777LRF

Re: Australian Aviation Thread Part 147

Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:52 am

Appears that more long haul flights are getting the fuel they need now. Judging by QF to HKG, UA to LAX, and several SIN bound flights. Perhaps it'll be all over soon?

CXfirst

Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:33 am

Boof wrote:

I'd be interested if this was medical, or if this was a top up of fuel to tanker to Melbourne?

Well, it definitely left AUH with a flight plan to MEL, so it wasn't planned as such. However, if they diverted mid-flight due to their operations reconsidering fueling needs, I wouldn't know.

qf789 wrote:
After spending the past few hours at Perth Airport tonight it does make QF's case for a same terminal (int/dom) more credible.

I'd consider that a very weak argument. Last night was a one-off with multiple diversions. Although there isn't much room at T1 as of now, it hasn't really been a problem.

-CXfirst

qf2220

Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:54 am

Jetgo announces WGA-BNE

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story ... os/?cs=148

MWF flights (3pw), arr WGA 1120, deep 1440. 1hr 40 flight time.

log0008

Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:45 am

CXfirst wrote:
Boof wrote:

I'd be interested if this was medical, or if this was a top up of fuel to tanker to Melbourne?

Well, it definitely left AUH with a flight plan to MEL, so it wasn't planned as such. However, if they diverted mid-flight due to their operations reconsidering fueling needs, I wouldn't know.

qf789 wrote:
After spending the past few hours at Perth Airport tonight it does make QF's case for a same terminal (int/dom) more credible.

I'd consider that a very weak argument. Last night was a one-off with multiple diversions. Although there isn't much room at T1 as of now, it hasn't really been a problem.

-CXfirst

I can confirm it was to top up with fuel - so it could operate PER-MEL-PER without taking on much in Melbourne

ZuluAlpha

Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:54 pm

Will the airlines be able / or able to claim compensation from whoever is responsible for this fuel supply issue at MEL ?
Flown on:_CRJ, CR7 D10 DHT DH8, DH2, DH3, DH4, EMB, E45, E75, E90, F28 J32 M80 SH6 320, 32B, 332, 333, 380, 717, 732, 733, 734, 73H, 743, 744, 752 762, 763, 772, 77W

LionelHutz

Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:37 pm

ZuluAlpha wrote:
Will the airlines be able / or able to claim compensation from whoever is responsible for this fuel supply issue at MEL ?

My question as well.
Also, is this a case of bad luck on the part of the airport, or is this poor management and they should they have better fuel reserves?

Gemuser

Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:04 pm

LionelHutz wrote:
ZuluAlpha wrote:

My question as well.
Also, is this a case of bad luck on the part of the airport, or is this poor management and they should they have better fuel reserves?

Unless things have changed dramatically in the last 10 years, this has nothing to do with the airport. They don't sell fuel to airlines, oil companies do and these companies own most of the infrastructure to deliver the fuel to the aircraft. If there is any question of compensation it will arise out of the commercial contracts between the oil companies and their clients, which does not include the airport [for jet fuel, anyway].

Gemuser

DeltaB717

Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:18 pm

qf2220 wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:
QF Freight upcoming operation ex HBA confirmed by QF press release. To be ops by B767F.

http://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media- ... -to-china/

Belly freight on pax services will support this operation from the sounds of things.

The 767 is a freighter - there won't be pax on these services.

I know the 767 is a freighter - if you read the press release, it says that freight capacity on existing pax services will be used to supplement the dedicated freighter operation, hence "belly freight on pax services will support this operation..."

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:17 am

SQ217/218 to go year round A380 service

http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-airli ... -melbourne
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:21 am

Business leaders weigh in on why PER-LHR needs to happen

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/ ... obs/#page1
Forum Moderator

KruegerFlaps

Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:25 am

qf789 wrote:
Business leaders weigh in on why PER-LHR needs to happen

I am not quite sure what those business leaders expect the State Government to do beyond "having a chat" with the airport board and CEO. The CEO has stated that it has offered financial inducements to Qantas to encourage them to operate the 787 out of the International Terminal but these have been rejected by Qantas. What inducements they were wasn't made clear.

But it seems that not just the airport but border protection would need to agree. Would the latter be willing to split its limited staff over the two terminals? If additional staff and equipment is needed, would the airport be expected to pay or would Qantas?

In other news, it won't be too long before the Great Eastern Highway / Brearley Avenue intersection is closed and the main access to the T3/4 from Great Eastern High will shift to Fauntleroy and Coolgardie Avenues. Road users from other areas heading to T3/4 will be redirected via the new Tonkin Highway - Dunreath Drive interchange.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt Speech, 1783

LionelHutz

Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:40 am

Gemuser wrote:
LionelHutz wrote:
ZuluAlpha wrote:

My question as well.

Unless things have changed dramatically in the last 10 years, this has nothing to do with the airport. They don't sell fuel to airlines, oil companies do and these companies own most of the infrastructure to deliver the fuel to the aircraft. If there is any question of compensation it will arise out of the commercial contracts between the oil companies and their clients, which does not include the airport [for jet fuel, anyway].

Gemuser

Makes sense.
So one provider received a batch of bad fuel, has had to ration supply until a new delivery, and no other provider is able to step up with extra supply?
I know getting a batch of bad fuel is not a common occurrence and storing excess fuel is dead money, but I didn't realise there was so little redundancy.

log0008

Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:50 am

One of Jetstars new A321's (VH-VWQ) is about to touch down in Melbourne as JQ8992

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:52 pm

QR to launch CBR in 2017/2018 making it the 5th destination in Australia

http://www.qatarairways.com/qa/en/press ... 0000001105
Forum Moderator

waoz1

Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:15 pm

WA treasurer tonight claimed Perth Airport and Qantas have come to an agreement and flights will go ahead.

Link was on nine news Perth Facebook
Sorry couldn't get the link :/

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:36 pm

waoz1 wrote:
WA treasurer tonight claimed Perth Airport and Qantas have come to an agreement and flights will go ahead.

Link was on nine news Perth Facebook
Sorry couldn't get the link :/

Nahan said he's confident the matter will be resolved and flights will go ahead, though no agreement has been made yet

https://www.facebook.com/9NewsPerth/vid ... 987825357/
Forum Moderator

mariner

Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:04 pm

Qatar Airlines to Canberra:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-new ... szilh.html

"Qatar Airlines announces flights to Canberra with its list of new 2017/18 destinations"

There isn't a start date or frequency yet.

mariner
aeternum nauta

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:01 pm

Another day, another PER-LHR article

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/ ... ute/#page1
Forum Moderator

qf2220

Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:25 pm

DeltaB717 wrote:
qf2220 wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:
QF Freight upcoming operation ex HBA confirmed by QF press release. To be ops by B767F.

http://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media- ... -to-china/

Belly freight on pax services will support this operation from the sounds of things.

I know the 767 is a freighter - if you read the press release, it says that freight capacity on existing pax services will be used to supplement the dedicated freighter operation, hence "belly freight on pax services will support this operation..."

Sorry to nitpick, but where? I dont see it in that release.

smi0006

Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:57 pm

log0008 wrote:
One of Jetstars new A321's (VH-VWQ) is about to touch down in Melbourne as JQ8992

I didn't know they even had any on order before the NEOs arrived. Any changes from their current ones? I always seem to be on a 321 between SYD and MEL these days. Comfortable ride.

Exciting around QR and CBR, not a surprise I'm sure CBR team were pushing this hard and will keep pushing for more routes. Next up hopefully AKL on NZ would give great connections to US, Canada, SA, and PI.

VapourTrails

Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:17 am

qf2220 wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:
qf2220 wrote:

Sorry to nitpick, but where? I dont see it in that release.

It's in the last para.. "As well as dedicated freighters serving Greater China, Qantas freight also offers capacity in the belly of Qantas’ 42 return flights per week including the new Sydney Beijing service that begins in January 2017."

smi0006 wrote:
Exciting around QR and CBR, not a surprise I'm sure CBR team were pushing this hard and will keep pushing for more routes.

I am not suprised either, but seeing is believing. :eyebrow: :profile:
A.net member: 2001-2004, 2014-

KruegerFlaps

Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:09 am

qf789 wrote:
Another day, another PER-LHR article

In the previous thread (at post #233) I raised whether the obstacle was over the airline's willingness to use their own money:

KruegerFlaps wrote:
It may well be that the owners would happily build extra facilities if Qantas wanted to stump up the cash. Yet as we have seen over the continuing third runway saga, airlines were adamant that it was needed but unwilling to risk their own money to ensure that it was built ...

It appears that was a valid question given Perth Airport's claim Qantas had refused to pay a cent towards the cost of upgrades that would be needed to accommodate Boeing 787 flights at the domestic terminal.

I also questioned:

KruegerFlaps wrote:
The other issue is whether Border Force (Immigration, Customs, Quarantine) would wish to split their operations over two terminals just for one flight. Given that the Department has been trying to reduce the size of the workforce, perhaps they wouldn't.

A question that I raised once more, yesterday:

KruegerFlaps wrote:
But it seems that not just the airport but border protection would need to agree. Would the latter be willing to split its limited staff over the two terminals? If additional staff and equipment is needed, would the airport be expected to pay or would Qantas?

Depending on who one chooses to believe, it seems as if the article supports my doubts about Qantas's plans. Don't get me wrong: I 'd like to see the flights eventuate but I can understand the airport's caution given that at one stage Qantas was willing to drop all international flights out of Perth. We at least have the Perth - Singapore route again, but if for whatsoever reason the 787 flights provide uneconomic, the airport would not want to be left with a white elephant.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt Speech, 1783

waoz1

Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:14 am

I think your right KruegerFlaps

I also wonder if Perth Airport its wondering if they let Qantas do this
1. Will they be left with a big bill if Qantas pull the flights
and 2. If Qantas does flight out of the domestic does this push out the terminal consolidation on other side of the airport.

log0008

Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:29 am

Lion Air Group, via its official Facebook and Twitter accounts, confirmed (28-Nov-2016) Batik Air received an air operator's certificate in Australia. Lion Air Group CEO Rusdi Kirana said Batik Air plans to commence Bali-Perth service, "before establishing a new carrier in Australia", as reported by the Jakarta Globe.

http://centreforaviation.com/news/batik ... lia-620192

KruegerFlaps

Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:31 am

waoz1 wrote:
2. If Qantas does flight out of the domestic does this push out the terminal consolidation on other side of the airport.

It could do but whether it will is another question. Being required to bear all the risk of improvements to T3/ T4 would reduce the available funds for construction on the eastern side of the field. Whether the airport could still raise additional financing at reasonable cost is open to speculation.

Of course, If Qantas do end up with an arrangement that they like, they could well see even less reason to commit to a move. As far as I understand, Qantas owns Terminal 4 Domestic while the airport owns Terminal 1 (T1) International, T1 Domestic, T2 Domestic and T3 Domestic. The airport could feasibly refuse to extend any lease on T3 but short of compulsory acquisition of T4 there is no way of forcing Qantas to move out.

waoz1

Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:52 am

log0008 wrote:
Lion Air Group, via its official Facebook and Twitter accounts, confirmed (28-Nov-2016) Batik Air received an air operator's certificate in Australia. Lion Air Group CEO Rusdi Kirana said Batik Air plans to commence Bali-Perth service, "before establishing a new carrier in Australia", as reported by the Jakarta Globe.

http://centreforaviation.com/news/batik ... lia-620192

Just what Perth airport needs another service to Bali :/

qf2220

Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:06 am

VapourTrails wrote:
It's in the last para.. "As well as dedicated freighters serving Greater China, Qantas freight also offers capacity in the belly of Qantas’ 42 return flights per week including the new Sydney Beijing service that begins in January 2017."

I interpret that as being a generic description of the QF Freight services up to China, not a statement that these aircraft will be used for the milk/blinds service from Hobart....

allrite

Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:37 am

Several people injured by turbulence flying into Sydney

China Eastern flight, met by emergency services but no serious injuries reported. Unloaded at hanger 32 if I understand correctly.

Anyone have more information about what point of the flight the turbulence occurred and probable causes? Would really appreciate knowing. Cloudy at Sydney but doesn't look too bad.
I like artificial banana essence!

jupiter2

Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:44 am

qf2220 wrote:
VapourTrails wrote:

I interpret that as being a generic description of the QF Freight services up to China, not a statement that these aircraft will be used for the milk/blinds service from Hobart....

I took it that, besides the capacity of the 763, there would be additional capacity available via the current network, at least to a point where an extra freighter service could be justified. Also, the blinds will be from China to Australia, not ex Hobart. It would be nice to see this being successful, hopefully any extra capacity can be taken up by local producers in Tassie.

DeltaB717

Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:50 am

jupiter2 wrote:
qf2220 wrote:
VapourTrails wrote:

I took it that, besides the capacity of the 763, there would be additional capacity available via the current network, at least to a point where an extra freighter service could be justified. Also, the blinds will be from China to Australia, not ex Hobart. It would be nice to see this being successful, hopefully any extra capacity can be taken up by local producers in Tassie.

That's how I read it as well, although I do see qf2220's view as well - I read (rightly or wrongly) between the lines that they would utilise the existing freight capacity of pax services before increasing the frequency of the dedicated freighter service (seems sensible given there is only one B767F in the fleet at the moment).

qf2220

Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:52 am

@jupiter2, @Delta717, i guess we have to see when it runs. Could be both. Though a direct freighter is definitely on the cards per the article, with the return likely returning to BNE/SYD/MEL or wherever the Krestia blinds distribution centre is. Then it is a positioning flight back to HBA.

Is this 767 still doing the overnight freight runs to NZ?

TN486

Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:59 am

Another reason why QF is the airline of choice.
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/1 ... -on-flight
remember the t shirt "I own an airline"on the front - "qantas" on the back

LamboAston

Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:09 am

qf2220 wrote:
@jupiter2, @Delta717, i guess we have to see when it runs. Could be both. Though a direct freighter is definitely on the cards per the article, with the return likely returning to BNE/SYD/MEL or wherever the Krestia blinds distribution centre is. Then it is a positioning flight back to HBA.

It was a few days ago, when I last tracked it.
AS350, B733/4/7/8, B744/8, B762/3, B77E/L/W, B789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A346, A380, AT73/5/6, Q300, Q400, CR2/7, E190, S340, B1900C/D, E110 (E for epic)
NZ, EK, QF, SQ, UA, US, CO, FZ, FR, U2, BA, VA, VS, MH, EI, EY, LH, EN, NM, TG, GZ

ZK-NBT

Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:13 am

qf2220 wrote:

Yep SYD-AKL-CHC-SYD 5? Nights a week and a SYD-AKL-CNS-HKG-SYD weekly.

mariner

Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:41 pm

qf2220 wrote:

I'm with you, I read it that way, too.

From Australian Aviation:

http://australianaviation.com.au/2016/1 ... r-service/

"Hobart gets international (freighter) service

However, before people start heading to the nearest travel agent to book tickets, it is cargo rather than passenger demand that has led to a proposed once weekly service out of Tasmania.

Qantas plans to operate a Boeing 767-300 freighter from Hobart to Ningbo, China to transport some 50,000 litres of fresh milk a week, with flights due to commence some time in the first half of calendar 2017."

It says "freighter" service.

mariner
aeternum nauta

DeltaB717

Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:59 pm

mariner wrote:
qf2220 wrote:

However, before people start heading to the nearest travel agent to book tickets, it is cargo rather than passenger demand that has led to a proposed once weekly service out of Tasmania.

Qantas plans to operate a Boeing 767-300 freighter from Hobart to Ningbo, China to transport some 50,000 litres of fresh milk a week, with flights due to commence some time in the first half of calendar 2017."

mariner

I did say "before increasing the frequency of the dedicated freighter service", i.e. fill up the dedicated once-a-week freighter, then use pax services to provide additional capacity until the amount of milk being flown out of HBA justifies a second weekly dedicated freighter.

The 767F will apparently continue operating its overnight SYD-NZ services and the regular HKG service, with the HBA milk run slotting in somewhere into the aircraft's existing downtime.

jupiter2

Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:48 pm

DeltaB717 wrote:
mariner wrote:
qf2220 wrote:

mariner

I did say "before increasing the frequency of the dedicated freighter service", i.e. fill up the dedicated once-a-week freighter, then use pax services to provide additional capacity until the amount of milk being flown out of HBA justifies a second weekly dedicated freighter.

The 767F will apparently continue operating its overnight SYD-NZ services and the regular HKG service, with the HBA milk run slotting in somewhere into the aircraft's existing downtime.

The only existing down time to slot it in would be Fridays, after the 763 freighter gets back to SYD from AKL/CHC. It's next flight isn't due till Saturday night when it heads to AKL again.

IndianicWorld

Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:52 pm

It is good to see that Tasmania is getting this service.

Certainly is a market that may appear to be smaller but does have some potential opportunities for trade and passenger services in the future.

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:18 am

WA premier had spoken to Perth airport and QF on Monday regarding discussions in PER-LHR

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/ ... ight-feud/
Forum Moderator

waoz1

Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:59 am

qf789 wrote:
WA premier had spoken to Perth airport and QF on Monday regarding discussions in PER-LHR

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/ ... ight-feud/

We getting any closer to an announcement either way?
Seems promising tho

qf2048

Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:44 am

qf789 wrote:
QR to launch CBR in 2017/2018 making it the 5th destination in Australia

http://www.qatarairways.com/qa/en/press ... 0000001105

I think this is great news. Have previously mentioned as a "dream".
I live exactly 3.5 hours drive from CBR and 3.5 hours drive from SYD (at the right time of day with the traffic).
I would drive to Canberra over Sydney any day. Much more easy drive.

Canberra Airport need to introduce some long term parking prices to make it more attractive for people travelling there from regional centres.
If the cost of the flight was exactly the same from CBR or SYD but the parking was dearer Canberra could loss out on the parking price.

I parked at SYD International for nearly 4 weeks last year for $199. You could stay for up to a month at that price. Don't think they have that good deal running this year now though.
ZL,QF,KE,BA,AS,CX,FR,U2,W6,EI,IB,JL,AY,LH,AA,AC,FQ,DJ,JQ,LA,FJ,QS,NZ,NF,SB,PG,EK,AB,VA,MH

waoz1

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:45 am

WA Government has offered to stump up the cost of new customs/immigration at T3/T4 to help Qantas and the Airport

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/ ... row/#page1

KruegerFlaps

Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:22 am

waoz1 wrote:
WA Government has offered to stump up the cost of new customs/immigration at T3/T4 to help Qantas and the Airport

Barnett's talk of providing some money is conditional, not a guarantee. Nor has he actually quoted a figure. It appears that he is prepared to discuss with the Commonwealth an arrangement in which the WA taxpayer contribute to the Commonwealth's costs. This is a bold move, given that Barnett has been vociferous over WA's falling share of GST revenues.

He is quoted as saying: “So the State Government would be willing to discuss with the Commonwealth and we might be prepared to share some of the cost of that extra Commonwealth service."

Could, would, might, some .... Lots of ifs and buts there.

waoz1

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:08 am

Premier Colin Barnett yesterday revealed he had offered to help meet the cost of employing extra Australian Border Force agents at terminals three and four to broker a deal between Qantas and Perth Airport.

KruegerFlaps wrote:
He is quoted as saying: “So the State Government would be willing to discuss with the Commonwealth and we might be prepared to share some of the cost of that extra Commonwealth service."

He is only seeing if commonwealth will help out, doesn't mean the state won't put up the whole lot to get the deal done.

KruegerFlaps

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:39 am

waoz1 wrote:
He is only seeing if commonwealth will help out, doesn't mean the state won't put up the whole lot to get the deal done.

It is a far stretch from "we might be prepared to share some of the cost" to paying the total cost.

The other issue is how soon a decision can be made. The WA Parliament is in recess and will be prorogued in January or February before a State election on 11 March, 2017. This means that the Commonwealth would have to agree before the WA Parliament is prorogued and the Government enters into Caretaker mode. Convention dictates that the Government during the caretaker period can not commit to new spending that will be binding on an incoming government. While it is possible that opposition parties would support a state subsidy they might not be so willing without knowledge of the detail and in the absence of Parliamentary scrutiny.

But it does show that as I suspected, Qantas wants something without having to pay for it. And I thought Joe Hockey had said the age of entitlement is over.

waoz1

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:46 am

KruegerFlaps wrote:
waoz1 wrote:
The other issue is how soon a decision can be made? The WA Parliament is in recess and will be prorogued in January or February before a State election on 11 March, 2017. This means that the Commonwealth would have to agree before the WA Parliament is prorogued and the Government enters into Caretaker mode. Convention dictates that the Government can not commit to new spending that will be binding on an incoming government. While it is possible that opposition parties would support a state subsidy they might not be so willing without knowledge of the detail and in the absence of Parliamentary scrutiny.

Well you don't know what the numbers we are talking about to supply the services, it may very well be in the tourism ministers expenditure for that and would not necessarily need to go to parliament. Also I suspect any move to help would be supported by the opposition as neither would want to be labelled as kill it off.

smi0006

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:46 am

I'm interested when we will see some route announcements for the 789 for QF with PER-LHR an ongoing discussion with no conclusion in sight, and the AA/QF JV off the table (rumoured AA have shelved their MEL plans) does this in turn leave MEL-DFW in peril too. Will we see the 789 on current routes for the next 2yrs while QF reviews its ambitious plans.

KruegerFlaps

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:01 am

waoz1 wrote:
Well you don't know what the numbers we are talking about to supply the services,

As no-one appears willing to publicly confirm what they will be that is not surprising. As to the Tourism WA budget, I don't know how much they have left from their $268 million 2016-2017 allocation. I do know that in the past Tourism WA did pay for airlines to promote WA as a destination but that isn't quite the same as paying the Commonwealth to provide services to the airlines.

jrfspa320

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:21 am

Id love to see how this is going to be accommodated within the existing T3/T4 terminal.

waoz1

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:41 am

KruegerFlaps wrote:
As no-one appears willing to publicly confirm what they will be that is not surprising. As to the Tourism WA budget, I don't know how much they have left from their $268 million 2016-2017 allocation. I do know that in the past Tourism WA did pay for airlines to promote WA as a destination but that isn't quite the same as paying the Commonwealth to provide services to the airlines.

Don't forget he's only talking about providing payment for the extra employees may not be anymore than 1-2mill

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos