyone"? Hmm, that's a rather inventive recollection.

AA has little reason to duplicate the flows that it can serve with the combination of LAX+DFW, and in a market contract, PHX would likely be the first to pull down.

No reason to believe one of the ME3 couldn't use it as a point of sale flowed over their hubs though. The two concepts aren't exactly related.

parapente

Tue May 16, 2017 9:13 am

Am I right in saying that Emirates original aim was to have 16 US destinations?Thats not to say that still is the plan.

klm617

Tue May 16, 2017 11:17 am

danj555 wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
danj555 wrote:

MAH4546 wrote:

He says that about Detroit too but yet thinks MSY is underserved.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

klm617

Tue May 16, 2017 11:20 am

I think for the time being we aren't going to see much expansion by the ME3 into the US because the conditions aren't that favorable anymore by the electronics ban as Mr. Trumps answer to the complaints of the US3 to kind of throw them a bone and quiet them down. In corporate America that's how things are done let's do this to makes this happen and hope the masses don't catch on.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

LAX772LR

Tue May 16, 2017 3:33 pm

klm617 wrote:
He says that about Detroit too

Bullshit

Post a link to me saying anything about Detroit's level of service-- other than asking WTH you bring it up in EVERY thread when there's no relevance.
Go ahead, I'll wait.

910A

Tue May 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Adipocere wrote:
PHX is certainly a big US without any transoceanic international flights (save BA) - but that is because of the poor quality of its population base. The city has relied on retirees and snowbirds far too much for economic expansion; as opposed to building a vibrant economy that can fill seats up front. In short, Phoenix, at least in its 55+ only parts, is a large death camp in the desert for mostly midwestern retirees hunkered down in cheap tract homes awaiting their ends.

Not feeling the luv, friend.

My town (Gilbert, AZ) population of 247,542. Average Age males: 31 females 32. Only 14,000 households with one or more residents over the age of 60. The average household income is $98K, only Scottsdale has a higher average household income in the Phoenix area. Well, in my area of Gilbert, there is no such thing as cheap tract homes. All my information was obtained from the Town of Gilbert Economic Development Office.

Do I think a flight to DXB would work? On the face of it, I would think no, but then again other cities having service to DXB that I didn't think it would work, as maintained it service, so who knows.

777PHX

Tue May 16, 2017 6:32 pm

910A wrote:
Adipocere wrote:
PHX is certainly a big US without any transoceanic international flights (save BA) - but that is because of the poor quality of its population base. The city has relied on retirees and snowbirds far too much for economic expansion; as opposed to building a vibrant economy that can fill seats up front. In short, Phoenix, at least in its 55+ only parts, is a large death camp in the desert for mostly midwestern retirees hunkered down in cheap tract homes awaiting their ends.

My town (Gilbert, AZ) population of 247,542. Average Age males: 31 females 32. Only 14,000 households with one or more residents over the age of 60. The average household income is $98K, only Scottsdale has a higher average household income in the Phoenix area. Well, in my area of Gilbert, there is no such thing as cheap tract homes. All my information was obtained from the Town of Gilbert Economic Development Office.

Do I think a flight to DXB would work? On the face of it, I would think no, but then again other cities having service to DXB that I didn't think it would work, as maintained it service, so who knows.

Something else worth pointing out, here's a ranking of the highest median income out of the 150 biggest cities in the US when adjusted for COL:

1. Gilbert, AZ
2. Overland Park, KS
3. Plano, TX
4. Chandler, AZ
5. Scottsdale, AZ

I too live in Gilbert. It's a vibrant, young area that's exploding in growth from affluent young familes. It's anything but some depository for tract homes and half dead people awaiting their fate.

RobertPhoenix

Tue May 16, 2017 7:20 pm

I have no idea about the statistics that would support, or not, the expansion of direct international services from PHX.

What I do know is that BA has steadily increased the number of seats on the service to LHR and I can't get anything but an economy reward ticket next Sunday - when there are two 747 leaving. I have been looking for months for a business or premium economy seat and they are never available.

777PHX

Tue May 16, 2017 7:25 pm

RobertPhoenix wrote:
I have no idea about the statistics that would support, or not, the expansion of direct international services from PHX.

What I do know is that BA has steadily increased the number of seats on the service to LHR and I can't get anything but an economy reward ticket next Sunday - when there are two 747 leaving. I have been looking for months for a business or premium economy seat and they are never available.

That's been my experience as well. High ticket prices and very little award inventory. I have a feeling PHX does well for BA, as evidenced by the fact that they immediately jumped to another 744 on certain days during the summer.

yycdel

Tue May 16, 2017 7:46 pm

SFOATLFlyer wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
SFOATLFlyer wrote:

Thanks for the fyi. I'm going to guess WS new 789's won't be flying to the UAE anytime soon.

You never know..... Westjet does codeshare with Emirates, maybe EK can convince WS to try YYZ-DXB 3x
:stirthepot:

danj555

Wed May 17, 2017 2:53 am

LAX772LR wrote:
danj555 wrote:

"Any . . . from anyone"? Hmm, that's a rather inventive recollection.

AA has little reason to duplicate the flows that it can serve with the combination of LAX+DFW, and in a market contract, PHX would likely be the first to pull down.

No reason to believe one of the ME3 couldn't use it as a point of sale flowed over their hubs though. The two concepts aren't exactly related.

Quoting you from 3 weeks ago:

"They'd need a significant increase in corporate connections to Asia (which they don't have, sufficiently to entice a flight) before anything changes."
"Actually, it's quite believable. It's secondary hub metro with (1) a location that isn't conducive to flowing transatlantic traffic, (2) a comparatively small big-business component relative to its size and (3) limited international tourism appeal."

danj555 wrote:
I would think a Japanese carrier, maybe JAL or Qatar (of the ME3) since PHX is an AA hub.

"What traffic flow would PHX offer them that the combination of LAX and DFW, don't already?"

danj555 wrote:
Surely PHX could support a single 788 to Asia. or a 77L to a single ME3 carrier.

"In a vacuum, possibly.
The critical question is: Could it do so without creating an Opportunity Cost for the use of that asset? ...thus far, the answer has long been "no.""

Good luck talking yourself out of this one.

danj555

Wed May 17, 2017 2:57 am

klm617 wrote:
danj555 wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:

He says that about Detroit too but yet thinks MSY is underserved.

Don't worry KLM, I'm on clean up duty. 8-)

Check the post above

danj555

Wed May 17, 2017 3:04 am

777PHX wrote:
910A wrote:
Adipocere wrote:

Something else worth pointing out, here's a ranking of the highest median income out of the 150 biggest cities in the US when adjusted for COL:

1. Gilbert, AZ
2. Overland Park, KS
3. Plano, TX
4. Chandler, AZ
5. Scottsdale, AZ

I too live in Gilbert. It's a vibrant, young area that's exploding in growth from affluent young familes. It's anything but some depository for tract homes and half dead people awaiting their fate.

I'm with you, I'm waiting for PHX to pop... Its gunna happen. However I was advised by our friend LAX772LR to "not hold my breath." .... I live in Tempe. Gilbert isn't some fountain of youth utopia. Its cool but idk. also whats up with your name? Did BA fly a 777 before the 747 they fly now? Cause as far as I'm aware no 777s fly here. Or do you just like the 777, and are from PHX?

LAX772LR

Wed May 17, 2017 3:40 am

danj555 wrote:

What need is there for "luck" when the answers are straightforward?
Here, since you insist, let's examine.

(P.S. learn to use the quotes function. It's not difficult, even for you. Would make this so much less cumbersome).

LAX772LR wrote:
"Actually, it's quite believable. It's secondary hub metro with (1) a location that isn't conducive to flowing transatlantic traffic, (2) a comparatively small big-business component relative to its size and (3) limited international tourism appeal."

And for AA/BA/JL, I stand by this.
No change there.

LAX772LR wrote:
danj555 wrote:
or a 77L to a single ME3 carrier.

"In a vacuum, possibly.
The critical question is: Could it do so without creating an Opportunity Cost for the use of that asset? ...thus far, the answer has long been "no.""

And thus far, the answer REMAINS "no."
So again, no real change in application.

If however your question is why I'd be more upbeat on the ME3 doing it than the hub carrier and its partners; it's because I've learned just how much traffic Freeport-McMoran sends to SE Asia out of PHX, despite it being nearly all-Y and happily connecting; it's still fairly consistent.

Good luck getting any movement of that from AA and its immunized partners, without massive subsidy; but the ME3 have shown that they're willing to take that kind of worker transit Y traffic (see: MIA+FLL), so it's really not much of a stretch to see them perhaps going for a nonstop one day. Probably not soon.

........try again. :roll:

danj555

Wed May 17, 2017 5:28 am

LAX772LR wrote:
danj555 wrote:

What need is there for "luck" when the answers are straightforward?
Here, since you insist, let's examine.

(P.S. learn to use the quotes function. It's not difficult, even for you. Would make this so much less cumbersome).

LAX772LR wrote:

And for AA/BA/JL, I stand by this.
No change there.

LAX772LR wrote:
danj555 wrote:
or a 77L to a single ME3 carrier.

"In a vacuum, possibly.

And thus far, the answer REMAINS "no."
So again, no real change in application.

If however your question is why I'd be more upbeat on the ME3 doing it than the hub carrier and its partners; it's because I've learned just how much traffic Freeport-McMoran sends to SE Asia out of PHX, despite it being nearly all-Y and happily connecting; it's still fairly consistent.

Good luck getting any movement of that from AA and its immunized partners, without massive subsidy; but the ME3 have shown that they're willing to take that kind of worker transit Y traffic (see: MIA+FLL), so it's really not much of a stretch to see them perhaps going for a nonstop one day. Probably not soon.

........try again. :roll:

I specifically mentioned twice on ME3's interest in PHX. And you are consistent, in flip-flopping.

your views on PHX as a viable route...
No reason to believe one of the ME3 couldn't use it as a point of sale flowed over their hubs though.

Oh look someone listed reasons why this couldn't work.... why its you...
(1) It's secondary hub metro with a location that isn't conducive to flowing transatlantic traffic,
(2) a comparatively small big-business component relative to its size and
(3) limited international tourism appeal."

And your views on the future of PHX....
"PHX could add another million people, and no Asian/ME airline would care."
..."it's really not much of a stretch to see them perhaps going for a nonstop one day."

Dude. Get your story straight.

LAX772LR

Wed May 17, 2017 5:55 am

danj555 wrote:
Dude. Get your story straight.

Are you rambling to just see yourself type (which I suspect), or do you somehow not comprehend that:

This:
"PHX could add another million people, and no Asian/ME airline would care."

Went to this:
"No reason to believe one of the ME3 couldn't use it as a point of sale flowed over their hubs"

Because of this:
"it's because I've learned just how much traffic Freeport-McMoran sends to SE Asia out of PHX, despite it being nearly all-Y and happily connecting; it's still fairly consistent."

Thus resulting in this:
"the ME3 have shown that they're willing to take that kind of worker transit Y traffic (see: MIA+FLL), it's really not much of a stretch to see them perhaps going for a nonstop one day."

aviationaware

Wed May 17, 2017 6:21 am

Considering the problems the ME3 are having on the west coast, there is no chance in hell for a PHX connection. Get over it people.

Flightsimboy

Wed May 17, 2017 12:56 pm

yycdel wrote:
SFOATLFlyer wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
You never know..... Westjet does codeshare with Emirates, maybe EK can convince WS to try YYZ-DXB 3x
:stirthepot:

West jet already shows up in fares to Dubai as a connection at LGW. You fly on WS to LGW and then connect on an EK flight to Dubai. I doubt WS will fly their metal all the way to DXB. Maybe Air Transit perhaps?
LAX772LR - "Answer to goofy question:" in response to my question about the B737-MAX8 being grounded. 48 hours later all B737-MAX8 grounded worldwide. Go figure!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos