Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
dcajet
Topic Author
Posts: 4732
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

AR and Boeing confirm order for 14 737 MAX 8

Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:59 pm

AR and Boeing confirmed today in Buenos Aires a modification to an outstanding order for 20 737-887. The order has been modified to 14 737 MAX 8 and 6 737-887 NG, of which two have been delivered, one in October and one in November, with a third expected around Xmas day. The first MAX 8 is expected to arrive in November 2017, making AR the first operator of the MAX in Latin America. Better financial terms were also agreed by the two parties. The MAX will look awesome in AR's livery.

Image

AR has operated the 737 family continuously since January 1970 and has operated all models except the 100/400/600/900 variants.AR currently operates 15 700 and 28 800. AR has also announced that with the increased range of the MAX routes to the Caribbean and Central America that do not justify the 330/340 family are now possible non stop from Buenos Aires. It is understood that the fast delivery of the MAX was made possible by cancellations/deferrals of orders that Boeing has received over the past few months.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1968483-aero ... rchnerismo
Keep calm and wash your hands.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 11166
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: AR and Boeing confirm order for 14 737 MAX 8

Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:56 am

The order is for 11 737 MAX and 9 737-800

http://www.reuters.com/article/argentin ... SL1N1EE191
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1990
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: AR and Boeing confirm order for 14 737 MAX 8

Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:57 am

Doesn't any a/c look awesome in AR's livery?
A350/CSeries = bae
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19302
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: AR and Boeing confirm order for 14 737 MAX 8

Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:11 am

Good for AR, I've always had a soft spot for them.

OA940 wrote:
Doesn't any a/c look awesome in AR's livery?


They do, even old "clunkers" :wink2:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
RacheyFlies
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: AR and Boeing confirm order for 14 737 MAX 8

Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:26 am

dcajet wrote:
AR and Boeing confirmed today in Buenos Aires a modification to an outstanding order for 20 737-887. The order has been modified to 14 737 MAX 8 and 6 737-887 NG, of which two have been delivered, one in October and one in November, with a third expected around Xmas day. The first MAX 8 is expected to arrive in November 2017, making AR the first operator of the MAX in Latin America. Better financial terms were also agreed by the two parties. The MAX will look awesome in AR's livery.

AR has operated the 737 family continuously since January 1970 and has operated all models except the 100/400/600/900 variants.AR currently operates 15 700 and 28 800. AR has also announced that with the increased range of the MAX routes to the Caribbean and Central America that do not justify the 330/340 family are now possible non stop from Buenos Aires. It is understood that the fast delivery of the MAX was made possible by cancellations/deferrals of orders that Boeing has received over the past few months.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1968483-aero ... rchnerismo

This is for the replacement for the non BSI 738 and all 73G's, correct? I've only saw LV-CTB and CTC were non BSI 738 and hopefully they're retired and leave's AR fleet. I wonder what happen to all A340's next?
The best plane I've flown is an A380. They were the biggest and the best than other plane I've been on. :lol:
 
Someone83
Posts: 4941
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: AR and Boeing confirm order for 14 737 MAX 8

Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:56 am

So we're talking about a convertion and not a new order for Boeing?
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1990
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: AR and Boeing confirm order for 14 737 MAX 8

Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:08 pm

scbriml wrote:
Good for AR, I've always had a soft spot for them.

OA940 wrote:
Doesn't any a/c look awesome in AR's livery?


They do, even old "clunkers" :wink2:


Of course they do! :lol: ;)
A350/CSeries = bae
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 11166
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: AR and Boeing confirm order for 14 737 MAX 8

Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:09 pm

Someone83 wrote:
So we're talking about a convertion and not a new order for Boeing?


I don't think so as the original order never hit Boeing's books, it was previously an agreement but not firmed

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2013-10-21- ... ation-737s
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 1177
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: AR and Boeing confirm order for 14 737 MAX 8

Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:33 pm

It's a conversion.

The original order for 20x 737-800 was booked in 2013. Earlier this year the par that is converted to the MAX was cancelled, but at the same time a new unidentified order with the same number for the MAX was booked . This is the reason why it was already known that they had ordered the MAX, it just was not confirmed yet.

With the 1st delivery in late 2017 it's clearly a conversion that has become possible because the MAX is ahead of schedule. No deferral, instead their delivery slots have simply been upgraded from the NG to the MAX because it's possible.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 19302
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: AR and Boeing confirm order for 14 737 MAX 8

Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:56 pm

qf789 wrote:
I don't think so as the original order never hit Boeing's books, it was previously an agreement but not firmed


It must have been because Boeing shows an order for 9 x 737-800 for AR booked on 21-Oct-2013 (changed from the original 20). They also show an order for 11 x MAX for Unidentified on 29-Sep-2016.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
Mistral1
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:15 pm

Re: AR and Boeing confirm order for 14 737 MAX 8

Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:28 pm

OA940 wrote:
Doesn't any a/c look awesome in AR's livery?


They do indeed.
 
georgiabill
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:53 pm

Re: AR and Boeing confirm order for 14 737 MAX 8

Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:30 pm

Good to see AR modernizing their fleet with A330'S and 737 NG'S and Max
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 4388
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: AR and Boeing confirm order for 14 737 MAX 8

Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:44 pm

Momo1435 wrote:

With the 1st delivery in late 2017 it's clearly a conversion that has become possible because the MAX is ahead of schedule. No deferral, instead their delivery slots have simply been upgraded from the NG to the MAX because it's possible.


If only this kind of thing happened more often. Congratulations to Boeing on the excellent management of the Boeing 737MAX's certification and production.
First to fly the 787-9
 
ahj2000
Posts: 1235
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:17 pm

Am I the only one who thinks AR's livery is meh? Its a weird color (like they tried to take the flag color and polished it till it turned darker yet shinier) and the way the condor kinda rides the fuselage is weird to me.
-Andrés Juánez
 
jbs2886
Posts: 2497
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: AR and Boeing confirm order for 14 737 MAX 8

Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:45 pm

scbriml wrote:
qf789 wrote:
I don't think so as the original order never hit Boeing's books, it was previously an agreement but not firmed


It must have been because Boeing shows an order for 9 x 737-800 for AR booked on 21-Oct-2013 (changed from the original 20). They also show an order for 11 x MAX for Unidentified on 29-Sep-2016.


I wonder how Boeing got them slots in about a year (if delivery is in late 2017)?

Also, there have been a number of conversions, has Boeing overbooked the NG or will we be seeing some orders to fill positions? Alternatively, if it is true the MAX is ahead of schedule, maybe they don't need the NG orders (or need less).
 
ODwyerPW
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:30 am

Re: AR and Boeing confirm order for 14 737 MAX 8

Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:50 pm

Seeing that 2 have already been delivered..... something was firm at some point
learning never stops.
 
dcajet
Topic Author
Posts: 4732
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: AR and Boeing confirm order for 14 737 MAX 8

Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:17 am

TurnerJet wrote:
This is for the replacement for the non BSI 738 and all 73G's, correct? I've only saw LV-CTB and CTC were non BSI 738 and hopefully they're retired and leave's AR fleet. I wonder what happen to all A340's next?


The order is to replace the 15 73G currently operational on a one by one basis as the new 738 and MAX arrive. All 73Gs are going to Southwest. I have not heard of any plans to retire CTB and CTC; whille the BSI is a plus,the lack of it is not enough to warrant their retirement.

qf789 wrote:
The order is for 11 737 MAX and 9 737-800

http://www.reuters.com/article/argentin ... SL1N1EE191


Actually according to AR and Boeing, AR has the option to convert the last three to MAX in three months' time. Not sure why that is, but there in lies the discrepancy between 11 and 14, I suppose they will end up with 14.

ODwyerPW wrote:
Seeing that 2 have already been delivered..... something was firm at some point


LV-GKU and LV-GKS are their regs, LV-GKT, the third, was due to arrive in Argentina today.
Keep calm and wash your hands.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2175301, arfbool, Baidu [Spider], battlegroup62, deltacto, JibberJim, kanban, n901wa, Nahush, QB737, qexonial, Ropsten, Silver1SWA, Taxi645, Tuan, UALWN, uka330, V220 and 158 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos