Re: Icelandair to Belfast

Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:38 am

745 out 1145a arrival

140p return 335policy arrival KEF
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

JAmie2k9

Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:51 am

Getting in before WOW after that added Cork in addition to Dublin??

Should do well since BFS lost UA recently.

kelvin933

Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:54 am

JAmie2k9 wrote:
Getting in before WOW after that added Cork in addition to Dublin??

Should do well since BFS lost UA recently.

Most likely trying to get the traffic that was previously on the UA BFS-EWR flight.
“Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests.”

hvusslax

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:05 pm

I guess the ABZ route has been fairly successful then if they are willing to explore more options on the Q400. Three hours on a turboprop does not seem to drive customers away,

kelvin933

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:20 pm

hvusslax wrote:
I guess the ABZ route has been fairly successful then if they are willing to explore more options on the Q400. Three hours on a turboprop does not seem to drive customers away,

Flybe already operates quite a few routes out of BHD with Q400s so turboprops may not be as daunting in Belfast as some other destinations.
“Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests.”

oldannyboy

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:54 pm

hvusslax wrote:

I suppose you are right, and additionally the Q400 really is a pretty comfortable aircraft, better so than some jets...

usflyer123

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:09 pm

smart move by Icelandair! kind of replaces the UA EWR-BFS and blocks WOW from entering the market. also the Q400 is the best aircraft by size to serve that market, hope they will succeed!
for most people the sky is the limit. for those who love aviation, the sky is home...

steveinbc

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:45 pm

Sorry to disagree but THREE hours on a Q400 will be simply miserable. I have flown quite a few 2+hour flights from the Maritimes to Montreal and I could hardly wait to get off. Throw in the storminess of the North Atlantic, no hot food (no ovens), miniscule single washroom and anyone taller than 5'8" sat at a window seat will be permanently tilting their head and twisting to avoid the tight curvature of the fuselage. I thought EasyJet was offering a Keflavik - no? I can't see anyone other than an impoverished backpacker taking that routing.
A319 320 321 330 340 380 B707 727 737 747 757 767 777 787 BAe1-11 Trident 1, 2, 3B Viscount Lancaster VC10 HS748, ATP DHC-1, 3 Dash-8 Dash-400 Shorts 330 360 Embraer Banderiante Brasileria 175 190 BAe146 Saab 200 DC-3 -8 -9 -10 MD-11 ATR42-72

mjoelnir

Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:00 pm

steveinbc wrote:
Sorry to disagree but THREE hours on a Q400 will be simply miserable. I have flown quite a few 2+hour flights from the Maritimes to Montreal and I could hardly wait to get off. Throw in the storminess of the North Atlantic, no hot food (no ovens), miniscule single washroom and anyone taller than 5'8" sat at a window seat will be permanently tilting their head and twisting to avoid the tight curvature of the fuselage. I thought EasyJet was offering a Keflavik - no? I can't see anyone other than an impoverished backpacker taking that routing.

KEF-BSF being 750 nm is not a three hours flight on a Q400, it is only slightly longer than KEF-ABZ with 724 nm.

hvusslax

Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:10 pm

No it's not three hours. Only 2:55.

styles9002

Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:32 pm

steveinbc wrote:

Easyjet flies twice weekly between BFS and KEF with A319 aircraft. However, U2 and FI are not targeting the same market. U2 serves local point to point traffic while FI will be targeting connections between BHD and North America.

BHD is much closer to downtown Belfast while BFS is 20 miles west by Lough Neagh.
It is what it is.

JannEejit

Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:36 pm

So will this be BFS or BHD ?

styles9002

Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:42 pm

JannEejit wrote:
So will this be BFS or BHD ?

NY will operate into BHD (George Best Belfast City Airport).
It is what it is.

Aeroflot777

Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:54 pm

steveinbc wrote:
Sorry to disagree but THREE hours on a Q400 will be simply miserable.

Agreed. I've had to get on close friend terms with the Q400 recently to be able to connect in Vienna or Frankfurt. I wouldn't be able to handle more than the 1-1.5 hours with my body tilted at the window seat. I'm actually quite surprised people keep referring to this aircraft as comfortable, the seats are small and short.

Also, please someone tell me why it's nicknamed "The Quiet One"? It's one of the loudest aircraft I've ever stepped foot on. That cabin, while in-flight, is not a pleasant place to be.

superjeff

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:37 pm

steveinbc wrote:

The Q400 is much different than the Q-100 series. bigger and has more room, two lavatories, etc. Add in the noise-cancelation system and the flight isn't that noisy either. I have flown 1 1/2 hours on a Q400 without a problem (MSO-SEA on QX/Horizon); and would have no issues on a 3 hour flight. And Icelandair may well have galleys capable of hot food (although their typical economy class service is sandwiches only these days (unless you upgrade to their mid-level). It is a viable alternative.

JannEejit

Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:57 pm

I've flown many a Q400 sector, admittedly 1 hour or less, but I don't really see a 3 hour flight as being "unbearable" in a 2x2 cabin. A three hour flight in a typical 3x3 narrow body is far less comfortable. And sorry, but I don't recall ever thinking it was particularly noisy. Sure you can hear the prop hum, but I certainly was able to conduct a conversation with my fellow passengers without raising my voice any higher than normal...

Luftymatt

Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:16 pm

hvusslax wrote:

Oh well then, that five minutes makes all the difference :roll:
chase the sun

hvusslax

Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:45 pm

Those five minutes are "unbearable". ;)

RJNUT

Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:48 pm

Colgan(Continental Express) had their Q400''s luxuriously appointed with nice cushy seats that were more comfortable than any regional jet , in fact even any mainline coach seat ! But I have also been on the old Frontier's Lynx Q's and they seemed to be more the standard factory seats and not as comfortable .

Aeroflot777

Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:43 pm

JannEejit wrote:
I've flown many a Q400 sector, admittedly 1 hour or less, but I don't really see a 3 hour flight as being "unbearable" in a 2x2 cabin. A three hour flight in a typical 3x3 narrow body is far less comfortable. And sorry, but I don't recall ever thinking it was particularly noisy. Sure you can hear the prop hum, but I certainly was able to conduct a conversation with my fellow passengers without raising my voice any higher than normal...

Unbearable, no. Comfortable? Also no. The seats that Austrian has are tiny. My whole head is way above the seat, therefore no support to comfortably relax. I can tilt my head back all the way into the space behind me. Also, a 3x3 narrow body is way roomier, even on carriers such as Wizzair, Ryanair and the likes. There is simply more lateral shoulder room.

I'm not even that tall... 5'11"-6', but sitting in the window seat forces me to lean slightly to the side into the armrest and passenger next to me, especially if both of us are average sized-males. Is this a first world problem? Yes. But in general, not something I'd want to do for a 3 hour flight as it gets tiresome.

And the noise... it's undoubtedly noisier than a jet. My question was why it was named "The Quiet One". Perhaps a reference comparing it to the previous Q models.

MIflyer12

Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:10 am

hvusslax wrote:

I would take two hours on a bus to DUB and a widebody from there, thanks.

peterj324

Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:18 am

I have flown the Q400 on several occasions with flights from 1-2 hours. I found the Q400 to be comfortable in terms of seating. The only annoying part of the Dash 8 in general is the cabin noise and vibration that can get to be annoying after a while.

baje427

Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:32 am

Icelandair is really using the range of the Q400 in terms of noise I have traveled on the older Q300 and found them pleasant. The Q400 is supposed to be quieter so its interesting to see many speak on the loudness perhaps the NVS were inop. The comfort will also depend on how the airline has outfitted the Q the Air Tanzinia birds look very nice.

BestWestern

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:21 am

Q400 like the 72-600s - modern and comfortable.

How do the seat costs compare to the 319s for a route like this?
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

c933103

Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:21 am

baje427 wrote:
Icelandair is really using the range of the Q400 in terms of noise I have traveled on the older Q300 and found them pleasant. The Q400 is supposed to be quieter so its interesting to see many speak on the loudness perhaps the NVS were inop. The comfort will also depend on how the airline has outfitted the Q the Air Tanzinia birds look very nice.

Just read that they are using DHC-8-200 to Nuuk which is even more further away than this route.
When no other countries around the world is going to militarily stop China and its subordinate fom abusing its citizens within its national boundary, it is unreasonable to expect those abuse can be countered with purely peaceful means.

SCQ83

Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:31 am

Btw, this means that from KEF there will be connections to up to 15 airports in Ireland and the UK:

- Aberdeen (FI)
- Belfast City (FI)
- Belfast International (U2)
- Birmingham (FI)
- Bristol (U2, WW)
- Cork (WW)
- Dublin (WW)
- East Midlands (BY)
- Glasgow (FI)
- Edinburgh (U2, WW)
- London Gatwick (U2, FI, DY, WW)
- London Heathrow (FI)
- London Luton (U2)
- London Stansted (U2)
- Manchester (U2, FI, BY)

Quite impressive for such a small market. I wonder if KEF-NCL could be feasible with a Q400? Newcastle seems like a market that could work for an Icelandic carrier. Specially since United has chopped their EWR-NCL flights http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-37034062

n272wa

Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:33 am

SCQ83 wrote:
Btw, this means that from KEF there will be connections to up to 15 airports in Ireland and the UK:

- Aberdeen (FI)
- Belfast City (FI)
- Birmingham (FI)
- Bristol (U2, WW)
- Cork (WW)
- Dublin (WW)
- East Midlands (BY)
- Glasgow (FI)
- Edinburgh (U2, WW)
- London Heathrow (FI)
- London Luton (U2)
- London Stansted (U2)

Quite impressive for such a small market. I wonder if KEF-NCL could be feasible with a Q400? Newcastle seems like a market that could work for an Icelandic carrier. Specially since United has chopped their EWR-NCL flights http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-37034062

WOW are terminating Bristol in March and you forgot BA from LHR.

c933103

Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:11 am

SCQ83 wrote:

- Aberdeen (FI)
- Belfast City (FI)
- Birmingham (FI)
- Bristol (U2, WW)
- Cork (WW)
- Dublin (WW)
- East Midlands (BY)
- Glasgow (FI)
- Edinburgh (U2, WW)
- London Heathrow (FI)
- London Luton (U2)
- London Stansted (U2)

According to http://commercialaircraft.bombardier.co ... ities.html , Q400 can reach KEF from as south as Birmingham. But not sure had they taken into account factors like wind yet.

Edit: I guess they have already taken into account those factor as a 1114nm circle with KEF as center should be able to barely touch French mainland and AMS, just outside CPH/ARN's reach. UME/ALF/LYR are also within the theoretical range circle and I am curious as to can it operate KEF-LYR
And that the shape of those "circle" also seems to have taken that into account
When no other countries around the world is going to militarily stop China and its subordinate fom abusing its citizens within its national boundary, it is unreasonable to expect those abuse can be countered with purely peaceful means.

stratocruiser

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:34 am

Leaving aside the 'comfort' debate, this is a good sized aircraft to test the market from Belfast and I suspect that most of the people who book flights via KEF to North America have no idea of the the types of aircraft that they are going to be flying anyway. Hopefully, however, success with these might lead to larger aircraft being substituted on the route in the future.

Rajahdhani

Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:35 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
hvusslax wrote:

I would take two hours on a bus to DUB and a widebody from there, thanks.

BEST. COMMENT. EVER!

EI will surely be making it more and more attractive, as time goes on...

Rajahdhani

Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:41 pm

Luftymatt wrote:
hvusslax wrote:

The North Atlantic, a place known for winds and weather, no? So, that 5 minutes could be eaten up by either/and/or winds/weather.

Not that I am not applauding the use of the frame, and how - however, the pricing would have to be so attractive (and thus, less high yielding) to convince passengers. I wish them the best of luck, the passengers - that is. I can't fathom which is worse, the pain in the rear, or in the head - after that long on any prop, as airlines currently configure them.

IceAir778

Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:14 pm

After reading all these comments I need to say this:
Few of them are, in my opinion, negative. When you should, in my opinion, rejoice them, that there are new option for the people of Northern Ireland to fly west via KEF, where you would only be on the ground for maximum two hours! The comments are about whether you could be in a prop driven aircraft in a 2:30-3:00 hrs; when one of the consideration when the aircraft were designed, was exactly about having it profitable on flights like these and at the same be quiet and comfortable.

Wideroe in Norway is flying the DH4 on a few routes which has this amount of flight time (1,5-3 hrs.).

Here is a new route from an airline, Icelandair, which is getting bigger and bigger on a sustained way. The airline have a bright and very interesting future. Here is an airline using: (1) changes on the market - market opportunities, (2) using the resource they have and make something out of it - profit!, (3) and give more convenient option to the pax. This is very smart move by Icelandair and something that I have been waiting for. I can imagine we would see more like this in the coming years: NCL, ORK, SNN, FAE as well as some smaller cities in west coast of Norway.
-It seems (on the NY webpage) that NY is flying to FAE. The flight is codeshared with Atlantic Airways.

When I heard first that NY was gonna buy three Bombardier Q400 aircraft I thought first that since they have 72-74 seats, this would be too much for the domestic market in Iceland, and secondly, that something was behind their decision which come to an end that they were looking for possibilities outside Iceland. Now since the summer went well with the aircraft: load to ABZ was what they assumed and flight as well as to destination in Greenland operated from KEF by DH4, they are increasing their presence in KEF by adding flights to Akureyri (AEY) and increasing regional flights - now to BHD.

I assume this is much better way flying west to the USA/CAN. Flying BHD-KEF-USA/CAN rather then take a bus/train/car from Belfast to Dublin and then onwards west especially where there are much more possibilities in KEF than in DUB. KEF has much more cities served than DUB. And also this possible is much better than flying by BA to LHR and then west. Since the route by Icelandair is going to be real I would always fly this route rathen be waiting at LHR or in DUB! I would guess it would save more time as well!

c933103 wrote:
baje427 wrote:

Just read that they are using DHC-8-200 to Nuuk which is even more further away than this route.

Yes, that is correct. NY is flying DH2 to Nuuk, GOH. That is only due to the runway length in GOH. I have heard that NY is willing to operate DH4 to GOH where they could fly more cargo to and from GOH.
Last edited by IceAir778 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IceAir778

Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:32 pm

Rajahdhani wrote:
Luftymatt wrote:
hvusslax wrote:

The North Atlantic, a place known for winds and weather, no? So, that 5 minutes could be eaten up by either/and/or winds/weather.

Not that I am not applauding the use of the frame, and how - however, the pricing would have to be so attractive (and thus, less high yielding) to convince passengers. I wish them the best of luck, the passengers - that is. I can't fathom which is worse, the pain in the rear, or in the head - after that long on any prop, as airlines currently configure them.

I am pretty sure that the OCC team both at NY and FI has prepared this quiet well and know exactly what may be expected in the Winter!

mjoelnir

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:03 pm

Rajahdhani wrote:
Luftymatt wrote:
hvusslax wrote:

The cruise speed of a Q400 is above 340 kn, one of the faster turboprops. The 2:55 hours are block time, that usually includes possible head winds. My experience regarding KEF - ABZ - KEF was slightly more than 2 hours on the way out and about 2:40 on the way home. To Nuuk or GOH on the far slower Q200 I experienced 3 hours. If you are flying around the Nordic Countries and visit the smaller places, you better get used to a turboprop and if the choice is between a Dash8 or an ATR, I prefer the Dash8.

baje427

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:27 pm

Does anyone have some interior pics of the Icelandair Q400's?

mjoelnir

Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:52 pm

baje427 wrote:

Next time I am on it, I take some pictures, but I have no trips planed before January. Meanwhile you can type in google, Q400 interior pictures, and find some examples. As far as I know those frames at Icelandair take 74 pax in single class and have new slim line seats at a pitch of 31. Big step up from the old F50 they used to fly. I have had less space in a few 737 I have been on.

Anyway, the airline flying those birds, is Air Iceland, the domestic arm off Icelandair. As it is they have 3 Q400 and 2 Q200 replacing 5 F50.

Rajahdhani

Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:02 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
The cruise speed of a Q400 is above 340 kn, one of the faster turboprops. The 2:55 hours are block time, that usually includes possible head winds. My experience regarding KEF - ABZ - KEF was slightly more than 2 hours on the way out and about 2:40 on the way home. To Nuuk or GOH on the far slower Q200 I experienced 3 hours. If you are flying around the Nordic Countries and visit the smaller places, you better get used to a turboprop and if the choice is between a Dash8 or an ATR, I prefer the Dash8.

What was the flight like? Decent, smooth, wind-whipped? The service? Overall, would you be willing to do it again? You're right - in many cases, this is the norm, in the region. How was the view? If they wanted to expand and/or did well - what options do they have? Additional Dash-8s, until the 737MAX arrives in 2018? Or, is this one of those routes where frequency trumps capacity.

mjoelnir

Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:52 pm

Rajahdhani wrote:
mjoelnir wrote:

What was the flight like? Decent, smooth, wind-whipped? The service? Overall, would you be willing to do it again? You're right - in many cases, this is the norm, in the region. How was the view? If they wanted to expand and/or did well - what options do they have? Additional Dash-8s, until the 737MAX arrives in 2018? Or, is this one of those routes where frequency trumps capacity.

Both the ABZ and GOH flights were rather smooth on the way. The landing in GOH was turbulent. I have had often much worse conditions flying over Iceland. I have had some rough trips in Norway on the Dash, but on a 737 too. The advantage of the Q400 to other turboprops is, how fast she climbs out of turbulence around the airports near mountains or in valleys and how fast she reaches the cruising height. My experience favour flying rather over sea than land to get a smooth ride.
I was flying economy. You get coffee, tea and water or I think a non alcoholic beverage. Having diabetes 2, I always bring my own food anyway and never drink any soft drinks.

aamd11

Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:45 pm

baje427 wrote:

NY posted this Vine of the interior of one of their Q400s. https://vine.co/v/iTwna0PwpBm

Those look like the standard fit seats that most Q400s seem to have.

hvusslax

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:09 pm

stratocruiser wrote:
Leaving aside the 'comfort' debate, this is a good sized aircraft to test the market from Belfast and I suspect that most of the people who book flights via KEF to North America have no idea of the the types of aircraft that they are going to be flying anyway. Hopefully, however, success with these might lead to larger aircraft being substituted on the route in the future.

The Q400 is a convenient aircraft to try out these close and small cities where the 757 is an oversized and uneconomical option. The MAX will have significantly better economics for short routes and I could see it taking over ABZ and BHD/BFS when it enters the FI fleet, freeing the Q400 to try even more exotic routes.

baje427

Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:04 am

Thanks for the video they seem decent for the stage lengths.

aamd11 wrote:
baje427 wrote:

NY posted this Vine of the interior of one of their Q400s. https://vine.co/v/iTwna0PwpBm

Those look like the standard fit seats that most Q400s seem to have.

AirbusOnly

Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:38 am

These Q 400 of AIR ICELAND are already 15 years old frames originally from SAS, their Q 200 are still much older, up 25 years old. So they don't use birds with latest Technology so I guess the complaints of noise and so on are more likely as much more modern ones - and until now they used exclusivelyTF-FXI for the KEF-ABZ flights. Does this one have an other configuration than TF-FXA and TF-FXB (though one of these birds sometimes are flying to Greenland) ?

kelvin933

Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:18 am

AirbusOnly wrote:
These Q 400 of AIR ICELAND are already 15 years old frames originally from SAS, their Q 200 are still much older, up 25 years old. So they don't use birds with latest Technology so I guess the complaints of noise and so on are more likely as much more modern ones - and until now they used exclusivelyTF-FXI for the KEF-ABZ flights. Does this one have an other configuration than TF-FXA and TF-FXB (though one of these birds sometimes are flying to Greenland) ?

The ex-Mesa Q200s where rebuilt (new engines, ANVS installed, glass cockpit, new interior) at Field Aviation before they entered service with Air Iceland, the only thing that makes them 20 year old are the number of cycles on the airframe.

http://aviationweek.com/awin/air-icelan ... 8-avionics
http://fieldav.com/news-events/field-av ... -aircraft/

Added links

mjoelnir

Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:33 am

AirbusOnly wrote:

The old version was the Dash8 400. The Q400 was the improved version with the noise canceling systems, with the Q denoting quiet, and is still in production. It does not matter if the Air Iceland frames are 15 years old or new, they are equipped with the noise canceling systems, no newer technology available. Those three frames were refurbished with a new cabin and newest version of the flight deck, before Air Iceland took them in use.
The Q200 that Icelandair is using is not available new. The 2 frames were bought used and refurbished to the last available standard, new cabin and latest flight deck. And they are rather 20 years old than 25.

oldannyboy

Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:51 am

JannEejit wrote:

Same here. Not particularly noisy, and certainly much quieter than an old Dash-8 (no comparison really!), and still quieter than a DC-9/MD-80 from the wing backwards... and the sidewall curvature is no more unpleasant than that of a CRJ-900... Oh well.

Luftymatt

Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:05 pm

SCQ83 wrote:

An interesting and valid point, NCL would seem to be the next logical choice in the UK for an Icelandic destination. It would be interesting to see if FI or WOW decide to give it a go.
chase the sun

baje427

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:47 pm

The Q400 nextgen cabins seem a bit nicer than the older Q400 cabins but the Icelandair interiors also look nice. It would be nice to get someone do a trip report on these sectors its rare to have props across the Atlantic these days.

mjoelnir wrote:
AirbusOnly wrote:

The old version was the Dash8 400. The Q400 was the improved version with the noise canceling systems, with the Q denoting quiet, and is still in production. It does not matter if the Air Iceland frames are 15 years old or new, they are equipped with the noise canceling systems, no newer technology available. Those three frames were refurbished with a new cabin and newest version of the flight deck, before Air Iceland took them in use.
The Q200 that Icelandair is using is not available new. The 2 frames were bought used and refurbished to the last available standard, new cabin and latest flight deck. And they are rather 20 years old than 25.

VirginFlyer

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:26 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
The old version was the Dash8 400. The Q400 was the improved version with the noise canceling systems, with the Q denoting quiet, and is still in production.

Are you sure of this? I was under the impression all 400s were Qs, and that it was purely a marketing name change from DHC-8-400Q to Q400.

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh

VCEflyboy

Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:38 pm

One question about the q-400: I've heard some airlines have fitted one central seat in the last row at the very end of the aisle. Is that true or is it another aircraft?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos