Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
newibnbattuta
Topic Author
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:10 am

Possible Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:29 am

Happy Thanksgiving and/or Holidays!
I’ve been just a "reader" for quite some time and I was looking for a possible concept or an idea of Delta’s A350-900 seat map; it’s supposed to be delivered around the summer of 2017 then taking its first revenue flight as early as fall 2017. So, I went ahead and created one.
Image
This is a rumored seat map for Delta Airbus A350-900 based on public information posted on Delta Facebook and Delta official website. I designed this seating map using the A330-300 which is available in delta.com website. AGAIN, this is not an official seat map nor a leaked information of any kind. THIS PURELY a copy and paste concept!!! 48 Delta Premium seats, as well as 32 Delta One suites and 226 Main Cabin seats.
From the new sky clubs, new uniforms, I think it’s safe to assume delta will be following Virgin Atlantic steps and introduce the bar in their A350s; as you may have noticed I added the Bar all the way to the front.
Thoughts?!
Last edited by qf789 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated title to reflect its a possible and not actual seat map
 
newibnbattuta
Topic Author
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:10 am

Re: Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:42 am

I'm sorry about the picture not showing earlier. It's now fixed!
 
RacheyFlies
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:50 am

That could be the main seat map, but I bet the A350 was among the first plane that has Delta Premium and Delta Suite, the next one is confirmed as the Boeing 777.
The best plane I've flown is an A380. They were the biggest and the best than other plane I've been on. :lol:
 
mat66
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:12 am

Re: Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:16 am

Nice concept. You got the 136 Y between door 3 and 4 right, which is pretty much standard on the A359. But with 9 rows Y in front of door 3 you're missing 9 seats for 226 total. I'm sure there is room for 1 more row. In business most airlines have 8 rows of 4 in the first cabin.
 
User avatar
MoKa777
Posts: 1093
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:47 am

Re: Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:31 am

newibnbattuta wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving and/or Holidays!
I’ve been just a "reader" for quite some time and I was looking for a possible concept or an idea of Delta’s A350-900 seat map; it’s supposed to be delivered around the summer of 2017 then taking its first revenue flight as early as fall 2017. So, I went ahead and created one.
Image
This is a rumored seat map for Delta Airbus A350-900 based on public information posted on Delta Facebook and Delta official website. I designed this seating map using the A330-300 which is available in delta.com website. AGAIN, this is not an official seat map nor a leaked information of any kind. THIS PURELY a copy and paste concept!!! 48 Delta Premium seats, as well as 32 Delta One suites and 226 Main Cabin seats.
From the new sky clubs, new uniforms, I think it’s safe to assume delta will be following Virgin Atlantic steps and introduce the bar in their A350s; as you may have noticed I added the Bar all the way to the front.
Thoughts?!


Nifty! Good job!

I love playing around with LOPA's.

Interesting username too...
Never be proud. Always be grateful.
 
smi0006
Posts: 2581
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:58 am

Well done! Looks great :)

Not sure if it's the scaling, or the reality looks like a large amount of area dedicated to business. If so impressive product from a space investment perspective. I would say- and maybe wrong, is that enough Galley space for a long haul flight with 2 potentially 3 meal services? I don't know the size of the 350 rear galley but thought they may new additiaobl stowarages, taking up seats at door three.
 
rbavfan
Posts: 3633
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:53 am

Re: Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:12 am

Change the 100% misleading title. This is NOT a Delta seat map. Its's a seat map based on your idea of what they may do. As such it's an incorrect misleading title to get people to click on it.
 
vsflyer747400
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:34 pm

Re: Possible Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:46 am

It's a nice concept, but for me there is 1 flaw - the positioning of the bar. If I were sat in row 1 and had the bar in front of me that would make that row totally unappealing. VS have their bars at the back of the cabin, so where your row perceived row 9 is, and I don't think the idea of a bar would fly at DL. Anything that takes up potential seat space and the subsequent revenue that goes with it, for me is a non starter at DL.
Flown (in no order) VS BA AA EK CX MH DL EI BD KL HV NW RC LH AF DA TG QF US FR LX AC SK AZ PG SQ UA PA ZB AE(AIR EUROPE) KD
 
User avatar
MoKa777
Posts: 1093
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:47 am

Re: Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:56 am

smi0006 wrote:
Well done! Looks great :)

Not sure if it's the scaling, or the reality looks like a large amount of area dedicated to business. If so impressive product from a space investment perspective. I would say- and maybe wrong, is that enough Galley space for a long haul flight with 2 potentially 3 meal services? I don't know the size of the 350 rear galley but thought they may new additiaobl stowarages, taking up seats at door three.


If I am not mistaken, Delta One suites are in a staggered layout with privacy doors. I could be wrong, so don't quote me, haha.
Never be proud. Always be grateful.
 
nwa757300
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2001 12:18 am

Re: Possible Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:11 pm

Add one more row of economy seats before the lavs at door 3. There will be 10 rows between Premium and the lavs. There are no closets by the aft galley. The aft galley is more open similar to the 767. There is also another galley unit behind the flight deck instead of a closet and no bar. 32 Delta One, 48 Premium, 226 Main.
 
davescj
Posts: 1287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:46 am

Re: Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:37 pm

RacheyFlies wrote:
That could be the main seat map, but I bet the A350 was among the first plane that has Delta Premium and Delta Suite, the next one is confirmed as the Boeing 777.


I was thinking the same thing. It has been announced that the 747 is going to be retired (I do hate to see them go). I also suspect that the 767 is on the way out. I will be interested to see what the "Suite" will actually look like. I do wonder if they'll put the suites into a cabin and mini-cabin (based on where the door is). Obviously - that could change -.

The one other thing I wonder - if the'd put Delta Premium in the front, in order to have the Suites together in a larger cabin (I"m thinking of what BA has done on one version of the 747).

Dave
Can I have a mojito on this flight?
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19293
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Possible Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:25 pm

I'll point out that there's no cabin taper at the back-end of the A350. The passenger cabin is the same width for the full length of the plane. The taper only starts once beyond the last seat row (unlike the A300/A330/A340).
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
ehaase
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:06 am

Re: Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:35 pm

davescj wrote:
I also suspect that the 767 is on the way out.

I would think Delta will still have 767-400ER's and even some of the later 767-300ER's 10 years from now.

I wonder if the Asian routes currently using 767-300ER's and 330-200's will move to the 350-900 or if Delta will still take the 787-8's and use those on the Asian routes that can't justify a 350-900.
 
davescj
Posts: 1287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:46 am

Re: Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:50 pm

ehaase wrote:

I would think Delta will still have 767-400ER's and even some of the later 767-300ER's 10 years from now.

I wonder if the Asian routes currently using 767-300ER's and 330-200's will move to the 350-900 or if Delta will still take the 787-8's and use those on the Asian routes that can't justify a 350-900.[/quote]

If DL keeps the 767s and gains the 350s/787s, would they expand in Europe or the Pacific? DL would seem unable to expand much currently as their have their planes all in use .

Dave
Can I have a mojito on this flight?
 
User avatar
Rajahdhani
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Re: Possible Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:22 pm

Hell, this is so well done - and on an A333, no doubt - that this should be the standard for the A339s on order! This isn't a bad set-up for the A333s now, but I question as to whether an A333 should be used in this way.

I guess the question comes down to what role the A339 (and/or the A333 in future) will play in the fleet.
 
EddieDude
Posts: 7048
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:19 am

Re: Possible Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:56 pm

Rajahdhani wrote:
I guess the question comes down to what role the A339 (and/or the A333 in future) will play in the fleet.

The DL press release that was published when the order was placed specifies that the A339s would be mostly used for trans-Atlantic flying.
Upcoming flights:
April/May: AM MEX-SCL 788 (J), AM EZE-MEX 789 (J).
 
tjerome
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:00 am

ehaase wrote:
davescj wrote:
I also suspect that the 767 is on the way out.

I would think Delta will still have 767-400ER's and even some of the later 767-300ER's 10 years from now.

I wonder if the Asian routes currently using 767-300ER's and 330-200's will move to the 350-900 or if Delta will still take the 787-8's and use those on the Asian routes that can't justify a 350-900.


Yes. Ships 171-199 are the oldest and will go first. The other ones are later 90s/early 2000s so those will stay for quite a while. The 767-400ERs are all 2000 or later deliveries so they'll be around for a while.

Without an ounce of doubt, DL will move any 332s going to Asia to the 787 once it arrives. The 332s do not perform well when on those routes. I suspect DL will order more 787s at some point to replace more of the 767 fleet and for additional growth. Sure some of the Asia routes may get bumped up to the 359 but most of them will either stay on the 763 or switch to the 787.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 4086
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:48 am

tjerome wrote:
Ships 171-199 are the oldest and will go first. The other ones are later 90s/early 2000s so those will stay for quite a while. The 767-400ERs are all 2000 or later deliveries so they'll be around for a while.

Actually, 150-56 + 394 are supposed to be the first to go in an attempt to standardise engine types in the fleet. Those are ex-Gulf Air and ex-Asiana. Those 7 should go in 2019-20 as the first batch of A339s arrive. The A339s should replace these 763s "1-for-1" on transatlantic routes. In reality, as the A339s have more seats, they will go on the TATL routes that need additional seats. So whether an A339 replaces a B763 or whether an A339 replaces a B764 which in turn replaces A763, who knows. Then 171-179 will go. Those 8 will be replaced by the second batch of A339s on order in 2021.

As you can see, the 767s will be around for a very long time given only 15 of the remaining 85 will be retired by 2022.
 
ehaase
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:06 am

Re: Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:31 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
tjerome wrote:
Ships 171-199 are the oldest and will go first. The other ones are later 90s/early 2000s so those will stay for quite a while. The 767-400ERs are all 2000 or later deliveries so they'll be around for a while.

Actually, 150-56 + 394 are supposed to be the first to go in an attempt to standardise engine types in the fleet. Those are ex-Gulf Air and ex-Asiana. Those 7 should go in 2019-20 as the first batch of A339s arrive. The A339s should replace these 763s "1-for-1" on transatlantic routes. In reality, as the A339s have more seats, they will go on the TATL routes that need additional seats. So whether an A339 replaces a B763 or whether an A339 replaces a B764 which in turn replaces A763, who knows. Then 171-179 will go. Those 8 will be replaced by the second batch of A339s on order in 2021.

As you can see, the 767s will be around for a very long time given only 15 of the remaining 85 will be retired by 2022.


If Delta has 25 A339s on order and only 15 will arrive by 2022, when do the remaining 10 come?
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 4086
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:53 am

ehaase wrote:
If Delta has 25 A339s on order and only 15 will arrive by 2022, when do the remaining 10 come?

They start arriving in 2019 and will likely be all delivered by 2023. One needs to be careful on counting 1 A339 in for 1 763 out in terms of scheduling. The 763 retirement schedule will be contingent on fuel prices, the economy and growth forecast. It can be accelerated or slowed down accordingly. Same with deliveries of A339s as we've seen with the recent push out in A359s deliveries.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 11163
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Possible Delta A350-900 Seat Map

Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:07 pm

As the seat map has now been released please continue on the following thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1365993&p=19613451#p19613451
Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos