Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

waoz1

Re: Australian Aviation Thread Part 147

Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:57 am

I do kind of get Perth airports position on it all.

Qantas want them to basically make one terminal international for one flight a day. Wouldn't you lose gates 16,17,17A,17B, 18, 19, 20 and 21-25(going off current map). Depending on how they set it all up, not sure you can swing a terminal from domestic to international so easily.

log0008

Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:22 am

MU will go double daily with the 77W over the Chinese New Year on both PVG-MEL & PVG-SYD

China Eastern during Chinese Lunar New Years plans to expand capacity to Australia, as the airline schedules double daily 777-300ER service on Shanghai Pu Dong – Melbourne and Shanghai Pu Dong – Sydney route, from 20JAN17 to 11FEB17 (PVG departure). Currently for Northern winter season, both being served by A330-200 and 777-300ER.

Shanghai Pu Dong – Melbourne
MU739 PVG0020 – 1340MEL 77W D
MU737 PVG2000 – 1000+1MEL 77W D

MU738 MEL1200 – 1945PVG 77W D
MU740 MEL2230 – 0555+1PVG 77W D

Shanghai Pu Dong – Sydney
MU735 PVG0015 – 1335SYD 77W D
MU561 PVG2020 – 1000+1SYD 77W D

MU562 SYD1200 – 1920PVG 77W D
MU736 SYD2130 – 0500+1PVG 77W D

777ER
Head Moderator

Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:20 am

waoz1 wrote:
I do kind of get Perth airports position on it all.

Qantas want them to basically make one terminal international for one flight a day. Wouldn't you lose gates 16,17,17A,17B, 18, 19, 20 and 21-25(going off current map). Depending on how they set it all up, not sure you can swing a terminal from domestic to international so easily.

Wellington do it all the time. During the AM and PM International departures some gates are International and once all those departures are gone doors are closed and then the gates become domestic for Air NZ and Jetstar use.

When a nasty southerly is blowing through the international gates on the southern end are used for domestic ops when possible. I boarded a domestic flight from Gate 27 (known as gate 47 when international) in September. Felt weird as I'm use to boarding the Qantas Sydney service from this gate
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]
Flown: 1900D,S340,Q300,AT72-5/6,DC3,CR2/7,E145,E70/75/90,A319/20/21,A332/3,A359,A380,F100,B717,B733/4/8/9,B742/4,B752/3,B763,B772/3, B789
With: NZ,SJ,QF,JQ,EK,VA,AA,UA,DL,FL,AC,FJ,SQ,TG,PR

luftaom

Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:26 am

Darwin and Adelaide do a similar thing with their international terminal space when it is not in use.
airliners.net's passenger - simultaneously connecting and flying direct.

waoz1

Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:52 am

True 777er and Luftaom

But Darwin, Adelaide and Wellington have the same amount of flights in our out as Perth does so to lose a few gates at anytime would be an issue :/

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:32 am

Don't fall off your chair when you read this

Perth Airport has been awarded capital city airport of the year

http://australianaviation.com.au/2016/1 ... -the-year/
Forum Moderator

smi0006

Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:47 am

waoz1 wrote:
True 777er and Luftaom

But Darwin, Adelaide and Wellington have the same amount of flights in our out as Perth does so to lose a few gates at anytime would be an issue :/

More bussing for domestic flights? I think sadly due to poor planning and an unwillingness to invest (not an inability) by airport companies - airlines and passengers will be forced to accept more operational challenges with a poorer customer experience.

I will however exclude ADL and CBR from my list, both of whom have good operations and facilities, - and from an outsiders perspective seem very willing to invest to attract new business.

jrfspa320

Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:58 am

The only section of T3 that could be separated to have international ops would gates 16 & 17, without loosing the whole terminal, and then you would essentially be creating a gate holding room. Also would need to section off one baggage belt for international ops...just not practical in a terminal on one level. I think the easiest solution would be to have an airside bus ala Sydney, where passengers are taken from a domestic gate to the international terminal.
Also I actually think Perth airport has come a long way. T1 domestic and T2 are good, T3/T4 is nicer then BNE and MEL domestic. T1 international is small but the refurbishment has taken it a long way especially arrivals. I had the unfortunate pleasure of arriving internationally at Melbourne recently...chaos is an understatement. Took over an hour to get through immigration/collect bags..that was with express pass...arriving into Perth i'm usually home within the hour from landing

Zkpilot

Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:01 am

cougar15 wrote:
An767 wrote:
Would not mind trying PER-LHR in J , could not be any worse than SYD -LHR with the wake up call that is Dubai .

Seems strange that a certain member who spat the dummy over the new QF scheme has not been seen since ?

AN767

Love your username, especially as seeing there is many an Aussie like myself, thanks to the (much loved admittedly) mess that was Ansett are still stuck around the world as expats, nearly quarter of a century on....
Whats with this common dislike for DXB on this thread? I´m a Perth boy, so my choices for the regular returns home are obvious. There´s nothing wrong with DXB for transit, heck, the odd crack in the marble floors maybe, but that doesn´t make it any worse than Changi, where your feet stick to those ancient ´80´s style carpets. If lucky enough to transit it in J, it´s a really good experience Why this dislike for the place, except that Dubai Inc saved the red roo´s neck (with all positive and negative side effects) and what I sometimes read as a bit of misplaced aussie pride?
I enjoy EU-PER via DXB, it is up to 3 hourse quicker than via SIN, and I think the market has accepted it as a transit point. But then there are those on this thread...... :?:

I think people have a problem with the sandpit DXB for a few reasons: 1) It is a fascade. Nothing real about it - just petrodollars and slave labour. 2) EK didn't save QF, QF gave up more to EK than EK gave to QF... it is mutually beneficial at best. 3) EK was the main protagonist in QF's international problems (besides it's own management incompetence from AJ&co... speaking of which he said in a public speech recently that he is "just one of the girls" - not exactly CEO-speak.
DXB and indeed most of the Middle East is still stuck with barbaric/backwards rules/traditions/laws - see recently the English girl that got raped who then got charged with having sex outside of marriage. That doesn't exactly make it a safe spot for tourists or crew to be in. Speaking of AJ technically he could be arrested while in DBX for being gay.
So yes there are quite a few issues there.
64 types. 45 countries. 24 airlines.

An767

Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:37 am

Zkpilot wrote:
cougar15 wrote:
An767 wrote:
Would not mind trying PER-LHR in J , could not be any worse than SYD -LHR with the wake up call that is Dubai .

Seems strange that a certain member who spat the dummy over the new QF scheme has not been seen since ?

AN767

Love your username, especially as seeing there is many an Aussie like myself, thanks to the (much loved admittedly) mess that was Ansett are still stuck around the world as expats, nearly quarter of a century on....
Whats with this common dislike for DXB on this thread? I´m a Perth boy, so my choices for the regular returns home are obvious. There´s nothing wrong with DXB for transit, heck, the odd crack in the marble floors maybe, but that doesn´t make it any worse than Changi, where your feet stick to those ancient ´80´s style carpets. If lucky enough to transit it in J, it´s a really good experience Why this dislike for the place, except that Dubai Inc saved the red roo´s neck (with all positive and negative side effects) and what I sometimes read as a bit of misplaced aussie pride?
I enjoy EU-PER via DXB, it is up to 3 hourse quicker than via SIN, and I think the market has accepted it as a transit point. But then there are those on this thread...... :?:

I think people have a problem with the sandpit DXB for a few reasons: 1) It is a fascade. Nothing real about it - just petrodollars and slave labour. 2) EK didn't save QF, QF gave up more to EK than EK gave to QF... it is mutually beneficial at best. 3) EK was the main protagonist in QF's international problems (besides it's own management incompetence from AJ&co... speaking of which he said in a public speech recently that he is "just one of the girls" - not exactly CEO-speak.
DXB and indeed most of the Middle East is still stuck with barbaric/backwards rules/traditions/laws - see recently the English girl that got raped who then got charged with having sex outside of marriage. That doesn't exactly make it a safe spot for tourists or crew to be in. Speaking of AJ technically he could be arrested while in DBX for being gay.
So yes there are quite a few issues there.

Problem with Dubai becomes evident when you have had a transit and left the airport, on arrival it is one hell of a hike to get to customs and baggage claim, then its another long walk to get to bus transfers etc, Same in reverse when departing. If you are on a short transit and do not leave the airport is fine , Unless you have to change terminals , then that's another issue in itself. The terminals are too crowded at the best of times and full of people going somewhere but sadly they have no idea where as some sadly cannot follow basic signage due to language or other issue. Give me an Asian stopover any day , but not possible on QF metal all the way through so Dubai it is sadly.
If its got wings put me on it. If it floats on water take it away

Sydscott

Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:49 am

An767 wrote:
Give me an Asian stopover any day , but not possible on QF metal all the way through so Dubai it is sadly.

The biggest advantage of Qantas being in the Oneworld Alliance = Cathay Pacific to Europe. I've flown QF to LHR and FRA via SIN and BKK back in the day. Since they made the switch to DXB, I fly Cathay to Europe for the simple reason that I like Hong Kong as a stopover and CX has a morning flight to LHR. So you can grab the QF Flight up, spend the night in Hong Kong and do a day Flight into LHR. Sure you don't get full status credits but you get most of them. If you're after QFF points you're out of luck but I get more of them from my credit card anyway.

An767

Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:58 am

Sydscott wrote:
An767 wrote:
Give me an Asian stopover any day , but not possible on QF metal all the way through so Dubai it is sadly.

The biggest advantage of Qantas being in the Oneworld Alliance = Cathay Pacific to Europe. I've flown QF to LHR and FRA via SIN and BKK back in the day. Since they made the switch to DXB, I fly Cathay to Europe for the simple reason that I like Hong Kong as a stopover and CX has a morning flight to LHR. So you can grab the QF Flight up, spend the night in Hong Kong and do a day Flight into LHR. Sure you don't get full status credits but you get most of them. If you're after QFF points you're out of luck but I get more of them from my credit card anyway.

True Sydscott. If I am going to take that option I normally go with BA, Finnair or Cathay (last choice) and connect to QF but I normally do this as a routing back from Europe so I can get my Asian stopover fix like the good old days. On the way to London I just want to get it over with

AN767

mariner

Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:25 am

Zkpilot wrote:
. speaking of which he said in a public speech recently that he is "just one of the girls" - not exactly CEO-speak.

Context is everything. It was a joke said at the annual dinner of Chief Executive Women:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busines ... fbc37a2ba7

"Qantas’ Alan Joyce: Women flying the airline to new heights

“Sometimes I just feel like one of the girls,” Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce joked at the Chief Executive Women annual dinner at the Westin Hotel in Sydney in August."

In that context I think its quite fun.

Zkpilot wrote:
Speaking of AJ technically he could be arrested while in DBX for being gay.

Technically, so could I. But I've never been arrested or heard of anyone being arrested there just for "being gay" in Dubai or most other Middle Eastern countries. And I've done rather more than just "be gay" in some of 'em. Homosexuality is the great unspoken secret of the Middle East.

If they arrested everyone gay in Dubai, Emirates (and Qantas) would lose a number of cabin staff. Image

mariner
aeternum nauta

EK413

Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:20 pm

Word on the street QF announcement this morning in HBA... Appears as though VHXMR will be on the catwalk...

EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

VapourTrails

Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:03 pm

EK413 wrote:
Word on the street QF announcement this morning in HBA... Appears as though VHXMR will be on the catwalk...

EK413

This intrigued me, and, the freighter.. :eyebrow:

Must be to do with this perhaps..

Excerpt from the article..

http://www.afr.com/business/transport/a ... 124-gswqws

Qantas to start weekly Hobart to Ningbo, China flights, carrying milk - by Angus Grigg, Nov 24 2016, AFR.

In a deal that increasingly defines the trade relationship between Australia and China, Qantas will begin flying fresh milk from Hobart to the city of Ningbo and carry window blinds home.

The weekly flight, loaded with 50,000 litres of fresh milk from the Chinese-owned Van Dairy, will begin early next year and may eventually run three times a week.

Fresh milk is the fastest growing imported dairy category in China but has become increasingly politically sensitive in recent months as local producers are being squeezed by imports.

Van Dairy, owned by China's Moon Lake Investments, will fly the milk into the wealthy port city of Ningbo, situated at the mouth of the Yangtze River.

Moon Lake has existing distribution relationships in the city of nearly 8 million people and believes it is less saturated with imported products than nearby Shanghai.

As the owner of Kresta Blinds, Moon Lake will then use the return Qantas flight to send curtains, awnings and other window shades manufactured in China to Australia.

The shipment of agricultural products to China and manufactured goods coming the other way is an increasing feature of Australia's trade relationship with the mainland.

It will market its newly launched fresh milk range under the Van Milk label and tell Chinese consumers that northern Tasmania has "the world's cleanest air".

While airlines such as Qantas have benefited from the Chinese tourist boom into Australia, demand for freight services is also growing strongly.

Qantas runs five dedicated freight services into Greater China each week.

"We often talk about China being a key market from a passenger perspective ... but the freight market is significant as well" said Alison Webster, the head of Qantas Freight.

Cathay Pacific launched a weekly freight service last month sending beef, mangos and other agricultural products out of Toowoomba's recently completed Wellcamp Airport to Hong Kong.

undertheradar

Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:19 pm

EK413 wrote:

EK413

I'm guessing something QANTAS FREIGHT/AIR EXPRESS related, as VH-XMR is a freight aircraft. :)

undertheradar

Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:22 pm

great detective work VapourTrails :)

georgiabill

Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:04 am

Does anyone think QF might fly the 787-10 for hih density routes in Asia? Although the route may be low yielding will QF consider flying SYD MEL to India? At the moment AI is flying the routes.

Bluebird191

Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:56 am

georgiabill wrote:
Does anyone think QF might fly the 787-10 for hih density routes in Asia? Although the route may be low yielding will QF consider flying SYD MEL to India? At the moment AI is flying the routes.

Has been tried and failed, but never say never. SYD-SFO made a comeback, but previously Mumbai was routed SYD-BOM before being added as a tag onto QF51/52 with a change of aircraft in SIN - was routed BNE-SIN-BOM, before BOM was dropped from the QF network

DeltaB717

Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:02 am

News of a jet fuel shortage at MEL today due to a batch of fuel not passing quality tests. Only 2 million litres will be available today. Delays and diversions are expected, as is tankering on domestic flights.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-25/f ... ay/8057456

allrite

Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:13 am

DeltaB717 wrote:
News of a jet fuel shortage at MEL today due to a batch of fuel not passing quality tests. Only 2 million litres will be available today. Delays and diversions are expected, as is tankering on domestic flights.

According to the article Qantas HKG and SIN services are being diverted via Sydney. Interesting to see what other international airlines do. Ouch!

Now on the subject of poor quality imports...

VapourTrails wrote:
Van Dairy, owned by China's Moon Lake Investments, will fly the milk into the wealthy port city of Ningbo, situated at the mouth of the Yangtze River.

Moon Lake has existing distribution relationships in the city of nearly 8 million people and believes it is less saturated with imported products than nearby Shanghai.

As the owner of Kresta Blinds, Moon Lake will then use the return Qantas flight to send curtains, awnings and other window shades manufactured in China to Australia.

I'd hope that the milk is of higher quality than the blinds being sent back. We tried to support a local business that we have used before with our last order of venetians for the house, but they went bust. Ended up going to Kresta and they are simply shite.
I like artificial banana essence!

VapourTrails

Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:20 am

allrite wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:

According to the article Qantas HKG and SIN services are being diverted via Sydney. Interesting to see what other international airlines do. Ouch!

MEL haven't had a good time of it this year, or is it just that I pay particular attention to all the news that comes from there! Let's hope this resolves itself soon, something like that can be so disruptive. :splat:

I wonder if CBR will get any of the diversions.. :coffee:

allrite wrote:
Now on the subject of poor quality imports...

VapourTrails wrote:

I'd hope that the milk is of higher quality than the blinds being sent back. We tried to support a local business that we have used before with our last order of venetians for the house, but they went bust. Ended up going to Kresta and they are simply shite.

I assure you it is, but I grew up on this stuff, and I am sure it contributes to the coronary (and obesity) rate, it's incredibly rich. I can't really drink it anymore, not that I have those issues!

Kresta: my blinds are locally made, and for that I am thankful. :stirthepot: But thanks for the (not) recommendation! :conehead:

LamboAston

Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:41 am

VapourTrails wrote:
EK413 wrote:

EK413

This intrigued me, and, the freighter.. :eyebrow:

Must be to do with this perhaps..

Excerpt from the article..

http://www.afr.com/business/transport/a ... 124-gswqws

Qantas to start weekly Hobart to Ningbo, China flights, carrying milk - by Angus Grigg, Nov 24 2016, AFR.

In a deal that increasingly defines the trade relationship between Australia and China, Qantas will begin flying fresh milk from Hobart to the city of Ningbo and carry window blinds home.

The weekly flight, loaded with 50,000 litres of fresh milk from the Chinese-owned Van Dairy, will begin early next year and may eventually run three times a week.

Fresh milk is the fastest growing imported dairy category in China but has become increasingly politically sensitive in recent months as local producers are being squeezed by imports.

The shipment of agricultural products to China and manufactured goods coming the other way is an increasing feature of Australia's trade relationship with the mainland.

It will market its newly launched fresh milk range under the Van Milk label and tell Chinese consumers that northern Tasmania has "the world's cleanest air".

While airlines such as Qantas have benefited from the Chinese tourist boom into Australia, demand for freight services is also growing strongly.

Qantas runs five dedicated freight services into Greater China each week.

"We often talk about China being a key market from a passenger perspective ... but the freight market is significant as well" said Alison Webster, the head of Qantas Freight.

Cathay Pacific launched a weekly freight service last month sending beef, mangos and other agricultural products out of Toowoomba's recently completed Wellcamp Airport to Hong Kong.

I would guess that they would use their 767, or one of the leased 744Fs to operate this, as a 733 would have to make several stops along the way. BTW, Ningbo is near Shanghai.
AS350, B733/4/7/8, B744/8, B762/3, B77E/L/W, B789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A346, A380, AT73/5/6, Q300, Q400, CR2/7, E190, S340, B1900C/D, E110 (E for epic)
NZ, EK, QF, SQ, UA, US, CO, FZ, FR, U2, BA, VA, VS, MH, EI, EY, LH, EN, NM, TG, GZ

DeltaB717

Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:46 am

QF Freight upcoming operation ex HBA confirmed by QF press release. To be ops by B767F.

http://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media- ... -to-china/

Belly freight on pax services will support this operation from the sounds of things.

qf002

Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:23 am

georgiabill wrote:
Does anyone think QF might fly the 787-10 for hih density routes in Asia?

I could see QF using the 787-10 in a more premium role, ie similar Y capacity to the A333s and future two-class 789s but with a much larger J cabin and a few rows of W.

Maybe 6-8 frames to cover HND, HKG, some SIN, maybe PVG or PER-DXB and possibly even BNE-LAX if (and that is a big if) )the -10 ends up having that sort of range.

qf2220

Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:09 am

DeltaB717 wrote:
QF Freight upcoming operation ex HBA confirmed by QF press release. To be ops by B767F.

Belly freight on pax services will support this operation from the sounds of things.

The 767 is a freighter - there won't be pax on these services.

allrite

Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:21 am

qf2220 wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:

If you read VapourTrails' post you will see that it is belly freight no matter which aircraft transports it. :)
I like artificial banana essence!

777LRF

Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:44 am

Does anyone know why today's EY463 MEL-AUH is currently going straight to Sydney after its departure from MEL?

Bluebird191

Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:46 am

777LRF wrote:
Does anyone know why today's EY463 MEL-AUH is currently going straight to Sydney after its departure from MEL?

As per a few posts back, there is an aviation fuel shortage at Tullamarine today.

An767

Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:54 am

Bluebird191 wrote:
777LRF wrote:

As per a few posts back, there is an aviation fuel shortage at Tullamarine today.

Wonder how this will effect the late nights for QF EK EY , or will Melb have enough to get them away ?
AN767

777LRF

Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:05 am

Oh sorry guys! I was extremely curious/anxious about seeing all these flights head to SYD I skim read the last few posts too quickly. If 2 million litres is accurate, it sounds like there may be problems later tonight :O

VapourTrails

Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:10 am

777LRF wrote:
Oh sorry guys! I was extremely curious/anxious about seeing all these flights head to SYD I skim read the last few posts too quickly. If 2 million litres is accurate, it sounds like there may be problems later tonight.

Yeah, it's getting quite crowded in the highway in the sky around above Goulburn right about now. :whistleblower:

I hope this fuel situation does not happen again any time soon, as in the next few weeks with the peak travel season coming up. :talktothehand:

Thai77w

Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:22 am

A while back an unnamed airline filed for slots PVG-BNE-HBA-BNE-PVG ops by a 777 supposedly to start a few months ago. They come and go and nothing happened. I wonder if this announcement is aligned with that. the 767F would have to make a tech stop either way....
Aircraft types I've been on: PA31,Q300,AT75,AT76,717,733,738,739ER,763,772,77E,773,77W,788,789,744,319,320,332,333,346,359,380

SYDSpotter

Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:33 am

VapourTrails wrote:

Wow, flying 50,000 litres of milk 8500km...

That's gonna be some pretty expensive milk by the time it hits the supermarket shelves.
319_320_321_332_333_359_388 / 734_737_738_743_744_762_763_772_773_77W_788_789

kriskim

Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:53 am

SYDSpotter wrote:
Wow, flying 50,000 litres of milk 8500km...

That's gonna be some pretty expensive milk by the time it hits the supermarket shelves.

Well they do charge upwards of $8 per litre !
A world built upon connectivity.

luftaom

Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:20 am

Landline did a great piece on the dairy a few weeks ago. It may still be on iview.
airliners.net's passenger - simultaneously connecting and flying direct.

qf2220

Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:01 am

allrite wrote:
qf2220 wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:

If you read VapourTrails' post you will see that it is belly freight no matter which aircraft transports it. :)

Haha, true, but im still wondering where the pax will be given both decks of the belly will be stacked with containers!!!

QF29

Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:07 am

An767 wrote:
Bluebird191 wrote:
777LRF wrote:

Wonder how this will effect the late nights for QF EK EY , or will Melb have enough to get them away ?
AN767

EK will be going via perth tonight
A318/19/20/21, 330-2/3, 345, 380, B717 B737-4/6/7/8/9 B763 B743/4 B777-2/3 B787-8/9, Q-400 C172S, PA-28, Super Decathlon

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Looks like QR is also going to PER, just departed MEL and climbed straight to FL340 which it wouldn't do if going straight to DOH
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:50 pm

Also looks like both CA166 MEL-PEK and MU740 MEL-PVG are going to BNE for fuel
Forum Moderator

CXfirst

Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:47 pm

VA697 is having a very abnormally northern route tonight. Almost overhead ZNE.

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/ ... /YMML/YPPH

It's not just a flightaware error, same track can be seen on FR24.

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:32 pm

EK407 has landed in PER, QR905 is on finals and EY462 AUH-MEL has just just diverted as well
Forum Moderator

Razza74

Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:40 pm

All fun and games at PER tonight with QTR905 performing a missed approach and strangely ETD461 MEL-AUH is not stopping in PER

Razza74
Ahh the joy of living under a flightpath

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:59 pm

Razza74 wrote:
All fun and games at PER tonight with QTR905 performing a missed approach and strangely ETD461 MEL-AUH is not stopping in PER

Razza74

Maybe because there would be no room for it, it's a zoo here at the moment and I don't mean the decals in the EK A380, currently all 6 gates are occupied with another 5 aircraft parked on the international apron plus a SQA330 waiting for a gate and both Malindo and QF from SIN about to land
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:38 pm

EY462 about to depart PER, was only at the gate for about an hour so would say if was a medical
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:02 pm

After spending the past few hours at Perth Airport tonight it does make QF's case for a same terminal (int/dom) more credible. Not only were there the 3 diversions which landed around 10 minutes of each other but there was also a JQ flight landing an hour late and also throw in the SA flight that departed nearly a hour and a half late and is was a complete mess. All 3 flights (SQ.OD&QF) that landed around midnight ended up having to wait for a gate and though both SQ & OD only had to wait about 10 minutes it was a completely different story for the QF flight. It touched down from SIN at 17 minutes past midnight and did not actually pull up to a gate until 1am, yes that's right they had to sit on the taxiway for 43 minutes. Over the next year its only going to get worse, we have VA starting PER-AUH plus PER airport wants QF to operate from T1 for a possible PER-LHR which would most likely depart in the late evening and the question needs to be asked where are these planes going to go. Since the new international satellite terminal wont see any passengers until 2020 at the very earliest I think it would be good to see all of QF/JQ international ops go over to T3/T4 as this would at least reduce the congestion at T1 for now.
Forum Moderator

Boof

Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:54 pm

qf789 wrote:
EY462 about to depart PER, was only at the gate for about an hour so would say if was a medical

I'd be interested if this was medical, or if this was a top up of fuel to tanker to Melbourne?
Bring back Virgin Blue!

wj888

Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:49 am

Just saw D7215 coming into ADL. Departed MEL for KUL only an hour ago. On ground and taxiing to terminal now.

LamboAston

Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:51 am

wj888 wrote:
Just saw D7215 coming into ADL. Departed MEL for KUL only an hour ago. On ground and taxiing to terminal now.

Another fuel diversion.
AS350, B733/4/7/8, B744/8, B762/3, B77E/L/W, B789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A346, A380, AT73/5/6, Q300, Q400, CR2/7, E190, S340, B1900C/D, E110 (E for epic)
NZ, EK, QF, SQ, UA, US, CO, FZ, FR, U2, BA, VA, VS, MH, EI, EY, LH, EN, NM, TG, GZ

wj888

Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:58 am

Also NZ792 from ADL-AKL was a 772 today, ZK-OKF

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos