Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
airplaneamelia
Topic Author
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:42 pm

Emirates A380 at SEA

Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:53 pm

Howdy!

Anyone know why there is an Emirates A380 at Seattle-Tacoma International? Saw it this morning on my way out to Houston from a 737-800.
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2265
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:03 pm

It was probably EK 2515, some special DXB-SEA flight. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek2515 .. A6-EEU aircraft.. I don't know its purpose however. Were there some recent Emirates cancellations to SEA?
 
Qantas744er
Posts: 1248
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:36 am

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:41 pm

anshabhi wrote:
It was probably EK 2515, some special DXB-SEA flight. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek2515 .. A6-EEU aircraft.. I don't know its purpose however. Were there some recent Emirates cancellations to SEA?


-EEU is heading to LAX from SEA. This is to clear the backlog caused by the delayed EK216 on the 21st.

I am unsure however, why it stopped at SEA on its way to LAX.
 
MaxTrimm
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:31 pm

Where did they deboard? On the north cargo ramp?
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 4600
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:39 pm

Is it still there? If so, when's it leaving? I think I need to tell the boss I don't feel well and need to go home now :?
 
PlanesNTrains
Posts: 9524
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:40 pm

It didn't happen without pictures.
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 4600
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:56 pm

checked Flightaware and it departed at 07:31, so I missed it :hissyfit:
I am so bummed that no one from Port of Seattle emailed me...they're gonna hear from me when I get there next Wed for my volunteer shift :box:
 
747megatop
Posts: 1813
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 8:22 am

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:00 pm

Qantas744er wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
It was probably EK 2515, some special DXB-SEA flight. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek2515 .. A6-EEU aircraft.. I don't know its purpose however. Were there some recent Emirates cancellations to SEA?


-EEU is heading to LAX from SEA. This is to clear the backlog caused by the delayed EK216 on the 21st.

I am unsure however, why it stopped at SEA on its way to LAX.

This is probably a reason why it stopped at SEA on it's way to LAX - http://abc7.com/travel/lax-expects-near ... s/1670193/
LAX is experiencing delays and cancellations.
 
32andBelow
Posts: 6359
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 am

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:22 pm

747megatop wrote:
Qantas744er wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
It was probably EK 2515, some special DXB-SEA flight. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek2515 .. A6-EEU aircraft.. I don't know its purpose however. Were there some recent Emirates cancellations to SEA?


-EEU is heading to LAX from SEA. This is to clear the backlog caused by the delayed EK216 on the 21st.

I am unsure however, why it stopped at SEA on its way to LAX.

This is probably a reason why it stopped at SEA on it's way to LAX - http://abc7.com/travel/lax-expects-near ... s/1670193/
LAX is experiencing delays and cancellations.

I find it hard to believe they wouldn't work in an A380 from Dubai
 
tespai
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:17 pm

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:06 pm

It stopped in Seattle apparently because it reached fuel minimums due to delays over Russia.

Is this the first time an A380 has landed at SEA? Too bad no one got a photo of it if true.
 
User avatar
piedmontf284000
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:00 pm

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:17 pm

747megatop wrote:
Qantas744er wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
It was probably EK 2515, some special DXB-SEA flight. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek2515 .. A6-EEU aircraft.. I don't know its purpose however. Were there some recent Emirates cancellations to SEA?


-EEU is heading to LAX from SEA. This is to clear the backlog caused by the delayed EK216 on the 21st.

I am unsure however, why it stopped at SEA on its way to LAX.

This is probably a reason why it stopped at SEA on it's way to LAX - http://abc7.com/travel/lax-expects-near ... s/1670193/
LAX is experiencing delays and cancellations.


I have a friend who stated he got to LAX at 9 this morning and still has not gotten to his gate. He flight departed two hours ago. He said check-in/security lines were up to 4 hours!!
 
frmrCapCadet
Posts: 5655
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:50 pm

I believe a 380 made a visit to Seattle shortly after, or just before, it went into service.
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 27921
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:23 pm

tespai wrote:
Is this the first time an A380 has landed at SEA? Too bad no one got a photo of it if true.


I believe this is the first visit, as I live in Seattle and cannot recall a news article or forum post about a visit. We're only an emergency diversion airport for the type with a single gate in the S terminal allocated to an A380 (the alternates are the north cargo ramp).


frmrCapCadet wrote:
I believe a 380 made a visit to Seattle shortly after, or just before, it went into service.


I am positive she did not make a PR visit as that would have been a major headache to airport operations and I would have gone and seen her. :) Nor can I remember her visiting Boeing Field. So I believe this is the first A380 stop in the Seattle area.
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 4600
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:30 pm

Stitch wrote:
tespai wrote:
Is this the first time an A380 has landed at SEA? Too bad no one got a photo of it if true.


I believe this is the first visit, as I live in Seattle and cannot recall a news article or forum post about a visit. We're only an emergency diversion airport for the type with a single gate in the S terminal allocated to an A380 (the alternates are the north cargo ramp).


frmrCapCadet wrote:
I believe a 380 made a visit to Seattle shortly after, or just before, it went into service.


I am positive she did not make a PR visit as that would have been a major headache to airport operations and I would have gone and seen her. :) Nor can I remember her visiting Boeing Field. So I believe this is the first A380 stop in the Seattle area.

I concur Stitch - this is the first visit to the Seattle area (SEA, BFI, PAE, etc) by the Big Bus. I am surprised there was nothing on the local news websites about it. Definitely going to try to track down the Port's P.R. guy when I am at SEA next Wednesday to see if they got any photos. If it didn't cause excessive headaches for them on this one-off, maybe EK can convince them to have it come by again in the future, like maybe during cruise season next summer. I can only hope.........
 
PlanesNTrains
Posts: 9524
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:43 pm

ER757 wrote:
Stitch wrote:
tespai wrote:
Is this the first time an A380 has landed at SEA? Too bad no one got a photo of it if true.


I believe this is the first visit, as I live in Seattle and cannot recall a news article or forum post about a visit. We're only an emergency diversion airport for the type with a single gate in the S terminal allocated to an A380 (the alternates are the north cargo ramp).


frmrCapCadet wrote:
I believe a 380 made a visit to Seattle shortly after, or just before, it went into service.


I am positive she did not make a PR visit as that would have been a major headache to airport operations and I would have gone and seen her. :) Nor can I remember her visiting Boeing Field. So I believe this is the first A380 stop in the Seattle area.

I concur Stitch - this is the first visit to the Seattle area (SEA, BFI, PAE, etc) by the Big Bus. I am surprised there was nothing on the local news websites about it. Definitely going to try to track down the Port's P.R. guy when I am at SEA next Wednesday to see if they got any photos. If it didn't cause excessive headaches for them on this one-off, maybe EK can convince them to have it come by again in the future, like maybe during cruise season next summer. I can only hope.........


Well, if SEA is anything like LAX today, probably not the best time to bring Big Bird in. haha Honestly, with the lousy weather, it was likely not worth it anyhow. Bring it on one of those 71 days when we have sun each year. That'd be perfect!
 
Fantikerz
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:08 pm

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:38 am

 
grbauc
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:01 am

thanks for the picture : )
 
dgorun
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:54 pm

Re: Emirates A380 at SEA

Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:45 am

There was a broken A380 at LAX, the one at SEA was the replacement for it,but it had to stop for fuel because of high winds enroute.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos