Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Jetsouth
Topic Author
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Cseries orders before year end

Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:04 pm

Bombardier mentioned a few months ago that there would be at least 2 Cseries orders before the year end. Any idea if these orders will still materialize and who they will be from? The following have mentioned interest in the Cseries over recent months:

-British Airways
-Spirit
-Jetblue
-undisclosed Chinese airlines

Will Lufthansa make a followup order?
 
A350900
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 1:38 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:04 pm

Honestly, I don't see any more CSeries order this year... There would certainly be someone who would tell reuters/bloomberg and other news something about a possible order. Remember there is only one month left...
Look at the A380. There were years where Leahy said he would achieve to sell 25 that year and not a SINGLE one was sold. I think Bombardier is just trying to impress the airlines and its competitors...
 
CRJ900
Posts: 2392
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:48 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:55 pm

I think most airlines will wait until airBaltic has two or three CS300 in service - then there will be more real performance data available for both the CS100 and CS300.

I hope LH Group will order some CS300 as A319 replacement, when SWISS has received their CS300 (whenever that is).
Come, fly the prevailing winds with me
 
DFW789ER
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:20 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:31 pm

Jetsouth wrote:
Bombardier mentioned a few months ago that there would be at least 2 Cseries orders before the year end. Any idea if these orders will still materialize and who they will be from? The following have mentioned interest in the Cseries over recent months:

-British Airways
-Spirit
-Jetblue
-undisclosed Chinese airlines

Will Lufthansa make a followup order?


I agree with A350900, I wouldn't expect any large orders for the remainder of the year. As for the airline you mention, I don't see any of them buying the C-Series ever.
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 7356
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:36 pm

BBD should make a pitch to some South American airlines. The performance would be of great benefit to them.
When wasn't America great?


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
qcpilotxf
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:10 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:13 am

DFW789ER wrote:
Jetsouth wrote:
Bombardier mentioned a few months ago that there would be at least 2 Cseries orders before the year end. Any idea if these orders will still materialize and who they will be from? The following have mentioned interest in the Cseries over recent months:

-British Airways
-Spirit
-Jetblue
-undisclosed Chinese airlines

Will Lufthansa make a followup order?


I agree with A350900, I wouldn't expect any large orders for the remainder of the year. As for the airline you mention, I don't see any of them buying the C-Series ever.


Ill agree with no orders, but NK did have the dog and pony show, and according to a recent earnings call, Bob Fornaro is interested in seeing what deals other manufactures have to offer for 319 replacements.

Using the CS100 as a bargaining chip on the airbus table might be helpful but I'm not going to count them out by a longshot but I wouldn't expect an order any time soon
 
User avatar
redzeppelin
Posts: 1192
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:15 am

I'm not holding my breath, but I am keeping an eye on UA since they announced the changes to the 73G order. The door is open for BBD.
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 7356
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:45 am

redzeppelin wrote:
I'm not holding my breath, but I am keeping an eye on UA since they announced the changes to the 73G order. The door is open for BBD.

I'm right there with ya, but we've been saying this for the past 7 years now...
When wasn't America great?


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
CRJ900X
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:47 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:03 am

Ethiopian Airlines was rumoured to be a few weeks away from either ordering the CS100 or the E2 from Embraer. As a long time user of the Q400, I would imagine that Bombardier would stand a good chance of landing the order.

Also wasn't Luxair and Croatia Airlines expected to place 100 seat aircraft orders this year and both are current Q400 operators.

Would hope that at least one order comes to fruition before year end, but it would probably only be for a handful of units.
 
ahj2000
Posts: 1235
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:29 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
BBD should make a pitch to some South American airlines. The performance would be of great benefit to them.

I could see AV buy them for places like Perú where they have a much smaller presence to grow. JJ could use them to combat AD's EJets, and couñd be used throught the LATAM network to open new destinations (IIRC, LATAM's smallest a/c is the A319,and in Argentina it is the A320) and grow market presence in #2 markets.

CRJ900X wrote:
Ethiopian Airlines was rumoured to be a few weeks away from either ordering the CS100 or the E2 from Embraer. As a long time user of the Q400, I would imagine that Bombardier would stand a good chance of landing the order. Also wasn't Luxair and Croatia Airlines expected to place 100 seat aircraft orders this year and both are current Q400 operators. Would hope that at least one order comes to fruition before year end, but it would probably only be for a handful of units.


ET would be interesting, especially if they try to throw them out to the west coast.

I would honestly not be surprised to see an existing customer up theirs. Maybe KE?? They only ordered 10...
-Andrés Juánez
 
Jetsouth
Topic Author
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:47 pm

Any chance that SAS would order the CSeries to replace their 737-600's?
 
VSMUT
Posts: 4700
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:40 pm

Jetsouth wrote:
Any chance that SAS would order the CSeries to replace their 737-600's?


No. SAS is replacing the 737-600 with the 737-700 and A320NEO in the upper end, and in the lower end with the ATR 72-600 and CRJ-900 operated by contractors. The closest you will ever get to seeing a C-series in SAS colours would be if one of the contractors buys the C-series for a SAS contract.

:)
 
User avatar
Rajahdhani
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:08 pm

VSMUT wrote:
Jetsouth wrote:
Any chance that SAS would order the CSeries to replace their 737-600's?


No. SAS is replacing the 737-600 with the 737-700 and A320NEO in the upper end, and in the lower end with the ATR 72-600 and CRJ-900 operated by contractors. The closest you will ever get to seeing a C-series in SAS colours would be if one of the contractors buys the C-series for a SAS contract.

:)


Maybe someone can unpack it for me, but Braathens Leasing has...

http://www.bombardier.com/en/media/newsList/details.635-bombardier-sells-10-cseries-jetliners-to-swedens-braathens-aviation.bombardiercom.html
Bombardier Aerospace announced today that Braathens Leasing Limited, a member of Braathens Aviation of Sweden, has placed a firm order for five Bombardier CS100 and five CS300 mainline jetliners. Braathens also took options on an additional 10 CSeries aircraft.


I am unfamiliar with how Braathens works - and/or how it is supposed to shape up, as it seems that they are in the process/or have just emerged from a corporate reformation.

Has Braathens operated for SAS before? Perhaps this is the 'in', if they end up taking the aircraft...
 
avi8
Posts: 1205
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:12 pm

I have very good expectations for the re-engined E-JETS. I'm sure JetBlue will order them to replace the older E jets. The re-engined E-190 and 195 are very, very competitive and efficient birds.
avi8
 
User avatar
Rajahdhani
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:23 pm

Can we talk about the health of the current order book;

Ilyushin Finance Co. - 20 CS300s ; is the Russian economic outlook expected to improve significantly, before these orders are to be taken up? With current sanctions, low oil prices, and the issues regarding financing foreign goods, would not the CS300s be relatively expensive to operate (even if they received a decent price) as essentially financing it would be harsh. Any new customers would be wise to speak to Bombarider directly, as the recent news has proven great deals for airlines willing to order. Even if the candidate wished to lease, there are other lessors (Lease Corporation International: 3 CS100, 17 CS300 - and Macquarie AirFinance: 40 CS300s). This also does not leverage against the idea that Russian aircraft will now likely be cheaper to acquire/finance, especially for domestic/regional use.

Iraqi Airways - 5 CS300s ; is Iraq ready?

Republic Airways Holdings - 40 CS300s ; where are these planes supposed to go? Unless UA firms up an order, and assumes these aircraft, this order is destined to be removed.

I am not implying that the CS300 is anything but spectacular (to operate) that said, the current order books are shaky, at best. More customers are urgently needed, and perhaps instead of wondering where the new orders will come from, we should consider which existing orders will never materialize.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4941
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:27 pm

Rajahdhani wrote:
VSMUT wrote:
Jetsouth wrote:
Any chance that SAS would order the CSeries to replace their 737-600's?


No. SAS is replacing the 737-600 with the 737-700 and A320NEO in the upper end, and in the lower end with the ATR 72-600 and CRJ-900 operated by contractors. The closest you will ever get to seeing a C-series in SAS colours would be if one of the contractors buys the C-series for a SAS contract.

:)


Maybe someone can unpack it for me, but Braathens Leasing has...

http://www.bombardier.com/en/media/newsList/details.635-bombardier-sells-10-cseries-jetliners-to-swedens-braathens-aviation.bombardiercom.html
Bombardier Aerospace announced today that Braathens Leasing Limited, a member of Braathens Aviation of Sweden, has placed a firm order for five Bombardier CS100 and five CS300 mainline jetliners. Braathens also took options on an additional 10 CSeries aircraft.


I am unfamiliar with how Braathens works - and/or how it is supposed to shape up, as it seems that they are in the process/or have just emerged from a corporate reformation.

Has Braathens operated for SAS before? Perhaps this is the 'in', if they end up taking the aircraft...


Braathens Regional did operate a few Saab-2000 for SAS untill they were replace by FlyBe and their ATR. So they no longer fly for them.
All the various Braathens airlines just got rebranded to BRA. The CSeries are to replace their Avros that vane with Malmø Aviation
 
iamlucky13
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:35 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:53 pm

redzeppelin wrote:
I'm not holding my breath, but I am keeping an eye on UA since they announced the changes to the 73G order. The door is open for BBD.


I agree that the door could be open, but United is in general trying to push back capital investments. I think it makes sense to speculate about the possibility of a United order in 3-4 years or so, but not before the end of the year.
 
Thenoflyzone
Posts: 3017
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:42 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:50 am

CRJ900 wrote:
I think most airlines will wait until airBaltic has two or three CS300 in service - then there will be more real performance data available for both the CS100 and CS300.


Delivery ceremony for Air Baltic's first CS300 was today, at YMX. Delivery flight tonight, at 2 am.

Almost exactly 5 months after delivery of the first CS100 to Swiss, the CS300 gets delivered as well.
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!
 
VSMUT
Posts: 4700
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:49 am

Rajahdhani wrote:
I am unfamiliar with how Braathens works - and/or how it is supposed to shape up, as it seems that they are in the process/or have just emerged from a corporate reformation.

Has Braathens operated for SAS before? Perhaps this is the 'in', if they end up taking the aircraft...


As mentioned above, they have, but only with the turboprops. The Avro RJs have always been operated independently, and that is what they plan to do with the C-series fleet as well.

IMHO, it is far more likely that we will see CityJet operating Sukhoi Superjets in SAS colours than the C-series. Even the E-jet stands a better chance than the C, since FlyBe operates a fair amount of them.


Rajahdhani wrote:
Iraqi Airways - 5 CS300s ; is Iraq ready?


From a friend who is a pilot with them, no. They don't have enough pilots for the existing fleet. It won't prevent them from taking delivery though.

:)
 
Jetsouth
Topic Author
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:24 pm

OK, probably no significant CSeries orders for the balance of this year. Any chance of a significant order next year?

-Lufthansa follow up order?
-Delta ordered in 2016, Any chance of an order from another major US airline? I think most believe that Jetblue, Spirit, and United probably will not order, what about AA?
-Westjet would be a logical CSeries customer, to replace their 737-600 and for some of their thinner routes, however, they have stated they will not order the CSeries(unless they stated that for negotiation purposes)
 
Dash9
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:40 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:37 pm

Jetsouth wrote:
OK, probably no significant CSeries orders for the balance of this year. Any chance of a significant order next year?

-Lufthansa follow up order?
-Delta ordered in 2016, Any chance of an order from another major US airline? I think most believe that Jetblue, Spirit, and United probably will not order, what about AA?
-Westjet would be a logical CSeries customer, to replace their 737-600 and for some of their thinner routes, however, they have stated they will not order the CSeries(unless they stated that for negotiation purposes)



Air Canada mentioned they had no interest in the Cseries weeks before they ordered...
 
User avatar
Channex757
Posts: 2417
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:07 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:44 pm

No Way BA for a start.

The only place I'd see it working for them is at London City. Somehow I can't see a need for BA to be turning the young-ish fleet of Embraers and the A318 over just yet as they are already in a mode of conserving capital. It certainly wouldn't work at Heathrow as there is the whole containerised baggage thing going on. BA really needs a 6-abreast body with LD3-45 compatability for their T5 setup.

Unless it's the A320NEO family or the next generation offerings then the BBD is just too narrow, and the 737 out of the running. It has to fit into their T5 system and the narrow cabin C series doesn't.
 
sanjet
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:58 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:46 pm

Dash9 wrote:

Air Canada mentioned they had no interest in the Cseries weeks before they ordered...


Exactly, no true business will "show interest" publicly, that would just mean less bargaining power.
Will Fly For Food!
 
Jetsouth
Topic Author
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:46 pm

The CSeries program still has many conditional deals too that were never firmed up, some entered into up to 5 years ago, including with Atlas Global, CDB Leasing and Falco. Will these deals ever be firmed up or should they be considered dead? Recent rumors indicate that Porter may still firm up its conditional order, even though allowing jets at Billy Bishop seems unlikely.
 
Dash9
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:40 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:21 pm

Apparently Tanzania is one of the two new orders. 2x CS300 and a single Q400 were ordered yesterday.

Not sure how reliable is the source?
https://wolfganghthome.wordpress.com/20 ... -aircraft/
 
Jetsouth
Topic Author
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Yes, apparently there were many rumors that Tanzania would order one or two CS300 jets. However, I cannot find an official announcement from Bombardier or on the press that this order is confirmed.
 
Jetsouth
Topic Author
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:17 pm

OK, the order of 2 CS300 by the Tanzanian government seems now to be official. Congratulations to Bombardier! That is one of their two promised CSeries jet orders by year end, although it is only for two examples, I wonder if there will be another order in the next few weeks.
 
Jetsouth
Topic Author
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:21 pm

Also, in accordance to Fliegerfaust, United may be interested in the CSeries again.
 
User avatar
Quantos
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:23 pm

Jetsouth wrote:
Also, in accordance to Fliegerfaust, United may be interested in the CSeries again.


Well, it's more a comment from Levy, but it's far from an order. Essentially, Levy said that he's interested in the plane, but is unsure if there's place in the UA fleet for a 100-120 pax plane. Even if UA places an order for the C Series, I wouldn't expect it to be in 2016, or maybe not even in 2017.
Quantos,

I maintain the Airbus A220 (formerly Bombardier C Series) Aircraft Status sheet: https://goo.gl/HZshto
Feel free to comment on the sheet with any improvement suggestions and data update requests! Thanks to Paolo92 for his advice!
 
User avatar
enilria
Posts: 10309
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:01 pm

Quantos wrote:
Jetsouth wrote:
Also, in accordance to Fliegerfaust, United may be interested in the CSeries again.


Well, it's more a comment from Levy, but it's far from an order. Essentially, Levy said that he's interested in the plane, but is unsure if there's place in the UA fleet for a 100-120 pax plane. Even if UA places an order for the C Series, I wouldn't expect it to be in 2016, or maybe not even in 2017.

The UA* 50 seaters are still going away and there is now zero plan to replace the capacity. There is no real increase in 70 seater capacity due to the ALPA contract limit. They need to defer parking the 50s or order something very soon.
 
User avatar
intotheair
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:49 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:31 pm

enilria wrote:
Quantos wrote:
Jetsouth wrote:
Also, in accordance to Fliegerfaust, United may be interested in the CSeries again.


Well, it's more a comment from Levy, but it's far from an order. Essentially, Levy said that he's interested in the plane, but is unsure if there's place in the UA fleet for a 100-120 pax plane. Even if UA places an order for the C Series, I wouldn't expect it to be in 2016, or maybe not even in 2017.

The UA* 50 seaters are still going away and there is now zero plan to replace the capacity. There is no real increase in 70 seater capacity due to the ALPA contract limit. They need to defer parking the 50s or order something very soon.


I actually agree with this. If UA is so gung-ho about domestic now and have all those E175s on order for UAX, they're going to need scope relief. The only way that's going to realistically happen is with a new small mainline narrowbody.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN
 
Leslieville
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:14 pm

I could see the C-Series being a good fit for TAME and it's need for hot & high performance, high cycle operations, and low fuel cost. TAME isn't exactly in great financial shape, of course, but their fleet is getting old and the C-Series family might let them replace their aging leased A319 (4) & A320 (5) fleet and compliment or replace their owned E190 (3) fleet.
 
bobnwa
Posts: 4514
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2000 12:10 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:42 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
BBD should make a pitch to some South American airlines. The performance would be of great benefit to them.

Do you honestly think they have not made any offer to every single airline in South america?
 
wrongwayup
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:23 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:57 pm

bobnwa wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
BBD should make a pitch to some South American airlines. The performance would be of great benefit to them.

Do you honestly think they have not made any offer to every single airline in South america?


Pitch yes; offer... maybe not.
 
Dash9
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:40 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:37 pm

Quantos wrote:
Jetsouth wrote:
Also, in accordance to Fliegerfaust, United may be interested in the CSeries again.


Well, it's more a comment from Levy, but it's far from an order. Essentially, Levy said that he's interested in the plane, but is unsure if there's place in the UA fleet for a 100-120 pax plane. Even if UA places an order for the C Series, I wouldn't expect it to be in 2016, or maybe not even in 2017.


If my memory serves me well, if United wants to add more 76 seats RJ (E175 or CR9), then need to introduce a new small mainline aircraft. The wording in the contracts specifically calls for E190/E195 or CS100.

Yesterday he mentionned the CSeries as interesting, and no words on the Ejet. Dunno if it means anything really, that might just be some negotiating thru the media to work BBD against Embraer.
 
Jetsouth
Topic Author
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:04 am

When Bombardier indicated that they would receive "multiple orders" for the CSeries during the second half of the year at the airshow in June, they seem to indicate that these orders would come from Asia or Europe. So far in the second half the only order they have received is for 2 CS300s from the Government of Tanzania.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:45 pm

The second order appears to be South African Express for up to 20 aircraft.

https://twitter.com/Scumezza/status/804634556229943296
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4941
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:50 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
The second order appears to be South African Express for up to 20 aircraft.

https://twitter.com/Scumezza/status/804634556229943296


Twitter says lease, so it might be from an existing customer?
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:21 pm

Bombardier issued a press release regarding the Tanzania order:

http://commercialaircraft.bombardier.co ... ercom.html

Bombardier Commercial Aircraft announced today that the United Republic of Tanzania represented by the Tanzanian Government Flight Agency (TGFA) has signed firm purchase agreements for two CS300 jetliners and one Q400 turboprop aircraft. The aircraft will be leased to and operated by Air Tanzania (The Wings of the Kilimanjaro) based in Dar es Salaam.


Image
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
Channex757
Posts: 2417
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:07 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:47 pm

This could be the way forward for the aircraft. Instead of huge high cost orders, a stream of smaller ones from second tier airlines and their lessors as it's a smaller capacity jet. leasing companies especially as it's a way in which those small carriers can access new technology without crippling their capital and cashflow.

Africa could be a key market as it's got stage lengths that suit the PW1000 family of engines.
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 2578
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:54 pm

I think Widerøe will end up with C-Series somewhere down the line. They're looking for larger aircraft and have a great relationship with Bombardier.

Regarding orders before the year's end, I doubt it. I think the orders that are talked about are real, but I doubt we'll see it within this month.
 
AirbusCanada
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:14 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:26 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
The second order appears to be South African Express for up to 20 aircraft.

https://twitter.com/Scumezza/status/804634556229943296


Looks like it's for a CRJ-900/EMB-190, not E2 or CSeries.

http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/ ... lease-deal
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2876
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:31 pm

AirbusCanada wrote:
KarelXWB wrote:
The second order appears to be South African Express for up to 20 aircraft.

https://twitter.com/Scumezza/status/804634556229943296


Looks like it's for a CRJ-900/EMB-190, not E2 or CSeries.

http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/ ... lease-deal


The CRJ line could use a big boost like this. The CRK is also a possibility if SA Express want a true 90 seater with a small J cabin.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4941
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:38 pm

JetBuddy wrote:
I think Widerøe will end up with C-Series somewhere down the line. They're looking for larger aircraft and have a great relationship with Bombardier.


Somehow I doubt that. Even though Widerøe publically has expressed their interest for a 100 seater jet, for long and thinner routes in Norway, my opinion is that even the CS100, being a 125 seater, is too big
 
bmacleod
Posts: 2990
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2001 3:10 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:57 pm

Wouldn't total rule out a UA order despite their 737-700 order a while back. Route markets are always in flux and UA will likely take another look at the CS300 sooner if not later. :smile:
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus
 
iamlucky13
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:35 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:48 pm

bmacleod wrote:
Wouldn't total rule out a UA order despite their 737-700 order a while back. Route markets are always in flux and UA will likely take another look at the CS300 sooner if not later. :smile:


There's another thread on this currently active. United has significantly changed the 737 order, deferring most of them and swapping them to apparently MAX-9's.

That does potentially mean UA could have a place for CSeries, but it doesn't sound like any orders in that segment will be happening in the next few years. They're trying to reduce near-term expenditures and trim capacity growth.
 
Jetsouth
Topic Author
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:52 am

With Delta having already ordered the CSeries, and Spirit, United and Jetblue have apparently been in various stages of on again and off again negotiations to potentially buy in these jets, is anyone aware if AA has shown any interest?
 
wrongwayup
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:23 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:03 am

Jetsouth wrote:
With Delta having already ordered the CSeries, and Spirit, United and Jetblue have apparently been in various stages of on again and off again negotiations to potentially buy in these jets, is anyone aware if AA has shown any interest?


Not publicly.
 
77H
Posts: 1570
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:09 am

redzeppelin wrote:
I'm not holding my breath, but I am keeping an eye on UA since they announced the changes to the 73G order. The door is open for BBD.


As much as I'd love to see the globe on the C Series, UA's CFO recently stated the airline has several big fleet decisions forthcoming and that the C Series would be evaluated once the company sees where those changes leave them. Could be several more years before that happens.

That is not necessarily a bad thing. By that time the C Series will have been in service with a handful of airlines around the world and will be able to provide long term performance data.
 
alyusuph
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:38 am

Re: Cseries orders before year end

Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:25 am

Jetsouth wrote:
Yes, apparently there were many rumors that Tanzania would order one or two CS300 jets. However, I cannot find an official announcement from Bombardier or on the press that this order is confirmed.


Yes this is very much official. The two CS 300 series and one Q400 will make a total order by Tanzania of five aircraft purchases from Bombardier, with two Q400s already delivered. The official news includes one order for a Boeing aircraft.Though the model was not mentioned. The President of Tanzania when announcing this news was talking of another order for aircraft which can fly directly to China or USA.
I am not an Airbus or Boeing fan, just an aircraft fan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 747fan, Achtstein, AirlineCritic, Anansaudiajet, Baidu [Spider], BealineV953, bx737, diamondchap, Djarin, frigatebird, Google [Bot], kyu, Melb94, NeperQiell, Phen, PlanesAtPaine, qexonial, qf789, StefanP, TEALflyer and 353 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos