JAmie2k9

Re: Irish 1/17: A whole new world!

Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:30 pm

API has been in planning AFAIK, part of new system. Just like every passport/document must be scanned from 9 January when arriving.

Zachbt

Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:33 pm

opticalilyushin wrote:
I think it's ok throughout the Winter schedule

Seems you are on the money, tried to dummy book in May and nothing came back up, phew.

Dardania

Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:36 pm

OA260 wrote:
Seems API is going to be introduced for most if not all flights in and out of Ireland. Although not sure if this was in the planning anyway.

With Brexit approaching...I can see the UK insisting on it if we want to maintain a CTA

AmricanShamrok

Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:36 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
"Ryanair were bound to do something in response and of course they love the PR good or bad. Aer Lingus seem to be keeping quiet on the FR posts and probably the best thing. They could be in a lot of hot water especially if it turns out women were trafficked for use by gangs. Its a PR disaster waiting to happen. If I were EI I would be issuing a statement tomorrow on the website and media release condemning what has gone on and that they will fully co operate with authorities.

As for FR it is ironic that they made such a Tweet when a lot of their crew/passengers are immigrants/migrant workers and keep FR afloat."

They have issued a statement, this will do little damage to them the public's prospective. Couldn't agree more about the ironery but to be expected as thier social media team are not the brightest.

"
Ryanair's response to this story has been nothing short of disgusting, obviously seeing this as the perfect oppourtunity to take a swipe at Aer Lingus, they've tweeted two mocked up images, one of which features the punch line, "immigrants flies Aer Lingus" which has resulted in quite the backlash and rightly so.

Human trafficking, comedy gold at Ryanair HQ!"

It's bad taste and I don't agree with it however the offence on social media is pathetic, people go out of their way to get offended online these days.

I don't agree with FR's social media reaction to the scandal but you're right - many people on Facebook/Twitter/whatever are just looking for ways to be offended these days.

OA260

Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:37 pm

Zachbt wrote:
OA260 wrote:
opticalilyushin wrote:
Apparantly Brussels Airlines are about to announce the withdrawal from the Belfast market. Passenger numbers have been low, while KLM are doing really well.

That explains why they have zeroed out all availability for new bookings.

I'm booked to use this flight in March and it's still available online through their website. Should maybe e-mail them and find out, would spoil a perfectly good trip to Bruges having to rebook and go through ryanair and Dublin at half six in the morning :roll:

Last flight 24/3 .

seatrump

Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:45 pm

US Pilot and FA unions, supported by the major carriers, are meeting with Donald Trump today in an attempt to get him to reverse the DOJ/DOT approval of NAI on the basis that this is stealing US jobs. Given this is a cornerstone of DTs policy and likely to appeal to him as a quick win if reversed, it seems likely NAIs approval could be withdrawn.

If this does happen, what kind of response could be expected from the EU. Would that put Open Skies in jeopardy?

OA260

Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:46 pm

TC - JHZ went tech at DUB today and the return flight TK 1976 was cancelled.

ClassicLover

Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:47 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
API has been in planning AFAIK, part of new system. Just like every passport/document must be scanned from 9 January when arriving.

I wasn't aware this was the case. It makes sense, as I've seen them waving EU Passport holders through without even touching the Passports before. Quite handy if you're being waved through but probably not the best if you're entering fraudulently.

I imagine the keeping of the CTA and no border will only work if Irish and UK immigration policy at ports of entry are harmonised to be exactly the same along. Information sharing (which I believe is already occurring) goes hand in hand with that. I'm all for the CTA remaining and having the same immigration controls will mean it should be just fine as it won't be possible for anyone to be in either country without the other country knowing.

Cross fingers anyway, I don't want to live in an Ireland with borders.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

JAmie2k9

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:46 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

I wasn't aware this was the case. It makes sense, as I've seen them waving EU Passport holders through without even touching the Passports before. Quite handy if you're being waved through but probably not the best if you're entering fraudulently.

I imagine the keeping of the CTA and no border will only work if Irish and UK immigration policy at ports of entry are harmonised to be exactly the same along. Information sharing (which I believe is already occurring) goes hand in hand with that. I'm all for the CTA remaining and having the same immigration controls will mean it should be just fine as it won't be possible for anyone to be in either country without the other country knowing.

Cross fingers anyway, I don't want to live in an Ireland with borders.

Ireland and UK started sharing API as the Minister for Justice signed it into law last March or April.

Joelatbsl

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:24 pm

A fair number of extra flights and a few upgrades from ATRs to A320s at Aer Lingus between Ireland (DUB & ORK) and Edinburgh for the Six Nations rugby game next week at Murrayfield:

http://footballcharters.blogspot.com/20 ... -2017.html

OA260

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:33 pm

All you could hear today at DUB was people talking about the scandal. EI staff / DAA staff even at security. Overheard a few saying that one of those arrested was hated by staff and its the tip of the iceberg.

Joelatbsl

Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:46 pm

Hardly surprising that at this point everyone seems to be pointing his/her finger at those they like the least. Though hopefully this is a incident that reminds everyone to go through the world with open eyes and hopefully it helps to remind the right people of the right responsibilities. I've got a simmering feeling though, that at max. this will lead to some inefficient clampdown in security measures ...

AirbusA343

Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:34 pm

OA260 wrote:
TC - JHZ went tech at DUB today and the return flight TK 1976 was cancelled.

What exactly went wrong do you know? Disappointed not to see an A330 today due to the passengers stranded (if that's the case) :pessimist:

OA260

Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Pleasant enough flight down to ACE with EI. Lady at Prem check in very nice and blocked middle row which was most welcome.

Lounge was quiet which was good but still lacks decent catering options for a so called 4* airline! They need to get their act together and at least offer sandwiches rather then just leaving the breakfast items out with biscuits.

Boarding was well organised with Priority being strictly enforced.

Hmmm....No comment !

Quite a full flight and lots of sales from the BOB. Looking at the menu though I did spot this :

Exclusive extended is a joke I want what she is smoking . The last few flights no pre order available not even the breakfast. So this is boardering false advertising.

Yet more errors in the Cara magazine. I must have missed the Aer-Bridge ACE announcement ;)

Despite that the crew worked hard and were pleasant even under pressure from a small group of "Dub-Lads" who thought they were barmaids at their beck and call.

Good detailed info from the flight deck and disembarking by steps made for some good plane pics.

JAmie2k9

Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:48 pm

2016 Traffic Stats:

Dublin - 27,908,347 +11.4%
Cork - 2,230,564 +7.7%
Shannon - 1,749,367 +2%
Knock - 733,871 +6.5%

DUB/ORK/SNN under daa bussiest year was 2007 with 30.0 million, 2016 DUB/ORK 30.1 million.

conflats

Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:56 pm

OA260 wrote:
Pleasant enough flight down to ACE with EI. Lady at Prem check in very nice and blocked middle row which was most welcome.

Lounge was quiet which was good but still lacks decent catering options for a so called 4* airline! They need to get their act together and at least offer sandwiches rather then just leaving the breakfast items out with biscuits.

Hmmm....No comment !

Quite a full flight and lots of sales from the BOB. Looking at the menu though I did spot this :

Exclusive extended is a joke I want what she is smoking . The last few flights no pre order available not even the breakfast. So this is boardering false advertising.

Yet more errors in the Cara magazine. I must have missed the Aer-Bridge ACE announcement ;)

Despite that the crew worked hard and were pleasant even under pressure from a small group of "Dub-Lads" who thought they were barmaids at their beck and call.

Good detailed info from the flight deck and disembarking by steps made for some good plane pics.

Wow talk about coincidence I was on the return flight yesterday evening.

Few things I noticed on the flight over and back was their was no structure to the boarding process, no call for aer club passengers either end.

On the way out we deplaned by jetbridge (which I thought was mandatory at Spanish airports) but obviously since I boarded by bus transfer yesterday that's not the case, but watching the aer lingus flight from Cork deplane vs the Dublin one it made me wonder why EI don't use the bus option all the time to speed up the turn around.

Quick flight coming back landed 45minutes early and bags were on belt quick. Pilot gave loads of info and frequent updates

JAmie2k9

Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:05 pm

conflats wrote:
OA260 wrote:

Hmmm....No comment !

Few things I noticed on the flight over and back was their was no structure to the boarding process, no call for aer club passengers either end.

On the way out we deplaned by jetbridge (which I thought was mandatory at Spanish airports) but obviously since I boarded by bus transfer yesterday that's not the case, but watching the aer lingus flight from Cork deplane vs the Dublin one it made me wonder why EI don't use the bus option all the time to speed up the turn around.

Quick flight coming back landed 45minutes early and bags were on belt quick. Pilot gave loads of info and frequent updates

It's mandatory but it depends on the cause. You won't see much if any boarding other than jet way or bus, no walking from terminal to aircraft.

ACE dons't have many and it's airport who assign them.

conflats

Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:18 pm

[/quote]
It's mandatory but it depends on the cause. You won't see much if any boarding other than jet way or bus, no walking from terminal to aircraft.

ACE dons't have many and it's airport who assign them.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. Funny you say that I but while I was sitting at gate and a ryanair flight pulled up at gate1 and I was watching to see how FR would handle the quick turn with just 1 door but next thing air stairs popped out and rear stairs went over. Passengers walked to terminal which I was surprised maybe it was a one gate thing as all other FR flights were bussed from far end of the ramp

OA260

Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:51 pm

conflats wrote:
OA260 wrote:

Hmmm....No comment !

Hope you enjoyed your trip. Certainly nice to be in Summer clothes although chilly at night. The rules at ACE are that its all mix and mash! Sometimes I arrive at airbridge sometimes stairs even when there are available ones. It does not matter what carrier either . My 2 previous trips with I2 one was and one was by bus. Anyway it does not bother me too much they are usually quick enough and its nice to experience the warm and get pics.

Interesting about the lack of consistency compared to my boarding process. Was there still plenty of hot food available on the return flight ? I wondered if they may run out.

JAmie2k9

Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:44 pm

conflats wrote:

ACE dons't have many and it's airport who assign them.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. Funny you say that I but while I was sitting at gate and a ryanair flight pulled up at gate1 and I was watching to see how FR would handle the quick turn with just 1 door but next thing air stairs popped out and rear stairs went over. Passengers walked to terminal which I was surprised maybe it was a one gate thing as all other FR flights were bussed from far end of the ramp[/quote]

ACE wouldn't be overly busy so some walking may be expected but it's largely bus/bridge. Airports like ALC, AGP, BCN, MAD, PMI etc are much more stricter and its bus or bridge only.

conflats

Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:13 pm

OA260 wrote:
conflats wrote:
OA260 wrote:

Hmmm....No comment !

Hope you enjoyed your trip. Certainly nice to be in Summer clothes although chilly at night. The rules at ACE are that its all mix and mash! Sometimes I arrive at airbridge sometimes stairs even when there are available ones. It does not matter what carrier either . My 2 previous trips with I2 one was and one was by bus. Anyway it does not bother me too much they are usually quick enough and its nice to experience the warm and get pics.

Interesting about the lack of consistency compared to my boarding process. Was there still plenty of hot food available on the return flight ? I wondered if they may run out.

I preferred the boarding by the bus it's nice to be able to stand beside the aircraft.

As regards hot food nobody as far as I seen in front half of cabin ordered any, I was glad when I got a chicken and stuffing sandwich :D

tonystan

Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Arrived into Pier A this morning and once again ended up joining a rather hefty line for passport control.

I can understand why they now need to scan all passports entering the country and indeed I support it however surely it's time for the DAA to sort out its CTA arrivals. It seems like they are not implementing the CTA borders correctly like they once did (how long ago did that change can anyone remember) and surely if they did redevelope infrastructure correctly it would help reduce the queueing levels at immigration as it seemed to me most of the people coming in this morning had also arrived from the UK.

The whole Dublin set up just seems to make a mockery of the CTA especially when you consider arriving into LHR and LGW and you can be off the plane, picked up your bags and out of the terminal without as much as seeing an airport employee!
My views are my own and do not reflect any other person or organisation.

Joelatbsl

Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Joelatbsl wrote:
A fair number of extra flights and a few upgrades from ATRs to A320s at Aer Lingus between Ireland (DUB & ORK) and Edinburgh for the Six Nations rugby game next week at Murrayfield:

http://footballcharters.blogspot.com/20 ... -2017.html

There will be a number of Ryanair extra flights too, now added to the list via the quoted link. Five round trips DUB-EDI-DUB each before and after the game ...

OA260

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:42 am

EI - CPG currently parked up at ACE. Last nights 779 was cancelled.

OA260

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:53 pm

A tough moral question for the Irish to debate for sure !

Cabinet to discuss US preclearance in Ireland

Minister for Transport, Tourism, and Sport Shane Ross has said the Trump administration's decisions on immigration over the weekend will have earth-shattering consequences globally.

Speaking on RTÉ’s Morning Ireland, Mr Moran said he would like the Cabinet "to meet to look at those measures and make sure that they're not implemented. We don't want those measures implemented on Irish soil and I think it's important that we set out that signal quite loud and strong to the American administration."

http://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0130/848653 ... ration-us/

JAmie2k9

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:40 pm

OA260 wrote:
A tough moral question for the Irish to debate for sure !

Cabinet to discuss US preclearance in Ireland

Minister for Transport, Tourism, and Sport Shane Ross has said the Trump administration's decisions on immigration over the weekend will have earth-shattering consequences globally.

Speaking on RTÉ’s Morning Ireland, Mr Moran said he would like the Cabinet "to meet to look at those measures and make sure that they're not implemented. We don't want those measures implemented on Irish soil and I think it's important that we set out that signal quite loud and strong to the American administration."

http://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0130/848653 ... ration-us/

They didn't care about an Obama ban in 2011..........

Just 1 reported passenger stopped in Ireland and it would be stupid for a Goverment to make a big deal out of this when in reality those who have been told not to travel do so known they will be stopped are just plain stupid. Pre Clearance is great and any attempt to damaged it would be counter productive.
Last edited by JAmie2k9 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAmie2k9

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:54 pm

tonystan wrote:
Arrived into Pier A this morning and once again ended up joining a rather hefty line for passport control.

I can understand why they now need to scan all passports entering the country and indeed I support it however surely it's time for the DAA to sort out its CTA arrivals. It seems like they are not implementing the CTA borders correctly like they once did (how long ago did that change can anyone remember) and surely if they did redevelope infrastructure correctly it would help reduce the queueing levels at immigration as it seemed to me most of the people coming in this morning had also arrived from the UK.

The whole Dublin set up just seems to make a mockery of the CTA especially when you consider arriving into LHR and LGW and you can be off the plane, picked up your bags and out of the terminal without as much as seeing an airport employee!

Arrived off BA last night and immigration took 4 minutes, it was very busy but you were always moving. You are required to show ID when entering Ireland, not a hope of this changing anytime soon.
______

Flew DUB-LHR on the 20.50 on Friday, doors closed and waiting push back by 2025! Held for 15 minutes waiting for new route to be approved before we pushed and were at the gate in LHR in 60 minutes. Flight was lightly loaded, gate went straight to final call and a lot of people had running to do including me.....

Flew LHR-DUB on the 21.15 on Sunday, two runway changes resulted in gate to gate of 90 minutes, but a more relaxed boarding experience, flight was more less full so was delighted when they asked some to check baggage in at the gate, got to board first for doing it.

It's been so long since I have traveled BA, when did they do away with cash sales on board?

At time of booking flights more less as expensive as FR/EI but you collect more points that EI which is what make pick them over EI.

Cipango

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:01 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
tonystan wrote:

It's been so long since I have traveled BA, when did they do away with cash sales on board?

At time of booking flights more less as expensive as FR/EI but you collect more points that EI which is what make pick them over EI.

They recently introduced BoB and i think this is when they began card-only transactions.

It's hard to distinguish EI and BA now given both are BoB and charge for baggage.
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.

JAmie2k9

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:16 pm

Cipango wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
tonystan wrote:

They recently introduced BoB and i think this is when they began card-only transactions.

It's hard to distinguish EI and BA now given both are BoB and charge for baggage.

The fact you have to pay in Sterling on the card (I assume?) and the charges associated wtih it, it's not worth it. Very poor selection also. At least with EI you have cash option. Its hard to distinguish however BA reward points are more generous than EI which, I will likely earn them with BA and spend with EI.

OA260

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:23 pm

BA announced that with the introduction of BOB it would be a cash only service. This was to speed things up but with the machine issues it has certainly not.

------

EI - CPG still on the ground at ACE tonight. EI CPE was operating tonights 778/779. 3 EI tails on the ground at one stage .

Looks like CPG is being worked on tonight :

RRTrent

Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:27 am

OA260 wrote:
EI - CPG still on the ground at ACE tonight. EI CPE was operating tonights 778/779. 3 EI tails on the ground at one stage.

Walking into the office this morning I saw a Titan A320 operating the morning flight out to AGP. I reckon its in relation to CPG still being out of position.

goldcrest

Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:33 am

Titan have had two departures this morning on DUB AGP , an A320 and A321. Both operated with Titan flight number.

737 is now airborne heading to AGP also.

gosimeon

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:03 am

goldcrest wrote:
Titan have had two departures this morning on DUB AGP , an A320 and A321. Both operated with Titan flight number.

737 is now airborne heading to AGP also.

LinkedIn charters, bringing approx 700 employees from their Dublin office to Malaga for a couple of days for an off-site. They will be returned with Titan on Thursday afternoon.

RRTrent

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:47 pm

gosimeon wrote:
LinkedIn charters, bringing approx 700 employees from their Dublin office to Malaga for a couple of days for an off-site.

Show of hands who wants a job with LinkedIn?? :bigthumbsup:

shamrock350

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:23 pm

Have Aer Lingus dropped Porto before it's even started?

No longer showing online and their twitter team say it's no longer operating. It was only announced in November (Miami and Split were also announced) but was quickly followed by Ryanair deciding to double their own flights.

Maybe it's not worth it with FR dumping that much capacity on the route.

JAmie2k9

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:31 pm

"BA announced that with the introduction of BOB it would be a cash only service. This was to speed things up but with the machine issues it has certainly not. "

Service was rather slow, BA should of sent them on a few Aer Lingus flights to show them how service is done on such short flights. Some crew had time for a bitch in the galley about other crew....
______-
Aer Lingus have dropped more AMS capacity over peak summer to make way for bucket and spade, BRU cut over same period. Wouldn't put it solely down to FR/KLM but rather more making to be make elsewhere in peak summer (late May-early Sep) than the route losing money. 4 daily remains outside of this (same as last summer)

AMS
06.15 - daily
10.20 - daily
13.40 - daily excl Tu, We, Sat
18.10 - daily excl Sat (note departing around 1 hour lather) (Good change IMO)

BRU
Saturday morning dropped and Tuesday/Wednesday evenings also dropped.

Still lots of increases in the schedule with the extra 7 slots from the BHD aircraft and if WX take some LGW or additional aircraft joining the fleet for peak season.

shamrock321

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:59 pm

BA crew have no problem serving full and short flights, I've worked any MAN and served full A321s in 20/25 minutes. The problems are with the computer used to process payments, it's had a few teething problems. (End of defensive post)

kaitak
Topic Author

Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:14 pm

Govt is looking at possibility of brining City-airport rail link ("Metro North" forward, as it reviews capital expenditure plans for the next few years:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/ ... -1.2957390

OA260

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:13 pm

EI - CPG finally left ACE this evening around 18:30 operating as EI 993.

shamrock604

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:13 pm

shamrock350 wrote:

No longer showing online and their twitter team say it's no longer operating. It was only announced in November (Miami and Split were also announced) but was quickly followed by Ryanair deciding to double their own flights.

That's disappointing, I don't do FR as a rule, and was looking forward to a visit there. All the same, I'm sure they get a good idea of likely demand not only from advance bookings but also from searches. If they aren't even bothered to "launch it and see", interest must not have been good!

I'm more put off by cuts on BRU - while obviously it is capacity being shifted to bucket and spade, EI should be able to hold its own on these routes against FR.

EI really do need a smaller jet to develop Europe more and feed the hub. Hopefully, we see that soon!

JAmie2k9

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:44 pm

shamrock350 wrote:

The summer schedule required 38 aircraft when I looked a week ago however they only have 37 and you guessed it it was OPO x3 weekly which had work for aircraft number 38, nothing else that I could see.

Could be waiting for conformation for number 38 or it's just not happening. They have held off one or two other frequencies.

JAmie2k9

Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:07 pm

shamrock321 wrote:
BA crew have no problem serving full and short flights, I've worked any MAN and served full A321s in 20/25 minutes. The problems are with the computer used to process payments, it's had a few teething problems. (End of defensive post)

It was just tongue and cheek ;)

Out of interest have on board sales dipped since cash was withdrawn, I could of easily spent 15 quid over two flights if cash was accepted.

BrianDromey

Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:43 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
shamrock321 wrote:

It was just tongue and cheek ;)

Out of interest have on board sales dipped since cash was withdrawn, I could of easily spent 15 quid over two flights if cash was accepted.

BA has never accepted cash for buy-on-board sale, it launched on the 11th of Jan and has been Card (charged in sterling) or Avios payments from day one. I don't know if duty-free sales still accept cash, or not.

Armaghman

Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:54 pm

Belfast to lose Brussels, must be bad if not hanging around for summer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-38812700

SQ22

Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:25 pm

Please continue your discussion and to post your updates here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1356019&p=19331367#p19331367

Thread will be locked.

I am sorry for being a bit late this month, but thread will be renewed on a monthly Basis.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos