Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

wnflyguy
Topic Author

WN December 6 schedule extension for 5/2-6/2/2017

Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:32 pm

WN next scheduled release is coming in a few days just May flying. Along with the December 6 release the following December 8 GK will be speaking at NY Wings club luncheon.
Rumors,predictions and speculation Have FLL getting 7 new international markets with one being a completely new WN destination.
In Addition AUS is rumored to be getting 3 new none Daily international flights for the summer.

First is my AUS predictions

AUS-MBJ Wednesday and Sundays
AUS-SJD Tuesday,Thursday and Saturday's
AUS-PUJ Monday and Friday

My FLL predictions
FLL-SJO Monday,Tuesday,Thursday,Saturday
FLL-LIR Wednesday,Friday,Sunday
FLL-AUA Tuesday ,Thursday,Saturday
FLL-BZE Wednesday,Sunday
FLL-PUJ Monday ,Friday
FLL-MBJ Daily
FLL-CUN Daily
FLL-LIM one Daily new city.

Enjoy
Flyguy
My Wings are clipped just another Retired Airline person. The Ultimate Armchair out of the loop airline industry geek. Aloha Mr Hand!

msycajun

Re: WN December 6 schedule extension for 5/2-6/2/2017

Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:59 pm

It seems like most WN non-daily flying is once weekly Sat or Sun leisure routes. Have they started doing much non-daily on other days of the week as you predict? I haven't been keeping up, but it seems like they usually fly either daily or just once or twice a week. Will WN even want to fly international out of AUS given that it just opened up a big facility at HOU?

I wonder if GK will announce any new EWR flying now that it has been de-slotted. Personally, I'd like to see EWR-MSY again as it had lfs in the 90s before it was cut.

It will be interesting to see if the new Sunday only MSY-IND and MSY-PIT flights continue into the summer. I could even see PIT going daily. Maybe we'll see more less than daily flying to compete with G4. MSY-PIT/CLE/RDU are all routes that G4 recently added or announced but could probably sustain daily service.

airliner371

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:01 am

Gary said on the Q3 earnings call that the first of the FLL International Expansion will be announced in January. This schedule extension will be the first on the new reservation system so I suspect it will be a very quiet release, probably with less flying for the transition period.

The headline for this release will not be new routes, it will be the reservation system.

enilria

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:43 am

I think most of your list won't happen because 1) they don't often do nondaily midweek flights and 2) the seasonality for most of those is more toward Winter. I'll throw in a third reason which is that June is when they tend to run most everything daily as even weekends are strong in most weeks. November was supposed to be the time of year they were going to start selling via Amadeus for Fall 2017. It appears that is delayed again.

I might expect more seasonal transcons, particularly from SAN.

FlyPNS1

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:46 am

enilria wrote:
November was supposed to be the time of year they were going to start selling via Amadeus for Fall 2017. It appears that is delayed again.

WN's booking window is never that far into the future. There's no way WN was going to start selling tickets for Fall of 2017 in Fall of 2016.

wnflyguy
Topic Author

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:52 am

In MDW they tested out using one plane and split it's flying between 3 days PUJ and 4 days MBJ.
It's been a successful test and from what I understand with ONE RES it's possible you will see this more on international flying and some domestic markets in the future from LAS.

Flyguy
My Wings are clipped just another Retired Airline person. The Ultimate Armchair out of the loop airline industry geek. Aloha Mr Hand!

southwest1675

Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:17 am

Rumblings that WN wants to add some more out of Nashville. They haven't done it yet, probably because they were getting all new jetways. They're finished now, so hopefully BNA will get some additions. There is also a rumor that WN could possibly turn BNA into a crew base.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

usflyguy

Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:36 am

wnflyguy wrote:
WN next scheduled release is coming in a few days just May flying. Along with the December 6 release the following December 8 GK will be speaking at NY Wings club luncheon.
Rumors,predictions and speculation Have FLL getting 7 new international markets with one being a completely new WN destination.
In Addition AUS is rumored to be getting 3 new none Daily international flights for the summer.

First is my AUS predictions

AUS-MBJ Wednesday and Sundays
AUS-SJD Tuesday,Thursday and Saturday's
AUS-PUJ Monday and Friday

My FLL predictions
FLL-BZE Wednesday,Sunday
FLL-PUJ Monday ,Friday
FLL-MBJ Daily
FLL-CUN Daily

Enjoy
Flyguy

AUS is not getting PUJ before HOU does. AUS would possibly get PVR, LIR, MBJ, or BZE, nondaily.
My post is my ideas and my opinions only, I do not represent the ideas or opinions of anyone else or company.

usflyguy

Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:37 am

msycajun wrote:
It seems like most WN non-daily flying is once weekly Sat or Sun leisure routes. Have they started doing much non-daily on other days of the week as you predict? I haven't been keeping up, but it seems like they usually fly either daily or just once or twice a week. Will WN even want to fly international out of AUS given that it just opened up a big facility at HOU?

WN already flies AUS-CUN and seasonally AUS-SJD.
My post is my ideas and my opinions only, I do not represent the ideas or opinions of anyone else or company.

usflyguy

Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:41 am

enilria wrote:
I think most of your list won't happen because 1) they don't often do nondaily midweek flights and 2) the seasonality for most of those is more toward Winter. I'll throw in a third reason which is that June is when they tend to run most everything daily as even weekends are strong in most weeks. November was supposed to be the time of year they were going to start selling via Amadeus for Fall 2017. It appears that is delayed again.

Amadeus goes live for domestic reservations with this release on December 6. Which is right on track. Thanks.

airliner371

Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:18 pm

enilria wrote:

enilria, no. It wasn't supposed to debut in November, nor was the schedule supposed to be extended to fall 2017.

usflyguy wrote:
Amadeus goes live for domestic reservations with this release on December 6. Which is right on track. Thanks.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark:

wnflyguy
Topic Author

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:39 pm

So something Big is being announced at the NY wings club other than a new destination.

Top 2 rumors are International code share or revamp carry on policy.

For the carry on policy sounding like Wana get a way fares may require you to check one bag for free and limited to one small personal carry on item for under your seat.

If true that sounds promising to speed up boarding and turn times.

Flyguy

SWADawg

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:41 am

wnflyguy wrote:
So something Big is being announced at the NY wings club other than a new destination.

For the carry on policy sounding like Wana get a way fares may require you to check one bag for free and limited to one small personal carry on item for under your seat.

Flyguy

Good luck enforcing that with open seating and no way to identify WGA's with full fare paying passengers. Unless WN is going to assigned seats or changing which order passengers board based on fare paid, I have a hard time seeing how this type of carry on policy could be enforced and the last thing the Flight Attendants are going to want to do on a fully loaded -800 is be the bag police.
My posts are my opinion only and do not reflect the views of Southwest Airlines

msycajun

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:49 am

A codeshare could be promising. Maybe Condor, Icelandair or WOW to start out?

I have a hard time seeing them implement any baggage restrictions. WN isn't exactly cheap a lot of the time, because they can command a premium for free bags. They have spent a lot of money promoting the whole Transfarency angle - probably the only airline TV commercials I see on a regular basis.

airliner371

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:52 am

While I question the source, I'd love for them to make Business Select an extra legroom fare starting with the Max in 2017.

SurfandSnow

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:07 am

I have to think reinforcing their leading position in California will be a top priority given that the AS/VX merger is (apparently) due to close any day now. I could see anything from proactive moves (i.e. BUR-RNO, OAK-FLL, LAX-PHL, SAN-TPA, SFO-BWI, SJC-MCO, SMF-EWR) to shots across the bow (i.e. BUR-SEA, LAX-SJO, SAN-SLC, SJC-RNO) to simply seizing opportunities like BUR-MDW, OAK-PIT, SJC-BNA, etc.
Flying in the middle seat of coach is much better than not flying at all!

dbo861

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:18 am

SWADawg wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

Good luck enforcing that with open seating and no way to identify WGA's with full fare paying passengers. Unless WN is going to assigned seats or changing which order passengers board based on fare paid, I have a hard time seeing how this type of carry on policy could be enforced and the last thing the Flight Attendants are going to want to do on a fully loaded -800 is be the bag police.

Add this to the LONG list of "insider" rumors he throws out there that never come to light.

Any time saved by only allowing one carryon would be negated two fold by flight attendants enforcing the rule. Not going to happen.

LAX772LR

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:57 am

msycajun wrote:
WN isn't exactly cheap a lot of the time, because they can command a premium for free bags.

The comedic irony there, is that anyone not taking full advantage of that EVERY time, is just getting suckered.... and yet, probably THANKING the airline for it. :-D
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

ScottB

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:03 am

wnflyguy wrote:

I don't see that speeding up boarding/turn times at all. The gate agent would be forced to verify that every boarding passenger with a WGA fare only had a personal item when boarding and would have to gate check any bags from those passengers which were overhead-bin-sized. Those folks might end up sitting down a bit faster, but there would be a lot more work (and perhaps too much for one) for the gate agent.

enilria wrote:
November was supposed to be the time of year they were going to start selling via Amadeus for Fall 2017. It appears that is delayed again.

The Q3 earnings release stated (as a GK quote): "The successful implementation of our new reservation system is a top priority for this quarter. The first release is currently scheduled for December, and final technology readiness is progressing as planned." That might be a delay from a previous schedule but a one-month slip for a large IT project is certainly nothing out of the ordinary.

They signed the contract with Amadeus in early May 2014, and given the broad scope of the project, 31 months to get to this point (and 36 to all bookings being on Altéa) doesn't seem entirely unreasonable.

BobPatterson

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:11 am

dbo861 wrote:
Any time saved by only allowing one carryon would be negated two fold by flight attendants enforcing the rule. Not going to happen.

There is no need for the "problem" to ever get as far as the Flight Attendants. Baggage checks can be done when pax arrive at the airport (pre-security) or upon arrival at the gate area.

Frequent passengers would quickly get used to a new system (or perhaps choose to fly elsewhere). No one who attempts to carry on excess baggage should be permitted access to a jet bridge.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

CHI87LG

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:13 am

Is it insane to say that Southwest has actually hedged its customer experience and, if we soberly assess it, could totally squeeze the hell out of folks if things go sour? There are a lot of subtle perks to flying with Southwest, and they could easily become another hassle low-cost carrier without doing much at all.

AVLAirlineFreq

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:52 am

wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

Wow. That would certainly be...out there.

In terms of new destinations, aren't there still numerous places in the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America that would be more likely before getting into South America?

Cubsrule

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:07 am

ScottB wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

I don't see that speeding up boarding/turn times at all. The gate agent would be forced to verify that every boarding passenger with a WGA fare only had a personal item when boarding and would have to gate check any bags from those passengers which were overhead-bin-sized. Those folks might end up sitting down a bit faster, but there would be a lot more work (and perhaps too much for one) for the gate agent.

WN has made a noticeable, albeit not publicized AFAIK, effort to trim turn times in the last year or 18 months. On my flights, those efforts have succeeded. I'm not sure that turn times are presently a problem and, as you say, I also do not believe that this would be a solution.

Gate checking is down dramatically over two or three years ago. I was on a full 733 LAX-BNA, a flight where virtually everyone has a bag because of the length, a month ago or so and we left with space in the bins.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

alggag

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:40 am

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

In terms of new destinations, aren't there still numerous places in the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America that would be more likely before getting into South America?

Yeah, that's definitely one out of left field. GCM, ZIH, SXM, CZM, PTY all more likely than LIM in my opinion.

enilria

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:09 am

ScottB wrote:
The Q3 earnings release stated (as a GK quote): "The successful implementation of our new reservation system is a top priority for this quarter. The first release is currently scheduled for December, and final technology readiness is progressing as planned." That might be a delay from a previous schedule but a one-month slip for a large IT project is certainly nothing out of the ordinary.

In June at a WN VP said in a presentation that in November 2016 they would begin using Altea for bookings in the September 2017 schedule. All bookings prior to that flight period would remain on the current system and that when that schedule was reached they would fully cutover to Altea. I only know what was said. They even said they wouldn't want Altea to go live during Summer, and would rather wait until September. If they are now cutting over to Altea in the busiest month of the year (July) that is a pretty amazing change. We'll see what happens.

rj777

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:13 am

Any rumors/inside info regarding MKE

usflyguy

Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:32 am

SWADawg wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

The flight attendants wouldn't enforce it. I can guarantee you that. It'll go in the pile with seat saving.

southwest1675

Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:34 am

rj777 wrote:
Any rumors/inside info regarding MKE

Would love to see BNA-MKE.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

Abeam79

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:09 am

wnflyguy wrote:
My FLL predictions
FLL-BZE Wednesday,Sunday
FLL-PUJ Monday ,Friday
FLL-MBJ Daily
FLL-CUN Daily

Enjoy
Flyguy

I'm just not really confident with wn's ambitions in FLL. B6 has been aggressive building a impressive network with much more to come,especially with the seemingly inevitable move B6 of purchasing longer range airplanes, going deeper all over south america and Europe (ie A321neoLR, or wodebodies) which also been public about, added in top of that with their product they are currently rolling out now and throughout the next couple years with better seatback tvs, free fast wifi extending soon all over the Caribbean for them, 300 free movies from ptv's on top of the streaming movies. Better legroom,mint, and more snack and food options make me think about how wn's product can really be too viable to compete with them in fll, especially with the looming cost creep issue at wn's doorstep.
All i can say i wish them the best.

MaverickTTT

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:10 am

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

I usually take anything wnflyguy has to say with a grain of salt...but, a WN pilot friend of mine pointed out to me that, despite the airport not being in their OpSpecs, a handful of LIM Jepp charts showed up in his EFB recently. I wouldn't call it probable, but I also wouldn't totally discount it.

That said, I'm thinking there's something bigger than a new city coming at NY Wings. I don't claim to know what that is, only that I think they're due for something big. Altea and the Pilot/FA contracts being done will allow WN the ability to make some moves that are much different than what they've done before. Should be interesting.

dcannon1227

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:25 pm

MaverickTTT wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

I usually take anything wnflyguy has to say with a grain of salt...but, a WN pilot friend of mine pointed out to me that, despite the airport not being in their OpSpecs, a handful of LIM Jepp charts showed up in his EFB recently. I wouldn't call it probable, but I also wouldn't totally discount it.

That said, I'm thinking there's something bigger than a new city coming at NY Wings. I don't claim to know what that is, only that I think they're due for something big. Altea and the Pilot/FA contracts being done will allow WN the ability to make some moves that are much different than what they've done before. Should be interesting.

Speaking of EFB's. Southwest has a tailored chart for SXM now. Not sure if that means anything.

TW787

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:59 pm

While I don't believe the OP that there will be a change to checked bags/carry on for WGA fares, I don't think enforcement would be a problem.

After all, with the slim price difference that always exists between the any time and BS fares, I'd be willing to bet that 99.5% of pax not in BS are on a WGA fare. So it is as easy as A1-15 bring whatever you want, everybody else is limited.

Given that this is supposedly the first new schedule with the new system, I'll guess there is nothing major new as they wouldn't want to risk a big announcement with potential technology issues.

Cubsrule

Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:45 pm

TW787 wrote:
After all, with the slim price difference that always exists between the any time and BS fares, I'd be willing to bet that 99.5% of pax not in BS are on a WGA fare. So it is as easy as A1-15 bring whatever you want, everybody else is limited.

Given that WGA has an advance purchase requirement, it's not 99.5 percent . . .

asteriskceo

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:11 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
Gate checking is down dramatically over two or three years ago. I was on a full 733 LAX-BNA, a flight where virtually everyone has a bag because of the length, a month ago or so and we left with space in the bins.

Probably has more to do with the fact that WN added bin extenders on many of the -300's so that bags could fit in wheels in, or out.

Cubsrule

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:25 pm

asteriskceo wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

Probably has more to do with the fact that WN added bin extenders on many of the -300's so that bags could fit in wheels in, or out.

Maybe, but there seems to be less gate checking on -700s too. The 738s have never been a problem because of the Sky interior.

asteriskceo

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:23 pm

Abeam79 wrote:
I'm just not really confident with wn's ambitions in FLL. B6 has been aggressive building a impressive network with much more to come,especially with the seemingly inevitable move B6 of purchasing longer range airplanes, going deeper all over south america and Europe (ie A321neoLR, or wodebodies) which also been public about, added in top of that with their product they are currently rolling out now and throughout the next couple years with better seatback tvs, free fast wifi extending soon all over the Caribbean for them, 300 free movies from ptv's on top of the streaming movies. Better legroom,mint, and more snack and food options make me think about how wn's product can really be too viable to compete with them in fll, especially with the looming cost creep issue at wn's doorstep.

I share in your skepticism. I also share a similar view in regards to their California network with the upcoming AS/VX merger. It really is time for a meaningful product overhaul over at WN if they want to survive in the long term.

TW787

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
TW787 wrote:

Not sure you're getting my point. Look at DAL-HOU for travel today. Anytime is $225 and BS is $247. So for $22 extra you get a rapid rewards multiplier, priority security, a free drink and guaranteed A1-15 boarding. So given inside 24 hours you'd have to be either a masochist or not very intelligent to select anytime and being C20 for boarding for that level of difference.

Or maybe you are making a commentary on the level of intelligence of the average WN customer? ;-)

Cubsrule

Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:04 pm

TW787 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
TW787 wrote:

Not sure you're getting my point. Look at DAL-HOU for travel today. Anytime is $225 and BS is $247. So for $22 extra you get a rapid rewards multiplier, priority security, a free drink and guaranteed A1-15 boarding. So given inside 24 hours you'd have to be either a masochist or not very intelligent to select anytime and being C20 for boarding for that level of difference.

Or maybe you are making a commentary on the level of intelligence of the average WN customer? ;-)

Some of us travel on corporate policies that require purchase of the cheapest available, even when that's not rational.

It's the same reason that the legacies price some F tickets cheaper than coach. Policy keeps folks in Y even when that's not rational.

Vctony

Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:37 am

Any chance of PHX - Mexico starting with the new schedule?

BMWdrvr75

Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:44 pm

asteriskceo wrote:
Abeam79 wrote:

I share in your skepticism. I also share a similar view in regards to their California network with the upcoming AS/VX merger. It really is time for a meaningful product overhaul over at WN if they want to survive in the long term.
I completely agree and I would say a majority of the Flight Attendants and Pilots agree we desperately need to overhaul our inflight product. However, it will never happen the HDQ folks REFUSE to belive there is anyting wrong with our inflight serivce. They are "in luv" with our tray service and think is is hospitable. The fact is they spent thousands of dollars developing a "cutting edge galley" so we can continue using trays which the HDQ folks who dont work these jets are conveinced our Customers love. Furthermore, they are convinced we have the best inflight produt out there.......I do wish we could offer somethig we all could be proud of.
We Make Flying Easy......Come fly the Silver Bird........Something Special in the Air......

usflyguy

Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:12 pm

BMWdrvr75 wrote:
asteriskceo wrote:
Abeam79 wrote:

I completely agree and I would say a majority of the Flight Attendants and Pilots agree we desperately need to overhaul our inflight product. However, it will never happen the HDQ folks REFUSE to belive there is anyting wrong with our inflight serivce. They are "in luv" with our tray service and think is is hospitable. The fact is they spent thousands of dollars developing a "cutting edge galley" so we can continue using trays which the HDQ folks who dont work these jets are conveinced our Customers love. Furthermore, they are convinced we have the best inflight produt out there.......I do wish we could offer somethig we all could be proud of.

You speak for yourself and yourself alone. If flight attendants feel the way that you do, they've failed miserably in conveying in that in the annual surveys and town hall meetings. The vast majority of pilots could care less about what amenities are offered in the cabin... the fewer items that can break, the better.

swacle

Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:57 am

dcannon1227 wrote:
MaverickTTT wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:

Speaking of EFB's. Southwest has a tailored chart for SXM now. Not sure if that means anything.

Not sure whybrid LIM would have a tailored chart, but SXM could be an alternate for SJU or PUJ?
Aircraft Flown: SF3 DH8 DH4 328 ERJ CRJ CR7 CR9 E70 E75 D9S M80 712 72S 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 739ER 752 318 319 32

Cubsrule

Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:08 am

usflyguy wrote:
BMWdrvr75 wrote:
asteriskceo wrote:

You speak for yourself and yourself alone. If flight attendants feel the way that you do, they've failed miserably in conveying in that in the annual surveys and town hall meetings. The vast majority of pilots could care less about what amenities are offered in the cabin... the fewer items that can break, the better.

What exactly is allegedly wrong with the inflight product? I fly WN a ton. Obviously, the lack of F is a drag, but it compares favorably with what everyone else does in Y. Certainly some competitors do individual things better, but the overall product is competitive.

swacle wrote:
dcannon1227 wrote:
MaverickTTT wrote:

Not sure whybrid LIM would have a tailored chart, but SXM could be an alternate for SJU or PUJ?

I guess, but that would mean that BQN, POP, PSE, SDQ, STI and STT are all unavailable. That seems unlikely.

southwest1675

Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:19 am

Any rumors or rumblings?
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

Jshank83

Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:21 pm

Schedule is out but I don't know an easy way to check it for new routes.

Vctony

Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:34 pm

Several routes out of PHX lost frequencies.

jbmitt

Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:50 pm

No changes to DSM.

usflyguy

Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:52 pm

I think there are quite a few holes that will be filled in on Thursday when Gary Kelly speaks at The Wings Club luncheon in NYC.

southwest1675

Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:54 pm

Haven't seen anything new out of BNA, but I have noticed they got a ton of increased frequencies on routes.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

SteveXC500

Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:56 pm

No change to MSP. Basically what I expected...still 25 departures daily.

I still can't believe MSP-MKE exists when the loads are in the 60s or worse. I guess it must still make money.

MSP-PHX lost frequency, but DEN and STL went up for a net zero effect.

No holes in the MSP schedule for May, either. 7 RON and no time gaps found during the day.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos