Topic Author

Easyjet Founder & "Astreaus" [sp?]

Fri Feb 08, 2002 1:29 pm

Is this the new airline that he has started?  Confused
Any info or a link, please.....

nighthawk

RE: Easyjet Founder & "Astreaus" [sp?]

Fri Feb 08, 2002 3:41 pm

i know there is a start up called astraeus, but i couldnt tell you who is in charge. check out thier website at http://www.flyastraeus.com/ and do a search of these forums, a topic about them was started about a month ago.

All i know is they are a charter airline using 5 737s out of gatwick and manchester. check the site for more...

Sukhoi

Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:03 pm

MOL has nothing to do with Astraeus the main people behind it are the ex CEO of Cityflyer and members of the board of the old British World.

Cheers

Paul

Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:05 pm

MOL also has nothing to do with being founder of Easyjet...  Wink/being sarcastic

I beleive he is in charge of an Irish airline though... Big grin

Regards

Give it a GO

Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:34 pm

Astraeus is a new charter airline operating 5 Boeing 737-300/700's from LGW and MAN.

What makes them different from other start ups and other established charter airlines is their low cost base. Astraeus is run by a small team of highly dediated management - and I speak from personal experience when I say that the team come from a very experienced and well thought of past. I have met many of the set up directors personally and seen the fruits of their labor at other airlines in the past.

I can tell you that their 1st commercial flight is planned for the end of March. I know the date but am not sure its common knowledge yet so I'll withold for now! I can tell you a lot about Astreaus, and as more information becomes freely available ill be pleased to post it. For now though, you won't have too long to wait!

Give it a GO

Fri Feb 08, 2002 8:37 pm

Also - just to assure you that Astraeus has absolutley nothing to do with Stelios and co... to be truthful, its FAR more upmarket!

vfw614

Fri Feb 08, 2002 9:32 pm

Behind Astraeus is Brad Burgess, the founder/chief excetuive of Cityflyer née Euroworld née Air Europe Express née Connectair. He sold his interest in Cityflyer to British Airways and left Cityflyer a while ago.

nighthawk

Fri Feb 08, 2002 9:32 pm

straight from the press release dated 24th January 2002

The Astraeus team is working hard to ensure that every aspect of the airline's operations is ready for our inaugural
flight on 28 March.

Our first flight crew training course commences in mid February, followed by the first of five cabin crew training
courses in late February. Recruitment of experienced aviation professionals is a key part of our strategy and the
training for all 45 flight crew and 85 cabin crew will ensure that these key members of the front-line Astraeus team
meet the highest standards.

Our first aircraft delivery is scheduled for 18 March prior to our proving flight with the Civil Aviation Authority later
that week. We are then aiming to receive our Air Operator's Certificate shortly afterwards to enable the first
commercial flight to take place from London Gatwick on 28 March.

Common knowledge m8  Smile

SBE727

Fri Feb 08, 2002 9:52 pm

I have an interview with Astraeus very soon and the only thing which concerns me is that if their CAA aproval flight doesnt go to plan or late delivery of the aircraft (which quite oftens happen in new set ups).
Is it all gonna go wrong etc etc.

I feel that Astraeus will do very well and i think they will be around for some time once they get off the ground.

It sounds a very exciting,fun and very modern company to work for and im looking forward to being with them...right from the start.

It should be fun

many thanks
sbe727

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos