Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
TurnaroudUK
Topic Author
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 7:11 pm

QF 787-9 Question

Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:32 pm

Okay with QF launch the 787-9 with plans to fly direct from PER-LHR, my question is how is it going to be feesably possible. I get that some seat will be removed etc but I still dont believe that will be enought especially with differing winds on each leg. Does any one have any insight into this?
 
JeremyB
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:56 pm

Re: QF 787-9 Question

Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:16 pm

TurnaroudUK wrote:
Okay with QF launch the 787-9 with plans to fly direct from PER-LHR, my question is how is it going to be feesably possible. I get that some seat will be removed etc but I still dont believe that will be enought especially with differing winds on each leg. Does any one have any insight into this?


According to Qantas it is possible. According to gcmapper it's just over 7800nm, 390nm longer then United's SFO-SIN. On that flight United expects to block a maximum of 35 seats during the winter months while heading west. Don't think Qantas would have to block more seats then that so it should be possible, around 200 passengers on the flight to London and close to full capacity towards Perth?
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 7360
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: QF 787-9 Question

Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:29 pm

I know a lot of the pax will be travelling to Sydney and Melbourne, but is there actually demand for Australia-London nonstop outside of those 2 cities? Or is QANTAS just going for prestige?
When wasn't America great?


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
RacheyFlies
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: QF 787-9 Question

Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:32 am

I have seen the aircraft interior looks like for Business and Economy, but not yet for the Premium Economy. Interior looks like on the existing A330 to me.

I have understand that the 787-9 can possibly operate the LHR-PER route. In addition, QF has some other routes that the 787-9 features in.
The best plane I've flown is an A380. They were the biggest and the best than other plane I've been on. :lol:
 
DFW789ER
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:20 pm

Re: QF 787-9 Question

Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:58 am

TurnaroudUK wrote:
Okay with QF launch the 787-9 with plans to fly direct from PER-LHR, my question is how is it going to be feesably possible. I get that some seat will be removed etc but I still dont believe that will be enought especially with differing winds on each leg. Does any one have any insight into this?


Don't buy those tickets just yet.....

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-up ... c83784f678
 
alasizon
Posts: 2630
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: QF 787-9 Question

Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:03 am

RacheyFlies wrote:
I have seen the aircraft interior looks like for Business and Economy, but not yet for the Premium Economy. Interior looks like on the existing A330 to me.

I have understand that the 787-9 can possibly operate the LHR-PER route. In addition, QF has some other routes that the 787-9 features in.


The interior that has been released looks nothing like the A330 other than an almost identical business class seat. Obviously you can't see the PE product since it hasn't been released yet. Not to mention the 787 uses different seats in economy (they appear to feature bigger IFE and a redesigned back)

And yes, obviously QF has other routes besides LHR-PER, they don't just order a place for one single route. Then again, I think all you did here was restate that QF is an airline that operates with a brain...
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
RacheyFlies
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: QF 787-9 Question

Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:26 am

alasizon wrote:
RacheyFlies wrote:
I have seen the aircraft interior looks like for Business and Economy, but not yet for the Premium Economy. Interior looks like on the existing A330 to me.

I have understand that the 787-9 can possibly operate the LHR-PER route. In addition, QF has some other routes that the 787-9 features in.


The interior that has been released looks nothing like the A330 other than an almost identical business class seat. Obviously you can't see the PE product since it hasn't been released yet. Not to mention the 787 uses different seats in economy (they appear to feature bigger IFE and a redesigned back)

And yes, obviously QF has other routes besides LHR-PER, they don't just order a place for one single route. Then again, I think all you did here was restate that QF is an airline that operates with a brain...

Note: I bet the interior is different than the A330's.
The best plane I've flown is an A380. They were the biggest and the best than other plane I've been on. :lol:
 
JAAlbert
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:43 pm

Re: QF 787-9 Question

Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:47 am

When an airline, such as United or Qantas, blocks seats, what method do they use? Do they simply block the last 35 seats, or 35 middle seats? Or are they random throughout the aircraft?
 
User avatar
adamblang
Posts: 1266
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Re: QF 787-9 Question

Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:12 am

JAAlbert wrote:
When an airline, such as United or Qantas, blocks seats, what method do they use?

United blocks the sale of the tickets, not the selection of the seats.
 
benjjk
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:29 am

Re: QF 787-9 Question

Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:29 am

TWA772LR wrote:
I know a lot of the pax will be travelling to Sydney and Melbourne, but is there actually demand for Australia-London nonstop outside of those 2 cities? Or is QANTAS just going for prestige?


Don't count on that... You'd get some for sure but I think most passengers would rather do SYD/MEL-DXB-LHR rather than SYD/MEL-PER-LHR.

Perth does have a large British expat population who would probably like this. The WA government and Perth Airport seem to be keen to subsidise the crap out of the route, like CBR and SQ. So there's probably enough in its favour to get the route going if oil prices behave but I can't see it ever being a huge money-maker.
 
N809FR
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:10 am

Re: QF 787-9 Question

Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:37 am

RacheyFlies wrote:
I have seen the aircraft interior looks like for Business and Economy, but not yet for the Premium Economy. Interior looks like on the existing A330 to me.

I have understand that the 787-9 can possibly operate the LHR-PER route. In addition, QF has some other routes that the 787-9 features in.


Not trying to cause a big stir, but why are you using someone else's photo for your profile? It's easy to tell based on your English alone that you're not the Australian FA for Emirates. Probably best not to steal someone's username and a picture they posted from Instagram.
 
RacheyFlies
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: QF 787-9 Question

Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:11 am

Note: Qantas 787-9 Economy seat is previewed.
Source: http://www.ausbt.com.au/up-close-qantas ... onomy-seat
The best plane I've flown is an A380. They were the biggest and the best than other plane I've been on. :lol:
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1990
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: QF 787-9 Question

Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:08 am

With ~230 seats that's much less than the standard so there will be more range in play.
A350/CSeries = bae

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos