Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

RacheyFlies
Topic Author

Airbus will cut Jobs

Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:46 am

Hello, Just reading earlier that Airbus will be cutting up to 1000 jobs due to the company's restructuring. The company has loss below 60 euros.

It appears that from Mobile would not be cut I think.

Please continue discussion under.

Source: http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/1 ... _jobs.html
The best plane I've flown is an A380. They were the biggest and the best than other plane I've been on. :lol:

parapente

Re: Airbus will cut Jobs

Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:34 am

Well profit is the name of the game and Enders has made that crystal clear.It probably wont be the last round of streamlining either.Things can change fast in this industry but I am not aware of anything new being planned at Airbus.The 351 is effectively out the door as is the 321neo and indeed the 339.They may or may not bother with the 319neo or the 338 neo but either way the are dead simple straight shrinks.So not that much going on or planned.This is perhaps why the share price is where it is.Decent to V good backlog of orders and a lowered cost base.
The problem child (A380) only becomes a problem (again) when they slash production levels in 2018).

KarelXWB

Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:52 am

This is all related to the merger of Airbus Group with Airbus, the commercial plane unit. Due to this merger, lots of overhead will be removed. For example, they don't need 2 CEO's anymore. Hence jobs will be lost.

Tom Enders will become the new CEO of the new entity, while Fabrice Brégier will take a step aside.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

Bongodog1964

Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:53 am

I think we need to read the linked article before making too many assumptions:

The losses will come in the technology innovation area, including planning, technology demonstrators, and research and technology, claimed a French workers union.

This is part of a negotiation process and we are presently only seeing the union side.

Despite the announcement, European shares in the company closed at their highest point since the end of March this year, just below 60 euros ($63). In the U.S., Airbus stock closed at $15.74, representing its highest point since June.

You mentioned "the share price is below 60 euros" the full explanation in the article puts a better spin on the figure

Airbus declined to comment on the reported job losses, instead saying that it would be "holding talks with the industrial works councils, which will continue over the next few days."

A final figure of how many jobs will be lost is expected to be agreed by the end of the year between unions and Airbus management, the company said.

In addition to tech jobs, it's expected that as many as 100 communications jobs will be lost from the 350-strong pool, according to the reports from France. Other jobs to go are 75 out of a total 243 in international strategy and public affairs, which will save around $38 million.

Around 120 jobs in cyber and computer security will be shed, while 75 jobs are due to go in the 370-strong legal and compliance office, cutting costs by around $15 million, the report said.

If the report is to be believed that's 370 job losses from positions that will have very little effect on either manufacturing or product development.

With no new airliners on the immediate horizon, the need for the skills mentioned above is likely to be much reduced.

The job losses have to be taken in context of Airbus's staff count in excess of 70,000. Large organisations have a tendency to accumulate staff, and periodically whittle the numbers back a bit as needs alter.

KarelXWB

Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:00 am

Bongodog1964 wrote:

What assumptions?

Airbus Group to merge with planemaking unit
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

Bongodog1964

Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:46 am

KarelXWB wrote:
Bongodog1964 wrote:

What assumptions?

Airbus Group to merge with planemaking unit

The starter of this thread linked an article that suggested 1000 job losses (a union figure) and suggested that as the share price was below 60 euros, it had recently fallen, when the reverse is true.

The article you linked to makes none of these assumptions at all.

Polot

Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:28 pm

parapente wrote:
Well profit is the name of the game and Enders has made that crystal clear.It probably wont be the last round of streamlining either.Things can change fast in this industry but I am not aware of anything new being planned at Airbus.The 351 is effectively out the door as is the 321neo and indeed the 339.They may or may not bother with the 319neo or the 338 neo but either way the are dead simple straight shrinks.So not that much going on or planned.This is perhaps why the share price is where it is.Decent to V good backlog of orders and a lowered cost base.
The problem child (A380) only becomes a problem (again) when they slash production levels in 2018).

The A380 isn't the main problem child. That is the A400M (looking at the Airbus group as a whole).

9w748capt

Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:09 pm

RacheyFlies wrote:
Hello, Just reading earlier that Airbus will be cutting up to 1000 jobs due to the company's restructuring. The company has loss below 60 euros.

It appears that from Mobile would not be cut I think.

Please continue discussion under.

Source: http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/1 ... _jobs.html

Just curious - what does your religion have to do with anything?

WIederling

Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:41 pm

9w748capt wrote:
RacheyFlies wrote:
Hello, ....

Just curious - what does your religion have to do with anything?

That my dear is a signature ( which in general tends to not be directly linked to _any_ topic.)
Murphy is an optimist

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos